Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    rRVvqv.jpg

0NRjpj.jpg

DmrT29.jpg

HkWMZe.jpg

YOaw7g.jpg

fw9tgH.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch and back yard lowered humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 74 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of rain.

The felines have been fed and I've eaten. The dishwasher is running. I have all of yesterday's laundry to fold. Some is piled on top of the machines and the rest is still in the dryer, which will need a refreshing run as that bit includes the few hangable items.

I've finished my morning Powerade and am starting now on my first cup of tea. Maybe after my second cup (or while drinking it?) I'll actually get started on folding the laundry...feeling not quite with it yet.
    Hi Ed
    Yesterday I did get laundry done, I stripped the bed and put clean bedding on it and then washed it with whatever other colored items were needing to be washed. I got everything folded and put away while it was still warm from the dryer.
    Well, laundry that was done got all folded and then Kiara helped me to strip and re-make the bed so I could launder those items...which ALWAYS seem to get unbalanced in the washer, so what's the bloody point of having a setting for "bulky bedclothes" anyway if it will still get unbalanced???

At any rate, I re-balanced them and they did finish without walking the washer too far, though I did have to push it back into place before re-balancing. Fortunately it is VERY NOISY when it is unbalanced and I usually get to it right away. I've learned that I have to stay awake and near the laundry room whenever washing bulky bedclothes as I generally have to redistribute the items at least once during the process.

The bedclothes are now in the dryer, where I have redistributed them once, to make sure they aren't balling up as they tend to do in there. It also has a "bulky bedclothes" setting but as it only has one way of turning I don't really see a point to that one either, as they will tend to ball/roll up regardless, but whatever...
    Strange, Ours does not have a setting like that. OTOH I do wash enough with the bedding that it seems to stay balanced. I have not seen this washer vibrate. Maybe it has a better vibration suppression system than the old washing machine. it was not a expensive washer but it is high capacity and it appears that the washing action has the agitator going up and down rather that rotating back and forth like the old one did.
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I've eaten, but just a steak biscuit. Might add some bacon or yogurt, with a spoonful of fruit juice sweetened blueberry preserves, later in the morning.

I don't see anything critical on the agenda for today. Maybe I can have a totally lazy day. The older I get the more I enjoy such days.

Lilo is in my lap and Kiara is to the left of my monitor, both waiting patiently(?) for me to get going on their breakfast. But they must learn that getting me up early does not guarantee an early breakfast. As long as Lilo is happy in my lap, I'll be glad to wait.

Come to think of it, I guess there IS one critical thing on my agenda. Feed the cats!

Oh, and get some lamb stew going in a smallish slow cooker, I guess too. I ate all the lamb shoulder steak and green beans, but there was about half the gravy left. J had the rest of the mashed potatoes, made into potato cakes, with some scrambled eggs for his dinner.

Since I had that lovely gravy left over, I dug around in the freezer to find that package of cut up lamb for stew and set it up to thaw. I'll add the gravy, a potato and maybe some carrots and an onion, and possibly a little tomato paste, to see what kind of stew I can make from that.
    Lazy is good.

Have a enjoyable day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    I've been out of bed long enough to brew a cup of coffee, move the 'glow in the dark' ping pong balls to a suitable storage place, and take the one little (1 cup size) container of moo juice to the front room. (I keep one on hand for Antonio when he's here fixing something...for his coffee).
    Next up is feed the cat and then feed me. Today's breakfast is going to be cereal with berries, ground flax, and whatever nut milk is open in the refrigerator. (I've already eaten my banana.)

Lunch is going to be the fun? meal....I have left over greens, kale and spinach with their sautéd onion and garlic and half a baked potato...so, the idea follows along the lines of "I can make soup out of anything"...VitaMix the greens and the potato...then add the beans and red rice to a bowl, putting my soup on top of it....should be filling if nothing else!! :)
    Hi Valerie
    Just curious what You pay for the small 1 cup size moo juice? I pay $1 for a quart of UHT milk at the local Dollar Tree store. It is good for 10 months usually and does not even need to be refrigerated until opening :)
    If You are paying that much for perishable milk ? The Dollar Tree milk is usually available in 1%, 2% or Whole Milk.

A nice thick Potato Soup sounds Delish :)
    :(....I looked for a bottle of Vitamin C while at Kroger yesterday....they had plenty of them...all sporting 1,000 mg each. That's some serious overload!!!! Will check out Publix when I stop in there later for my WINNING PowerBall ticket!!!! :) yep..I've decided...Today's the Day!!! LOL!! Oh, were it only that simple, right?

I keep looking at that driveway and your comment Roger about not getting a car out of that garage...I think you'd only have to do it once. Maybe its the angle of the photo, but the intersect of driveway and sidewalk seems to be a bit much! I think your car would drag and maybe even hang up. And then I thought about that little piece of real estate between the two houses. That's too steep a bank to grow most grasses...it might be the one place on earth that English Ivy would be a 'good thing'...LOL!!

Ok, breakfast for me and a cat, get my gym clothes on, and boogie outta here...

Later...
    I suspect You scrape the nose and back of the car pulling onto the driveway and bottom out the center section going into the garage. That is one place where a street level garage running through a cut in the embankment and sitting under the first floor would make a lot of sense.

If I said being frugal I have been buying my vitamins and minerals in bulk at CostCo... Alright, Being a Cheapskate :)

Ha! I looked at my Powerball ticket or should I say Losing PowerBall ticket this morning :(

Good Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    Whoa! This is an interesting video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRO-wIALaI
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Sleepy head slept til a bit after 8a.m., and has started the dishwasher, but not much else.
    Roger I agree...street level garage. In my cul de sac, 2 houses away is one of 'those' driveways. Trucks and some cars, scrape, and one unfortunate U-Hall got stuck and needed assistance to get out of the predicament! I have a flat driveway :) I learned from my house in TN. It was below grade...so in bad weather I could get into my driveway but if it was slick, couldn't get out again. (sometimes that was a blessing)

The baby quail story is quite cute, and really unexpected...quail eggs are apparently not subject to the same regulations that those poor battery raised hens are. The cup of 'quail baby food' looked a lot like what I fed 'Cheeper' the baby sparrow I 'raised' for the neighborhood kids one year. The highlight for the summer in the evenings if you sat outside on the deck, sometimes Cheeper would fly in and sit on the gutter to chat with you!!! Would not come 'sit on your shoulder kinda visit' but he's sure sit up on that gutter and sing and chat.

Washer unbalance. I think the real key is a mixed load of various size pieces. My old Maytag is a big load washer, (you can vary load size), and it does get unbalanced once in awhile, but not often. Those danged sheets in the dryer...there's no hope. They just ball up! and encase anything they can...little devils!

Somehow my kids 'missed' a lot of Captain it seem, as I surely don't recall that song...,

and as for the 'lie' about cheese being mold...well, its more like a stretch of the truth...right? thinking brie and blue, etc. Good mold as I recall! Its been awhile ya know!

Needless to say, my PowerBall ticket didn't win...Somebody or bodies in MA are still up doing the happy dance for sure!!

Ok, I'm going to eat a banana, feed Tom E. and go cut the grass while the temperature is bearable.
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Sleepy head slept til a bit after 8a.m., and has started the dishwasher, but not much else.
    Roger I agree...street level garage. In my cul de sac, 2 houses away is one of 'those' driveways. Trucks and some cars, scrape, and one unfortunate U-Hall got stuck and needed assistance to get out of the predicament! I have a flat driveway :) I learned from my house in TN. It was below grade...so in bad weather I could get into my driveway but if it was slick, couldn't get out again. (sometimes that was a blessing)

The baby quail story is quite cute, and really unexpected...quail eggs are apparently not subject to the same regulations that those poor battery raised hens are. The cup of 'quail baby food' looked a lot like what I fed 'Cheeper' the baby sparrow I 'raised' for the neighborhood kids one year. The highlight for the summer in the evenings if you sat outside on the deck, sometimes Cheeper would fly in and sit on the gutter to chat with you!!! Would not come 'sit on your shoulder kinda visit' but he's sure sit up on that gutter and sing and chat.
    Hi Valerie
    Sadly I suspect someone will buy that headache house. About the only car I could see maybe working on that driveway is either one that has oversized tires and that one likely would not make it into the garage due to the height of it.

I believe You can even buy Quail Eggs for cooking. I doubt that You could ship one that is hatchable due to the need to keep it warm and unbroken. At least on a individual basis.
    Washer unbalance. I think the real key is a mixed load of various size pieces. My old Maytag is a big load washer, (you can vary load size), and it does get unbalanced once in awhile, but not often. Those danged sheets in the dryer...there's no hope. They just ball up! and encase anything they can...little devils!

Somehow my kids 'missed' a lot of Captain it seem, as I surely don't recall that song...,

and as for the 'lie' about cheese being mold...well, its more like a stretch of the truth...right? thinking brie and blue, etc. Good mold as I recall! Its been awhile ya know!

Needless to say, my PowerBall ticket didn't win...Somebody or bodies in MA are still up doing the happy dance for sure!!

Ok, I'm going to eat a banana, feed Tom E. and go cut the grass while the temperature is bearable.
    Later...

Come to think of it the Fitted Sheet did ball up around the flat sheet :)

Good Mold vs bad mold. I would not call cheese itself a mold, It can grow mold which seems like Prima Facie evidence that cheese is not mold.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prima_facie

Blue Cheese I eat if it is on a salad, I would not go buy it OTOH. Feta is also tasty on a salad IMO :)

I'm sorry to hear that none of won :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    No, I didn't even win one of the ONE MILLION that were here in GA. (there were two of those tickets... Oh, well...it was a fun gamble. $2 didn't break my bank :)

Lawn cut, garage swept out, driveway blown clean of a few early dropping leaves and a bunch of tiny twigs...Looks nice. I did not trim, will save that for another day, as it was 83 degrees and I was 'done'!!

Cool off while I watch Dr. McDougall's hour long Q&A this week, and then I'll head for the gym and home for a quick shower, and off to see my teen and tween!! They are going to Chic Fil a after, and I may go along. Or not. I can eat their salads, they're really good about holding the meat or cheese that's on them, and the fruit cup is good as well.

OK, time for lunch and listening to Dr. McDougall...
    Later...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 0% chance of rain.

Need to go see the vampires a little later and will likely stop at the store on the way back from there.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Irish people try American breakfast cereal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MRp3yCFb-A
  • RogerToo
    nddyep.jpg

1iEXT8.jpg

huRQQX.jpg

sdzTri.jpg

oKcsKi.jpg

2lvuvW.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 62 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch and back yard lowered humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

My NS order processed last night, When I eat tonight's NS frozen Dinner Entree that will be the last of the boxed meals leaving a couple of Stuffed NS Chicken Dinners

Interesting Links:
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/844896/Dementia-news-good-night-sleep-disease-research
    Dementia news: Could good night's sleep be key to beating disease?
    A GOOD night's sleep could be the key to beating dementia, according to new research.
    21:00, Wed, Aug 23, 2017 | UPDATED: 07:16, Thu, Aug 24, 2017

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/media/espn-robert-lee-uva-game/index.html
    Robert Lee: ESPN under fire for taking announcer off UVA game
    by Brian Stelter @brianstelter August 23, 2017: 10:11 AM ET
    By trying to avoid an embarrassing ordeal, ESPN has embarrassed itself.

On Tuesday night, the network confirmed that its management moved an Asian-American announcer, Robert Lee, off the University of Virginia's home opener football game "simply because of the coincidence of his name."

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    No, I didn't even win one of the ONE MILLION that were here in GA. (there were two of those tickets... Oh, well...it was a fun gamble. $2 didn't break my bank :)

Lawn cut, garage swept out, driveway blown clean of a few early dropping leaves and a bunch of tiny twigs...Looks nice. I did not trim, will save that for another day, as it was 83 degrees and I was 'done'!!

Cool off while I watch Dr. McDougall's hour long Q&A this week, and then I'll head for the gym and home for a quick shower, and off to see my teen and tween!! They are going to Chic Fil a after, and I may go along. Or not. I can eat their salads, they're really good about holding the meat or cheese that's on them, and the fruit cup is good as well.

OK, time for lunch and listening to Dr. McDougall...
    Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Better Luck next Time.

That sounds like a nice way to spend the day :)

Enjoy
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 0% chance of rain.

Need to go see the vampires a little later and will likely stop at the store on the way back from there.
    Hi Ed
    It is a nice day outside and the closest chance in the forecast is a 40% for Tuesday. I may Mow the lawn today or tomorrow, I have not decided yet.

I hate visiting to the Vampires. Hopefully You have a successful visit to the store and come home with money left.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning TGIF!!!
    Up and about earlier than my brain would like me to be roaming around in the garden! Watering. 30 min. in 4 areas. Which will pretty much take care of the front, and the rest will have to wait til Sunday, or til this evening if I think about it. (I don't like evening watering with the sprayer wand, cuz the plants stay wet all night, and tend to grow powdery mildew and or black spot)
    Dishwasher needs to finish being unloaded. Too tired to finish it last night. It was a long day!
    I think the entire day will be 'finish up' kinda day. Sweeper, dust, etc. Outside do the trimming that I didn't do yesterday, pull a few weeds, and of course the watering which is under way.

Enjoy your weekend!
    I have nothing planned, and I think I kinda like that.
    (Roger I haven't forgotten the pictures you asked for...I may get that on my 'finish up' list too!)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    akjrfa47nssu.jpg
    cv65gjbyqxrg.jpg
    sqeftxqxgckx.jpg

There Roger, I think I got it!! Note that the shape is crescent, which was the stage of totality at that moment. It was kinda funny with my two boys...I saw it and didn't understand exactly what I was seeing, just knew it was "different" than usual...then I got a picture text from Ted in ATL, no explanation, so I called him and said "WHAT is that...happening here too?" And when I talked to Jack on Wednesday that was one of the first things he said...did you see.....bla blah, blah... :)
    Ok, gotta run...6 more watering minutes...
    Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    I don't remember most of those...wonder when they were on TV?? Some of them were hilarious too!!! Thanks Ed.
  • RogerToo
    AjSuNY.jpg

QXuoxz.jpg

N5gdAH.jpg

ZRamoW.jpg

pyB3tc.jpg

PkVZZP.jpg