Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,183 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 56 and raining out there now with an expected high of only 64 and 100% chance of rain. Since it is, in fact, raining, I totally agree with that last bit. Also gusty winds expected, with occasional gusts up to 50 mph.

I doubt the air conditioner will be coming on much, if at all, today. Might be a good day to make a hearty soup or stew for dinner, assuming we have no power issues.

I had a Kroger Friday freeby of Annie's "homegrown" shells and cheese so some of that was breakfast. Pretty good for a free box. I do wonder, however, just how big a macaroni shell plant gets, since I've never seen one growing. And do they grow in pods like beans or are the shells themselves the pods, and the seeds discarded?

Not a lot on the agenda today. Maybe not anything. Rainy days are good for lazing around the house.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Strawberry shorcake flavored noodles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6iR5qcY5us
  • parityanimal
    I've heard of chicken and waffles, but waffle dogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrPXJZikzCM
  • parityanimal
    Pretty sureI would NOT have eaten this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFHw5mQbU24
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did some walking this Morning and still + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 56 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again I wore a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

I chilled the Turkey Breast, sliced it and Used a 3 Ounce portion between two slices of the 647 Italian bread with a smear of Miracle Whip and slices of Really tasty ripe Tomato from the Garden, Delicious.

We Baked two Loafs, Loaves?, of Sweet Potato Bread yesterday and Gave one away and have one left.

Once again not much on my agenda for today. Maybe I'll kill time on that there Internet Thingy once again :)

Some Interesting ? Links, Well interesting to me anyway.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4426442/hurricane-irma-passenger-ship-called-escape-which-fled-miami-with-4000-on-board-now-stranded-at-sea-with-unlimited-booze/
    CRUISE TO NOWHEREHurricane Irma – Passenger ship called ‘Escape’ which fled Miami with 4,000 on board now stranded at sea with ‘unlimited booze’
    The passengers - including Brits - have been told not to worry by the vessel's captain as he says it can outrun the storm
    By Jon Lockett, 9th September 2017, 11:02 am, Updated: 10th September 2017, 11:40 am

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with this one :)
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/851879/diabetes-type-2-red-meat-poultry-risk-warning
    Type 2 diabetes warning: Too much red meat and poultry can increase risk
    EATING too much dark meat can significantly increase the risk of diabetes, a new study suggests.

By Giles Sheldrick, 00:01, Sat, Sep 9, 2017 | UPDATED: 14:34, Sat, Sep 9, 2017

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I thought this one was neat :)

2KNzad.jpg

Truth
    mIRXfo.gif

9dp6oV.gif

6NVM0R.jpg

ZWcPOo.jpg

Av9uwy.jpg
  • RogerToo
    The potato dog sounds quite tasty to me too, but I definitely don't need to be eating that.
    Hi Ed
    I guess that once in a blue moon might be OK. I have a Nathans Hot Dog complete with bun, 260 calories, from the dollar store waiting for that next Blue moon :)
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 56 and raining out there now with an expected high of only 64 and 100% chance of rain. Since it is, in fact, raining, I totally agree with that last bit. Also gusty winds expected, with occasional gusts up to 50 mph.

I doubt the air conditioner will be coming on much, if at all, today. Might be a good day to make a hearty soup or stew for dinner, assuming we have no power issues.

I had a Kroger Friday freeby of Annie's "homegrown" shells and cheese so some of that was breakfast. Pretty good for a free box. I do wonder, however, just how big a macaroni shell plant gets, since I've never seen one growing. And do they grow in pods like beans or are the shells themselves the pods, and the seeds discarded?

Not a lot on the agenda today. Maybe not anything. Rainy days are good for lazing around the house.
    I suspect that the Macaroni Shell plants are grown on the same farm that they raise Birds from Birdseed on :)

Free is a really good price, I'm jealous about that score.

I have noticed that the weather report will show a 100% chance of rain as I look out the window at the rain too. Talk about Captain Obvious :)
    I've heard of chicken and waffles, but waffle dogs?

It could be tasty. If I said I know of Chicken and Waffles but have never had that...
    Pretty sure I would NOT have eaten this...
    I think a lot of the freeze dried food lasts for many years beyond the use by date :) I have seen some marked for 10 or more years shelf Life.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Unlimited booze sounds fun, but not as important as HOW MUCH FOOD AND WATER do they have on the ship? Still, as long as it can stay in safe waters and keep the passengers fed and entertained, I doubt they'll get TOO many complaints because they had to change their scheduled stops...

I've read the bit about red meat before, but have my doubts as well. Millions, perhaps billions of people eat a lot of red meat without becoming diabetic. I suspect its still more in the genes. Maybe the red meat makes it just a hair more likely if you are already genetically disposed in that direction?

• parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    I think, hope, wish this day is over. Wind for ever, and rain, and rain, and rain....it got weary some by about 4p. All day, electricity blinked off and back on, and I consider that fortunate, as about half a billion peeps in our area without power. Friend of mine posted 'Pop goes the Transformer'...meaning they have no electricity in the foreseeable future. Planning to have cocktails til all the ice has melted!!! Silly goofs!

Concerned for Tom E. He's been in all day. Wanted no part of being outside, and I cannot blame him...but I also don't see where either of the 2 litter boxes has been used????? And he snacked and ate all day long...bored as I was I think.

His straw bed on the porch swing got wet, so he got a new bed tonite. He's out there now. Can't decide ...leave well enough alone and let him sleep in his new bedding....or call him in for the night and risk a demanding Meow outside my bedroom door all night long???
    I think he'll be fine outside..

Ok, I'm heading to bed....ate almost all of my roasted veggies this afternoon, then ate junk all evening...tummy not exactly happy. LOL!

See you in the morning.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 59 out there now with an expected high of only 64 and 70% chance of rain. Where the rain does fall, it will be morning showers, supposedly, then cloudy and then late afternoon scattered showers. Haven't looked to see what it's like out there right now.

I've eaten. The cats are eating. I need to clear the dishwasher and then clear the sink into the dishwasher. I also need to go and see if I can get a few groceries at Aldi and pick up some cat food for Kiara.

Regular garbage is still at the curb, though the recycles got picked up yesterday.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Japanese Self Defense Forces Ration Pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7RHjj5m4U
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2017
  • parityanimal
    Cold Weather Ration - Sea Food Stuffing....er Chowder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tip8oN5k0a4
  • parityanimal
    This doesn't seem to have killed her and does seem to be a testament to how well some packaged foods can keep...all the same, I am quite SURE I would not have eaten this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_78l7sm_E0
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking this Morning and still + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 58 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again I wore a Long Sleeve Shirt and wore lightly insulated gloves due to the temperature :)

I walked over to the repair shop and picked up my car, The passenger side Window regulator broke Sunday. I noticed that the window had slipped down and that it did not go up or down. I ended up pushing it up and using Painters tape to hold it up as Painters tape leaves no residue when removed.

Some Interesting ? Link, Well interesting to me anyway.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2017/sep/11/tesla-hurricane-irma-battery-capacity
    How did Tesla make some of its cars travel further during Hurricane Irma?
    Simon Usborne, Monday 11 September 2017 12.10 EDT

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-05/kentucky-public-employee-retirements-surge-fears-pension-collapse-mount
    Kentucky Public Employee Retirements Surge As Fears Of Pension Collapse Mount
    by Tyler Durden, Sep 6, 2017 4:35 AM

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hnc92q.gif

Seh2dW.jpg

lkhRMb.jpg
    If that is the record crowd I would hate to see the non record crowd

qfhCqZ.jpg

kbQ3gR.jpg
    Ancient Laptop :)