Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    I mostly get prescriptions called/faxed/electronically input...but for some prescriptions, for some reason, they still occasionally give me a written slip of paper. Most of my doctors know who's the cheapest and if they don't, then my insurance company does and will let me know.

Had a rather unsuccessful shopping trip today. The vet didn't have any of Lilo's canned food available but have ordered six cans for me. I have enough of hers, and of Kiara's to last through Sunday so that's not a big deal. I can get more of both at PetSmart. The vet stop was just on the way home from Kroger so it wasn't out of the way. They are generally just a few cents cheaper than PetSmart on Lilo's canned food.

At Kroger I got the sodas for J and a free Kind bar, along with some salsa and a bag of chips for J. And managed to not get the yogurt that I need to buy soon for the sugar gliders. I have enough for a night or two and will just have to get that when I go out to get the cat food at PetSmart. Publix is in that same parking lot area and may have the kind of yogurt I buy for them. If not, then the longer trip to Kroger, but I'm not going to Kroger just to get ONE ITEM if Publix, which is closer, has that. Besides, I need to pick up a scrip at Publix.

Glad to hear you went to the doctor, Roger! I don't think any of us like to go.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I mostly get prescriptions called/faxed/electronically input...but for some prescriptions, for some reason, they still occasionally give me a written slip of paper. Most of my doctors know who's the cheapest and if they don't, then my insurance company does and will let me know.

Had a rather unsuccessful shopping trip today. The vet didn't have any of Lilo's canned food available but have ordered six cans for me. I have enough of hers, and of Kiara's to last through Sunday so that's not a big deal. I can get more of both at PetSmart. The vet stop was just on the way home from Kroger so it wasn't out of the way. They are generally just a few cents cheaper than PetSmart on Lilo's canned food.

At Kroger I got the sodas for J and a free Kind bar, along with some salsa and a bag of chips for J. And managed to not get the yogurt that I need to buy soon for the sugar gliders. I have enough for a night or two and will just have to get that when I go out to get the cat food at PetSmart. Publix is in that same parking lot area and may have the kind of yogurt I buy for them. If not, then the longer trip to Kroger, but I'm not going to Kroger just to get ONE ITEM if Publix, which is closer, has that. Besides, I need to pick up a scrip at Publix.

Glad to hear you went to the doctor, Roger! I don't think any of us like to go.

Hi Ed
    I tend to wait to long to see a doctor, Back in 80s or 90s I finally broke down and went to the doctor and remembered them saying stand up straight right before I woke up on the floor. They bunged me into the Hospital that was across the street, days later the pneumonia was cleared up. I have been more cautious ever since then :)

Good Luck with Your shopping
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    How it's made: Decorative Eggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjXYjTGYpVk
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

74 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of rain. Maybe I'll get out to buy the yogurt this morning. And a few cans of cat food.

Cats got me up before 6:30 this morning but that was OK I guess. I've had my oatmeal and bacon and they'll get their food shortly.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    More fun, creative food that we don't need to eat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QVboPAAReE
  • parityanimal
    14 pages (or more) of funny cat pictures!

http://www.boredpanda.com/funny-cat-pics-tumblr/?page_numb=1
  • RogerToo
    oQMa5O.jpg

znIPaV.jpg

YCzgfT.jpg

iOG2fo.jpg

ZTlAzT.jpg

I had to look and look before I got it. Answer by clicking the spoiler, Can You catch it
    u5tYsn.jpg
    The woman holding the Soldering Iron against the computer motherboard is holding it by the part that gets hot enough to melt the Solder
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did a little walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch.

Poor Loser or justified
    http://www.sgvtribune.com/general-news/20170814/former-los-altos-baseball-player-sues-coach-after-being-benched-claims-bullying
    Former Los Altos baseball player sues coach after being benched, claims bullying
    By Hayley Munguia, The San Gabriel Valley Tribune
    Posted: 08/14/17, 3:13 PM PDT Updated: 15 hrs ago

A former Los Altos High School student and baseball player is suing the school district and his former coach for hundreds of thousands of dollars because the coach repeatedly benched him.

According to the suit, the school’s head varsity baseball coach, Gabriel Lopez, repeatedly refused to let 17-year-old Robbie Lopez, no relation, play throughout his senior year. The suit claims this constituted a pattern of “harassment and bullying.”

The teenager and his parents are seeking $150,000 or more, according to the suit.

Hacienda La Puente Unified athletic director Andrew Formano and assistant superintendent of human resources Jill Rojas both said they could not comment on the matter. Gabriel Lopez did not respond to a request for comment.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

74 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of rain. Maybe I'll get out to buy the yogurt this morning. And a few cans of cat food.

Cats got me up before 6:30 this morning but that was OK I guess. I've had my oatmeal and bacon and they'll get their food shortly.
    Hi Ed
    Lucky us we get a chance of rain into the overnight hours and somewhat cooler than yesterday :)

Hmm...
    Oatmeal, I was wondering what to do for my midmorning snack, Thanks for the reminder that I have some. I was thinking of a Nathan's Hot Dog on a 40 cal slice of 647 bread with a touch of ketchup, the Oatmeal would be lower calories.

Nice Links
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    ixy3ozk3w85h.jpg
  • parityanimal
    For tonight's dinner I made some small pieces of garlic cheese toast, then followed with zoodles (zucchini noodles) and squoodles (yellow squash noodles) topped with spicy marina sauce, and then generously sprinkled with Parmesan/Romano cheese. Mine was also accompanied by some bratwurst, as I had put a couple of links out to thaw the night before and I needed a bit more protein in my meal.

J liked the zoodles and squoodles well enough. I'll continue to practice my technique on those though as I think I could have cooked them a bit longer. Better underdone than overdone and cooked to mush though!

Overall, I was pleased with the dinner.

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 75 out there now with an expected high of 89 with 20% chance of showers.

Laundry still looming. Cats will be fed shortly, as will I.

Still need to buy cat food though as I'll otherwise run out of canned food after Sunday morning feeding.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    I did a little walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 76 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch.

It started raining about 10 minutes before I left to get some coffee. If I had not slept in late I could have been ahead of it :(
    It kept alternating between a light rain and heavy rain with periods of Thunder.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    D5a3q7.jpg

r0l94J.jpg
    Shadow :)

m1voXw.jpg

LKoTz8.jpg

lrs737.jpg
    So that explains why my AC is not working :)

q0csuR.jpg
  • RogerToo
    ixy3ozk3w85h.jpg
    Hi Ed
    I like that picture and the links
    For tonight's dinner I made some small pieces of garlic cheese toast, then followed with zoodles (zucchini noodles) and squoodles (yellow squash noodles) topped with spicy marina sauce, and then generously sprinkled with Parmesan/Romano cheese. Mine was also accompanied by some bratwurst, as I had put a couple of links out to thaw the night before and I needed a bit more protein in my meal.

J liked the zoodles and squoodles well enough. I'll continue to practice my technique on those though as I think I could have cooked them a bit longer. Better underdone than overdone and cooked to mush though!

Overall, I was pleased with the dinner.
    Zoodles, Funny name :)

The Garlic Cheese Toast sounds delicious.

IMO the Zukes and Yellow summer squash go mushy so quickly. I agree that better a little under than overdone. I like them sliced and crisped in the skillet using Olive Oil.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 75 out there now with an expected high of 89 with 20% chance of showers.

Laundry still looming. Cats will be fed shortly, as will I.

Still need to buy cat food though as I'll otherwise run out of canned food after Sunday morning feeding.
    I have ended up with the bottom of my shorts wet from the rain since I only wore the Rain Jacket. It was not that comfortable between the Humidity, Temperature and lack of air flow from the rain gear. I hope Your day goes well. The rain is forecast to go away later and then come back late afternoon with Thunderstorms again.

Stay Comfortable
    Roger