Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed, I've never eaten oxtail soup...but I'll bet if you made it, it was tasty, and that D came back for more! :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Supposed to rain today. But I guess that's fair since we haven't had any rain all week. Jacket weather, with high of 48.

My dinner last night included salad (all from the CSA box, naturally) and leftover oxtail soup.

Valerie, what exact model of the instapot did you get? It sounds wonderful and could save me from having to slow cook some items when I'd rather have them sooner than later. My ex had a stovetop pressure cooker but only used it a few times, perhaps being scared of the steam blowing out? I don't know what, if anything, happened to cause lack of use. The one time I recall some beef stew being made in it, it was delicious and ready VERY quickly.

But other than that time and a couple of others, it seemed the pressure cooker just disappeared or got stashed away at the back of some cabinet.

Now if the instapot can both pressure cook AND slow cook, then it might very well find a place in my kitchen.

Oh well, off to the wet rat mines.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good morning!
    It is a rainy day in GA! But at 49 degrees, not too bad.

ED, time to clean out your cabinets....there is a IP waiting for you!!! :) It has preset buttons (for all of which cook times can be manually changed), Buttons are: Soup, Porridge, Poultry, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Rice, Multigrain, Steam, Manual, Sauté, SLOW COOK, Yogurt, Timer (for delayed start cooking) You can let it cool naturally, which takes 10 minutes or less and I use it for beans...it also has a quick release which vents the steam out very quickly...like in 10 seconds or so.... I am amazed. This could just about be THE appliance in the kitchen!
    I got the IP-DU060....which is the 6 quart cooker. The IP_DU050 is same, but a 5 quart, and I think it doesn't make yogurt. I have the 6 quart cooker, should I ever want to cook some big chunk of meat? or make a freezer full of beans, etc. Don't laugh, I eat a LOT of beans for protein...
    I haven't tried the rice cooker yet, the thought of making my own veggie broth is interesting and I may try that soon, it was easy peasy to sauté my veggies yesterday, and then add the dry pinto beans liquid, and cook for 23 minutes...I opened it, added salt and oregano, and started another cook session for 5 minutes=the creamiest, best tasting beans to come from my kitchen. No remembering to soak over night, (though you can, and just shorten the cooking time) no checking the pot on the stove....just nearly instant beans!
    I happen to love beets...but they take so long to cook....well I think mine cooked in 16 minutes, the carrots in like 5 minutes, etc....I even made cabbage just to see if I ended up with mush, but it was perfectly steamed cabbage at 3 minutes..... I am SOLD! There is a closed web site, that I belong to for IP users, and if you decide you'd like to use it, I can get you 'approved', also there are recipe ideas on the IP web site, U-Tubes galore! (oh, and not carrying it to the sink to run water over so you can open it....I remember my Mother doing that with her great big 8 quart pressure cooker...scary stuff!) You can put the little trivit thingy in it, add water, and cook in a smaller pot...I forget what that's called..something I'd never heard of..and have not tried :).
    Along with a Microwave and a toaster oven...what more can you want??? :smiley:
    You can go to the web site, and/or look on Amazon...
    So, time to have a garage sale from the kitchen! Or as I tell the cats...'out-ya-go' all as one word:) And they understand it! LOL!!!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Roger!
    After that long post to Ed, I thought you too deserved your own hello!!!
    Missed you yesterday...so I daydreamed reasons for you to miss posting...like winning at least some healthy chunk of the Power Ball lottery Wednesday night, :) or internet down :( or just plain forgot??? No, not that one....
    Hope you've been able to head out and enjoy your good daily walks. I think that will be challenging this winter. Or maybe NJ does a really supreme job of snow removal that includes sidewalks!
    Maybe a treadmill in your future? Somehow I don't see you doing that either. Better yet would be an Elliptical machine...aka a jogger. I'm not fond of bikes, but many are...my son (DS2) has a really nice upright stationary bike for days he can't take his out on the seldom snow removed neighborhood streets of Atlanta.

When does you next BBB arrive? This one will have some of the new items? right? I'm always interested in hearing what they're introducing every January. And just as sad as you when they take away some of my favorites. I think you said nearly all the breakfast items are now sweet? That's really sad, and SICK on their part. Sweet is as addictive in your brain as Heroin. So they are really 'assuring' their business thru addiction, at the expense of your health....

I got to move into a size smaller jeans this week! That was fun!!! my old pair kept riding lower and lower on my hips, and I do not do belts well....I think I related how I almost walked out of a pair of pants while out shopping one day...once is enough for that experience!!! :)

I think my 'chore list' for today is same as yesterday...I may clean bathrooms, just cuz I can. Get that moved off of my weekend list. There aren't any hockey games this weekend?? whoa! but I am baby sitting with the kids Sat. night so the DS1 and DIL can have a night out! I'm taking the kids to the local Mex place. Unfortunately its a chain restaurant, Frontier. Foods good enough, but it had been a 'REAL' Mexican place, owned and staffed by Latino's...and the food was so delicious!!! Back in the day that I ate meat, they had a Chicken Tortilla Soup that was worth a trip just for that! Never mind the excellent quac, or entrees....and we won't even talk about the 'fried Ice Cream'...OMG!!!! :) Yep, I ate that too!

Well, the cats are both outside, so its time for me to don my 'Kitty Litter Queen Crown', and get that chore over with before they come back in. And today I need to make another big pot of oatmeal before I can have breakfast.....

Have a great day whatever you do, and I'll see you...

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I seem to have been MIA yesterday :)
    Today's weather is the best of the week so far. I was out the door earlier and it was still more comfortable than several previous days has been. Temperature is not much better, however no breeze or wind. Rain moving tonight into tomorrow morning so I suspect I'll be out the door after it has passed.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Got it goin' this morning!
    I opted out from attending O's gymnastics yesterday, as I forgot to buy gas for the car....I did that first thing this morning ($1.629 a gallon :) ), I had a bit less than a gallon left, so good thing I did'nt try to drive last night!
    I picked up my frozen, wild, organic blueberries that I love so much, and some tasty apples....and then I was stuck...I knew there was one more thing that I needed...but What??. So I"m wondering up and down the isles at Costco, and it hit me....Pepper!!! Unfortunately I said it out loud, and scared the h*ll out of some poor woman who' back was turned to me, looking at some item!!! I did apologize..but inside I was laughing! So, got my course ground black pepper and came home. Started a load of laundry to wash while I ate lunch, and soon Its off to buy lottery tickets for tonite. I could live with/on 1.5Billion bucks! Yep, I could do that!

Roger, the things that pull a lot of electricity create heat...toaster, Micro, toasters, etc. The stick blender probably could be used while any of them are in use. I doubt they use any more watts than a light bulb... Sorry you had to go reset the breaker...but at least you learned what was on what circuits!!! When Jack was over last month putting the new florescent light fixture over the kitchen sink we had to go thru about 8 breakers to find the right one.

Ed, hope you don't have many tags, or that you can wait until the sun is on your back! The sun feels pretty good, shady areas...not so much!

Ok, off to get provisions for the week, and the important winning lottery ticket!!! :)
    and then back out for a short time in the gym...home and happy, start the 2nd load of laundry while I talk to Jack on his drive home. I know I'll catch heck for letting my gas tank get so low...it was not intentional I assure you! (I had to take him gasoline for the Challenger once while he was in High School....so had I run out we'd have called it 'payback'.....30+ years later!!! LOL!!!!)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    been there done that, Looked at the Gas gauge and said Yikes!

You are not the only one wandering the aisles at CostCo sometimes.

Cheers
    Roger
    Lunch time! says the clock
    I am loving this Instant Pot more and more! Today I sautéd the onion, green pepper and garlic, then added the unsoaked pinto's....less than half hour later I was eating them! :)
    For someone who eats meat this would be a godsend! I'm thinking of getting another for my DIL next Christmas....maybe. I've given her waffle iron, iron skillets, etc, because she asked for them....she just doesn't know she wants this yet!!! :)

Sunny here and should be warmer than yesterday...its already 50...cats are out for the day. Boxes are cleaned...I'll put our fresh water later today. They'll sleep well tonite. :)

I think gym is the only item on my list today...well, maybe shampoo carpet...maybe.

Later...

Hi Again
    We took the easy way out for the carpet shampooing and called Stanley Steamer. I will say they were through and did a great job, we had them do the upholstered chairs in the Living room too, extra cost but with the way the chairs came out well worth it.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Supposed to rain today. But I guess that's fair since we haven't had any rain all week. Jacket weather, with high of 48.

My dinner last night included salad (all from the CSA box, naturally) and leftover oxtail soup.

Valerie, what exact model of the instapot did you get? It sounds wonderful and could save me from having to slow cook some items when I'd rather have them sooner than later. My ex had a stovetop pressure cooker but only used it a few times, perhaps being scared of the steam blowing out? I don't know what, if anything, happened to cause lack of use. The one time I recall some beef stew being made in it, it was delicious and ready VERY quickly.

But other than that time and a couple of others, it seemed the pressure cooker just disappeared or got stashed away at the back of some cabinet.

Now if the instapot can both pressure cook AND slow cook, then it might very well find a place in my kitchen.

Oh well, off to the wet rat mines.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Hi Ed
    Friday once more :)

I understand that many are somewhat leery of a pressure cooker. I am not sure why, I do not recall any blowing up in normal useage. Maybe If You managed to gunk up the pressure release somehow?

I saw the weather forecast yesterday showing that You area would get a significant amount of rain today. We get the leftovers tonight int tomorrow morning :)

Stay Dry
    Roger
    Good morning!
    It is a rainy day in GA! But at 49 degrees, not too bad.

ED, time to clean out your cabinets....there is a IP waiting for you!!! :) It has preset buttons (for all of which cook times can be manually changed), Buttons are: Soup, Porridge, Poultry, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Rice, Multigrain, Steam, Manual, Sauté, SLOW COOK, Yogurt, Timer (for delayed start cooking) You can let it cool naturally, which takes 10 minutes or less and I use it for beans...it also has a quick release which vents the steam out very quickly...like in 10 seconds or so.... I am amazed. This could just about be THE appliance in the kitchen!
    I got the IP-DU060....which is the 6 quart cooker. The IP_DU050 is same, but a 5 quart, and I think it doesn't make yogurt. I have the 6 quart cooker, should I ever want to cook some big chunk of meat? or make a freezer full of beans, etc. Don't laugh, I eat a LOT of beans for protein...
    I haven't tried the rice cooker yet, the thought of making my own veggie broth is interesting and I may try that soon, it was easy peasy to sauté my veggies yesterday, and then add the dry pinto beans liquid, and cook for 23 minutes...I opened it, added salt and oregano, and started another cook session for 5 minutes=the creamiest, best tasting beans to come from my kitchen. No remembering to soak over night, (though you can, and just shorten the cooking time) no checking the pot on the stove....just nearly instant beans!
    I happen to love beets...but they take so long to cook....well I think mine cooked in 16 minutes, the carrots in like 5 minutes, etc....I even made cabbage just to see if I ended up with mush, but it was perfectly steamed cabbage at 3 minutes..... I am SOLD! There is a closed web site, that I belong to for IP users, and if you decide you'd like to use it, I can get you 'approved', also there are recipe ideas on the IP web site, U-Tubes galore! (oh, and not carrying it to the sink to run water over so you can open it....I remember my Mother doing that with her great big 8 quart pressure cooker...scary stuff!) You can put the little trivit thingy in it, add water, and cook in a smaller pot...I forget what that's called..something I'd never heard of..and have not tried :).
    Along with a Microwave and a toaster oven...what more can you want??? :smiley:
    You can go to the web site, and/or look on Amazon...
    So, time to have a garage sale from the kitchen! Or as I tell the cats...'out-ya-go' all as one word:) And they understand it! LOL!!!
    Good Morning Roger!
    After that long post to Ed, I thought you too deserved your own hello!!!
    Missed you yesterday...so I daydreamed reasons for you to miss posting...like winning at least some healthy chunk of the Power Ball lottery Wednesday night, :) or internet down :( or just plain forgot??? No, not that one....
    Hope you've been able to head out and enjoy your good daily walks. I think that will be challenging this winter. Or maybe NJ does a really supreme job of snow removal that includes sidewalks!
    Maybe a treadmill in your future? Somehow I don't see you doing that either. Better yet would be an Elliptical machine...aka a jogger. I'm not fond of bikes, but many are...my son (DS2) has a really nice upright stationary bike for days he can't take his out on the seldom snow removed neighborhood streets of Atlanta.

When does you next BBB arrive? This one will have some of the new items? right? I'm always interested in hearing what they're introducing every January. And just as sad as you when they take away some of my favorites. I think you said nearly all the breakfast items are now sweet? That's really sad, and SICK on their part. Sweet is as addictive in your brain as Heroin. So they are really 'assuring' their business thru addiction, at the expense of your health....

I got to move into a size smaller jeans this week! That was fun!!! my old pair kept riding lower and lower on my hips, and I do not do belts well....I think I related how I almost walked out of a pair of pants while out shopping one day...once is enough for that experience!!! :)

I think my 'chore list' for today is same as yesterday...I may clean bathrooms, just cuz I can. Get that moved off of my weekend list. There aren't any hockey games this weekend?? whoa! but I am baby sitting with the kids Sat. night so the DS1 and DIL can have a night out! I'm taking the kids to the local Mex place. Unfortunately its a chain restaurant, Frontier. Foods good enough, but it had been a 'REAL' Mexican place, owned and staffed by Latino's...and the food was so delicious!!! Back in the day that I ate meat, they had a Chicken Tortilla Soup that was worth a trip just for that! Never mind the excellent quac, or entrees....and we won't even talk about the 'fried Ice Cream'...OMG!!!! :) Yep, I ate that too!

Well, the cats are both outside, so its time for me to don my 'Kitty Litter Queen Crown', and get that chore over with before they come back in. And today I need to make another big pot of oatmeal before I can have breakfast.....

Have a great day whatever you do, and I'll see you...

Later...

Hi once more
    Not a single solitary dollar from either of the PowerBall tickets :(

Since Sidewalks are the property owners responsibility they can be hit or miss. The town does a decent job of snow removal from the streets and Municipal areas.

MIA only due to getting sidetracked.

I would not say only sweet items, Two Muffin sandwiches and a Bagel, the waffles and pancakes are so so for sweet. The two Biscotti items also, The Blueberry Lemon Baked Bar and Cinnamon Raisin Baked Bar are not to sweet nor are the cereals unless You add sweetener :)

I have added all of the new items and the order closes at 6pm Sunday. When the BWB & BBB will arrive who knows, I suspect they may be slow with the influx of New Year resolution members. Some of the New Snacks/Deserts are savory items.

You can go here
    http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/catalog/menu/food.jsp?meal=breakfast&plan=basic

And view the entire menu of meals broken down by category if curious.

I have never seen chain food come up to non chain food taste or quality.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey Roger!
    Glad the absence was only due to being sidetracked!
    I've used Stan. Steam several times, and they really do a great job. I have some dining room chairs that need cleaning or reupholstery, so I may give them a shot at them.

I will admit to matching the Power Ball, I haven't gone to collect my 'loot' just yet...I won $4, I figure a cup of black coffee at SB with Marietta some day! :)

I think I've probably convinced Ed he needs an IP. I know why peeps are leery of pressure cookers. The old ones could/did blow. They were stove top, and it meant watching the pressure gauge during the whole process, etc. And the steam release could get gunked up if you didn't take them apart and clean them correctly. I stood on one foot and then the other while mine ran on the 'water test' which is suggested to check the seal, and familiarize the user with the IP. :) Once done, I relaxed and couldn't wait to cook real food!

Thanks for the link to NS food. I may just hop over there and look at the ingredient lists for my own curiosity sake.

We are getting our share, and possibly part of your share of rain! Hope there is some left over for ya!

Ok, gonna watch the news and drink my cup of tea....then I'll think about what I'll do this afternoon.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Woke up at about 5:20 this morning, and finished off the oxtail soup. We got the new microwave oven installed last night, after a bit of trial and tribulation and I was really beginning to wish we'd just paid the $120 to Best Buy for installation, but we did finally seem to succeed. It's in and it works.

Today is board meeting for the orchid society, but I may not go. I may look into having an electrician come in for some badly needed work on the wiring. One circuit seems to have gone out entirely now and it includes the dishwasher! I may have to wash that dishwasher full of dishes by hand! Oh, the horror!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Guys!
    Toasty 50 degrees on my back porch at 7:30 this morning! Warm thru the weekend, and then BOOM, back into the deep freeze :(
    Baby sitting tonite. Not much else that has to be done. Kitty boxes already cleaned, they're out doing whatever cats do when they're outside. Probably sleeping!!!

So, Ed...being a good neighbor (just like the St. Farm Insurance jingle) I'll be there.... Will bring you a pair of rubber gloves! LOL! You didn't really think I'd wash your dishes did ya?? :) Glad you got the microwave in, and that it is working. Not right now, but maybe next week I'll tell you about Jack and Jenn and their microwave issues about 3 years ago. Probably make your hassles last night look like a picnic!

For now, its off to the kitchen to gather my cut up green pepper, onion, and garlic, the last of the bag of bulk pinto beans from Whole Foods, and start the IP!!! While it does its 25 minutes or so, I'll make a fresh batch of salsa. Yummmmm

Pretty sunrise this morning! WOW! Roger hope its not already rained on your morning walk. Would be nice it it waited til you were home!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I got lucky with the weather today, The rain moved out earlier than last nights forecast indicated it would, so I was out the door slightly before 8AM. It drizzled twice while I was walking for a minute or two, Not enough to pull the umbrella out of my pocket however. There was a little breeze when I started out but manageable wind chill even though I did not dress that heavily :) The temperatures are supposed to be dropping through the day so getting out early helped that way too.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Hey Roger!
    Glad the absence was only due to being sidetracked!
    I've used Stan. Steam several times, and they really do a great job. I have some dining room chairs that need cleaning or reupholstery, so I may give them a shot at them.

I will admit to matching the Power Ball, I haven't gone to collect my 'loot' just yet...I won $4, I figure a cup of black coffee at SB with Marietta some day! :)

I think I've probably convinced Ed he needs an IP. I know why peeps are leery of pressure cookers. The old ones could/did blow. They were stove top, and it meant watching the pressure gauge during the whole process, etc. And the steam release could get gunked up if you didn't take them apart and clean them correctly. I stood on one foot and then the other while mine ran on the 'water test' which is suggested to check the seal, and familiarize the user with the IP. :) Once done, I relaxed and couldn't wait to cook real food!

Thanks for the link to NS food. I may just hop over there and look at the ingredient lists for my own curiosity sake.

We are getting our share, and possibly part of your share of rain! Hope there is some left over for ya!

Ok, gonna watch the news and drink my cup of tea....then I'll think about what I'll do this afternoon.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I was surprised to hear the news broadcast mention that the other two Big winners only had 178 days left to collect. All the other lotteries around here it is on year, PowerBall seems to be different.

I suspect that todays pressure cookers are elecric and loaded with safety features.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Woke up at about 5:20 this morning, and finished off the oxtail soup. We got the new microwave oven installed last night, after a bit of trial and tribulation and I was really beginning to wish we'd just paid the $120 to Best Buy for installation, but we did finally seem to succeed. It's in and it works.

Today is board meeting for the orchid society, but I may not go. I may look into having an electrician come in for some badly needed work on the wiring. One circuit seems to have gone out entirely now and it includes the dishwasher! I may have to wash that dishwasher full of dishes by hand! Oh, the horror!

Hi Ed
    Built-in Microwave?

BTW I would be very worried if I had dodgy electric wiring in the house. I hope You have the breaker turned off.

FWIW I am my dishwasher and they always get a gentle hand wash :)

Have a good day
    Roger
    Good Morning Guys!
    Toasty 50 degrees on my back porch at 7:30 this morning! Warm thru the weekend, and then BOOM, back into the deep freeze :(
    Baby sitting tonite. Not much else that has to be done. Kitty boxes already cleaned, they're out doing whatever cats do when they're outside. Probably sleeping!!!

So, Ed...being a good neighbor (just like the St. Farm Insurance jingle) I'll be there.... Will bring you a pair of rubber gloves! LOL! You didn't really think I'd wash your dishes did ya?? :) Glad you got the microwave in, and that it is working. Not right now, but maybe next week I'll tell you about Jack and Jenn and their microwave issues about 3 years ago. Probably make your hassles last night look like a picnic!

For now, its off to the kitchen to gather my cut up green pepper, onion, and garlic, the last of the bag of bulk pinto beans from Whole Foods, and start the IP!!! While it does its 25 minutes or so, I'll make a fresh batch of salsa. Yummmmm

Pretty sunrise this morning! WOW! Roger hope its not already rained on your morning walk. Would be nice it it waited til you were home!

Later...

Hi Again
    It sounds as if You have decent temperatures for this time of year.

No Rain while walking, a light drizzle a couple of times but barely worth mentioning. I am contemplating going back out walking again as I need Bananas, I have one ripe one left for tomorrow and then Nada, zilch, zip, Zero, none :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, I looked it up on GA's Lottery home page, and sure enough ALL ticketed games are 180 days, and scratch off's are 90 days. I like you, thought it was a one year thing, and I believe at one time it was, probably.

Yes, the electric pressure cookers do have multiple built in safety features.... OH, and today's pinto beans are just soooo good. I sautéd the aromatics in the IP, then added the unsoaked pinto's, and half water, and half veg. broth....cooked 23 minutes...stopped it, let the steam out, and added the really secret part...oregano, (not so secret) salt, (no brainer) and TaDA!! Smoked Paprika, and 7 minutes more cook time!!! WOW!!! Its just a subtle little flavor, that really makes an impact!

Way behind on my day....so

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, the electrician couldn't guarantee to be here today, but did put me on "priority" if they had an unexpected opening, so I went to the board meeting but J and I drove separately. I'm not actually on the board but just attend to observe. And have lunch at the restaurant before the meeting. :)

Today is the orchid society president's birthday so J and I stopped at Kroger (in the same parking lot) and bought a festive looking chocolate cake for her birthday surprise. Everyone had a slice (the president was slicing and I was serving, made sure I got a small slice) and we even gave a slice to the waitress. Then I came on home, just in case. I actually figure though, since they didn't call me just after I ordered my lunch, that they won't be able to squeeze me in today. They had offered to put me in for Monday, but I have to work and will need my power nap after work, so asked them to slot me for the next Saturday instead. I guess I can hand wash dishes until then.

Oh, and I did already do that to all the dishes in there this morning, so it's a clean slate right now. :)

• RogerToo
    Roger, I looked it up on GA's Lottery home page, and sure enough ALL ticketed games are 180 days, and scratch off's are 90 days. I like you, thought it was a one year thing, and I believe at one time it was, probably.

Yes, the electric pressure cookers do have multiple built in safety features.... OH, and today's pinto beans are just soooo good. I sautéd the aromatics in the IP, then added the unsoaked pinto's, and half water, and half veg. broth....cooked 23 minutes...stopped it, let the steam out, and added the really secret part...oregano, (not so secret) salt, (no brainer) and TaDA!! Smoked Paprika, and 7 minutes more cook time!!! WOW!!! Its just a subtle little flavor, that really makes an impact!

Way behind on my day....so

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It may be a state by state thing too.

I see You are really enjoying using the new kitchen toy :)

I did go out after lunch for a second walk and did a slightly shorter version of my morning walk. I went by the produce store and picked up Bananas. The one that I have left is getting really ripe.

I'm running a little late too so See You tomorrow.
    Roger
    Well, the electrician couldn't guarantee to be here today, but did put me on "priority" if they had an unexpected opening, so I went to the board meeting but J and I drove separately. I'm not actually on the board but just attend to observe. And have lunch at the restaurant before the meeting. :)

Today is the orchid society president's birthday so J and I stopped at Kroger (in the same parking lot) and bought a festive looking chocolate cake for her birthday surprise. Everyone had a slice (the president was slicing and I was serving, made sure I got a small slice) and we even gave a slice to the waitress. Then I came on home, just in case. I actually figure though, since they didn't call me just after I ordered my lunch, that they won't be able to squeeze me in today. They had offered to put me in for Monday, but I have to work and will need my power nap after work, so asked them to slot me for the next Saturday instead. I guess I can hand wash dishes until then.

Oh, and I did already do that to all the dishes in there this morning, so it's a clean slate right now. :)

Hi Ed
    They probably put You on priority due to possible dangers from flaky wiring. That sound like a very smart move not using it. Hopefully the dishwasher is the only thing on that circuit. I believe modern day wiring codes require separate circuits for the Dishwasher and another for the refrigerator. I suspect that many Kitchens, Including mine, have more outlets on a circuit than is really good since there is proliferation of electric appliances. Example, Toaster or Toaster oven, Microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, Electric skillet etc.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Well, the electrician DID come and replaced two faulty sockets, so everything is fixed EXCEPT the dishwasher, which is on its own circuit after all. I took the door apart to check the latch and all looked fine in there. J and I will eventually pull the whole unit out and check its electric behind it, but we've done enough this weekend. We didn't ask the electrician to look at the dishwasher electric as it would have been extra, and I can live without that for a while. The bedroom lights and sockets were a bit more important to me...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Not cold enough this morning for snow to stick but there is a 50% chance of snow showers supposedly! If it won't stick or freeze on the ground, I wouldn't mind seeing that. Lilo and I can watch from our cozy indoor seating.

Need to get house plants watered today, and a few dishes washed from yesterday.

• GardenKatGardens
    edited January 2016
    Good Sunday Morning,
    No sign of the 'possible snow flurries' in North Atlanta....GOOD! One cat in, one cat out! Funny little furry critters!
    Had a great time with the kids last night. The strolling musicians stopped by the table and played a Santana number for me...(much to the embarrassment of 2 grandchildren!) LOL! When we got home we were going to share one of the Kiku apples and have a cup of blueberry tea....so Nate (10) says "Grammie I know how to cut up an apple..and proceeded to show me how it should be done" So, he asked could he cut it for me. I asked if his Mom let him use kitchen knives and he said yes, that he cuts up 'peppers and things'..so I stood with him, and help hold the apple. He did a super job...So, I'm at the stove making the tea, and the kids ate up my apple!!! I turned just in time to see Nate snag the last piece, which he willingly gave me! I'm relating that story to the parents and thats when the laughing began!!
    Nate, it seems strongly urged his parents out of the restaurant several weeks earlier, because 'THEY' (the musicians) were coming....and he didn't want to be at the table when they got there...and Jenn confirmed he DID cut up peppers ONCE, and CUT his finger, and it of course bled, and freaked him out!!... Glad that history didn't repeat itself! LOL!!

Ed, glad you got the sockets fixed! Have you ordered your InstantPot yet? :) Its like having a crock pot that works in SloMo AND Fast Forward!!! :)

Ok, enough...time to think about breakfast etc.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out for a second walk Saturday afternoon + 10 cents, while on the walk I picked up Bananas, I just tried one and once again the Bananas from the produce store seem to have been poorly handled. I may just have to give up on them from there and drive to the grocery store when I need a new bunch. That brought me to 6k steps above my goal for the day.

I walked this morning for slightly longer than usual and despite the temperature being 8 degrees colder than Yesterday morning it was OK as there was very little wind. I may go out walking again this afternoon as it is supposed to be much colder tomorrow and breezy too.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Well, the electrician DID come and replaced two faulty sockets, so everything is fixed EXCEPT the dishwasher, which is on its own circuit after all. I took the door apart to check the latch and all looked fine in there. J and I will eventually pull the whole unit out and check its electric behind it, but we've done enough this weekend. We didn't ask the electrician to look at the dishwasher electric as it would have been extra, and I can live without that for a while. The bedroom lights and sockets were a bit more important to me...
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Not cold enough this morning for snow to stick but there is a 50% chance of snow showers supposedly! If it won't stick or freeze on the ground, I wouldn't mind seeing that. Lilo and I can watch from our cozy indoor seating.

Need to get house plants watered today, and a few dishes washed from yesterday.

Hi Ed
    I am glad it was nothing serious. Sorry to hear about the Dishwasher still not working.
    I would have to agree seeing where You are going is more important :)

Not great weather here either. Skim Ice was forming on a puddle as I was walking this morning.

Cheers
    Roger

Good Sunday Morning,
    No sign of the 'possible snow flurries' in North Atlanta....GOOD! One cat in, one cat out! Funny little furry critters!
    Had a great time with the kids last night. The strolling musicians stopped by the table and played a Santana number for me...(much to the embarrassment of 2 grandchildren!) LOL! When we got home we were going to share one of the Kiku apples and have a cup of blueberry tea....so Nate (10) says "Grammie I know how to cut up an apple..and proceeded to show me how it should be done" So, he asked could he cut it for me. I asked if his Mom let him use kitchen knives and he said yes, that he cuts up 'peppers and things'..so I stood with him, and help hold the apple. He did a super job...So, I'm at the stove making the tea, and the kids ate up my apple!!! I turned just in time to see Nate snag the last piece, which he willingly gave me! I'm relating that story to the parents and thats when the laughing began!!
    Nate, it seems strongly urged his parents out of the restaurant several weeks earlier, because 'THEY' (the musicians) were coming....and he didn't want to be at the table when they got there...and Jenn confirmed he DID cut up peppers ONCE, and CUT his finger, and it of course bled, and freaked him out!!... Glad that history didn't repeat itself! LOL!!

Ed, glad you got the sockets fixed! Have you ordered your InstantPot yet? :) Its like having a crock pot that works in SloMo AND Fast Forward!!! :)

Ok, enough...time to think about breakfast etc.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I wonder what is wrong with strolling musicians?

You had a good time, yea!

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I just spent $227 on electric so I think it will be a bit before I'm ordering any InstaPot, but I'll keep the idea simmering in my mind. We need to spend about $370 to get a dedicated circuit for the microwave next.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Off to the salt races.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I went crazy and went out walking today, slightly shorter tan normal. The Wind Chill was 10 degrees in nearby Somerville. Yesterday afternoon we had some light snow, South of me Atlantic City had over 2 inches of the white stuff. From what I can see we had maybe 1/4 inch +/-. You can see little bits of grass and weeds sticking up through it in this area. The Streets and Sidewalks never got snow covered, I suspect that the solar heating before the snow helped with that. It was OK walking except for the fingers, I put on layers, A Sweatshirt and a Hoody and the FroggToggs as a windbreaker. I also went out walking Yesterday after noontime. That made two days in a row of two walks, Not today however :)

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
    I just spent $227 on electric so I think it will be a bit before I'm ordering any InstaPot, but I'll keep the idea simmering in my mind. We need to spend about $370 to get a dedicated circuit for the microwave next.

Hi Ed
    Do You have electric heat? That sounds a bit high for electric at this time of the year. Ours was running somewhere a bit higher for the summer, OTOH that was two 220Volt Air Conditioners and a smaller one running as well as intermittent use of a fourth one.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Monday Morning.
    Cold one in GA...worse tomorrow I think. UGH. Not NJ cold, but bad enough for GA.
    Ed, I hear ya about the expense of getting the sockets replaced last week. So I'll shut up about the IP, start saving your pennies though...you'll not regret it!
    Roger, yes you did go crazy walking in 10 degree weather!!! LOL!! I should kick myself out and walk just to the end of the street and back..its invigorating to walk in cold weather...(and my brain knows that, but my body balks!)
    Both cats now outside, Tom made a puddle on my kitchen throw rug...but I'm smarter than him, at night I turn it over so its latex backing side up...easy to clean, and spray with 50/50 vinegar water mix. (so right now my kitchen smells like a pickle jar!) :)
    Weird cats.

Later...