Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Can we REALLY eat as much as we want? And how much do we want, anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98J4e5QLt4
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Laundry going, dishwasher emptied, cat boxes cleaned, breakfast banana eaten...hmmm, Must be Monday!! :)
    Ed, did you watch the 'eat as much as you want video? I quit at #8. "Kale, like any other edible seaweed...." Really? Kale is a seaweed? I chuckled to myself when they called the colander a 'COE-lander' but the kale was more than I could take!!! LOL. Oh my!!!
    Maybe its a Russian plot to confuse us?

Roger, its been awhile since you found any cents on your daily walks. Maybe its time to change your route? LOL! And I'm like you...avoid 'all you can eat' places. Its almost like a challenge don't you think?

Laundry calls...

Later...

• parityanimal
    Good Morning!
    Laundry going, dishwasher emptied, cat boxes cleaned, breakfast banana eaten...hmmm, Must be Monday!! :)
    Ed, did you watch the 'eat as much as you want video? I quit at #8. "Kale, like any other edible seaweed...." Really? Kale is a seaweed? I chuckled to myself when they called the colander a 'COE-lander' but the kale was more than I could take!!! LOL. Oh my!!!

Roger, its been awhile since you found any cents on your daily walks. Maybe its time to change your route? LOL! And I'm like you...avoid 'all you can eat' places. Its almost like a challenge don't you think?

Laundry calls...

Later...

I did watch it. I love all these "factual" videos that are made of bits and pieces of unverified information that someone found and decided to share as gospel! Usually some is true and some is not and some is nonsense!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    yUTDJu.jpg

oQpObn.jpg

lQceCf.jpg

LCO9ge.jpg

DSbqrS.jpg

L6ewvs.jpg

ukcfhk.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 29 on the porch. Today is forecast to be in the 50s and today and tomorrow are predicted to be dry with rain for Thursday and Friday.

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/tessa-virtue-olympics-ratings-low-end-sochi-pyeongchang-nbc-1202302679/
    Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night

https://apnews.com/9af7d38ed96540e5852f5cd6c08ae50a
    Christians shutter famous Jerusalem church to protest taxes

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/blogs/2017/07/07/tpd-man-tried-rob-gas-station-beer-sword/459236001/
    TPD: Man tried to rob convenience store for a beer — with a sword

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/environment/2017/06/24/lightning-killed-52-florida-injured-hundreds-more-over-last-decade/408755001/
    Lightning killed 52 in Florida, injured hundreds more over last decade

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/26/its-not-just-you-everybody-exhausted/372030002/
    No, it's not just you, everybody is exhausted. And no, it's not getting better

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Laundry calls...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If I said I do not think them challenging if You exclude the challenge of trying not to overeat. What happens to us is we paid for it and get into the mood of wanting to get our money's worth in food.

I change my route daily and do not tend to repeat a route two days in a row :smile: The problem is that there are only so many paths that I can take.

I hope to do better finding money as it warms up outside and more people get out and about.

BTW is the Factory grown meat acceptable to a vegetarian (vegan) if it is grown in a vat and not from a animal ?

Thanks
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Laundry calls...

Later...

I did watch it. I love all these "factual" videos that are made of bits and pieces of unverified information that someone found and decided to share as gospel! Usually some is true and some is not and some is nonsense!
    Hi Ed
    The problem with videos that are mixed is that I am 100% sure some people take them as accurate and if You do not have the knowledge how can You tell what is accurate and what isn't ?

The Ones You link regarding Chinese food are interesting as are some others from the same page.

Yesterday I used a 1/2 cup of Leftover Chinese Rice, Canned Peas and diced up some leftover Chicken and Fried them together in the Cast Iron with some butter as the oil, Nice and Tasty and this morning the scale was kindly. Today I will use up the rest of the rice, peas and chicken as a repeat meal and then back to 100% NS for Wednesday.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 out there now with an expected high of 65 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've been up since about 7:00 but distracted by the usual stuff. I've eaten (sourdough toast with butter, slightly spicy vegetarian "sausage" patties, and scrambled eggs. Dinah had a small bite of scrambled eggs with just salt. Cats have been given breakfast, and the sink is cleared into the dishwasher, which is running.

I found two symbols on the bottom of the cat food bowls that looked mostly like this:

6s3oa2ltnei6.jpeg

so I take it NOT dishwasher safe,

and also

cloj3zndijsr.jpg

so I take it NOT microwave safe either.

So even on days when the dishwasher is running, the cat food bowls will not be in there. I would never have thought of putting them in the microwave anyway, but just as well to know for sure.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Superman "meets" Batman. Almost anyway. Rather clever mashup of the old Batman serial and the Superman television show in black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patkZ-NTLlc
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2018
    Take with a grain of salt. Or maybe at least get a good giggle or two from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGL3Q7QC5bQ
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2018
    Rather hefty lunch today, in celebration of National Pancake Day. Dinner will be correspondingly light I think.

And I can have leftover pancakes as part of tomorrow's breakfast! It's impossible to make pancakes from scratch and not have leftovers in this house, as neither of us is going to eat half of a full recipe's worth.

f1vpbwpdd7d0.jpg

• parityanimal
    Dinner was just spoon bread (home made, by me) and some Harvest Vegetable Soup from Aldi. I added just a bit of spice and garlic to the soup.
  • RogerToo
    olj4fX.jpg

MRSrKC.jpg

mLjCWO.jpg

dcEyKg.jpg

wPTBBz.jpg

lNIox6.jpg

7vDOgk.jpg

This is a picture of a local reservoir taken by my brother
    MFbMit.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 31 on the porch. Today is forecast to be in the high 50s possibly 60 today is predicted to be dry with rain arriving later in the day on Thursday and heavy Friday.

I had two of the Turkey and Stuffing Shelf Stable meals that came in the Holiday pack and I had one of them Yesterday as my Lunch. It was free as I would not have ordered it. I will admit it was tastier than I had remembered from when I originally tried it, And they get some crunch into the stuffing, likely from Celery. The Turkey was as bland as I had remembered it as it is a shaped and formed turkey loaf, However with the Gravy it was OK.

I would Bet a lot of money that I am remembering correctly about the Chicken and BBQ Beans :( It is now 230 calories, in a different tray with a different gravy for the chicken whereas in the past the Chicken picked up a nice flavor from the beans and the chicken is much smaller and I believe the beans are fewer too. As I remember it in the past the Calorie count for it was 290 but it was tasty. Now I am sorry I still have some in the cupboard after having the first of the resized one the other day. Drat !

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/25/uber-lyft-congest-cities/
    Studies are increasingly clear: Uber, Lyft congest cities

This is just so sad not to mention weird
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/02/26/children-tech-pencil-writing/
    Kids Use Tech So Much They Can’t Hold A Pencil Anymore, Doctors Say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2018/02/25/kentucky-tornadoes-flooding-severe-weather/371063002/
    Flood fears rise as wicked storm system tears across southern, central U.S.
    Susan Miller,Doyle Rice and Thomas Novelly, USA TODAY Updated 10:23 a.m. ET Feb. 26, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/26/los-angeles-burbs-crack-down-on-huge-homeless-camp-near-disneyland-fearing-new-skid-row.html
    ‘National disgrace’: Community fights back as California overrun by homelessness, human waste, needles

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/millennials-are-fattest-generation-in-history-z2ptrf7cz#
    Millennials are fattest generation in history

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5434957/Eating-vegetables-slashes-peoples-risk-depression.html
    Eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains slashes depression risk by more than 10%

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 out there now with an expected high of 65 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've been up since about 7:00 but distracted by the usual stuff. I've eaten (sourdough toast with butter, slightly spicy vegetarian "sausage" patties, and scrambled eggs. Dinah had a small bite of scrambled eggs with just salt. Cats have been given breakfast, and the sink is cleared into the dishwasher, which is running.

I found two symbols on the bottom of the cat food bowls that looked mostly like this:

6s3oa2ltnei6.jpeg

so I take it NOT dishwasher safe,

and also

cloj3zndijsr.jpg

so I take it NOT microwave safe either.

So even on days when the dishwasher is running, the cat food bowls will not be in there. I would never have thought of putting them in the microwave anyway, but just as well to know for sure.
    Hi Ed
    Just curious, Salt on eggs for the cat, Were they cooked in butter, Olive Oil or Vegetable oil.

How hard would it have been to make the cat food bowls dishwasher safe considering how many people use dishwashers. I'm guessing that if they were dishwasher safe they would also be Microwave safe, OTOH why would anyone heat cat food ?
    Rather hefty lunch today, in celebration of National Pancake Day. Dinner will be correspondingly light I think.

And I can have leftover pancakes as part of tomorrow's breakfast! It's impossible to make pancakes from scratch and not have leftovers in this house, as neither of us is going to eat half of a full recipe's worth.

f1vpbwpdd7d0.jpg
    Drat, I forgot about national Pancake day and I do have a couple of packets of NS pancake mix. They would have been tasty with a little sweetener and maple extract.

That Breakfast looked so tasty too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 50 out there now with an expected high of only 59 and 100% chance of precipitation. If I get out at all it will just be to Aldi. I do need some paper towels but as I just put the last roll (double size) on the dispenser this morning, I can probably wait until tomorrow.

Breakfast this morning was the rest of the pancakes, along with chicken fried pork cube steak, using, this time, self rising flour for a softer outer texture. I think it also makes a slight difference in the gravy, which I did make, of course, using some of the excess seasoned flour and all of the milk used for dredging, but not enough of a difference in the gravy to matter. I always imagine I detect a slight difference in the "texture" of the gravy too, when using self rising flour, but that may just be my imagination. I doubt the average person would notice any difference. They MIGHT notice that the texture of the fried coating on the steak is a bit softer. Just a bit.

At any rate it was delicious and there is a piece of fried steak left for tomorrow and some leftover gravy too. I think tomorrow's breakfast will be nice, if I don't eat it for lunch today. :)

Dinah approved of the gravy, and she got to lick some up on a paper plate. Lilo and Kiara declined.

I still need to wash up the knife I'll use to divvy up the cat food in a bit, but all the rest of the "sink" cleanup is done, including, of course, my largest cast iron skillet, which is all washed, dried, and has it's usual very thin coat of "after cleaning" oil applied to the cooking surface.

Dinah is jonesing for food now, but she can wait. She did have s snack of gravy after all, albeit not much of one...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    I totally get this video. When I had miniature dachshunds, many moons ago, I could not do this sort of exercising in the house. I had to go to a nearby public park that, luckily, had equipment, including push up bars near the ground, that would allow me to do it there. Sometimes I was alone and sometimes there would be another person doing it. There was also a 1/3 mile track around the perimeter of the park for walking/running, and a soccer field. Sometimes there would be soccer practice going on too. It was a rather nice park in Memphis, and I kind of miss it. I was able to walk maybe 1/4 mile to get there, do my exercising, and be home in not much more than an hour or hour and a half.

I can't do this in the house with cats either. They either want to help or want me to play with them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTt0vRQQ9M