Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,183 Member
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking + 0 cents. There is rain with stormy weather in the forecast for this afternoon into Wednesday.

Interesting Links:
    http://nypost.com/2017/09/03/americans-work-harder-than-any-other-countrys-citizens-study/
    Americans work harder than any other country’s citizens: study
    By Gregory Bresiger September 3, 2017 | 1:37am

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/two-women-dragon-con-hit-chairs-thrown-from-hotel-balcony/uaZ5WPYuyiwROLdzZzvUgO/
    Two women at Dragon Con hit by chairs thrown from hotel balcony
    Ellen Eldridge The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    5:01 p.m Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 Atlanta News

https://www.indy100.com/article/scientists-discover-maximum-age-lifespan-human-research-science-115-7929206
    Scientists think they have discovered the maximum age a human can live to
    Posted Monday 4 September 2017 16:00 by Greg Evans

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Thanks

1Cf908.jpg

URuent.jpg

4TyY47.jpg

zQLzkz.jpg

RnkMdM.jpg

QGin0X.jpg
    Pass
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. Back in Peachtree Corners. The cats were glad to see us! Friends from Pittsburgh, PA, came home with us and will be flying back to Pittsburgh tomorrow. Lilo was indifferent, as she's seen them before and no big deal. Kiara was excited, but then everything seems to excite her!

85 out there now, looking to a low of 66 tonight with 10% chance of rain.

Need to move a load of laundry to the dryer.
    Hi Ed
    Welcome Home
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

65 out there with an expected high of 86 and 50% chance of rain.

Need to work on more laundry today and put some air into one tire.
    As I understood the forecast today is due to be warmer than Yesterday was as well as wetter.

I have a small Air Compressor in the trunk that runs off of 12 volts as a part a emergency kit that was sold by CostCo.
    Fried Green Tomatoes
    Fried Green Tomatoes is something we do not see on the menu around here.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! Home from the 'north' :) Sugar Hill that is...
    A beautiful beautiful day here today, cool morning, warm afternoon, Brisket in the smoker, (for the meat folks) grand kids around, Jenn's Mom and husband were there also, we sat outside and it was great. Nice dinner (I took my own with me LOL!) Poor Nate was worried about what would Grammie eat, none of the food was Vegan. So I showed him my red rice and chickpea with steamed kale, cabbage, cauliflower, and baby carrots and beets in the center...Grams was OK!!! :)

Hope you all have had a great weekend...I'm heading to the land of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod for a long nights sleep!
    Will read and catch up with the posts, etc tomorrow.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I wish we had a Smoker here. It would be the perfect way to finish the Home Made Pastrami that my brother likes to make and share with friends.

That's looking ahead bringing Your own food :)

The Weekend was Fine

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I think they mis-titled that one article. Americans, according to the article, work longer hours (or perhaps we should say are presumably AT WORK longer hours, whether actually working or just being paid to goof off...) but I didn't actually see anything in the article to support the idea that Americans work harder. :)

I hope they catch the chair throwers. I'm sure any convention has a few *KITTENS* attending, but these people could have killed someone!

I'm not at all sure I want to live to be 114. Maybe if they can guarantee a good quality of life.

I'll be plugging in my compressor to pump up the tire later on this morning, if it's not raining.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ok, not quite caught up, but close!!!
    Watched the 'hoe cakes' video...I may give those a try in my kitchen. The story behind the cakes makes sense, and heavens knows I love my corn. Hope it works with yellow corn :)
    Loved the video on Fried Green Tomatoes....Marietta always gets them when we go to Stone Mountain, and they have really good ones at Mary Mac's @ Ponce and Myrtle. He and I need to go to Mary Mac's...I'll come out sick from all the fat in the sides, but it may well be worth it. I may not live to be 115 either, but I'll be smiling none the less.
    Yesterday Jack had smoked a big brisket, and tried his best to get me to taste it....nope, but it did smell Delicious!!
    Roger I liked several of your cartoons...the cat's day that started out so well, before he woke up, and the Advice from a tree...that one could conceivably become my desk top screen!
    Just as a note...Ted got an air compressor I think at Home Depot...its cordless. And it really comes in handy for him, as he is in an apartment, and street parking...I wish I had one, not for the car, but for the wheel barrow, the hand cart, etc all needing occasional re-pressureing! So far, the car tires haven't demanded their change of temp 'two tablespoons' of air pressure. I'm sure that little sensor is a good thing...it just never comes on at a convenient time!!! :)

I've got to get moving..., really need to be at the gym. Only 3000 steps yesterday...not good.
    Things are slowly improving, and I don't want to give up now!!! I have also been doing the exercise for balance almost daily, and that too is getting better, and that really excites me! Balance is something I do not have, and its really important for this old person to improve it!

Ok,,,
    Maybe later???

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Oh...the ps'ssss
    Ed, The egg foo yung looks sooo good. I got that far and had to stop and fix my breakfast...no eggs, but granola, ground flax, cinnamon, a spot of maple syrup, almond milk, and RASPBERRIES....mmmmm. Thought of Roger picking them fresh from his back yard....

Roger I've been taking my own food about 95% of the time since my NS days. Especially when I was heating up the pizza for the littles. Saved me many a night! So, putting a bowl together made sense. If it hurts Jenn's feelings she's never mentioned it.

Jack's smoker is nice! He put the brisket in, on low at midnight (00:01) Sunday morning, and it came out at about 5 p.m. It was just done..not pink, not dry, etc. And as I mentioned it smelled just wonderfully delicious. (and at this point most meat does not smell good to me, not pork, beef, especially chicken,,,ick) Now keep in mind I used to eat all that and more...but surely don't miss it. :)

Ok....color me gone.....again
  • parityanimal
    Cats will do anything to get you to stop looking at other cats on the internet.

http://cheezburger.com/3288325/cats-will-do-anything-to-make-you-stop-looking-at-other-cats-on-the-internet
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 66 out there now with an expected high of only 74 and 40% chance of rain.

Pondering breakfast options now. The feline fiends can wait until their usual time.

• parityanimal
    5 ridiculous etiquette rules from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvuwH2b34Kk
  • parityanimal
    Irene Ryan with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8z-qTG-Yt4
  • parityanimal
    And a much younger Irene Ryan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsCIrtGidAY
  • parityanimal
    Moments you wouldn't believe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz6ndrtPlMI
  • parityanimal
    Breakfast ended up being 2 boiled eggs, pancakes, and some bacon.

Kiara approves of bacon.
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking + 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard. The rain with stormy weather in the forecast for Yesterday afternoon was late and it had only drizzled by 10PM. It started raining heavily shortly after I started walking and since I was only wearing my Rain Jacket everything below the bottom of it was soaked by the time I got home.

FWIW My brother filled up yesterday, The previous fill up time before the price was $2.29 and 9/10ths and Tuesday it was up to $ 2.79 and 9/10ths. A 50 cent rise at the same station in a couple of weeks. He generally fills up when the tank is down to a half tank. The F150 has the optional large tank :)

Interesting Link:
    I do not recommend doing that.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/04/silicon-valley-ceo-fasting-trend-diet-is-it-safe
    The Silicon Valley execs who don't eat for days: 'It's not dieting, it's biohacking'
    Olivia Solon in San Francisco, Monday 4 September 2017 04.00 EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/04/alibaba-launches-smile-to-pay-facial-recognition-system-at-kfc-china.html
    Alibaba launches ‘smile to pay’ facial recognition system at KFC in China
    Karen Gilchrist, Published 9:35 AM ET Mon, 4 Sept 2017

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/assault-dragon-con-victim-friend-took-photo-sent-cops/GUIdz1CZziUJ7EH5UeOYPP/
    Assault at Dragon Con: Victim’s friend took photo, sent it to cops
    Mike Morris The Atlanta Journal-Constitution,
    1:49 p.m Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015 Metro Atlanta / State news

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    VCTcgF.jpg

sfbSmW.jpg

YBkJ88.jpg

tS2elH.jpg

Dw6jFU.jpg

QP6ZJ4.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I think they mis-titled that one article. Americans, according to the article, work longer hours (or perhaps we should say are presumably AT WORK longer hours, whether actually working or just being paid to goof off...) but I didn't actually see anything in the article to support the idea that Americans work harder. :)

I hope they catch the chair throwers. I'm sure any convention has a few *KITTENS* attending, but these people could have killed someone!

I'm not at all sure I want to live to be 114. Maybe if they can guarantee a good quality of life.

I'll be plugging in my compressor to pump up the tire later on this morning, if it's not raining.
    Hi Ed
    Sadly the Moronic Chair Throwers were not the only problem as You will see from one of the links I posted.

I also would not be happy paying for anything that needs facial recognition and more than I have any desire to travel on roads where You need a Easy Pass to pay or as a option they scan Your plate and send a bill with what I suspect will have a service charge added :(

OK, I see You have a AC powered compressor, Can I ask what size tank and what it draws from the outlet.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 66 out there now with an expected high of only 74 and 40% chance of rain.

Pondering breakfast options now. The feline fiends can wait until their usual time.
    Breakfast ended up being 2 boiled eggs, pancakes, and some bacon.

Kiara approves of bacon.

If I said our Chance of rain has already proven to be 100%.

That does sound like a tasty breakfast.

I have been making a Ham & Swiss Sandwich that has Miracle Whip as the spread. So it ends up as 95 calories protein, 80 calories of 647 Bread and slices of really a tasty Home Grown Ripe Tomato :)

Cheers
    Roger