Kids try barbecue from 10 states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTg2qgI9EsQ
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    German kids try Kraft dinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVspuIlsNc
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 39 with an expected high of 67 and no chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls washed, and get the cats fed. There is also still some folding of laundry to be done, but I DID get a little over half of it done yesterday and all of it is out of the dryer. It's just sitting on top, waiting to be folded.

We may go to Marietta today for a flea market benefiting the Good Mews Foundation, a large cat rescue operation. As far as I know they are not adopting out cats, but just selling stuff to make money. We may go, just to see what kind of stuff people have donated for the sale. Sure don't want to bring back any fleas from the flea market though!
    Hi Again
    Bringing back fleas would be a bad thing :wink:

I ran across this in another message thread so I put it here since it works for me :smiley:
    njvCfs.jpg

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    lnklxm.gif

C41uzY.gif

m8M9py.gif

BKGP22.gif

uCDEcJ.gif

BP57R2.gif

fQ8UhE.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 44 degrees and the sky is somewhat cloudy. There is snow in the forecast for tomorrow.
    While walking I could hear Woodpeckers pecking away :)

Happy Easter
    FHXv27.jpg

https://www.studyfinds.org/quarter-americans-never-rarely-carry-cash-anymore/
    Cashed Out: Quarter Of Americans Never Or Rarely Carry Cash Anymore

https://pjmedia.com/faith/venezuela-famine-churches-even-face-shortage-communion-wafers-easter/
    Venezuela Famine: Churches Even Face Shortage in Communion Wafers Before Easter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5558803/Out-control-Chinese-space-station-fiery-crash-landing-Earth-69-HOURS-April.html
    The countdown begins! Out-of-control Chinese space station's fiery crash to Earth is due on Easter Sunday (but scientists still don't know where it will land)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/692728/Stansted-airport-fire-emergency-carpark
    Stansted Airport evacuated after shuttle bus bursts into flames

https://apnews.com/c2e7621bda224e2db2f8c654c9203a09/Could-enemies-sabotage-undersea-cables-linking-the-world
    Could enemies target undersea cables that link the world?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/georgia-senate-passes-bill-that-criminalizes-unauthorized-pen-tests/
    Georgia Senate Passes Bill That Criminalizes Unauthorized computer Penetration Tests

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

40 out there now with an expected high of 67 and no chance of precipitation. I need to get to it on Easter dinner as we have a birthday party this evening to attend. I need to get dinner on by 1:00 or so at the latest.

Eduardo was trying to stay awake last night thinking of last minute twists to the food but I think, especially since we are going to the party after, that I'll try to keep it simple. Maybe just my ham, some potato salad, deviled eggs, and my mother's sweet and sour pineapple cole slaw. I had thought of an appetizer of Neufchatel cheese, whipped up and mixed with some of the pineapple, as that would make a lovely spread for crackers, but, again, PARTY AFTER. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Also, had thought of adding a bread but J doesn't really eat much bread and if I'm having potato salad, I don't need bread. J also has the option (already given) to select a hot potato casserole if he wants and he might want! And Eduardo had thought of some kind of cheesy noodle side dish. PARTY AFTER. That needs to be my mantra...

We don't know what food, aside from the, presumably, obligatory cake, will be served at the party, so it might be best to eat before we go anyway. However, it's someone's 60th birthday so I rather suspect there will be more than just cake.

Still need to finish folding that pile of clothes sitting on the dryer. LOL.

Happy Easter and Happy April Fools Day!

toi4n0ev1zmm.jpg

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Foods you should never cook in your slow cooker? Take with a very LARGE grain of salt. I've not watched yet but see chicken listed, as well as dried beans. I've cooked chicken PARTS many a time and at least once did a whole chicken, with no problems. Now I can see that doing a whole, very large chicken could be risky, possibly.

I've also done dried beans (after soaking) many a time and they are wonderful done in a slow cooker so I'm interested in seeing if they mean starting them from dry IN the slow cooker or even after soaking. I know they can be done starting from dry (at least rinsed of course) but doing so is likely to make them more gassy than most people might like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZvUGJJZAM
  • parityanimal
    Now, for dessert, how Girl Scout cookies are made. I'm sure no Girl Scouts were harmed in the making of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWp5WAFGV60
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2018
    And...how it's made: Doughnuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYKZCJ7wlU
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning. Happy Easter!
    Sun is shining, a bit chilly, but looks to be a perfect day.

Like Ed, trying not to get too carried away with meal plans. I don't have an event this evening, but just don't want to 'over burden' my brain OR my waistline!

Roger, its high time you start collecting some pennies again! LOL!

Easter lunch here will be very 'non-traditional'. Ted and I are having Baked Tofu, Tabouli, Hummus with pita chips, and,,,wait for it....one of my fav. non-chocolate desserts..baklava! (the baklava courtesy of Whole Foods)!

Tom spent the night outside last night. Wonder what his 'mood' will be when I let him in for breakfast???? Hope I get to keep all my limbs and skin intact! He is becoming one really grumpy cat! And as I typed that, Tom E. himself appeared on the back porch! He was hungry, and ate, then needed some 'lovin' time, and was ready to go back outside! :)

I need to get going. Table is cleared, but needs a clean cloth for dinner, and I should wash the parsley so it has time to dry, etc.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

40 out there now with an expected high of 67 and no chance of precipitation. I need to get to it on Easter dinner as we have a birthday party this evening to attend. I need to get dinner on by 1:00 or so at the latest.

Eduardo was trying to stay awake last night thinking of last minute twists to the food but I think, especially since we are going to the party after, that I'll try to keep it simple. Maybe just my ham, some potato salad, deviled eggs, and my mother's sweet and sour pineapple cole slaw. I had thought of an appetizer of Neufchatel cheese, whipped up and mixed with some of the pineapple, as that would make a lovely spread for crackers, but, again, PARTY AFTER. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Also, had thought of adding a bread but J doesn't really eat much bread and if I'm having potato salad, I don't need bread. J also has the option (already given) to select a hot potato casserole if he wants and he might want! And Eduardo had thought of some kind of cheesy noodle side dish. PARTY AFTER. That needs to be my mantra...

We don't know what food, aside from the, presumably, obligatory cake, will be served at the party, so it might be best to eat before we go anyway. However, it's someone's 60th birthday so I rather suspect there will be more than just cake.

Still need to finish folding that pile of clothes sitting on the dryer. LOL.

Happy Easter and Happy April Fools Day!
    Hi Ed
    Hmm... I already dynamited my days calories :(
    I went to the whole foods to get some fresh fruit and passed by their Breakfast Bar, Big mistake. I ended up with Some Tasty bacon, Sausage, Eggs, A touch of Hash browns, Chunks of Potatoes, a Piece if Quiche Lorraine, Corn bread and something called Bread Brazilian Cheese Padoca :(:(
    I should know by now to blitz through a place like that wearing blinders :smiley:

I always liked Cottage Cheese with Drained Crushed Pineapple in it.
    Foods you should never cook in your slow cooker? Take with a very LARGE grain of salt. I've not watched yet but see chicken listed, as well as dried beans. I've cooked chicken PARTS many a time and at least once did a whole chicken, with no problems. Now I can see that doing a whole, very large chicken could be risky, possibly.

I've also done dried beans (after soaking) many a time and they are wonderful done in a slow cooker so I'm interested in seeing if they mean starting them from dry IN the slow cooker or even after soaking. I know they can be done starting from dry (at least rinsed of course) but doing so is likely to make them more gassy than most people might like.
    Lets be honest about it on the Internet anybody can be an expert no matter how uninformed they are.
    I'm not sure how doing the beans only rinsed instead of soaked can make them gassy ?
    And...how it's made: Doughnuts!
    I have seen different methods of making Donuts on the TV from Cake Donuts to Yeast Donuts to French Crullers in the past...

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning. Happy Easter!
    Sun is shining, a bit chilly, but looks to be a perfect day.

Like Ed, trying not to get too carried away with meal plans. I don't have an event this evening, but just don't want to 'over burden' my brain OR my waistline!

Roger, its high time you start collecting some pennies again! LOL!

Easter lunch here will be very 'non-traditional'. Ted and I are having Baked Tofu, Tabouli, Hummus with pita chips, and,,,wait for it....one of my fav. non-chocolate desserts..baklava! (the baklava courtesy of Whole Foods)!

Tom spent the night outside last night. Wonder what his 'mood' will be when I let him in for breakfast???? Hope I get to keep all my limbs and skin intact! He is becoming one really grumpy cat! And as I typed that, Tom E. himself appeared on the back porch! He was hungry, and ate, then needed some 'lovin' time, and was ready to go back outside! :)

I need to get going. Table is cleared, but needs a clean cloth for dinner, and I should wash the parsley so it has time to dry, etc.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    To late, I already overloaded my Waistline and my brothers traditional Easter Egg Basket does not help.
    I have not decided if I want to eat anything for teh rest of the day after the Whole Foods Breakfast Bar disaster.

Talk about a non traditional Easter Meal :wink:

If I said I would rather find Quarters and Dollar Bills ????

Have a Happy Holiday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Well, I did it! I kept it simple!

Dinner.

fmw1h7spyqde.jpg

Dessert. ALL that the Easter Bunny brought (so far) this year. For me, having at least one Cadbury egg is an Easter tradition. Aldi had the four pack so that's what the bunny brought. I haven't actually eaten one yet but will eat one shortly.

4agoqs87sueh.jpg

I have a little...ok a LOT of leftover Easter ham, but that's normal. I bought a bone in half ham, butt end, that was just a little over 7 pounds. Baked it with some pineapple juice in the bottom of the pan, glazed it with a mixture of pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey, ginger, clove, and black pepper.

There is also, of course, a meaty ham bone chilling in the fridge that will move to the freezer when it's cooled a bit more.

ks7dagyg4gqp.jpg

• parityanimal
    We are back from the party. They did, in fact, have plenty of food. At first, veggies, fruit, cheese, shrimp, and salmon as appetizers with assorted crackers and some slices of mini-baguette. There was a bar with sodas, two kinds of wine (one red, one white) and some kind of vodka cranberry mixed drink as the featured drink.

There was a short concert of Beethoven works by a trio with an oboe, a flute and (I think) a French horn but it might have been another woodwind. I couldn't see it and the announcement system made everyone sound like Charlie Brown's parents.

Then supper/dinner was served. Roasted seasonal vegetables, roasted potatoes with sweet potatoes, bell peppers and onion, some long wiggly macaroni stuff with veggies (that's THREE vegetarian items) and then some sliced turkey in gravy and some sliced ham in a slightly sweet sauce.

Despite having ham for Easter lunch/dinner at home I did have a small slice of theirs just to see how it was. And some of the turkey and all three vegetarian dishes. The food was all good, and after that there was cake and assorted candy truffles. I had several small glasses of red wine (Merlot) from the bar too.

Dancing filled the place where the concert had been, and went on for quite some time. We left about an hour before the official end of the party, and by that time over half the people had apparently left.

Out of approximately 100 guests, we knew about a dozen, which was just enough to make us feel comfortable enough to hang around in such a large crowd. Neither of us is good with crowds. Toward the end, J did bug out to a quieter part of the hotel for a while and then we left.

Now I need to do the cat boxes and the garbage and recycles and then to bed I think! It's been a long day but a good one.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Qna4Ce.jpg

SwfRk7.gif

s7tPSF.jpg
    Yum Yum

9hWtpP.gif

tO4Luo.jpg
    True

TFPa7G.gif

4TgZK8.jpg
    Also True

FOcRYw.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 42 degrees and the snow in the forecast for today was starting to fall as I went out the door. When I left the snow had not started to accumulate, that has changed by the time I returned home there was around an inch on the sidewalks and roads and more than that on the lawns.
    So much for the weather forecast that the snow would not start to accumulate on the roads until later in the day. Hopefully their prediction that the snow will melt away quickly after it ends is better :)

I hope You had a Happy Easter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5565179/Mind-reading-machine-translate-thoughts-display-text.html
    No more secrets! New mind-reading machine can translate your thoughts and display them as text INSTANTLY

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tiangong-1-tracking-the-chinese-satellite-falling-to-earth/
    Tiangong 1: Tracking the Chinese satellite falling to Earth

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/31/nokia-3310-t9-phone-smartphone-iphone-reclaim-life
    I've decided to reclaim my life – by using an old Nokia phone

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5563435/How-swallow-114-pieces-plastic-meal.html
    How we swallow 114 pieces of plastic with every meal: Household dust containing soft furnishings and synthetic fabrics fall onto dinner plates before being consumed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/03/30/tesla-says-autopilot-self-driving-system-engaged-fatal-crash/475346002/
    Tesla says Autopilot self-driving system engaged in fatal crash

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article207281029.html
    Doctors in violent Venezuela work under threat of death if patients die

https://nypost.com/2018/03/30/unruly-passenger-puts-cabbie-through-taxi-ride-from-hell/
    Unruly passenger puts cabbie through taxi ride from hell

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well, I did it! I kept it simple!

Dinner.
    Dessert. ALL that the Easter Bunny brought (so far) this year. For me, having at least one Cadbury egg is an Easter tradition. Aldi had the four pack so that's what the bunny brought. I haven't actually eaten one yet but will eat one shortly.

I have a little...ok a LOT of leftover Easter ham, but that's normal. I bought a bone in half ham, butt end, that was just a little over 7 pounds. Baked it with some pineapple juice in the bottom of the pan, glazed it with a mixture of pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey, ginger, clove, and black pepper.

There is also, of course, a meaty ham bone chilling in the fridge that will move to the freezer when it's cooled a bit more.
    Hi Ed
    I saw a tiny portion of the Dinner image and nothing of the other two, I wonder if it is a MFP issue or something on my end. Having said that by highlighting the links to the images and opening in a new tab I was able to view them so I believe that eliminates a problem with where they are hosted.

Those are some nice looking pieces of Ham :smiley:
    We Have the free Ham from the ShopRite in the Refrigerator, We chose the end that is better meat and less bone even though it means that paid an extra $0.10 a pound for it. I like Ham baked with Crushed Pineapple as part of the coating on it.
    We are back from the party. They did, in fact, have plenty of food. At first, veggies, fruit, cheese, shrimp, and salmon as appetizers with assorted crackers and some slices of mini-baguette. There was a bar with sodas, two kinds of wine (one red, one white) and some kind of vodka cranberry mixed drink as the featured drink.

There was a short concert of Beethoven works by a trio with an oboe, a flute and (I think) a French horn but it might have been another woodwind. I couldn't see it and the announcement system made everyone sound like Charlie Brown's parents.

Then supper/dinner was served. Roasted seasonal vegetables, roasted potatoes with sweet potatoes, bell peppers and onion, some long wiggly macaroni stuff with veggies (that's THREE vegetarian items) and then some sliced turkey in gravy and some sliced ham in a slightly sweet sauce.

Despite having ham for Easter lunch/dinner at home I did have a small slice of theirs just to see how it was. And some of the turkey and all three vegetarian dishes. The food was all good, and after that there was cake and assorted candy truffles. I had several small glasses of red wine (Merlot) from the bar too.

Dancing filled the place where the concert had been, and went on for quite some time. We left about an hour before the official end of the party, and by that time over half the people had apparently left.

Out of approximately 100 guests, we knew about a dozen, which was just enough to make us feel comfortable enough to hang around in such a large crowd. Neither of us is good with crowds. Toward the end, J did bug out to a quieter part of the hotel for a while and then we left.

Now I need to do the cat boxes and the garbage and recycles and then to bed I think! It's been a long day but a good one.
    That sounds like some fancy party. Live music too...

I think I would have went for the Turkey in gravy vs the Ham with ham at home, Likely the Vegetables and tried to ignore the Pasta.

I do not care for large gatherings, a large part of that is the noise that seems to happen from everybody talking :smile:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi, Quick update, Whatever the problem is with the images it seems to be OK now. I closed the post and then in FireFox I went to History and selected the page from the "Recently Closed Tabs" selection and they look OK, I wonder if reloading the page when I noticed the problem would also have worked?
    I'll never know as I did not think to try it. Oh Well....

Cheers
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 53 now with an expected high of 79 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've eaten, and cleared the sink except for the cat bowls from yesterday. I thought about ham and eggs, maybe with a biscuit, but decided to hold off and maybe make that for lunch or for tomorrow's breakfast. J's lunch can be some of the potato salad and some more deviled eggs, I think, unless he would prefer something fresh, like breakfasty food. If he wants that, then I am pretty sure I'll have ham and eggs for my lunch. And that biscuit. Regardless, I'll have some more of the slaw, as slaw doesn't keep all that well and needs to be eaten up relatively quickly. I think it will be a large portion of my lunch and probably dinner as well today.

I did reserve some of the boiled eggs to make him some fresh deviled eggs. It's rare for me to make them except on holidays, and in their aftermath, though once in a great while I'll make them out of the blue.

The rarity of my making them, and making his grandmother's potato salad, helps to keep them as special treats for him rather than customary, every day type foods. I think he appreciates that and really wants it that way, as he won't get tired of some of his favorite foods then.

While I could use a few things from the store, I think I'll wait until tomorrow or even Wednesday to allow some of the half price Easter candy to disappear.