Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    The croutons were delicious! Since I made them from sandwich bread that wasn't even really stale, maybe "day old' stale at most, they had a much softer crunch than most of the store bought croutons, but I swear that sometimes you could break a tooth on some of those store bought croutons! They are usually made from a much firmer bread, and probably baked much slower to get really good and dry, and I'll have to admit there are some really tasty ones out there. Just sometimes too hard, too crunchy.

But J LOVED the softer texture of my home made croutons, and he liked the flavor of my home made croutons, as did I. I found the softer texture quite nice myself, as it was still crispy, but without the jaw breaking crunch. This was the first time I've ever made croutons from sandwich bread but I think I'll do that all the time now, since they came out so well.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi...I'm alive, and well...
    its been busy around here!!! And it looks like more tomorrow, and hopefully things will be peaceful by Friday!?! :)
    I've read the posts, didn't watch the food tests, laughed at the cartoons...etc. Will be a LONG post if I comment on them all!!
    I love home made croutons, and the extra benefit that wasn't mentioned was the SMELL SO DARNED GOOD while they're baking!!!!
    OH, and my mouse died this morning....so looks like I'll be buying gasoline for the car, mouse for the computer, and there's something on my list for Walmart....good grief I don't even remember that that something is. Glad its written down...
    I'm beat, and heading to bed
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 68 out there now with 90% chance of rain. Yesterday was not really RAIN, but more of a Drizzly Adams kind of day. We'll see what today brings.

Off to Dragon Con tonight, but we'll be back each day for a brief period, to take care of all the pets.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Vintage TV closing themes, part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rczsaxCmkg
  • parityanimal
    Irish people taste test American pancakes. Darn it, now I want some pancakes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59tNfI5WQkY
  • parityanimal
    More amazing cake decorating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqA-TNmasC8
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 61 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking.

Later on I will be heading out to CostCo for Frozen vegetables, Fruit, paper goods and possibly protein shakes depending on flavors available.

Interesting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/29/low-fat-diet-linked-higher-death-rates-major-lancet-study-finds/
    Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows
    Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, in Barcelona 29 August 2017 • 11:39am

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/276976144-story
    Restaurant workers busted prepping food on ground
    By: David Sentendrey
    Posted: Aug 28 2017 09:58PM EDT
    Updated: Aug 29 2017 11:14PM EDT

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ktnlcg.jpg

bfBa1t.jpg

4Otd1l.jpg

Yh6Ctr.jpg

SaB5sg.jpg

cDX3Yu.jpg
  • RogerToo
    The croutons were delicious! Since I made them from sandwich bread that wasn't even really stale, maybe "day old' stale at most, they had a much softer crunch than most of the store bought croutons, but I swear that sometimes you could break a tooth on some of those store bought croutons! They are usually made from a much firmer bread, and probably baked much slower to get really good and dry, and I'll have to admit there are some really tasty ones out there. Just sometimes too hard, too crunchy.

But J LOVED the softer texture of my home made croutons, and he liked the flavor of my home made croutons, as did I. I found the softer texture quite nice myself, as it was still crispy, but without the jaw breaking crunch. This was the first time I've ever made croutons from sandwich bread but I think I'll do that all the time now, since they came out so well.
    Hi Ed
    I suspect that the store bought are made that dry to enhance their longevity on the shelf.
    I had a feeling they would be tasty, I did not think about the crunch factor :)

Heh
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 68 out there now with 90% chance of rain. Yesterday was not really RAIN, but more of a Drizzly Adams kind of day. We'll see what today brings.

Off to Dragon Con tonight, but we'll be back each day for a brief period, to take care of all the pets.
    Today looks like a nice day as was yesterday. Rain from the remnants of Harvey starting Saturday into Sunday Morning.

I'm not Familiar with Dragon Con. As happens the only type of Shows I have ever attended were computer shows in the 80s into the 90s.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi...I'm alive, and well...
    its been busy around here!!! And it looks like more tomorrow, and hopefully things will be peaceful by Friday!?! :)
    I've read the posts, didn't watch the food tests, laughed at the cartoons...etc. Will be a LONG post if I comment on them all!!
    I love home made croutons, and the extra benefit that wasn't mentioned was the SMELL SO DARNED GOOD while they're baking!!!!
    OH, and my mouse died this morning....so looks like I'll be buying gasoline for the car, mouse for the computer, and there's something on my list for Walmart....good grief I don't even remember that that something is. Glad its written down...
    I'm beat, and heading to bed
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I'm not surprised they would smell good baking, Bread in general smells so good baking.

I'm surprised that the mouse died, They are really durable overall.

I'm getting my CostCo list together as soon as I post this reply.

I hope You had a good shopping trip.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    A low fat diet could kill you? Oh, yeah! Bring on the buttered bacon!

I believe I would NEVER eat at that restaurant that was preparing the food outside...BLECH!
  • RogerToo
    A low fat diet could kill you? Oh, yeah! Bring on the buttered bacon!

I believe I would NEVER eat at that restaurant that was preparing the food outside...BLECH!
    Hi Again
    Buttered Bacon, I would have said Buttered Popcorn. OTOH in the past I have been known to melt a stick of Butter and drizzle it on a large batch of Popcorn. The kernels that got soaked in Butter were so tasty :)

Do we ever really know how the food is prepared at Diners and Restaurants.
    I do believe that the chains have to pass inspection by the Chain.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Howdy from downtown Atlanta, in the Aloft hotel! Cats have been left food and so have the sugar gliders, and we'll check on them tomorrow evening.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    New Mouse works great. Very touchy though. I'll have to learn to judge how much scroll on the mouse puts me 3 pages forward!! LOL...not quite that bad.
    Roger posted...
    Interesting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/29/low-fat-diet-linked-higher-death-rates-major-lancet-study-finds/
    Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows
    Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, in Barcelona 29 August 2017 • 11:39am

This is what one of my fav. Doc's had to say...in a bulletin I think yesterday. When I read it I wasn't sure what prompted him to write this.....then Roger I read your article. It all makes sense now!
    I copied this for you to read. I think if you go to his website you may find you like Dr. McDougall!! :)
    Breaking News: Why cutting the fat and loading up on carbs can lead to poor health.
    View this email in your browser
    Dr. McDougall's Health & Medical Center
    Yesterday's Headlines: “Why cutting the fat and loading up on carbs can lead to poor health.”

The Study: Associations of fats and carbohydrate intake with cardiovascular disease and mortality in 18 countries from five continents (PURE): a prospective cohort study. Lancet: Published online August 29, 2017.

This is a study comparing the health of people who eat junk foods in the US and Europe. Studies done before 1980 - when many populations ate high starch diets (rice, corn, potatoes, etc.) as the sources of carbohydrates (China, Peru, Rural Africa, Japan, etc.) there was no heart disease (obesity, type-2 diabetes, MS, RA, prostate, colon, or breast cancer, etc. in these populations - except among the few rich people living there) - now the source of carbohydrates studied is primarily refined grains and worse: cookies, candy, cakes, soda, etc.; popular in these two wealthy areas of the world - US and Europe; and many of the other counties that now eat as we do.

Moreover, in Asian countries over the past 35 years, the consumption of rice per capita has decreased, and the consumption of meat and dairy foods has more than doubled, as the wealth of people in this part of the world has increased. During this time period, the health of people in Asia has deteriorated, with increases in obesity, heart disease, and type-2 diabetes rising to epidemic proportions.

"Moreover, North American and European populations consume a lower carbohydrate diet than populations elsewhere where most people consume very high carbohydrate diets mainly from refined sources".

"Moreover, in our study most participants from low-income and middle-income countries consumed a very high carbohydrate diet (at least 60% of energy), especially from refined sources (such as white rice and white bread), which have been shown to be associated with increased risk of total mortality and cardiovascular events.42 "

BTW: Funding:
    “…unrestricted grants from several pharmaceutical companies (with major contributions from AstraZeneca [Canada], Sano -Aventis [France and Canada], Boehringer Ingelheim [Germany and Canada], Servier, and GlaxoSmithKline), and additional contributions from Novartis and King Pharma and from various national or local organisations in participating countries…”

John McDougall, MD
    drmcdougall.com

I'm tired, its 10pm, and I'm going to bed and sleep late tomorrow while I'm at it!! :)
    Did my shopping, bought gas, went to the gym, and more...yada yada....

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday in downtown Atlanta. 73 out there now with an expected high of 82 and 20% chance of rain. Going down now to to see what breakfast is available here.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 58 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking.

I headed out Yesterday to CostCo for Three 5.5 pound bags of Frozen vegetables, navel Oranges, Gala Apples, Paper Towels, a Protein shake and a package of the Precooked Bacon. The bacon will be used to enhance the taste of The NS hamburger, Chicken Sandwich and Shredded onto the NS Pizzas. I only need a 1/2 slice of the 45 calorie slice on the sandwiches :)

Interesting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/30/obese-toddlers-begin-showing-signs-heart-failure-age-one-study/
    Obese toddlers begin showing signs of heart failure by age of one, study finds
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, in Barcelona 30 August 2017 • 5:00pm

A Interesting Read
    http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Whole-Foods-versus-Trader-Joes-price-comparison-12161897.php
    With Whole Foods cutting prices, is Trader Joe's still cheaper?
    By Amy Graff, SFGATE Published 4:03 am, Thursday, August 31, 2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/30/construction-crew-unearths-triceratops-skull-colorado/615582001/
    Construction crew unearths triceratops skull in Colorado
    Sylte, KUSA-TV, Denver
    Published 9:02 a.m. ET Aug. 30, 2017 | Updated 4:22 p.m. ET Aug. 30, 2017

Have a Great Friday
    Roger