Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Gotta get my fat free hot dogs eaten and off to the salt races.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Thursday Morning!
    A 'bit' damp out there this morning. Hope it clears by noon or sooner. I went to help Marietta after my hair appointment, she needed to pick up her MIL's repaired car....and the fix-it folks said...never mind, not ready. SO it is supposed to be fixed today.....

Heading for the gym shortly. Should have a 'free' afternoon. All of Christmas is in, except for Olivia's gift, and for the little one next door...her older sib's will get gift cards...so, I think this could be the appropriate day for rapping...er, wrapping! :wink: (trust me I don't rap!)

I missed Rogers post yesterday? Hope he's just busy with Christmas-y stuff, and will show up in today or so...

Ed, will fuel close early on Thursday next week, or just normal hours? I seem to recall the store closed, or at least here, did around 6p.
    Thank goodness that Tag Day was yesterday, not today! Or else the tags had better be 'washable' ones:)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi All
    It was a darkish day outside and still is, As I wait for the rain to arrive. The temperatures outside are OK today, tomorrow it starts going down as we head towards the weekend.

I finished up the food log for Yesterday and today is planned and printed out. I did delay my next NS order until the new year as I want to use up some of my surplus foods.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Gotta get my fat free hot dogs eaten and off to the salt races.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Hi Ed
    I could not go fat free for hot dogs, I use the Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs @ 45 calories per. All beef of course as they only do kosher. They are somewhat drier than regular hot dogs of course, but not bad. I do like the Bests host dogs but while I am working on getting to goal they are out :)

Cheers, have a Nice day at work
    Roger
    Good Thursday Morning!
    A 'bit' damp out there this morning. Hope it clears by noon or sooner. I went to help Marietta after my hair appointment, she needed to pick up her MIL's repaired car....and the fix-it folks said...never mind, not ready. SO it is supposed to be fixed today.....

Heading for the gym shortly. Should have a 'free' afternoon. All of Christmas is in, except for Olivia's gift, and for the little one next door...her older sib's will get gift cards...so, I think this could be the appropriate day for rapping...er, wrapping! :wink: (trust me I don't rap!)

I missed Rogers post yesterday? Hope he's just busy with Christmas-y stuff, and will show up in today or so...

Ed, will fuel close early on Thursday next week, or just normal hours? I seem to recall the store closed, or at least here, did around 6p.
    Thank goodness that Tag Day was yesterday, not today! Or else the tags had better be 'washable' ones:)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I did post late however at December 16, 2015 6:42PM :)

Our rain is still on the way...

The schools will be doing a 1/2 day on Thursday.

Currently I have two Dunkin Donuts sitting in the freezer. I get them for free but neither my brother or myself need that kind of empty calories. I plan to drop them off where they will get used at a coffee break by the repair shop that maintains our cars. They do lots of little things free of charge so why not. I figure I'll combine them with some of my brothers home made fruitcake.

Have fun at the Gym?
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, I am sorry! You did post, and I must have not been as awake as I thought I was...did not see it.
    I think our rain has moved out. about2.5 inches at my house.
    I'm sure the guys at the car shop will appreciate the donuts and fruit cake! When I worked in TN our pathologists would set us up for sugar shock, but we also would get boxes of fruit, and such. It was always appreciated.
    We finally got Marietta's MIL's car back to her. Even when we got there the car wasn't really ready. Those folks need to get their act together.
    Trash is at the street, hoping to hear from my youngest soon. If not I"ll call him.

Later...again sorry I didn't see your post Roger.
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2015
    My hot dogs vary between Hebrew National 97% fat free (which I love the taste of, even if they are a bit dry) and Ball Park fat free white turkey franks, which are pretty good, and not dry unless overcooked.

The fuel center will be closing at 6:00 next Thursday, and the store closes at 7:00. Both are supposed to open again on Saturday at 7:00 in the morning, so I'll get a nice break.

We have hired someone! He's training at the training center this week and, supposedly, at the fuel center next week. I slotted him into the schedule anyway for three, four hour, training sessions, the last being Saturday morning opening.

The following week he can be fully on board, which is good since I've got one on vacation that week.

Now if they can get me ONE MORE the staff will be complete. I need to remind Mr. F that he's not quite done with the hiring yet, as I can't work new guy 40 hours a week for very many weeks...and there's still no one else for that shift Monday through Friday.

Dinner tonight was middle eastern spiced kofta style lamb patties, pan fried in ghee (and drained on paper towels) served with lightly buttered rice and French style green beans in a light butter sauce. And there are leftovers!

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Only supposed to make it to 47 today. Big change from a couple of days ago. I have set a cooler out for them to leave my vegetable delivery in. Not because I need one this time, but I will need it out there for other deliveries in more frigid weather so I figured I'd go ahead and drag it out, clean it up and have it ready. And one never knows, I might sometime add some meat, yogurt or eggs to my order, though at their prices I seriously doubt it.

Today is the major test delivery! If I like what I see, the box size may change for next week. :)

• RogerToo
    Hi All
    On this mornings walk + 1 cent, I stopped at a different Quick Chek for a coffee refill, then I delivered Baked goods from my Brothers Baking frenzy Yesterday :)
    I continued over to the Car repair shop and delivered a loaf of Beer Raised bread + 1/4 pound of Kellers Butter, a dozen home made Oatmeal Raisin cookies, a Fruit Cake made with a test recipe for feedback, and a different recipe of Chocolate Truffles rolled in powdered sugar.
    Much easier using the backpack to carry everything. I bought that cheap thing ($10) originally to be able to buy things on my walking and carry them back to the house.

Then I continued walking to reach my distance by the time I got home. The Temperatures were colder by the end of the walk as the predicted temperatures are for colder throughout the day as the day progresses. It is still overcast outside, no Sun yet and the breeze picked up during the walk too.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Roger, I am sorry! You did post, and I must have not been as awake as I thought I was...did not see it.
    I think our rain has moved out. about2.5 inches at my house.
    I'm sure the guys at the car shop will appreciate the donuts and fruit cake! When I worked in TN our pathologists would set us up for sugar shock, but we also would get boxes of fruit, and such. It was always appreciated.
    We finally got Marietta's MIL's car back to her. Even when we got there the car wasn't really ready. Those folks need to get their act together.
    Trash is at the street, hoping to hear from my youngest soon. If not I"ll call him.

Later...again sorry I didn't see your post Roger.

Hi Valerie
    I would not worry about missing it TBH :)

I did not bother with Donuts as There was plenty, see my post at the start of this message. I did get it there before their morning break so they have the morning break, lunch and afternoon break to enjoy.

We got a little over an inch of rain yesterday here.

I would not use that place in the future if that is the way the do things.

Cheers
    Roger
    My hot dogs vary between Hebrew National 97% fat free (which I love the taste of, even if they are a bit dry) and Ball Park fat free white turkey franks, which are pretty good, and not dry unless overcooked.

The fuel center will be closing at 6:00 next Thursday, and the store closes at 7:00. Both are supposed to open again on Saturday at 7:00 in the morning, so I'll get a nice break.

We have hired someone! He's training at the training center this week and, supposedly, at the fuel center next week. I slotted him into the schedule anyway for three, four hour, training sessions, the last being Saturday morning opening.

The following week he can be fully on board, which is good since I've got one on vacation that week.

Now if they can get me ONE MORE the staff will be complete. I need to remind Mr. F that he's not quite done with the hiring yet, as I can't work new guy 40 hours a week for very many weeks...and there's still no one else for that shift Monday through Friday.

Dinner tonight was middle eastern spiced kofta style lamb patties, pan fried in ghee (and drained on paper towels) served with lightly buttered rice and French style green beans in a light butter sauce. And there are leftovers!

Hi Ed
    I do not think I ever noticed those Ball park franks TBH. I wonder how they keep them moist?

Whee, You get Christmas Eve and Christmas day off. And Good news that they hired someone too. That means You got Your Christmas present from them early :)

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Only supposed to make it to 47 today. Big change from a couple of days ago. I have set a cooler out for them to leave my vegetable delivery in. Not because I need one this time, but I will need it out there for other deliveries in more frigid weather so I figured I'd go ahead and drag it out, clean it up and have it ready. And one never knows, I might sometime add some meat, yogurt or eggs to my order, though at their prices I seriously doubt it.

Today is the major test delivery! If I like what I see, the box size may change for next week. :)

Hi Again
    It was in the 50s when I started out and supposed to be in the 40s later on and even colder for Friday. They are muttering that we will be having the coldest weather of the season this weekend. Whoopee :(

Good Idea using a cooler as long as You have one. Both FedEx and UPS do follow the 2nd address line on deliveries and put the packages inside on the front porch, UPS even Knocks and rings the Doorbell so I know it is there. The USPS is hit or miss depending on who delivers the package. Earlier they left it on the step in the rain :( Having the cooler will keep things dry for You.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2015
    Howdy again y'all! My CSA box has arrived! I must say that I am quite pleased with the contents. One COULD say that $28 plus tax is just a hair high for the amount of food, but it's all organic and I didn't have to shop for it!

I really, really don't like shopping much. I do it when I have to but especially going in and picking through the veggies is annoying. It's good that I work at a grocery because I can minimize my shopping in any given trip by just buying the essential items, which is usually only a few things. Only once in a while do I have to make a BIG grocery trip, and I know where everything is so I can optimize my list to sail through and get things as efficiently as possible.

Now having said that, I did have qualms about letting SOMEONE ELSE pick my vegetables, as I am picky about them. But once I got past that and went for it, I just waited to see.

What arrived (and it's a larger box than "tiny" would suggest - it fairly well filled my cooler, and it's about a medium sized cooler!):

Green Beans - .75 lbs (Yep, and I get to snap and string them myself, just like when I was a kid!)
    Cucumbers, Field - 1 ea (One medium sized cucumber. Jason and I will enjoy it. If I eat much of it, I'll enjoy it for hours...as cucumbers repeat on me)
    Lettuce, Mixed Leaf (2 small heads) (2 small heads/bunches of a dark green leaf lettuce. Not sure of the variety, but I'll eat that for sure!)
    Onions, Yellow - 1 ea (One fairly large organic onion. Firm and not blemished at all.)
    Peppers, Green Bell - 1 ea (One large green bell pepper. No blemishes and good and firm.)
    Potatoes, Red - 1 lbs (A nice couple of handfuls of new red potatoes, suitable for boiling or roasting.)
    Squash, Zucchini - 1 ea (A nice, medium large, firm zucchini.)
    Tomatoes, Slicing - 2 ea (Two medium sized slicing tomatoes. I can sit them on the counter for a few days to let them ripen just a bit more, but they look good.)
    Turnips, Purple Top - 1 lbs (Half a dozen medium small turnips. I'm sure they'll be tasty)

I am still considering moving up to the small box which has a bit more. I think it would still fit in my cooler.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hooray the box of veg's are here, and they're great!! I'll hold off one more week, and then, I'm in.
    I'll have to look at the list of 'available' choices...off the top of my head I'd nix the head lettuces for the winter, (not a salad fan when its cold), the potatoes, as they are off my radar right now, to return when I get back to my goal weight, tomatoes, unless I can get Roma Toms to make salsa,...so If I can 'trade' those items for spinach, more zucks, kale, swiss chard, carrots, .... and add some fruit...bananas, like 7 of them, apples, tangerines, grapefruit, etc..... It costs me much more when I go to the store, than when I have groceries delivered. See, I'm weird...I LOVE food stores...and seeing and trying new stuff, and Marietta just shakes her head and says I'm the only person she knows who loves to grocery shop. But I always find such 'neat' new stuff!!! I know, you all are like Marietta! :) LOL!!

Made it to the gym this morning, cooked a BIG pot of beans, cuz I was already out of the ones I'd cooked, but also the bag I'd frozen of the Small South American Red Beans. And there wasn't enough in the seasoned black beans I opened for breakfast to have my 6 oz beans at lunch....so what's a girl to do??? I 'quick' soaked them, and cooked them...then I had lunch! :)
    Laundry is just about finished drying, and I'm off the dear old crummy grocery store for more veggies.
    I have cabbage and a few carrots and thats it folks!!!

Day has been good... Ed and I just need to figure out how to get on Rogers goodies drop offs!! LOL! (funny cuz I can't eat any of it!) (flour and sugar ya know...)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Update! It turns out there were THREE small bunches of dark green leaf lettuce in my box, though only two were promised. I ate one of them as a tossed salad with dinner tonight. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I've been up for quite some time, but distracted by feeding the cats and feeding me and reading things online.

And it's still only 30 degrees out there!

Yesterday my fuel center passed the fuel department audit. With 98 points out of 100. And those two weren't really on me, but on the store for not providing some of our scratch off lottery tickets, from the safe, in a timely fashion, though I had asked for them.

So...almost two months into my position and I feel really good about the audit! And I left a note thanking the employees for all their hard work, and letting them know we'd passed with flying colors.

Yes, they are going to get something else but I haven't yet decided exactly what...

A friend from out of town is coming to visit for a few days, arriving tonight, and she will no doubt be wanting to eat out or possibly order in from the Indian restaurant. Joy!

I have to pick her up from the Marta station about 7:00.

Now, what can I prepare from the CSA box to be lunch later? Hmmmmm...

Oh, I did decide to change to the "small" box and mix in a little fruit, for next week's delivery. I love that you can customize your box. Sometimes if you're exchanging for a pricier item, you have to select two things to exchange for one but I can understand that and have no problem with it. I tried to select fruit that I think we'll eat, and some may go to the sugar gliders.

Val, the bananas (Cavendish) come 5 to a bunch. Just so you know. ;)

• parityanimal
    edited December 2015
    Well, I cleaned and snapped the green beans from the CSA box. I'll be having some of them as part of my lunch, I think. The supposedly 3/4 pound of green beans weighed in at just over a pound AFTER cleaning and snapping. Now to rinse them and cook. :)

Well, in a while anyway, at lunchtime...and I think I'll fix a small tuna steak to go with them, and maybe a small baked potato.

• RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Hi All
    Much colder today than yesterday. at 11PM Between Thursday and Friday there was a 20 degree temperature drop. It was below freezing this morning, Based on the Ice on the leftover puddles, Add in the 10MPH gusting to 20MPH and it was cold for the portion of my walk where I was walking into the wind.

I picked up a Free Donut at the Dunkin Donut with my Coffee, I give them to my brother or Freeze them for the future.

I do that so the Donuts do not go to Waist, My Waist that is nor do I like waste :)

Seen while walking :)
    F6mY1z.jpg
    Just in case it is hard to read, It says Wine a Bit You'll Feel Better

Have a Great Weekend
    RogerToo
    Howdy again y'all! My CSA box has arrived! I must say that I am quite pleased with the contents. One COULD say that $28 plus tax is just a hair high for the amount of food, but it's all organic and I didn't have to shop for it!

I really, really don't like shopping much. I do it when I have to but especially going in and picking through the veggies is annoying. It's good that I work at a grocery because I can minimize my shopping in any given trip by just buying the essential items, which is usually only a few things. Only once in a while do I have to make a BIG grocery trip, and I know where everything is so I can optimize my list to sail through and get things as efficiently as possible.

Now having said that, I did have qualms about letting SOMEONE ELSE pick my vegetables, as I am picky about them. But once I got past that and went for it, I just waited to see.

What arrived (and it's a larger box than "tiny" would suggest - it fairly well filled my cooler, and it's about a medium sized cooler!):

Green Beans - .75 lbs (Yep, and I get to snap and string them myself, just like when I was a kid!)
    Cucumbers, Field - 1 ea (One medium sized cucumber. Jason and I will enjoy it. If I eat much of it, I'll enjoy it for hours...as cucumbers repeat on me)
    Lettuce, Mixed Leaf (2 small heads) (2 small heads/bunches of a dark green leaf lettuce. Not sure of the variety, but I'll eat that for sure!)
    Onions, Yellow - 1 ea (One fairly large organic onion. Firm and not blemished at all.)
    Peppers, Green Bell - 1 ea (One large green bell pepper. No blemishes and good and firm.)
    Potatoes, Red - 1 lbs (A nice couple of handfuls of new red potatoes, suitable for boiling or roasting.)
    Squash, Zucchini - 1 ea (A nice, medium large, firm zucchini.)
    Tomatoes, Slicing - 2 ea (Two medium sized slicing tomatoes. I can sit them on the counter for a few days to let them ripen just a bit more, but they look good.)
    Turnips, Purple Top - 1 lbs (Half a dozen medium small turnips. I'm sure they'll be tasty)

I am still considering moving up to the small box which has a bit more. I think it would still fit in my cooler.

Hi Ed
    It sounds Like You did Good :) It is hard to get good tomatoes at this time of year, I got spoiled over the summer with the Home Grown Vine Ripened ones.

I guess that if Possible I would add lots of Fruits.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hooray the box of veg's are here, and they're great!! I'll hold off one more week, and then, I'm in.
    I'll have to look at the list of 'available' choices...off the top of my head I'd nix the head lettuces for the winter, (not a salad fan when its cold), the potatoes, as they are off my radar right now, to return when I get back to my goal weight, tomatoes, unless I can get Roma Toms to make salsa,...so If I can 'trade' those items for spinach, more zucks, kale, swiss chard, carrots, .... and add some fruit...bananas, like 7 of them, apples, tangerines, grapefruit, etc..... It costs me much more when I go to the store, than when I have groceries delivered. See, I'm weird...I LOVE food stores...and seeing and trying new stuff, and Marietta just shakes her head and says I'm the only person she knows who loves to grocery shop. But I always find such 'neat' new stuff!!! I know, you all are like Marietta! :) LOL!!

Made it to the gym this morning, cooked a BIG pot of beans, cuz I was already out of the ones I'd cooked, but also the bag I'd frozen of the Small South American Red Beans. And there wasn't enough in the seasoned black beans I opened for breakfast to have my 6 oz beans at lunch....so what's a girl to do??? I 'quick' soaked them, and cooked them...then I had lunch! :)
    Laundry is just about finished drying, and I'm off the dear old crummy grocery store for more veggies.
    I have cabbage and a few carrots and thats it folks!!!

Day has been good... Ed and I just need to figure out how to get on Rogers goodies drop offs!! LOL! (funny cuz I can't eat any of it!) (flour and sugar ya know...)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It isn't just Grocery Shopping that I hate, it is shopping in general. My Brother on the other hand can wander through every aisle looking at things, in the Grocery Store.

Lets not forget the Chococlate based Balls rolled in powdered sugar :)

I just vacuum sealed foods to be shipped this morning for my brother.
    I Pennsylvania made and purchased Pork Roll AKA (Taylor Ham) that they can't get out west. A loaf of the Older recipe Fruit cake, sprayed with Brandy every few days for a few weeks. Some Smoked Fish they don't seem to get out west either. Some of the Chocolate Balls (Truffles) and some Vanilla Pepermint Bark.

Cheers
    Roger
    Update! It turns out there were THREE small bunches of dark green leaf lettuce in my box, though only two were promised. I ate one of them as a tossed salad with dinner tonight. :)
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I've been up for quite some time, but distracted by feeding the cats and feeding me and reading things online.

And it's still only 30 degrees out there!

Yesterday my fuel center passed the fuel department audit. With 98 points out of 100. And those two weren't really on me, but on the store for not providing some of our scratch off lottery tickets, from the safe, in a timely fashion, though I had asked for them.

So...almost two months into my position and I feel really good about the audit! And I left a note thanking the employees for all their hard work, and letting them know we'd passed with flying colors.

Yes, they are going to get something else but I haven't yet decided exactly what...

A friend from out of town is coming to visit for a few days, arriving tonight, and she will no doubt be wanting to eat out or possibly order in from the Indian restaurant. Joy!

I have to pick her up from the Marta station about 7:00.

Now, what can I prepare from the CSA box to be lunch later? Hmmmmm...

Oh, I did decide to change to the "small" box and mix in a little fruit, for next week's delivery. I love that you can customize your box. Sometimes if you're exchanging for a pricier item, you have to select two things to exchange for one but I can understand that and have no problem with it. I tried to select fruit that I think we'll eat, and some may go to the sugar gliders.

Val, the bananas (Cavendish) come 5 to a bunch. Just so you know. ;)

Well, I cleaned and snapped the green beans from the CSA box. I'll be having some of them as part of my lunch, I think. The supposedly 3/4 pound of green beans weighed in at just over a pound AFTER cleaning and snapping. Now to rinse them and cook. :)

Well, in a while anyway, at lunchtime...and I think I'll fix a small tuna steak to go with them, and maybe a small baked potato.

Hi Again
    Sounds like You are very happy so far. Extras on two of the items :)

Cold here this weekend and then for Christmas week back into the 60s. So far we are 12 degrees above average for the month of December.

Have a good day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    My Goodness you all are full of fun stuff this morning! Happy Sunny and chilly, er cold Sunday!
    Ed...great on the Fuel Center Inspection!! Thanks for the banana info...since I eat one daily, that's good to know!
    Roger, loved the 'winey flag'! Cute...I'd go grocery shopping with your brother any day... but you and I could sit home and shop Amazon for everything else!! (except shoes..those need to be tried on..) LOL!!

Hockey game was a loss...but the little guys held their own for 2.5 periods, fell behind one goal, and the coach (DS1) pulled the goalie for the last minute to get the extra man on ice, and they were scored on...thats' the way hockey goes!!! :)

I think our temps rise again thru the week and a warm Christmas is predicted for right now anyhow! 46 on the porch, but there's a wicked wind out there...feels really cold. Nice strong sun, so cars are warm!

Great day at WF...2 bunches organic kale for 4 bucks, satsuma tangerines were on sale, as were the Pink Lady apples..organic Chard was on sale for 2.50 a bunch, etc. And yet, when I checked out it was $80!!
    Blaming the $13 for a nice sized container of Bourbon candied Pecans, and a really tasty herbed Cashew Cheese..damn samples get me every time. Fortunately not too many of them I can try! But I will enjoy the cheese when I'm home Christmas day...anyway, refrigerator is full, and I've eaten lunch while I typed, so, so am I full! :)

Roger, the 'chocolate balls' as you called the truffles, made me 'want'. Ted used to make me a big batch of them at Christmas time...they were so good. Mind you, I recall bought one were good too, but homemade ones...'fantissimo'. Lucky recipients...lucky folks who can still eat sugar, well, maybe...

Off to the gym, and then baby sitting the wild ones this evening so DS1 and DIL can have a peaceful dinner out. :) (oh what a good grammie am i) :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I steamed about half the green beans for my lunch, and they went VERY nicely with my tuna steak and small baked potato.

I can't remember the last time I actually sat at a kitchen table snapping beans...must have been 1977 or earlier! Not too terribly tedious for only a pound or so of beans, and I LOVE fresh green beans. But I have NEVER bought fresh green beans at the store. Because it's a pain to shop! And I have to grab handfuls and put them in a bag. And see what they weigh and stuff...I can definitely learn to live with letting someone else select my produce, if they keep doing this well on that. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Cold out there, so I'm glad I'm in here! Ate Thai leftovers for breakfast. We're supposed to go see the new Star Wars movie this afternoon so I need to get in an additional morning nap.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Ed, if I get green beans you wanna snap them?? (I hate that job, and don't buy fresh ones because of it.) :(
    It is bright and pretty LOOKING out...Haven't really poked my nose out, except to set the cats breakfast out...and the porch is on the 'sheltered' side of the house....I can SEE the wind blowing when I look out the kitchen window, so I know its cold out there.

My two goals today are, gym and wrapping...O's stuff arrived yesterday. So, I'm out of excuses...

Thats about all I know. Atlanta kid is feeling much better...he's had the flu, and thanks 4 planes in 3 day with his illness, and my babysitting job fell thru cuz DS1, aka Far North, called to say he was sick.
    Sooo, I'm the only healthy one? Ted calls it my "vegan shield"...I'm more inclined to call it 'FLU SHOT' :)
    Whatever, so glad I'm feeling well.

Ed, enjoy Star Wars!! Its what Nate wanted for his birthday, and since his Uncle Nick (Jenn's little bro) will be in town with his family, and since Nick and Nate have the same birthday...well, it will be Happy Birthday all around on next Monday!! Today should be a great day to be indoors at a movie, park in the sun, and your car will be warm and waiting, after!! :)

Later...

• RogerToo
    Hi all
    Cold again today, slightly less breezy, But still not too good. I went to take a picture while walking and found that I had left the memory card in the computer yesterday, oops :)

I'm off to the Acme Grocery Store shortly, Once my Brother leaves for the Shoprite Grocery Store and I can get out of the Driveway :)

Today Making Banana Nut Bread is planned to use up the super ripe bananas.

Enjoy Your Sunday
    Roger
    My Goodness you all are full of fun stuff this morning! Happy Sunny and chilly, er cold Sunday!
    Ed...great on the Fuel Center Inspection!! Thanks for the banana info...since I eat one daily, that's good to know!
    Roger, loved the 'winey flag'! Cute...I'd go grocery shopping with your brother any day... but you and I could sit home and shop Amazon for everything else!! (except shoes..those need to be tried on..) LOL!!

Hockey game was a loss...but the little guys held their own for 2.5 periods, fell behind one goal, and the coach (DS1) pulled the goalie for the last minute to get the extra man on ice, and they were scored on...thats' the way hockey goes!!! :)

I think our temps rise again thru the week and a warm Christmas is predicted for right now anyhow! 46 on the porch, but there's a wicked wind out there...feels really cold. Nice strong sun, so cars are warm!

Great day at WF...2 bunches organic kale for 4 bucks, satsuma tangerines were on sale, as were the Pink Lady apples..organic Chard was on sale for 2.50 a bunch, etc. And yet, when I checked out it was $80!!
    Blaming the $13 for a nice sized container of Bourbon candied Pecans, and a really tasty herbed Cashew Cheese..damn samples get me every time. Fortunately not too many of them I can try! But I will enjoy the cheese when I'm home Christmas day...anyway, refrigerator is full, and I've eaten lunch while I typed, so, so am I full! :)

Roger, the 'chocolate balls' as you called the truffles, made me 'want'. Ted used to make me a big batch of them at Christmas time...they were so good. Mind you, I recall bought one were good too, but homemade ones...'fantissimo'. Lucky recipients...lucky folks who can still eat sugar, well, maybe...

Off to the gym, and then baby sitting the wild ones this evening so DS1 and DIL can have a peaceful dinner out. :) (oh what a good grammie am i) :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I just saw a pop up that You replied here so I'll deal with that later.

Fancy Foods = Big $$

I wish I could eat the Chocolate balls to, I recall them fondly :)

I try and watch my sugar too. It is running much better since I went on NS and lost weight of course.

Cheers
    Roger
    I steamed about half the green beans for my lunch, and they went VERY nicely with my tuna steak and small baked potato.

I can't remember the last time I actually sat at a kitchen table snapping beans...must have been 1977 or earlier! Not too terribly tedious for only a pound or so of beans, and I LOVE fresh green beans. But I have NEVER bought fresh green beans at the store. Because it's a pain to shop! And I have to grab handfuls and put them in a bag. And see what they weigh and stuff...I can definitely learn to live with letting someone else select my produce, if they keep doing this well on that. :)

Hi Ed
    Call me lazy, I just use Scissors and snip both ends off into the garbage can and into 2 pieces.

Sometime I eat them fresh, especially the ones that came out of the garden after the critters stopped eating the plants.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Ed, if I get green beans you wanna snap them?? (I hate that job, and don't buy fresh ones because of it.) :(
    It is bright and pretty LOOKING out...Haven't really poked my nose out, except to set the cats breakfast out...and the porch is on the 'sheltered' side of the house....I can SEE the wind blowing when I look out the kitchen window, so I know its cold out there.

My two goals today are, gym and wrapping...O's stuff arrived yesterday. So, I'm out of excuses...

Thats about all I know. Atlanta kid is feeling much better...he's had the flu, and thanks 4 planes in 3 day with his illness, and my babysitting job fell thru cuz DS1, aka Far North, called to say he was sick.
    Sooo, I'm the only healthy one? Ted calls it my "vegan shield"...I'm more inclined to call it 'FLU SHOT' :)
    Whatever, so glad I'm feeling well.

Ed, enjoy Star Wars!! Its what Nate wanted for his birthday, and since his Uncle Nick (Jenn's little bro) will be in town with his family, and since Nick and Nate have the same birthday...well, it will be Happy Birthday all around on next Monday!! Today should be a great day to be indoors at a movie, park in the sun, and your car will be warm and waiting, after!! :)

Later...

Hi Again
    Hard to say Vegan Shield or Flu Shot :) I thought the Flu season was starting late this year?

It looks like a busy period coming up for You between Christmas & a dual Birthday too

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Looking forward to this week's box, with veggies and fruit! Yellow beans (wax beans?) instead of green beans this week. Some of those may make it to the Christmas dinner table.

I don't mind snapping a pound or so for personal consumption, but wasn't fond of helping to snap a bushel or two with the family back when Mom was canning green beans. That made it too much like work because it WAS work. Thank goodness for having a lot of brothers and sisters to help.

Roger, I might try the scissor trick with the beans.

Oh well, off to the salt races.