Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch with high humidity.
    The forecast high is 93 and then some unsettled weather is forecast to move in later in the day.

It got dark here yesterday due to the eclipse and then it brightened again.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 72 out there now with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of rain, according to the weather channel page. Oddly, Facebook was warning me last night that it would be rainy today in Peachtree Corners. I guess we'll see which one is correct. Hang on, I'll see what the weather app on my smartphone says...it says 6%, with about the same high, though it claims it's currently 71 out there, rather than 72.

I did get to the store yesterday. I got milk, uncured, fully cooked bacon, both pork (thick cut) and chicken (thigh meat) and I had some of the chicken bacon this morning, with a steak biscuit. The chicken bacon was okay, but I think next time I'll microwave it a bit longer to get it more crispy. It was a little on the chewy side, but very low fat compared to regular bacon.

While the package of frozen steak biscuits claimed to be JUMBO steak biscuits, I knew from the weight that I wouldn't consider them jumbo and when I set one out last night to thaw for part of this morning's nutritious(?) breakfast I immediately saw that I was correct.

At any rate, I had the treat of a steak biscuit this morning. Not as nice as a freshly prepared one at a fast food restaurant, but it was pretty decent and I have three more in the freezer for future indulgences.
    Hi Ed
    I need to get out to CostCo at some point in the near future. OTOH I have enough Frozen Vegetables to wait until the after the NS Frozen is delivered and I can get a handle on how much room is left in the freezer. Then I want to get some of their Pre Cooked Bacon, Frozen Vegetables, Protein Shakes and Paper Towels. The Thick Cut Bacon my Brother brings home from Pennsylvania is around a 1/4 inch thick. When Crisped in the skillet the Bacon has a crispy exterior and creamy interior.

Jumbo is one of those undefined terms. Steak Biscuits sounds delicious too. I'm guessing it came from the freezer section of the store.

Have a Comfortable day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning Guys....and Hi Roger! :)
    Enjoyed the eclipse yesterday...my littlest neighbor who's 8, gave me quite a run down about the eclipse...and she was correct! Must be an attentive, smart little learner in school!! It did get dusk, the street lights did come on..the birds calmed down except for one loud little fella...and he squawked and squawked the whole time! The thing that amazed me, was the 'shady' under the tree show! I took a couple pix...you could see not the usual dappled shade, but the leaves acted like the pin hole shadow box that the kids made, and you could see the crescent of the sun and moon on the driveway!!!! multiplied by 'a whole lot'. It was really weird. Ted was in Piedmont Park in ATL, and he sent me a pix of the sidewalk crescent shade. I'd never seen that before, and yesterday was my 3rd eclipse! (product of moving around a lot...and being old!)

Kids at the gym had a good time running in and out to sneak a peek. I'd given them the extra glasses that I had...and they said the folks from the Mexican Market were also coming out to look, and so the glasses were 'well shared' between the two business staffs!! Glad they all had fun watching!

Other than sneaking peeks during the eclipse, and my quick walk on the gym's treadmill, I really didn't do much yesterday. I think I'll be gym bound by about 10:30 this morning, and I may just go ahead and do my grocery shopping at Kroger while I'm out, since they've done away with the Senior Discount....no particular day to shop there, except from Habit!!!

Oh, it was HOT yesterday...and HUMID too. WOW! I'd hoped today would not be quite as bad..., but Ed's already convinced me that what I hoped and what I'm gonna get isn't syncing up!! :(

Plants where I watered the other morning are looking a lot better...but we're gonna need some decent rain soon.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Guys....and Hi Roger! :)
    Enjoyed the eclipse yesterday...my littlest neighbor who's 8, gave me quite a run down about the eclipse...and she was correct! Must be an attentive, smart little learner in school!! It did get dusk, the street lights did come on..the birds calmed down except for one loud little fella...and he squawked and squawked the whole time! The thing that amazed me, was the 'shady' under the tree show! I took a couple pix...you could see not the usual dappled shade, but the leaves acted like the pin hole shadow box that the kids made, and you could see the crescent of the sun and moon on the driveway!!!! multiplied by 'a whole lot'. It was really weird. Ted was in Piedmont Park in ATL, and he sent me a pix of the sidewalk crescent shade. I'd never seen that before, and yesterday was my 3rd eclipse! (product of moving around a lot...and being old!)

Kids at the gym had a good time running in and out to sneak a peek. I'd given them the extra glasses that I had...and they said the folks from the Mexican Market were also coming out to look, and so the glasses were 'well shared' between the two business staffs!! Glad they all had fun watching!

Other than sneaking peeks during the eclipse, and my quick walk on the gym's treadmill, I really didn't do much yesterday. I think I'll be gym bound by about 10:30 this morning, and I may just go ahead and do my grocery shopping at Kroger while I'm out, since they've done away with the Senior Discount....no particular day to shop there, except from Habit!!!

Oh, it was HOT yesterday...and HUMID too. WOW! I'd hoped today would not be quite as bad..., but Ed's already convinced me that what I hoped and what I'm gonna get isn't syncing up!! :(

Plants where I watered the other morning are looking a lot better...but we're gonna need some decent rain soon.

Later...

Hi Again
    I believe You had a higher percentage Eclipse than I did.

I would like to see those Pix if You can.

Why not get the usage from them, it isn't as if You have another use for them.
    I hope that nobody damaged their eyes trying to see with bogus glasses or not using any at all.

Today's Humidity is very high. Even at 73 I worked up a sweat while walking.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    djb1uby53u26.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    Top 10 weirdest McDonald's commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUDAyPWo3Q
  • parityanimal
    Irish people taste test...spaghetti donuts???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78pXFVfdUc
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch with high humidity.
    Overnight we had probably three hours of Lightning & Thunder Plus enough rain that the Watering can be put off for another couple of days :)
    It was not Comfortable walking.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    pJZJTW.jpg

AyzOeL.jpg

u3H8m0.jpg
    No Way would I try and get a car or out of that garage :)

qRscna.jpg
    Picture is titled "Probably Close

Hilu1U.jpg
    I fixed it :)

MKvWgS.jpg
    This is not what we meant by playing outside
  • RogerToo
    djb1uby53u26.jpeg
    Hi Ed
    I reused this one...
    Thanks for it
    Roger

Have a Nice Day, Stay Cool
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 74 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of rain.

The felines have been fed and I've eaten. The dishwasher is running. I have all of yesterday's laundry to fold. Some is piled on top of the machines and the rest is still in the dryer, which will need a refreshing run as that bit includes the few hangable items.

I've finished my morning Powerade and am starting now on my first cup of tea. Maybe after my second cup (or while drinking it?) I'll actually get started on folding the laundry...feeling not quite with it yet.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    I've been out of bed long enough to brew a cup of coffee, move the 'glow in the dark' ping pong balls to a suitable storage place, and take the one little (1 cup size) container of moo juice to the front room. (I keep one on hand for Antonio when he's here fixing something...for his coffee).
    Next up is feed the cat and then feed me. Today's breakfast is going to be cereal with berries, ground flax, and whatever nut milk is open in the refrigerator. (I've already eaten my banana.)

Lunch is going to be the fun? meal....I have left over greens, kale and spinach with their sautéd onion and garlic and half a baked potato...so, the idea follows along the lines of "I can make soup out of anything"...VitaMix the greens and the potato...then add the beans and red rice to a bowl, putting my soup on top of it....should be filling if nothing else!! :)

:(....I looked for a bottle of Vitamin C while at Kroger yesterday....they had plenty of them...all sporting 1,000 mg each. That's some serious overload!!!! Will check out Publix when I stop in there later for my WINNING PowerBall ticket!!!! :) yep..I've decided...Today's the Day!!! LOL!! Oh, were it only that simple, right?

I keep looking at that driveway and your comment Roger about not getting a car out of that garage...I think you'd only have to do it once. Maybe its the angle of the photo, but the intersect of driveway and sidewalk seems to be a bit much! I think your car would drag and maybe even hang up. And then I thought about that little piece of real estate between the two houses. That's too steep a bank to grow most grasses...it might be the one place on earth that English Ivy would be a 'good thing'...LOL!!

Ok, breakfast for me and a cat, get my gym clothes on, and boogie outta here...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, laundry that was done got all folded and then Kiara helped me to strip and re-make the bed so I could launder those items...which ALWAYS seem to get unbalanced in the washer, so what's the bloody point of having a setting for "bulky bedclothes" anyway if it will still get unbalanced???

At any rate, I re-balanced them and they did finish without walking the washer too far, though I did have to push it back into place before re-balancing. Fortunately it is VERY NOISY when it is unbalanced and I usually get to it right away. I've learned that I have to stay awake and near the laundry room whenever washing bulky bedclothes as I generally have to redistribute the items at least once during the process.

The bedclothes are now in the dryer, where I have redistributed them once, to make sure they aren't balling up as they tend to do in there. It also has a "bulky bedclothes" setting but as it only has one way of turning I don't really see a point to that one either, as they will tend to ball/roll up regardless, but whatever...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Tonight’s dinner:

Braised lamb shoulder steak with a an onion and shiitake mushroom, red wine enhanced gravy. Mashed potatoes. Steamed, buttered green beans. Thank goodness for the "WooHoo" section in the meat cooler at Kroger that allows me to occasionally afford lamb!

Wine of choice: Vega Tolosa, Crianza Bobal, Old Vines, 2010, Spain. This wine was also the wine that enhanced the gravy, but it only needed a small amount of the wine to make it JUST RIGHT.

u6qbv1jddv7w.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I've eaten, but just a steak biscuit. Might add some bacon or yogurt, with a spoonful of fruit juice sweetened blueberry preserves, later in the morning.

I don't see anything critical on the agenda for today. Maybe I can have a totally lazy day. The older I get the more I enjoy such days.

Lilo is in my lap and Kiara is to the left of my monitor, both waiting patiently(?) for me to get going on their breakfast. But they must learn that getting me up early does not guarantee an early breakfast. As long as Lilo is happy in my lap, I'll be glad to wait.

Come to think of it, I guess there IS one critical thing on my agenda. Feed the cats!

Oh, and get some lamb stew going in a smallish slow cooker, I guess too. I ate all the lamb shoulder steak and green beans, but there was about half the gravy left. J had the rest of the mashed potatoes, made into potato cakes, with some scrambled eggs for his dinner.

Since I had that lovely gravy left over, I dug around in the freezer to find that package of cut up lamb for stew and set it up to thaw. I'll add the gravy, a potato and maybe some carrots and an onion, and possibly a little tomato paste, to see what kind of stew I can make from that.

• parityanimal
    Here's a blast from the past that you might remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjZ812ASdn4
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Kids try fermented foods! Watching it now. I suspect they won't like most of them.

Update: I just finished watching and at the end, they LIE to the kids and say that cheese is mold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1eFKB9bFE
  • parityanimal
    Irish people taste Canadian desserts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29PUhnhn9c
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    And...back in time to make eels and corn! I'd probably like this, as I LOVE the eel I've eaten at sushi places. The sauce they put on the cooked eel is to die for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocVCsPPNxsc