Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    Movie mistakes only nerds would notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-derPwXyY
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Roger I'm glad you went to see a Doctor. Hopefully the antibiotic will help you, if not, like in 3 days, you need to go back/or call back for a different antibiotic....glad the strep test was negative.
    Ed...I hate forgetting that ONE item, and its always something necessary! I went to Whole Foods on Wednesday and they didn't have my hot bar stuff...so, just for fun went the next day (yesterday) and they had what I'd wanted the day before. :) I wish they had a set schedule for entrees...
    Yesterday was gym, Aldi's, and that return trip to WF. Today will be gym, bank, and ????? :)
    With kitchen chores, laundry, floors tucked in here and there as time allows.

I need to get dressed and retrieve the curb side trash bins. I looked when got up at 8, but the trash hadn't been collected yet...at 8 I could have put a robe over my night gown and gone to the curb...probably not at 10.

Later...
    (later I will go back and enjoy the cat pix and other posts.... I did of course see the cat having a bad day after waking up....thats me in the mornings...having a great day until i STAND UP. Thats when my reality strikes.) LOL!!
  • parityanimal
    8 worst ripoffs of Dreamworks films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Nvtfm44cQ
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's dinner:

Salad (salad mix bought the other day at Aldi) with Zesty Italian dressing (also bought at Aldi) and a few croutons (Aldi) and tri-color tortilla strips (Aldi)
    Red Beans and Rice (mix in a box, bought at Aldi)

A small glass of red wine. (Not Aldi - wine from my wine club that claims not to be a club)

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I've been up for a couple of hours but distracted by feeding me, feeding the cats, clearing the sink, getting the enormous pan of beans into the oven.

Yes, it's another pool party day so the beans are baking now.

68 degrees out there now with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of rain. Should be a good day for a pool party. I don't actually get in the pool much, because I'm so pale I burn in 10 to 15 minutes. Taking a BP med that makes me even MORE sensitive to the sunlight doesn't help either. But I sit around a lot on the front downstairs (shaded) deck, and leave the pool that is upstairs, higher up the hill, in the back/side yard, mostly to the ones who can take the sun. I do get in later in the day for a bit, when part of it is finally shaded but still have to watch out for reflected sunlight from the rest. So 10 to 15 minutes then.

The downstairs deck has ceiling fans and is usually a bit cooler feeling. I sit in a rocker, talk to EVERYONE as they come in, and usually help some with the delivery of burgers and dogs from the grill to the serving area, which is inside where it's nice and cool. And get up to stroll around periodically.

Then when the party is winding down, J and I pack up our little bit of stuff and head home to see our cats, sometimes stopping on the way to get him some food as he usually just snacks a little bit at the party, not really knowing on most dishes whether they are vegetarian or not or even who to ask as we don't know who brought what. He might eat some deviled eggs if they are there. We know who brings those, or store made potato salad, if any is there. And maybe a spoonful of my baked beans, and possibly dessert if there is some kind of chocolate thing that looks just irresistible. But I will eat, usually, a burger (no bun) and a dog (no bun) along with some beans, maybe a bit of potato salad or scalloped potatoes if they are there and some of whatever dessert looks irresistible to me.

One guy, who, of course doesn't always come (who can ALWAYS come anyway?) often brings those scalloped potatoes. If I see them on the table, I know for sure that he is there. And there's one guy who usually brings his wife's home made apple dumplings, NO SUGAR ADDED, that she makes and sends with him, even though she doesn't come to the party herself, and she usually has some other activity planned. I guess their Saturday's are "do things separately" days or something, but we're glad she makes the dumplings for us!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch.

We had some heavy rain yesterday in the late afternoon with Thunder.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    syX63L.jpg

BD89p2.jpg

rxgHQ4.jpg

kSLxR2.jpg

nuyj0B.jpg

zwbJDN.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Roger I'm glad you went to see a Doctor. Hopefully the antibiotic will help you, if not, like in 3 days, you need to go back/or call back for a different antibiotic....glad the strep test was negative.
    Ed...I hate forgetting that ONE item, and its always something necessary! I went to Whole Foods on Wednesday and they didn't have my hot bar stuff...so, just for fun went the next day (yesterday) and they had what I'd wanted the day before. :) I wish they had a set schedule for entrees...
    Yesterday was gym, Aldi's, and that return trip to WF. Today will be gym, bank, and ????? :)
    With kitchen chores, laundry, floors tucked in here and there as time allows.

I need to get dressed and retrieve the curb side trash bins. I looked when got up at 8, but the trash hadn't been collected yet...at 8 I could have put a robe over my night gown and gone to the curb...probably not at 10.

Later...
    (later I will go back and enjoy the cat pix and other posts.... I did of course see the cat having a bad day after waking up....thats me in the mornings...having a great day until i STAND UP. Thats when my reality strikes.) LOL!!
    Hi Valerie
    They did say if no improvement by the weekend to come back in. Luckily I feel much better. I shall stay the whole 10 day course of pills naturally.

Isn't that always the way, I went to the Grocery Store Friday morning and of course I forgot one of the main items I wanted to pick up :( Oh well.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I've been up for a couple of hours but distracted by feeding me, feeding the cats, clearing the sink, getting the enormous pan of beans into the oven.

Yes, it's another pool party day so the beans are baking now.

68 degrees out there now with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of rain. Should be a good day for a pool party. I don't actually get in the pool much, because I'm so pale I burn in 10 to 15 minutes. Taking a BP med that makes me even MORE sensitive to the sunlight doesn't help either. But I sit around a lot on the front downstairs (shaded) deck, and leave the pool that is upstairs, higher up the hill, in the back/side yard, mostly to the ones who can take the sun. I do get in later in the day for a bit, when part of it is finally shaded but still have to watch out for reflected sunlight from the rest. So 10 to 15 minutes then.

The downstairs deck has ceiling fans and is usually a bit cooler feeling. I sit in a rocker, talk to EVERYONE as they come in, and usually help some with the delivery of burgers and dogs from the grill to the serving area, which is inside where it's nice and cool. And get up to stroll around periodically.

Then when the party is winding down, J and I pack up our little bit of stuff and head home to see our cats, sometimes stopping on the way to get him some food as he usually just snacks a little bit at the party, not really knowing on most dishes whether they are vegetarian or not or even who to ask as we don't know who brought what. He might eat some deviled eggs if they are there. We know who brings those, or store made potato salad, if any is there. And maybe a spoonful of my baked beans, and possibly dessert if there is some kind of chocolate thing that looks just irresistible. But I will eat, usually, a burger (no bun) and a dog (no bun) along with some beans, maybe a bit of potato salad or scalloped potatoes if they are there and some of whatever dessert looks irresistible to me.

One guy, who, of course doesn't always come (who can ALWAYS come anyway?) often brings those scalloped potatoes. If I see them on the table, I know for sure that he is there. And there's one guy who usually brings his wife's home made apple dumplings, NO SUGAR ADDED, that she makes and sends with him, even though she doesn't come to the party herself, and she usually has some other activity planned. I guess their Saturday's are "do things separately" days or something, but we're glad she makes the dumplings for us!
    Hi Ed
    Interesting, I had heard that from others that the some of the BP meds can make You sensitive to sunlight.

I do use bread with burgers and dogs, OTOH it is the 647 low calorie, low carb bread and it is a good tasting bread, just not inexpensive if not on sale. At least I think $3.99 is high. On sale this week it was $2.49 :)

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I think that funeral wiggly was the funniest thing I've seen all week!
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    Interesting, I had heard that from others that the some of the BP meds can make You sensitive to sunlight.

I do use bread with burgers and dogs, OTOH it is the 647 low calorie, low carb bread and it is a good tasting bread, just not inexpensive if not on sale. At least I think $3.99 is high. On sale this week it was $2.49 :)

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger

I'd like bread with them, and when making them at home I do use low calorie, low carb bread. I had thought of bringing my own buns to the party, but if I did, and had one burger and one dog, then two of my lunch/party carbs would be used up by bread then, leaving only an absolute maximum of two more, assuming I don't go over, to be shared by beans, potato dish, if eating a potato dish, slaw (if eating slaw) and a bite or two of dessert. And even if I stick to 3 (what I really SHOULD stick to) or 4 carbs for lunch, then I should go extra low for supper later, having only one or two, rather than the usual 3.

I do take my little "strolls" fairly often during the course of the pool party, just to say hello and chat a bit more with the people up there, and for me those strolls (walking in general, even just standing!) can burn up a surprising amount of carbs. I do use that fact to justify having a bit more carbs than normal at these parties, but it's impossible to measure any of that exactly in such circumstances.

I almost always (should always) have a test kit with me to check on my blood glucose levels at any time.

The diabetic roller coaster is ... interesting.

• parityanimal
    Blast from the past, speaking of walking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww
  • parityanimal
    99wi4cixrvyb.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I also got what I suspect was a good buy at the ShopRite, Organic Apples both Braeburn and Pink Lady for 99 cents a pound with their Key Tag.
    I think that funeral wiggly was the funniest thing I've seen all week!
    Hi Ed
    Glad You enjoyed it.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger

I'd like bread with them, and when making them at home I do use low calorie, low carb bread. I had thought of bringing my own buns to the party, but if I did, and had one burger and one dog, then two of my lunch/party carbs would be used up by bread then, leaving only an absolute maximum of two more, assuming I don't go over, to be shared by beans, potato dish, if eating a potato dish, slaw (if eating slaw) and a bite or two of dessert. And even if I stick to 3 (what I really SHOULD stick to) or 4 carbs for lunch, then I should go extra low for supper later, having only one or two, rather than the usual 3.

I do take my little "strolls" fairly often during the course of the pool party, just to say hello and chat a bit more with the people up there, and for me those strolls (walking in general, even just standing!) can burn up a surprising amount of carbs. I do use that fact to justify having a bit more carbs than normal at these parties, but it's impossible to measure any of that exactly in such circumstances.

I almost always (should always) have a test kit with me to check on my blood glucose levels at any time.

The diabetic roller coaster is ... interesting.
    I can see that I like Ground Beef burgers plain with a dash of salt as a form of Chopped Steak :)
    Ho Dogs plain, With Ketchup naturally in may case.
    I shall be having a hot dog as the protein and the 647 bread and ketchup as the Carb as my Midmorning snack. I got a late start so everything is running late today today.

Blast from the past, speaking of walking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

I did not even have to play that one clip, Nancy Sinatra and these boots are made for walking from the look of it. I have that clip on the drive.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!!
    Morning long gone..I was at the ice rink! Stopped at Whole Foods on the way home, since I drive right past it...(that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it)...more Chicken Fried Tofu. I surely hope you can't OD on Tofu!!! Also stuff for salad, and (here comes the bad part)..they had BISCUITS!!! I've been craving biscuits for a long long time...so today I bought 2. They are not Vegan but sometimes you just gotta scratch that 'I want' itch. One will be part of dinner tonite, and the other probably sealed and put in the freezer. AND they had my SO's sugar free coconut milk Ice cream...on sale. Bought 2 pints. Needless to say it was not a cheap stop, but one that will hold me for 'stuff' for awhile.

Its a good thing they played this practice game. Hopefully they will shuffle a few kids around, as the score at the end was about 8 or 9 to zip! Not sure how many, cuz after 4-0 they quit putting the score up on the time keeping board. So, that didn't go as planned or hoped for, but I think there was more going on than just a hockey game. I suggested that to Jenn, and she denied it... we'll see. (For one thing Jack didn't come off the coaches bench at the end of the game complaining about the game....Nate was off ice a good bit, and we had a not very good goalie... time will tell!

Then after I ate some fried tofu and salad, I packed myself back into the car and went to the gym! Not something I usually do on weekends. But I figured with the 'goodies' from WF I'd better be moving around all weekend!

Ed, Ted burns like you do...he finally after several really bad sunburns learned he just couldn't hang out in the sun...even wearing a t-shirt, etc. Jack (blue eyed) and my green eyes both tan..but my Mom, dark brown hair and eyes...burned and got huge big water blisters just like Ted does now. Life just isn't always as it should be, certainly not fair either!!

I'm sitting here with my foot and ankle encased in cold packs....not because of any pain, but just because I was so hot..turned on two ceiling fans, and the ice, and I'm feeling pretty comfy again.

I'm glad you guys liked the Funeral Wiggly...Made me laugh! I'd not heard Nancy Sinatra sing boots for quite awhile...LOL!!! And I'm going to thief the Hatching Vegans pix and send it to a friend in Michigan. She is not Vegan, though she and her hubbs did have a go at it several years ago. He thinks himself as quite a 'chef'...may be, I don't really know, but he does tend to run on overly rich sauces, butters, etc....not my idea of cooking, anyhow they pretty much gave it (Vegan) up after about 6-9 months. Too bad as they both have health issues because of their weight, yada, yada, etc.

Ok, weekend backup done, so time to eject Laci, and get my foot freed from the cold, and work on the kitchen a bit. (not in the kitchen, but ON the kitchen) Wasn't time to get everything cleared this morning, then 'most' of the groceries got put away...the grocery bags need to be returned to the trunk of the car for next WF trip.

Roger glad to know you're feeling better! Being sick in the summer is the pits!! I'm sure you din't need to hear me say that, either! :)
    AND hope Ed's nice shady porch is not as bad as what my yard is....its still, hot, and way too humid. Must be Dog Days....its miserable out there!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    The pool party was pleasant enough. I did spend most of it under the upper deck, in the shaded lower deck, but did venture out for two very short pool sessions. One was just for two minutes, really just a quick dip, and the other, later, for only 5 minutes, as it was VERY bright out there today. J spent a bit too much time in the pool and has some sunburn on his face.

For a change someone else also brought some baked beans! A couple who had not been to any of the parties all summer long showed up for this one and brought a small (relatively...9x13 actually) dish full of baked beans that were quite good, but almost as completely different from mine as another dish of baked beans could be. Their dish was much sweeter and not spicy at all, that I could tell and only had one kind of bean in it. Good flavor though.

Both dishes of baked beans got hit pretty hard by the guests but the other couple did take some of theirs home with them. I could have taken a couple of servings of ours home but usually leave it for the hosts as they really like my baked beans, and so does the mother of one of them, who lives next door to them. I saw them preparing a couple of plates of food for her to nibble on for tonight and tomorrow and they included generous servings of my baked beans. She is much too old and infirm to think of attending the pool parties but apparently does enjoy the food from them. She would probably have difficulty with the crowd size too. At this party we had 62 total guests! This was, I think, the biggest pool party this summer. Plenty of food, of course, with Angus burgers, Hebrew National franks, lots of side dishes, and several desserts.

One of the hosts made an evil deep dish baked cheesecake with a thick graham cracker crust and a cherry topping. I think aside from that I vaguely remember some brownies and an apple pie, but that evil deep dish cheesecake caught me and it caught J too. That was the dessert of choice for both of us. As expected he didn't eat much else, just a couple of deviled eggs (yes, THAT couple was there! Yay!) and a tortilla chip with some cheese dip. After the party he got some fried rice at one of our favorite Thai restaurants.

The evil cherry cheesecake was delicious. We both had quite reasonably small slices of heavenly evil cheesecake.

Blood glucose several hours after the party, and a couple of hours after having just an appetizer from the restaurant: 178. I'll take that and be pretty happy with it, considering the foods eaten over the course of the day. Actually pretty decent glucose level.

Oh, and J says my deviled eggs are better... :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 94 and 0% chance of rain.

At least the nights are still getting cool, despite the high heat days!

Been up for a while. I think the cats were sticking pins in a voodoo doll this morning because lower back pain woke me. Lilo had been purring at me for a bit but I dozed back off until they found the voodoo doll.

I still need to feed them. I guess I'll wobble into the kitchen and do that now and then ice my back.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Irish people taste test American Fanta drinks. And apparently look appalled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdUChKmC-w