Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    g8bfk2.jpg

nD3aVT.gif

iXxuEP.jpg

o42g07.gif

3MfoOV.jpg

SkQZN7.gif

5qmLdT.jpg

N52UgV.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees and comfortable. The Weather for Halloween is forecast for a high in the 60s, Whoopee.

The frozen portion of my NS order arrived at 3:25 PM and was checked in and stored away in the freezer by 4:10PM.
    The Non Frozen portion shows as leaving West Virginia at 11:51PM Tuesday evening, Hmm...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/upshot/a-sense-of-alarm-as-rural-hospitals-keep-closing.html
    A Sense of Alarm as Rural Hospitals Keep Closing

https://www.studyfinds.org/declining-trust-americans-sending-grave-sooner/
    Declining Trust Among Americans May Be Sending Many To Grave Sooner

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaccine-billboards-appear-several-states-104234260.html
    Anti-vaccine billboards appear in several states

Good, I do not want to smell the smoke either
    https://www.westword.com/news/marijuana-smell-lawsuit-that-could-endanger-colorado-pot-biz-goes-to-trial-10952118
    Marijuana Smell Lawsuit That Could Endanger Colorado Pot Biz Goes to Trial

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 42 F/6 C with an expected high of 71 F/22 C and 0% chance of precipitation.

I did actually get out to Publix yesterday for a few groceries and I did actually get the laundry folded and put away. Surprisingly, this wasn't because of needing the dryer for another load. I haven't actually done any additional loads so both machines will sit empty for a few days.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. My breakfast was French Fried cheese sandwich with bacon on the side and the remainder of the French Toast egg/milk mixture scrambled up as a small, very light, fluffy, plain omelet sort of thing. It was all quite tasty.
    RogerToo wrote: »

I guess it would be filling with the addition of the Naan Pieces. What sort of taste did the Veggie Patties have, something unique or a imitation meat taste ? Just being curious :blush:
    J would not want an imitation meat taste so I don't buy stuff like that unless it's for me to eat. For example I LOVE the Morningstar Farms vegan sausage patties, in all three flavors! Regular, maple, and spicy, hot. I especially love the spicy hot. They're not terribly hot, but just enough to make you notice.

The Golden veggie patties seem to be made of potatoes and other veggies and have the texture (almost) of a hash brown patty but maybe a bit crispier and a bit chewier. Here's what they look like.

https://www.publix.com/pd/golden-pancakes-vegetable/RIO-PCI-156498
    Hi Ed
    I'm not surprised that the laundry got folded, for everything there is a time.

The Cheese Sandwich was fried in the Skillet ? I suspect that I might have cooked the bacon, drained the grease off of it and then put in in the Fried Cheese Sandwich, I love a Grilled Cheese with Bacon Sandwich, the trick is to use the right amount of bacon, not too much and not to little.

Since I like Regular and Maple bacon or pancakes those might be OK excluding the Spicy Hot ones.
    I think it's at least $25 too much...and WAY too much food, but it does look rather tasty. Yes, I know truffles are expensive so maybe it's not REALLY $25 too much. At least $35 is affordable. Sometimes.
    I have never had truffles nor do I plan to try them as I might find them to be to tasty :)
    Regular (real) elotes sound delicious. Since I think candy corn should have been mentioned in Leviticus as an abomination, this version doesn't sound delicious to me, but it does look interesting and innovative.
    According to my brother the traditionalist Halloween requires Candy Corn, Thanksgiving requires Roast Turkey, and Easter Ham and Yellow Peeps for example. Candy Corn IMO is OK, Just way high in sugar and calories.
    Coq Au Vin is actually one of my favorite dishes, at least when Eduardo gets in the mood to make it. Here's one person's take on how to do that.
    No doubt since You do like Vino. There are likely as many variations on the recipe as there are chefs making it.

Minor Rant, I am not a fan of taking traditional dishes and changing them, Not to mention Fusion and Molecular Gastronomy, End Rant.
    Tonight's fried "rice" that I made for dinner. It's really fried riced cauliflower. Delicious.
    I thought You might use real rice ? Cauliflower seems to be the go to substitute for many dishes.
    BTW the Riced Cauliflower did not look like rice, It did look tasty however. I think I would like to try making that dish one day as I am trying to avoid rice, Is it a one for one substitute ?
    Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning (Tuesday 10.30.18)
    Today WILL be a nap day. Woke a bit after 3...read on the iPad, snoozed, played a Suduko, nodded off, etc. Till I decided at 7:30 that I would be getting up.

I still have not found the Halloween candy. :(. Still have a few drawers to open. ARG.

I'm not so sure the pipe bombs were 'duds'...I'll keep eyes out to see what exactly they did find at our Post Office. or I could go back and read old news...naw...lol!!

Today is going to be a cleaning day..as well as a search day. I counted 30 drawers in various places from desk to chest of drawers, etc...in my bedroom alone. I was shocked. My biggest complaint in my room is that I need more drawers....well, obviously not! I think I know where the next 'purge' will happen!! OMG..30 drawers...outrageous.
    Hi Valerie
    This bedroom has one dresser with 6 drawers and one closet :smiley:

Good Luck finding the Candy.
    Ted's coming tomorrow to do some yard work. There are a few leaves..but these big maples are still about 99% green. The leaves are from other parts of my yard, and that big oak tree 2 yards over, etc. (its shedding leaves early this year. Not sure that's a good thing.) Well, it will give him a small taste of what's to come.

The 3 tiered insert for my IP is something I bought separate from Amazon..beautiful stainless steel..could be used anywhere. I may not make cake, but I can easily see cooking 2 or 3 vegetables at one time, if they were not to be used together (as in mixed up together). I also bought the clear glass lid to the IP that can be used when the IP is used as a slow cooker, or to make yoghurt. ick,... Those additions make one piece of equipment replace several kitchen appliances. Win/win at my house.

Sent the Bible joke to several people...we'll see if they laughed as hard as I did. Love jokes like that, when you don't see the end (punchline) coming!

(today is supposed to be 71 for the high, and 77 tomorrow!! YAY!!!!)
    Not to many leaves here yet either. OTOH You do have to store the three tiered insert when not in use.

I like a Glass lid on the Rice Cooker for example and We have a glass lid for the cast iron skillet too.

I liked the Bible Joke too. I'm glad it was useful.
    I'd love to try the veg. pancakes, unfortunately I read the list of ingredients. Eggs. Which reminds me of one of the articles I read this morning. It seems as though the next allergen to be listed on food packages will be Sesame Seeds..like on buns..or tahini, etc. What are we doing wrong with our children? (my answer?) We're keeping the little dudes too clean. They need pets like dogs/cats, and they (the kids) need to get dirty! My generation kids made mud pies, and played in the lawn, or were sent to pull garden weeds, etc. We picked tomatoes off the vine and popped them in our mouths before the were 'sanitized' ok, washed by our mothers, etc. I know my boys ate their 'teaspoon' of dirt...and so did Olivia and Nate. (Nate ate sand at the beach like it was an exotic dessert!) I was there on at least one occasion when O helped herself to a mouth full of garden dirt...my DIL looked to see if I was horrified...no I was not. I just laughed, knowing she probably would grow out of it. I did find some veg patties at Aldi's..frozen..and they are good!! Really like them.

Ok, look my coffee is cold, and I've got much to do.. Jack calls today at 4, I may very well show up later.

Have a great day....Roger I hope your weather is sufficiently cold to be enjoyable to you...and I hope Ed is going to enjoy our sunshine and warmth!

Later...
    Eggs, Oh well. I have no doubt that You are correct that keeping things to sanitary for today's children. I have read that one of the treatments for Peanut allergies is to introduce small amounts in the food.

I really do need to read the ingredients lists more closely.

I tried Chow Fun Monday, a bit too hot and it tasted of Black Pepper, other than those nit picks it was tasty enough. The Wide Rice Noodles make it a very long time before I order it again.

Yuck, Cold Coffee, Luckily a Microwave can cure that. That is one difference between my brother and I, He can drink Cold Coffee or Iced Coffee.

Today with the highs in the upper 60s according to the forecast the sun has quite a bit of overnight cold to overcome.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    edited October 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 49/9 with an expected high of 76/25 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And need to get me and the cats fed up. Or rather fed. :)

Maybe a little housework today.

I thought You might use real rice ? Cauliflower seems to be the go to substitute for many dishes.
    BTW the Riced Cauliflower did not look like rice, It did look tasty however. I think I would like to try making that dish one day as I am trying to avoid rice, Is it a one for one substitute ?

That depends on how you define one for one I suppose. Volume is one for one. About the same volume of riced cauliflower that I would normally use of rice. Weight may not be the same, of course. I didn't weigh it to see.

This is the first time I have tried riced cauliflower in lieu of rice. I had been wanting to try it for some time, as I love fried rice and both J and I can make it, and make it very well if I do say so myself. I taught him how to make it and honestly think that he may make it even better than I do! But carbs. Rice is heavy on carbs. When I (or J) make fried rice I generally limit myself to just a small amount, and it's usually not enough to satisfy me without add-ons to make the meal bulkier.

With riced cauliflower though, the carbs are minimized and I can have a larger, more satisfying portion, as I did last night. J and I were both quite pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out, and we both had nice, satisfying portions. To be fair, he would have had a nice, satisfying portion even if I had used real rice, but I would not have.

I have, in the past, occasionally (for myself anyway) made mashed cauliflower in lieu of mashed potatoes. As with the fried rice, the end result isn't quite the same taste, but if you make the mashed cauliflower with a little butter and milk (or cream) and add some salt and pepper, it's pretty tasty and satisfying and, as with the riced cauliflower, I can eat a nice portion without blowing the carbs.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2018
    It's Stuart's 2018 Halloween special!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJv21UMMtc
  • parityanimal
    I think if your compost pile gets hot enough to cook food in that you aren't turning it often enough and are risking a fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaIxMA1U2g
  • RogerToo
    IoYkRd.jpg

wmASNC.gif

j4EeQj.jpg

s3w0pY.gif

AM9WYD.jpg
    Fail

r91s5V.gif

ocedeV.jpg

TAnDb7.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 53. The Halloween Weather was nice, sunny and fairly warm. As a result the trick or treaters were able to show off their costumes. We had 108 Trick or Treaters, That cost us 54 dollars as we handed out 1/2 Dollars as usual.

Two blocks from the house on the outbound leg three Deer ran across the street ahead of me.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-violence-shootings-20181027-story.html
    Sunday was the second most violent day of the year in Chicago: At least 26 people shot

https://apnews.com/0d1b1f9fee52405ab7935c8f7ce93127
    Pilot crashes ultralight plane into lake, leaves wreckage, hitches home

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/more-robots-to-hit-the-aisles-at-schnucks-grocery-stores/article_31d25228-3bf0-55d4-a2c3-c44fa8fe90ae.html
    More robots to hit the aisles at Schnucks grocery stores in St. Louis area

http://www.14news.com/2018/10/30/mystery-footsteps-heard-around-century-old-coffin/
    Mystery footsteps heard around century old coffin

https://apnews.com/5b6ff1a53a9040dbbc32b8849df481e1
    Egypt’s police step in to combat potato shortage

https://www.apnews.com/41c193d6646a48c1a5d66ee6383b8e9a
    Effort underway to seal old mines, but some want them open

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 49/9 with an expected high of 76/25 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And need to get me and the cats fed up. Or rather fed. :)

Maybe a little housework today.

That depends on how you define one for one I suppose. Volume is one for one. About the same volume of riced cauliflower that I would normally use of rice. Weight may not be the same, of course. I didn't weigh it to see.

This is the first time I have tried riced cauliflower in lieu of rice. I had been wanting to try it for some time, as I love fried rice and both J and I can make it, and make it very well if I do say so myself. I taught him how to make it and honestly think that he may make it even better than I do! But carbs. Rice is heavy on carbs. When I (or J) make fried rice I generally limit myself to just a small amount, and it's usually not enough to satisfy me without add-ons to make the meal bulkier.

With riced cauliflower though, the carbs are minimized and I can have a larger, more satisfying portion, as I did last night. J and I were both quite pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out, and we both had nice, satisfying portions. To be fair, he would have had a nice, satisfying portion even if I had used real rice, but I would not have.

I have, in the past, occasionally (for myself anyway) made mashed cauliflower in lieu of mashed potatoes. As with the fried rice, the end result isn't quite the same taste, but if you make the mashed cauliflower with a little butter and milk (or cream) and add some salt and pepper, it's pretty tasty and satisfying and, as with the riced cauliflower, I can eat a nice portion without blowing the carbs..
    Hi Ed
    The low carbs is why I was interested in that dish. Lets be honest, if Cauliflower tasted like Potatoes they would be Potatoes :smiley:
    Do You rice Your own Cauliflower or Buy it pre riced ?
    Rice acts as a trigger for me thus I am trying to steer clear of it. If it is here I eat it with butter :(
    I have been telling the Chinese Takeout places to hold the rice, When I remember of course.
    Egg Peeler Showdown! Negg vs Eggstractor vs Hack
    I have a Egg peeler, I use my hands :smiley: If I was doing volume peeling for some reason rather than one egg at a time to make Egg Salad then I might buy something.
    It's Stuart's 2018 Halloween special!
    Hmm...
    Crispy Garlic Breadcrumb Chicken
    Looks Good to me.
    I think if your compost pile gets hot enough to cook food in that you aren't turning it often enough and are risking a fire.
    I completely agree, Hot enough to cook, Yikes.
    We Tried Christmas Tree Flavored Chips
    Why ?
    Emmy makes tofu!
    Why Bother, It is not that expensive is it ?

As always, Thanks for the video links
    Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

60/16 with an expected high of 69/21 and 90% chance of precipitation. I do kind of need to get out to Walgreens at least so will probably make that run, and possibly on across the street from there, to Petsmart for some cat food. Not quite at critical, but close on Oliver's canned kitten food.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and possibly also do a little light housework. Been trying to do a little each day, so it doesn't seem so tedious, like when I try to do a lot, or all of it, in one day.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    I have to go to Poland to taste this? Not fair! I need to win the lottery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMUF9f1veLw
  • parityanimal
    OK. Let's move on to dessert...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0A6Dgx3CIA
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Not even 8 o'clock and I'm here reading!
    I did watch the egg peeling vid. Sorry, I did have to sorta chuckle. Most of those, had they peeled them under running water at the sink, would have come out much better. Now, the question is why, since I don't eat eggs would I watch that? Answer is...I dunno!! It was early and I didn't know what I was doing? Yeah, thats it!

Ted and I got the yard work done yesterday, and it looks great! But of course, the real work is yet to come! I'm just sitting here smiling. He has NO idea what's to come...

And...I have been notified twice now that Ed is posting... HI ED!

Today is a rain day. Starting about noon. So, I have one or two small things that I'd like to do outside, and then it will become a 'cleaning day'..Dining room, as well as the usual kitchen, etc.

I never did find that darned candy...Somewhere in this house, I still believe in a drawer, is a nice bag of Peanut Butter Cups. There are a few of the Kit Kats left from last night. I had fun...the kids were all very polite, and expressed their thanks...I didn't recognize a single one of them! So they either walked here from other streets in the neighborhood, or were dropped off! Either way it was fun for me, and very frightening for poor ole Tom E Cat.
    He was going to be allowed into the front room, and I'd put one of his blankets into a box, and was trying to convince him to settle in the box...when the door bell rang. Forgetting he wasn't a dog for a few fateful seconds, he made a mad dash ahead of me to the door, which was open, and so the glass storm door revealed a whole porch full of 'STRANGERS', I swear, that cat looked like RoadRunner about to take off. Those little paws went at warp speed before the body finally moved!!! LOL!!!! I gave the kids their candy, and then went looking for Tom...he was trying to hide behind the coffee table...and was peeking around the back leg...and he didn't come out, until I closed up the house either. It was a major Freak Out!! Poor old cat.

So, that's about it for the day...work...outside and inside. If its storming and such like they said, I will not be trying to go to O's gymnastics. Driving at night on a dry night, is very different than driving at night when its wet, and every thing is reflective, and wipers are flapping around. I'll miss a practice, and may very well save a life or two in the process.

OH, new grocery find...Publix, (surprise) Reishi Tea with ginger and Turmeric. Made a cup of it last night, tasty! Probably not something I'd drink exclusively, but a nice caffeine free hot drink.

Roger, this is for you! :) (The lingzhi mushroom is a polypore mushroom belonging to the genus Ganoderma. Its red-varnished, kidney-shaped cap gives it a distinct appearance. When fresh, the lingzhi is soft, cork-like, and flat. It lacks gills on its underside, and instead releases its spores via fine pores. Depending on the age of the mushroom, the pores on its underside may be white or brown. Lingzhi mushroom is used in traditional Chinese medicine.) :), you're welcome!

Hope everyone has a great day....time to go read Ed's post(s)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ok, so where the heck is/are Ed's posts? Spooky...oh, spooky was yesterday...today just weird.