Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2017
    And a soldier's hack for making frosting from an MRE shake. Not sure I'd want strawberry banana frosting on a carrot cake though...maybe on a plain vanilla pound cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i3CeHRn8uA&list=PLkUFQm9t2lDUTkRGfLqVYuJgOi1P3Vt90&index=14
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking this Morning and still +10 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 67 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, humidity is slightly lower than yesterday.

Interesting ? Links, I found them interesting

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/12/now-this-is-ridiculous-782000-over-asking-for-a-house-in-sunnyvale/
    Now this is ridiculous: $782,000 over asking for a house in Sunnyvale
    By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 12:26 pm, Tuesday, September 12, 2017

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/11/san-mateo-county-official-seeks-to-ban-cellphone-use-in-crosswalks/
    San Mateo County officials back cellphone ban in crosswalks
    By Jason Green PUBLISHED: September 13, 2017 at 2:29 pm

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/13/homeless-man-asked-woman-to-move-porsche-so-he-could-sleep-then-she-shot-him-police-say-2/
    Homeless man asked woman to move Porsche so he could sleep. Then she shot him, police say.
    By The Washington Post, PUBLISHED: September 13, 2017 at 7:05 pm | UPDATED: September 13, 2017 at 8:04 pm

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/09/13/robot-fast-food-burger/Cord-Cutting
    Burger-Flipping Robot Taking Over In 50 Fast Food Restaurants
    September 13, 2017 9:59 AM

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/13/new-drivers-license-requirements-are-coming-to-u-s-airports-is-your-state-ready/
    New driver’s license requirements are coming to U.S. airports
    By The Washington Post, PUBLISHED: September 13, 2017 at 11:57 am

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    LUZ7Qg.jpg

6P2Yiq.jpg

MKsTnm.gif

9jwYJW.gif

GuodVn.gif

9Xxwhx.gif
  • RogerToo
    That was pretty neat for the coyote, but I had to wonder, since the accident site was just 21 miles away, why didn't they release the coyote back into the wild where it came from? Perhaps they figured the park area would be safer for the animal.

I will freely admit that, when traveling, I used to often bring a stuffed penguin with me, as I never had a teddy bear. I guess it's a teddy penguin then? I don't generally want one when at home as I have my spouse, or a cat generally sleeping in the same bed anyway.

Interesting sea life washed up there. It can often be difficult to identify such animals once the process of decomposing has gotten underway as it may not resemble its living self all that much any more. I'm sure they'll figure out exactly what it is.

We tried satellite years ago but didn't care for that, and we cut our cable, as far as television anyway, ages ago. We simply don't watch that much television and when we do, we can find the shows we want online via Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime usually. The cable kept getting more and more expensive and we found that when we did get bored enough to turn it on, there may have been 200 channels available but usually nothing that looked interesting enough to watch, unless we had scheduled our time for a specific item we wanted to waatch and knew what time and channel it would be on well in advance.

We haven't missed it a bit.

We do still have internet via a local cable provider.
    Hi Ed
    That was one tough Coyote, Your guess as to why they relocated it could be right.

If I said I must have been deprived growing up, I never had a stuffed animal.

The Video of the animal on the TV news showed more detail, That was one toothy critter. I did see surmise it might might be some type of Eel from the Gulf of Mexico. Update, Identified s one of three possibilities.

identity for the washed up creature
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/09/14/the-fanged-faceless-sea-creature-that-washed-ashore-during-harvey-has-been-identified/
    The fanged, faceless sea creature that washed ashore during Harvey has been identified
    By Lindsey Bever September 14 at 3:35 PM

A sea creature identified as a possible a fangtooth snake-eel on a beach in Texas City, Tex.

Tighe, an eel expert, told Earth Touch News that the creature was most likely a fangtooth snake-eel, or Aplatophis chauliodus.

Fangtooth snake-eels live in burrows 100 to 300 feet down in waters stretching from the Gulf of Mexico to French Guiana, “with only snout and eyes exposed, darting to feed on other fishes and crustaceans,” according to FishBase, an online database for fish species.

Other possibilities? Bathyuroconger vicinus or Xenomystax congroides.

I have Satellite TV, and Basic Cable with High Speed Internet. Why two Providers to keep one Cable only channel that is available on the lowest tier :)
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 61 out there now, with expected high of 84 and 0 chance of rain.

Got some laundry yet to fold, but that's about it.

2 pancakes and some bacon for breakfast with a drizzle of real, Vermont maple syrup.

Pondering lunch and dinner options, and whether I need to run out to Aldi to get something for preparing those.
    That sounds like a tasty breakfast to me. I have bought the name brand dollar store breakfasts for variety in the last couple of months, That would be Eggs and Sausage with 5 or 6 Tater Tot style Potatoes. Another with french toast in place of the Scrambled Eggs and a third with Pancakes instead of the Eggs.
    This "heater meal" looks a lot like the NS chicken and noodles, or the Hormel version, but with its own heating pack, which I'm sure you pay through the nose for. Still, for camping if you're not making a fire or don't have another way to boil water to warm it in...
    When Superstorm Sandy ate the Electric here in NJ the Red Cross was handing out Hot meals and some self heating meals. The self heating meals got nice and hot, not super tasty however but a nice change.
    And a soldier's hack for making frosting from an MRE shake. Not sure I'd want strawberry banana frosting on a carrot cake though...maybe on a plain vanilla pound cake.
    I have to agree not that flavor on Carrot Cake, However very creative and why not.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    On a limited time budget...have to get to the gym in 20 minutes...and still in my jammies...I have finished my breakfast. Decided I didn't want granola, and had sweet potato and cooked some red Swiss Chard with a bunch of onion and garlic...it was good. I did have one traditional item...I ate a banana...
    I think you all know I cut the cable about 2 years ago...kids all think I'm nuts...(and a few others too). I did get the over the air antenna...from Amazon, for less than a month of cable. I get a bunch of channels...some of them Roger would love...old variety TV programs 24 hours a day, I get 4 commercial channels like cbs, nbc, etc. and, get this...QVC???? why QVC...
    I didn't get the over the air right away, and I didn't miss it even then...for same reason Ed didn't...its all on the internet to watch...
    Ok, times up...
    Will try to get back later to read the funnies... One of Rogers had me giggling already this morning..lets just say Garfield and I had a lot in common this morning. :(
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    My brother watches a lot of the Subchannels off of the cable service, He uses a old Philips DVD recorder of mine that tunes them in as long as they keep transmitting them in the clear.

If the cable company decided to scramble those subchannels the cost of adding them due to the cable box rental fee would pay for having a Antenna mounted on the roof so he could keep watching them.

And at that point Basic Cable could likely go away and only keep the High Speed Internet and to show my displeasure with them drop to a slower tier Internet reducing their income from me. I suspect that the Difference in speeds from the tiers has a minimal cost to them as they use the same equipment for all internet.

The answer to Your question as to why QVC is easy.
    1. I understand that Shopping channels pay to be carried
    2. http://www.cordcutterforum.com/threads/get-qvc-and-hsn-over-the-air.611/
    QVC Over The Air is the result of a partnership between QVC and Ion Media Networks formed in
    2014. QVC is carried on the 5th digital sub-channel on most Ion TV owned and operated stations. The new service began broadcasting in August 2013.

Though it's technically a separate broadcast with it's own lower right corner "on-screen bug", QVC Over The Air features the exact same live programming as its cable cousins. The channel is carried on digital sub-channels in select locations.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    This one has CORNBREAD STUFFING in it! That sounds good to me right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoD2DObJfLM&list=PLkUFQm9t2lDUTkRGfLqVYuJgOi1P3Vt90&index=15
  • parityanimal
    Today's Kroger Friday Freebie is a Hormel® Compleats® microwave meal, any variety (7.5 - 13 oz.). These are very similar to the NS shelf stable microwaveable trays, but with perhaps a bit less attention to specific nutritional statistics.

I've eaten them before, and will certainly use this to get one for free. I just have to decide on WHICH one. Maybe the spaghetti and meat sauce, as it will let me have spaghetti while seriously limiting the portion size.

• RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    If I said I prefer the NS frozen Chicken Parm dinner that has Spaghetti in it to the room temperature dishes ? I do keep a mix of both on hand for Variety however.

I have had a few of those Hormel meals in recent time, Tasty enough. I do wonder who makes the NS Entrees for them.

I am also wondering how the crop devastation and predicted raise in Produce and Fruit prices will effect things.

Whichever One You decide to pickup, Enjoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2017
    Trying to rest my knee as much as possible. It is feeling a LOT better, but we have a pool party tomorrow, Saturday. I didn't get to the BIG grocery store, Kroger, but I did get to the little, nearby grocery, Aldi, and my knee, while not feeling TOO bad, did make it clear that enough was enough and it was time to make my purchases and get on home to lunch and let it rest some more. The pain is lurking in there, I can sense it, but it's remaining dormant for now. I'll try not to be too active at the pool party.

So I'll be up early getting baked beans going. One of the hosts had to drive down to Florida to do something for his mother, so J and I, along with a couple of others, are going to arrive early for the party and help set up, and, I presume, help clean up after. We did some of that at the last one. Again, I'll try to help as much as I can but won't risk getting my knee all bent out of shape.

Summer is creeping to an end, so I don't know how many more pool parties will happen, but I'm sure we'll attend as many as possible.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

64 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 0% chance of rain. Should be a great day for a pool party.

I've been up since 6:15 or so and got the beans into the oven by 6:45, which is pretty good movement for me that close after getting up. Thank goodness I have that procedure burned into my head so well that I could just about do it in my sleep.

My chili cheese dog breakfast is cooking now. I decided the dog portion would be nicer broiled and a bit crispy so that's the holdup, as the toaster oven has not yet dinged. The rest is all microwave.

The cats are to be fed directly after I eat my breakfast.

Never did fold that *KITTEN* laundry yesterday. Maybe this morning...maybe. LOL

Just towels, socks and underwear. Quick refresh and it will be good to go.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking this Morning and still + 0 Cents, Oh well. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 67 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, humidity is still forecast to hang around for a few more days :(

Interesting ? Links, I found them interesting
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/09/14/barbuda-hurricane-irama-devastation/665950001/
    'For first time in 300 years, there’s not a single living person on the island of Barbuda'
    T.J. Raphael, PRI.org Published 11:40 a.m. ET Sept. 14, 2017 | Updated 12:30 p.m. ET Sept. 14, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14/2-florida-men-accused-stealing-utility-pole-in-hurricane-irmas-wake.html
    Tattooed, shirtless looters arrested for stealing power pole as police turn up the heat
    By Travis Fedschun, Published September 14, 2017 Fox News

Not sure I agree with this, You decide

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/artificial-sweeteners-raise-risk-of-type-2-diabetes-study-suggests
    Artificial sweeteners raise risk of type 2 diabetes, study suggests
    Research shows sugar substitutes may affect body’s ability to control glucose levels, but its conclusions are contested

Sarah Boseley Health editor, Wednesday 13 September 2017 19.01 EDT

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/09/13/another-statue-st-junipero-serra-vandalized-california/
    Another statue of St. Junipero Serra vandalized in California
    Crux Staff, September 13, 2017

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    c5Ocf3.jpg

0Xz3IS.jpg
    Chicken Funeral

qn4a6E.gif

0XuITh.jpg

Eyz5ap.jpg

dnpN0M.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Trying to rest my knee as much as possible. It is feeling a LOT better, but we have a pool party tomorrow, Saturday. I didn't get to the BIG grocery store, Kroger, but I did get to the little, nearby grocery, Aldi, and my knee, while not feeling TOO bad, did make it clear that enough was enough and it was time to make my purchases and get on home to lunch and let it rest some more. The pain is lurking in there, I can sense it, but it's remaining dormant for now. I'll try not to be too active at the pool party.

So I'll be up early getting baked beans going. One of the hosts had to drive down to Florida to do something for his mother, so J and I, along with a couple of others, are going to arrive early for the party and help set up, and, I presume, help clean up after. We did some of that at the last one. Again, I'll try to help as much as I can but won't risk getting my knee all bent out of shape.

Summer is creeping to an end, so I don't know how many more pool parties will happen, but I'm sure we'll attend as many as possible.
    Hi Ed
    I would try and rest it if it were my knee also.

Good Luck at the Pool Party. Protect Your knee, the rehab if it needs replacing is no joke.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

64 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 0% chance of rain. Should be a great day for a pool party.

I've been up since 6:15 or so and got the beans into the oven by 6:45, which is pretty good movement for me that close after getting up. Thank goodness I have that procedure burned into my head so well that I could just about do it in my sleep.

My chili cheese dog breakfast is cooking now. I decided the dog portion would be nicer broiled and a bit crispy so that's the holdup, as the toaster oven has not yet dinged. The rest is all microwave.

The cats are to be fed directly after I eat my breakfast.

Never did fold that *KITTEN* laundry yesterday. Maybe this morning...maybe. LOL

Just towels, socks and underwear. Quick refresh and it will be good to go.
    The Sun is shining and the sky is currently cloudless, Temperatures are forecast to be above average today and for a couple more days as they have been for the last couple of days :)

Thursday I had my brother pick up some food from the hot foods section of the ShopRite. After he called with the selection I ended up with tender tasty Roast beef slices and some Slices of Pork Loin. When I looked at the receipt to see what I owed I noticed that one was 0.23 pounds and the other was 0.24 pounds. He could not have gotten closer if he had been trying which he was not doing :) The Pork Loin had a slice if a decent sized Mushroom in with it. I used them as a protein for Lunch and Dinner Friday.

I was a little surprised that You did not toast the bun too? I think I would have unless the Chili was on the Bun. I wish I had the counter space for a Toaster oven as a compliment to the Toaster. I suspect that they do not make one small enough to only hold two slices of bread...

TBH as long as the laundry is dried I wouldn't worry about it if Your knee is bothering You.

Enjoy Your Party
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I use the toaster oven AS the toaster, so there is no competition for space. :)
  • RogerToo
    I use the toaster oven AS the toaster, so there is no competition for space. :)

Hi Ed
    if You could indulge me, How good a job does it do? I use the Toaster more for heating the NS French Toast, Pancakes and Waffles which I buy from the Dollar Store, I can get them in Blueberry flavor or plain and three servings per Box is a lot cheaper than the NS Waffles and Pancakes.

Any feedback to offer, I have never used one so I am guessing it does one side at a time?

Thank You
    Roger