Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    Cramped Bluetooth keyboard? I had wondered how they docked and undocked. Does it charge when Docked?
    Also have You considered looking to see if You can find a Regular Sized Bluetooth keyboard. I used one in the past so I would think You could still find one.

Ah, Parade. I should look and see if we have one in town this Holiday Weekend. OTOH I do not see the usual barricades staged and ready to be used like I see for Memorial Day.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Oh, we have a full size Bluetooth keyboard, but that sort of kills some of the portability of the pad doesn't it?

I bought this keyboard when I had the iPad and I have a separate numeric keypad/calculator that plugs in to a USB port (and provides two additional ports) as well as a small Bluetooth mouse, all of which easily packs up into a fairly small space for traveling.

I also use the keypad with my MacBook Pro as it does not have that end of the full size keyboard, just like most laptops.

I have not yet purchased the keyboard that is made for the Surface 3, though I may. That keyboard attaches to the bottom of the pad and makes a cover as well, by folding over the glass when not in use, but does not charge the pad In fact, it needs its own separate charger for when the battery runs down, as does the keyboard I have. You can buy a docking station that DOES charge the pad, but I don't see a need for that myself. But I can see how others might need/want one. Perhaps at a later time I might consider one. And might buy the keyboard that is made for it.

I don't know if the docking station can also charge the keyboard but I guess if it has a USB port it could.

Hi Ed
    OK, I was not thinking about portability TBH :(
    I would have thought that a full size Keyboard included a numeric keypad. All the USB Numeric keypads I saw in the past were sold for use with Laptops.

Interesting that You feel no need for a Docking station. Not having looked into the Surface models does it charge via USB? If so i wonder if it would charge faster with the docking station. USB 2.0 ports for example are rated to be able to supply .5 Amps. From Here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0
    Power and charging

As with earlier versions of USB, USB 3.0 provides power at 5 volts nominal. The available current for low-power (one unit load) SuperSpeed devices is 150 mA, an increase from the 100 mA defined in USB 2.0. For high-power SuperSpeed devices, the limit is six unit loads or 900 mA (4.5 watts), almost twice USB 2.0's 500 mA. section 9.2.5.1 Power Budgeting

USB 3.0 ports may also implement other USB specifications for increased power, including the USB Battery Charging Specification for up to 1.5 A or 7.5 watts, or the USB Power Delivery specification for up to 100 watts.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,183 Member
    edited September 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 62 out there now with an expected high of 84 and 0% chance of rain. One thing that I very much dislike about my current Bluetooth keyboard is that the LOCK key is right above the backspace and it is easy to hit LOCK instead of backspace.

Fortunately, my tablet doesn't actually lock at that key and a swipe with my finger is enough to re-engage the screen, without putting my password or code back in.

The hotel doesn't do much in the way of breakfast of Sunday so I walked up to Corner Bakery Cafe for a light scramble with potatoes and rye toast, along with a "regular" size cup of hazelnut coffee.

I've been getting a banana as part of my breakfast but since I wasn't buying the hotel buffet this morning I wasn't about to pay hotel prices for a piece of fruit. Fortunately, I did remember last night to grab a couple of sugar free Powerade drinks to bring back to the hotel room so I'll have one of those in lieu of that banana. The potatoes will also provide additional potassium if I need more today.

Right now I am suffering the sweats from the potatoes and toast (and the hot coffee) even though the room is set at 68 degrees. So I am enjoying my cold Powerade from the refrigerator under the bathroom sink and wishing I had brought a fan with me.

Cats were fine last night though we though Kiara would never calm down! She was very excited to see us, even if just briefly. This is her first weekend with both of us gone for long periods of time, and not being there at night. Lilo doesn't LIKE it either but she has experienced it often enough that it's not such an enormous issue with her.

We'd have brought them with us if that were really feasible but no....

I may post a few Dragon Con pictures here or perhaps some other web site if I can find one that's free. I gave up Photo Bucket when they decided that one couldn't "share" links to view your pics from other sites without paying a fee. I said, "Fine. B-bye!" Seems to me that they could have just added more advertising links or something to make money. Oh well, plenty of other sites on the net.

I did post nearly a hundred pictures on FaceBook.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Our full size Bluetooth keyboard does have the numeric keypad built in, but as I don't carry that one for notebook use, I am not currently using it. J is using one of them, I think. We may have two. But he's using one for a desktop. I am pretty sure I have one that I could use with my iMac but it came with a wired keyboard that is fine.

I normally have the keypad attached to my MacBook Pro, which doesn't have a keypad built in.
  • parityanimal
    Stealing some of the funnies again! Especially the saddest picture in the whole world.

That brain blob looks like something right out of a horror movie. The Brain From The Lost Lagoon!
  • parityanimal
    These "portals" look like a neat idea.

https://www.sharedstudios.com/
  • RogerToo
    j1TJUP.jpg

3moUej.jpg

MLw6Ee.png
    Camelflage

qnXJBg.png

fy3lWH.jpg

fCpKKB.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking once again + 1 Cent found less than a block from the house on the return leg of the walk. The temperature this morning was 60 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch and back yard

I went to the Grocery Store Sunday, The bill came to $24.44 so I paid with a $20 bill, Two $2 bills, a Quarter, a Dime, A Nickel and 4 Pennies :)
    The Girl at the register looked at it, poked the $2 bills and said I don't think We can take those :) I said they are legal Currency, so she called and they came and looked and said of course we can take those.
    Young People :)

My Brother has had problems paying with $1 coins in the past also :)

Interesting Links:
    https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/meteorological-fall-chilly-temperatures-eastern-southern-us-september-2017
    First Week of Meteorological Fall is Living Up to Its Name as Chilly Temperatures Engulf Eastern, Southern U.S.
    By Brian Donegan Sept. 3, 2017

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/02/massachusetts-library-chuck-e-cheese-tokens/
    Fines can’t be paid with Chuck E. Cheese tokens, Massachusetts library reminds borrowers
    The library says the tokens are not legal tender and cannot be accepted
    By The Associated Press
    September 2, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Two Guys Noticed These Pipes Sticking Out Of The Ground , They Never Expected This To Be Underneath
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0w0OkUdVlM

Have a Great Labor Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    13 Scariest Abandoned Places In The World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr7zb3Bn_E
  • RogerToo
    100-Year-Old ‘Ghost Ship’ Found By Kayakers On The Ohio River
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq3wEXVAkMI
  • RogerToo
    Friends Hunting For WWII Artifacts Make A Truly Deadly Discovery
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQa5Byq8cPY
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 62 out there now with an expected high of 84 and 0% chance of rain. One thing that I very much dislike about my current Bluetooth keyboard is that the LOCK key is right above the backspace and it is easy to hit LOCK instead of backspace.

Fortunately, my tablet doesn't actually lock at that key and a swipe with my finger is enough to re-engage the screen, without putting my password or code back in.

The hotel doesn't do much in the way of breakfast of Sunday so I walked up to Corner Bakery Cafe for a light scramble with potatoes and rye toast, along with a "regular" size cup of hazelnut coffee.

I've been getting a banana as part of my breakfast but since I wasn't buying the hotel buffet this morning I wasn't about to pay hotel prices for a piece of fruit. Fortunately, I did remember last night to grab a couple of sugar free Powerade drinks to bring back to the hotel room so I'll have one of those in lieu of that banana. The potatoes will also provide additional potassium if I need more today.

Right now I am suffering the sweats from the potatoes and toast (and the hot coffee) even though the room is set at 68 degrees. So I am enjoying my cold Powerade from the refrigerator under the bathroom sink and wishing I had brought a fan with me.

Cats were fine last night though we though Kiara would never calm down! She was very excited to see us, even if just briefly. This is her first weekend with both of us gone for long periods of time, and not being there at night. Lilo doesn't LIKE it either but she has experienced it often enough that it's not such an enormous issue with her.

We'd have brought them with us if that were really feasible but no....

I may post a few Dragon Con pictures here or perhaps some other web site if I can find one that's free. I gave up Photo Bucket when they decided that one couldn't "share" links to view your pics from other sites without paying a fee. I said, "Fine. B-bye!" Seems to me that they could have just added more advertising links or something to make money. Oh well, plenty of other sites on the net.

I did post nearly a hundred pictures on FaceBook.
    Hi Ed
    That would be a nuisance if You did have to put in the password every time You hit that key. I hate having the Caps Lock key right above the Shift Key on this keyboard. I manage to hit it several times a day which means I end up backspacing and retyping :(

I do not blame You for not wanting to pay hotel prices for a Banana :) The Local 7-Eleven charges $1 for two Bananas and I think that is somewhat high, especially since I walk past a Grocery Store and Produce Store. Both of which were open this morning so I was able to buy 5 Greenish and two ripe Bananas. The Ripe ones are for Today and tomorrow. The uneaten ones are not residing in the refrigerator.

If I said my brother thinks I'm weird that Carbs make me sweat if I eat to many of them...
    That more or less means no Pies or Other Pastries during the Warm weather.

If You wanted You could attach images here using the Browse function of the image add function. I do so many I decided not to abuse it by doing that however and just pay the small monthly fee with ImageShack :)
    Our full size Bluetooth keyboard does have the numeric keypad built in, but as I don't carry that one for notebook use, I am not currently using it. J is using one of them, I think. We may have two. But he's using one for a desktop. I am pretty sure I have one that I could use with my iMac but it came with a wired keyboard that is fine.

I normally have the keypad attached to my MacBook Pro, which doesn't have a keypad built in.

I am too cheap overall to replace this keyboard despite the annoyance from the Shift key until it dies...
    Stealing some of the funnies again! Especially the saddest picture in the whole world.

That brain blob looks like something right out of a horror movie. The Brain From The Lost Lagoon!

Why not reuse them I sometimes reuse Your links by forwarding them to friends and family.

I liked the saddest picture too... The brain link was just weird.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. Back in Peachtree Corners. The cats were glad to see us! Friends from Pittsburgh, PA, came home with us and will be flying back to Pittsburgh tomorrow. Lilo was indifferent, as she's seen them before and no big deal. Kiara was excited, but then everything seems to excite her!

85 out there now, looking to a low of 66 tonight with 10% chance of rain.

Need to move a load of laundry to the dryer.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey! Home from the 'north' :) Sugar Hill that is...
    A beautiful beautiful day here today, cool morning, warm afternoon, Brisket in the smoker, (for the meat folks) grand kids around, Jenn's Mom and husband were there also, we sat outside and it was great. Nice dinner (I took my own with me LOL!) Poor Nate was worried about what would Grammie eat, none of the food was Vegan. So I showed him my red rice and chickpea with steamed kale, cabbage, cauliflower, and baby carrots and beets in the center...Grams was OK!!! :)

Hope you all have had a great weekend...I'm heading to the land of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod for a long nights sleep!
    Will read and catch up with the posts, etc tomorrow.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

65 out there with an expected high of 86 and 50% chance of rain.

Need to work on more laundry today and put some air into one tire.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Kids try frozen desserts from around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_97H7r7wmI
  • parityanimal