Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 62 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch and back yard with low humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

My Brother had a interesting point regarding mowing the Lawn :)
    He will be out of the driveway tomorrow which will make it easier to use the driveway to turn around so, no mowing today.

Interesting Links:
    http://katv.com/news/offbeat/how-to-spot-a-gas-station-skimmer
    How to spot a gas pump skimmer
    by Brian Pia, Investigative Reporter

http://nypost.com/2017/08/24/pilot-freaks-out-passengers-with-horrific-tornado-warning/
    Pilot freaks out passengers with ‘horrific’ tornado warning
    By Yaron Steinbuch August 24, 2017 | 2:14pm Updated

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning TGIF!!!
    Up and about earlier than my brain would like me to be roaming around in the garden! Watering. 30 min. in 4 areas. Which will pretty much take care of the front, and the rest will have to wait til Sunday, or til this evening if I think about it. (I don't like evening watering with the sprayer wand, cuz the plants stay wet all night, and tend to grow powdery mildew and or black spot)
    Dishwasher needs to finish being unloaded. Too tired to finish it last night. It was a long day!
    I think the entire day will be 'finish up' kinda day. Sweeper, dust, etc. Outside do the trimming that I didn't do yesterday, pull a few weeds, and of course the watering which is under way.

Enjoy your weekend!
    I have nothing planned, and I think I kinda like that.
    (Roger I haven't forgotten the pictures you asked for...I may get that on my 'finish up' list too!)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I look at it as watering in the evening is no worse than a late afternoon rain :)

I plan to enjoy the weekend :)
    Pix Snipped :)

There Roger, I think I got it!! Note that the shape is crescent, which was the stage of totality at that moment. It was kinda funny with my two boys...I saw it and didn't understand exactly what I was seeing, just knew it was "different" than usual...then I got a picture text from Ted in ATL, no explanation, so I called him and said "WHAT is that...happening here too?" And when I talked to Jack on Wednesday that was one of the first things he said...did you see.....bla blah, blah... :)
    Ok, gotta run...6 more watering minutes...
    Valerie

Yup, You got it, Weird.
    In the pictures they sort of look like bubbles with white crescents..

Enjoy Your Weekend Off
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the interesting looking link, I will be visiting it shortly when I have my Bowl of Cheerios :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Saturday Morning!
    I'm sure there are things I will do today...right now, slowly sipping very hot coffee and awaiting inspiration!!
    The 'funny' about the kid, the teacher, and chicken is hilarious...even when you're only half awake! Thanks Roger!

Made it to the gym yesterday. More for social experience that for actual 'work'...saw several folks I knew and chatted with, (also did what was necessary on the TM.)
    I may or I may not repeat that particular 'exercise' today, just to get out of the house. :)

It is overcast right now...and the humidity is like 85%. Meaning I should take my aching bones outside and sit in mother natures sauna!? I"ll check that out with Tom E. over breakfast.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 71 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 20% chance of showers.

Still working on my breakfast too, though I've been up for a while. Still had just a little tinkering to do with my new (refurbished) Microsoft Surface 3 pad. This is the first true Microsoft product I have used in a while but the price was really good so I went for it. If I decide Windows Home 10 is just too much trouble to deal with, then I'll work out how to put Ubuntu on it or Android.

I liked the iPad I used for a while but frankly they are just awfully expensive for the functionality...at the time I got it the price was right too, but then J needed an iPad for the treasury duties he was doing for a couple of years for the orchid society so I donated it to that purpose and started using an Android pad instead, which eventually, over the long run, started having difficulties after I replaced the battery.

Actually I have another small Android pad but it's very slow and always running out of room so I don't use it for much. It was "free" from Verizon with purchase of a phone and came with its own data plan. I got them to merge its data into the shared data for the family, so we get that extra gigabyte anyway.

So far this slightly outdated, refurbished Surface 3 seems pretty nifty. And I'm glad I have sort of kept up with Windows by keeping an updated virtual machine sandbox for it installed on my iMac. Made the transition back to windows on a pad much easier, since I'm still familiar with how Windows works. I'm not as good about keeping the sandbox updated as I should be, but it is updating right now, and since I already had a Microsoft account, it grabbed my background and some other settings right out of the account and popped them onto my pad so I didn't have to do all of that manually.

The pad is running Windows 10 Home and the sandbox is running Windows 10 Pro, and I'm one of the "insiders" who started using it early to work out bugs and issues for them so I get the Insider Preview versions.

I suspect the Pro version would not have the resources it needs on the pad.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    I liked that one myself, enough to use it even it it could have been scanned better.
    The first Sips of the Coffee I picked up walking were so delicious and welcome :)
    Well, We have better weather here, thankfully. Low Humidity and a forecast high in the 70s. I will be working on my other computer later on, I want to load a bunch of MP3s into iTunes on it and see if it takes them all. Sometimes I have to work on them as it can be a bit picky.

85% Humidity is not Joy even just sitting there.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 71 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 20% chance of showers.

Still working on my breakfast too, though I've been up for a while. Still had just a little tinkering to do with my new (refurbished) Microsoft Surface 3 pad. This is the first true Microsoft product I have used in a while but the price was really good so I went for it. If I decide Windows Home 10 is just too much trouble to deal with, then I'll work out how to put Ubuntu on it or Android.
    Hi Ed
    I had thought about a Surface in the past, however I already have two Decent Laptops that have SSDs for hard drives and to recoup that investment I would have to secure wipe them and then reload them. The Secure Wipe is not that hard as there is a function for it built into the SSD utilities. The Reload and then updates OTOH would be a pain as it would be time consuming.

I have not had problems with the Free upgrades to Windows 10 on this computer that went from Windows 8 to Windows 10 or on the basement computer that went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All software still works on it even old software I bought for XP. OTOH Windows 3.x stuff will not even install. I gave it a try from curiousity using a copy of Microsoft Office Version 1.0
    I liked the iPad I used for a while but frankly they are just awfully expensive for the functionality...at the time I got it the price was right too, but then J needed an iPad for the treasury duties he was doing for a couple of years for the orchid society so I donated it to that purpose and started using an Android pad instead, which eventually, over the long run, started having difficulties after I replaced the battery.

Actually I have another small Android pad but it's very slow and always running out of room so I don't use it for much. It was "free" from Verizon with purchase of a phone and came with its own data plan. I got them to merge its data into the shared data for the family, so we get that extra gigabyte anyway.

So far this slightly outdated, refurbished Surface 3 seems pretty nifty. And I'm glad I have sort of kept up with Windows by keeping an updated virtual machine sandbox for it installed on my iMac. Made the transition back to windows on a pad much easier, since I'm still familiar with how Windows works. I'm not as good about keeping the sandbox updated as I should be, but it is updating right now, and since I already had a Microsoft account, it grabbed my background and some other settings right out of the account and popped them onto my pad so I didn't have to do all of that manually.

The pad is running Windows 10 Home and the sandbox is running Windows 10 Pro, and I'm one of the "insiders" who started using it early to work out bugs and issues for them so I get the Insider Preview versions.

I suspect the Pro version would not have the resources it needs on the pad.
    If I said I worry about Google and privacy issues with Android Devices and Their Browser, Chrome.

I Did not have that experience between computers, OTOH I do not have a MS Account :)

I'm glad it worked out so easy for You.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Interesting Links:

http://nypost.com/2017/08/24/pilot-freaks-out-passengers-with-horrific-tornado-warning/

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

That pilot sounds like a doofus who should get some PR counseling or perhaps find another job!

When I was working at Kroger, in the fuel center, the person who opened had a checklist of items to perform every morning. One of the first things was to physically check each credit card device and each pump for any signs of tampering, like anything added externally, or signs the door had been tampered with, like scratches or drilled holes, or the like, and if seen, then that pump was to be marked as Out of Order until the maintenance technicians could drive over to check it out.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all from my new tablet. It's scintillating Sunday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0 percent chance of rain. Not a lot on the agenda today. Hopefully a nap.
  • RogerToo
    uQZaZ0.jpg
    Two unused AKA Never fired shells.

Gsh86K.jpg

8RvfHp.jpg

Hnm1QK.jpg

cc6xyX.jpg

U3fRas.jpg
    There I fixed It
  • RogerToo

08/26/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 59 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch and back yard with low humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.
    I stopped for Two Scrambled Eggs with Today's choice by me of Rye Toast and a few of the really crispy Home Fries and I broke down and used a package of Strawberry Preserves and a Grape Jam between the Two slices of Rye Toast lightly spread for the taste.

My Brother had a interesting point regarding mowing the Lawn :)
    He will be out of the driveway today which will make it easier to use the driveway to turn around so, I will be mowing today when he goes to the Grocery Store. I expect it will be nice and cool even at 10 or 11AM.

Interesting Links:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/mayor-tells-evacuating-hurricane-harvey-put-social-security/story?id=49417573
    Mayor tells those not evacuating for hurricane to put Social Security numbers on arms
    By Meghan Keneally Aug 25, 2017, 1:58 PM ET

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Post-flooding-beware-of-Houston-s-annoying-7257898.php
    Post-flood reminder: Beware of Houston's annoying, slightly dangerous wildlife
    By Craig Hlavaty, Chron.com / Houston Chronicle Updated 4:29 pm, Friday, August 25, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4823890/Anxious-gut-bacteria-blame.html
    Anxious? Your gut bacteria may be to blame: Study shows clear link between genes that regulate emotions and microbiota in the intestines
    A study clearly shows that bacteria in the gut can play a major role in anxiety
    Scientists discovered that certain gene regulators play a key role in anxiety-type illness and are impacted by bacteria levels in the gut
    This new research comes at a time of growing interest in how gut health impacts mental health
    By Abigail Miller For Dailymail.com Published: 13:36 EDT, 25 August 2017 | Updated: 09:34 EDT, 26 August 2017

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Interesting Links:

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

That pilot sounds like a doofus who should get some PR counseling or perhaps find another job!

When I was working at Kroger, in the fuel center, the person who opened had a checklist of items to perform every morning. One of the first things was to physically check each credit card device and each pump for any signs of tampering, like anything added externally, or signs the door had been tampered with, like scratches or drilled holes, or the like, and if seen, then that pump was to be marked as Out of Order until the maintenance technicians could drive over to check it out.
    Hi Ed
    I agree that the Pilot needs to learn people skills or was having a really, really bad day :)

That is a sound policy that should be implemented at every Gas Station nationally. It could help slow down skimming.
    Howdy y'all from my new tablet. It's scintillating Sunday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0 percent chance of rain. Not a lot on the agenda today. Hopefully a nap.

Today's High is forecast to be in the 70s and I expect it may be all of 70 when I go out to mow later :)

No chance of rain for a couple of days. The Cherry Tomatoes are in high production mode along with the Zukes and Peppers. We have been handing them off to friends to keep them from being wasted. Usually a Pint container of the cherry tomatoes at a time along with a couple of Zukes and 5 or 6 of the Green Mild Chili Peppers. The Onion Sets that were planted in June have finished growing and the tops on most of them have died down. The Carrots are ready to eat so We can pull them as needed. Some of the Corn has ears of corn growing on them. Hopefully the Four Legged critters do not get to them before They mature and I get them picked.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    I've been up since early 8 a.m. Got sidelined, blindsided, delayed???? by this thing called email, and related links to Internet....aiyeeee!!
    I've also done a load of laundry, fed and played with 'the' cat, had breakfast (I peeled a banana). And had coffee and now some green tea...
    Sorry excuses for spending my morning sitting on my tush!
    Ed...new tablet!! FUN!!!
    Roger...garden sounds good! I'm thinking about growing some fall carrots, maybe. :)

Read an interesting article on Angel Food Cake...history, and they how's and why's...My Mom made the very best Angel Food Cake. And that somehow morphed into an article about Breakfast, and its history and of course it being a Food 52 link, recipe's....
    Which reminds me, I need to put some lentils in the IP, and then some rice....today they will be separate...

Door Bell....was Amazon delivery by USPS of my Nutritional Yeast.

Cat taking advantage of back door being open (screen door to keep the bugs out of course), and he sat on the fence crying to come in....so...feeding Tom E and getting my self MOVING.

Beautiful morning! Not too humid, it was 70 when I got up...about 77 now with a breeze...I think I'm going outside!!

Later
    Just know I started this at 11:15.....LOL!!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok..I just let Tom E out...I'd cleaned his water bowl, and refilled it while he was eating...and he's done it AGAIN.... Ed,??? He puts ONE, and only one piece of kibble in his water bowl...WHY???
    This is a daily game...is there a cat reason for doing that?
    Making me crazy!!!!! Will end the post, and once again get a new bowl of kibble-less water.
  • parityanimal
    I suspect that the one piece of kibble is stuck in his mouth, maybe between teeth, and then falls out while he's getting his water. We have always had a problem with cats leaving bits of kibble in the water, especially if the water bowl is too close to the food bowl.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok...I thought it might have something to do with the water bowl being stainless steel, and he might do that to judge where the water level was....like so he doesn't stick his whole face in the bowl right after I've cleaned and filled it.
    The water bowl is about 4-5 inches from the kibble bowl, so that might indeed be the answer.

Ok, eating my dinner...I did make it to the gym, and got my work out in. And some dude next to me was running and running, and gasping and coughing, and running. I was busy trying to remember what to call the thing to defib a heart, you may have 2 feet, or hands, or ears and eyes, but man you've only got ONE heart Pushing yourself is one thing but over stressing your heart is not cool!!!...and then he sees me as he was getting his water bottle filled, and offered to help me get more out of my workout. Oh, noooooo! Thankful for bum
    Tibial Tendon, ankle brace, etc> LOL!

Ok, I've got the dishwasher going, the clothes from this morning are folded, hung, etc. and put away. Only 'leftovers' for morning is cleaning 2 bathrooms. Easy Peasy.
    See you then!!!

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 83 and 0% chance of rain.

I've been fed, but the felines won't be fed for about an hour or so. Maybe 3/4 of an hour. We'll see. I got up early on my own this morning but that still doesn't mean they need to get any ideas about having their food out early.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    iki708w3qwwf.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again + 1 Cent, The temperature this morning was 59 on the news channel and 58 degrees on the front porch and back yard with even lower humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.
    Interesting Links:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/more-seniors-are-taking-loans-against-their-homes--and-its-costing-them/2017/08/25/5f154072-883a-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html?utm_term=.49a321091f13
    More seniors are taking loans against their homes — and it’s costing them
    By Jenifer McKim August 25

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/26/skinny-patients-far-likely-die-common-heart-treatments/
    Skinny patients far more likely die after common heart treatments
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, Barcelona 26 August 2017 • 6:00pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-26/congress-quietly-passed-bill-allowing-warrantless-searches-homes-only-1-opposed-it
    Congress Quietly Passed A Bill Allowing Warrantless Searches of Homes - Only 1% Opposed It
    by Tyler Durden Aug 27, 2017 8:39 AM

Have a Great Monday
    Roger