Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Sun not as bright as yesterday, but expecting a nice warm up. Cats elected to go outside this morning after breakfast....unlike yesterday when I had to chase them out!
    I've been on and off this site...after watching the Carlton clip my computer keeps dropping this thread! LOL!! I think I could move like that a few decades ago! :smiley:

Roger hope you have good walking weather this morning. I ended up going for a short walk yesterday evening. Felt good...enjoyed all the neighbors shrubs, trees and plants blooming. Saw several dead, (some for a long time dead) snakes along the roadway. Not encouraging.

Planning to make a run to Costco for gas, and spend some quality time outdoors with my new 22inch pruning lopers! (Bushes and trees had best be shaking in their boots/roots!!)

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It was a GREAT tag day. There were no tags! Couldn't ask for a better tag day. LOL!

Almost Easter and then I can get those silly Cadbury eggs and Reese's eggs out of the fuel kiosk and back in the store for them to sell at half price. They never sell well there but the district wants 100% participation so we always put them in the window during the season. If we could set a basket of them out on the ledge, like other stores, we might sell more, but John's Creek won't allow much outdoor vending as it looks trashy. We have our one Coke cooler and one small ice freezer out there and that's all we can have outside.

Well, off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was successful getting my haircut today. I walked to the Barbershop in the next town and back 11.8K steps , got my haircut, then went into the dinner on the corner for two eggs, A fruit cup in place of the Potatoes and a few bites of dry Rye toast and a Large Coffee for the walk back :)

A nice looking day outside, A little breeze in my face on the walk back but tolerable in my Hoodie. I listened to one of the records I captured a couple of days back while I was walking. A Petula Clark singing in French called 23 Chansons Celebres De Paris which I think translates as 23 songs Celebrating Paris.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It was a GREAT tag day. There were no tags! Couldn't ask for a better tag day. LOL!

Almost Easter and then I can get those silly Cadbury eggs and Reese's eggs out of the fuel kiosk and back in the store for them to sell at half price. They never sell well there but the district wants 100% participation so we always put them in the window during the season. If we could set a basket of them out on the ledge, like other stores, we might sell more, but John's Creek won't allow much outdoor vending as it looks trashy. We have our one Coke cooler and one small ice freezer out there and that's all we can have outside.

Well, off to the salt races!

Hi Ed
    One of the things we always see are the Peeps.
    Congratulations on that really easy Tag day :)

The Town I used to work on they were very strict regarding neon signs for much the same reason, so I can understand why a town would not want things proliferating around the Kiosk.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Sun not as bright as yesterday, but expecting a nice warm up. Cats elected to go outside this morning after breakfast....unlike yesterday when I had to chase them out!
    I've been on and off this site...after watching the Carlton clip my computer keeps dropping this thread! LOL!! I think I could move like that a few decades ago! :smiley:

Roger hope you have good walking weather this morning. I ended up going for a short walk yesterday evening. Felt good...enjoyed all the neighbors shrubs, trees and plants blooming. Saw several dead, (some for a long time dead) snakes along the roadway. Not encouraging.

Planning to make a run to Costco for gas, and spend some quality time outdoors with my new 22inch pruning lopers! (Bushes and trees had best be shaking in their boots/roots!!)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I had a good as well as successful walk today. It was around the high 40s heading out and probably in the 50s heading back, heading back it felt no warmer due to walking into the wind that had come up blowing out of the east.

This year I have not heard nearly as many owls as I did last year, I did hear a Woodpecker pecking away Yesterday however.

I noticed that the nearby CostCo that does have Gas was a fair amount lower in price for members buying gas compared to the nearby Exxon station. $1.59 vs $1.83.

I wish that one was closer to home, however the one nearby has no gas pumps and it isn't worth the drive for the little gas I buy. I am down to a little over a 1/2 tank and haven't even bought gas this year so far. I am using even less this year as now I can do some grocery shopping on my walk :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,686 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight:
    Salad, home made dressing.
    Pork chop, seasoned with barbecue rub.
    Scalloped potatoes.
    Buttered green beans.
    Wine of choice: Redwood Creek, California Pinot Grigio, not labeled as to year, as best I can see on the labels...but very nice!
    I feel stuffed...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Rained pretty nicely last night, so maybe the pollen will be down a little bit today. One can hope.

Lilo has been fed, and I've eaten breakfast.

Off to the rat mines!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Folks,
    We got past the snow a few days ago, and now 60 and rainy in the AM...but it is better than snow! Time to get out walking before it becomes a serious rain (instead of a joking, spitty one).
    Hope all of you are doing well. I thought I saw something about a move of the thread - but everyone is still here right?
    Stay warm - or cool! Whatever you need!
    Lee-Ann
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking today early due to the rain in the forecast for this morning. It is gloomy outside and when I left I could see water drops on the cars and wet spots on the street, However I am now home and I had no rain fall on me. Probably because I was ready for it with a Rain jacket and Umbrella. They stayed in my Pocket unneeded :)

Breakfast in a hour, Wheat Flakes, 1% UHT milk, The last of my NS Strawberry Protein shake :(

Currently recording a Ste of Fibber McGee & Molly Christmas Album from 78s
    On the Night Before Christmas

Have a Good Good Friday
    Roger

RujcnV.jpg
    Dinner tonight:
    Salad, home made dressing.
    Pork chop, seasoned with barbecue rub.
    Scalloped potatoes.
    Buttered green beans.
    Wine of choice: Redwood Creek, California Pinot Grigio, not labeled as to year, as best I can see on the labels...but very nice!
    I feel stuffed...
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Rained pretty nicely last night, so maybe the pollen will be down a little bit today. One can hope.

Lilo has been fed, and I've eaten breakfast.

Off to the rat mines!

Hi Ed
    That sounds like a tasty dinner, I had a Lean Cuisine Chicken with Almonds, It was pretty tasty too, I am glad I did not buy two of them fro one reason, if I had another one I would have had to fight off temptation to eat both of them :)

There is rain in the forecast, not a lot .1 inches to .8 inches for the entire state, We are supposed to get the .1 inches. Time will tell.

Have a Good Day at work.
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks,
    We got past the snow a few days ago, and now 60 and rainy in the AM...but it is better than snow! Time to get out walking before it becomes a serious rain (instead of a joking, spitty one).
    Hope all of you are doing well. I thought I saw something about a move of the thread - but everyone is still here right?
    Stay warm - or cool! Whatever you need!
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    As far as I know this one is staying here as is. Time to capture some of my old 78 RPM records into the computer. I have some that are test pressings and some that are ones that were recorded onto Blank disks by people. I actually still have some blank 78s and a AM & SW Console that has a 78RPM Changer that also has a cutting arm to record onto the blanks.

Good Luck staying dry, I Agree better some rain than snow, At least You do not need to shovel Rain :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Good Friday.
    Roger, you will keep me laughing all day, and I'll be grateful for a long time, cuz as you pointed out, I do not have to shovel snow! That is brilliant! Never thought of rain in that light! Thanks!

LeeAnn, far as I know, here to stay. Glad you're warmed up, and snow is a thing of the past!
    Here in GA, staying warm - or cool can vary not only day to day, but sometimes morning to night!! Right now looking at shorter sleeves...could be in sweaters next week! :)
    The one thing for certain is that the pine trees are blooming, and yellow pine pollen is EVERYWHERE! And most other trees are blooming, (or their variation of 'blooms') and people with allergies are suffering. I'm happy to say its not my problem now, I get to wait until fall. I have no idea what it is in the fall...but its miserable! :)

Ed, your dinner sounds like it was wonderful. I read a recipe several days ago, and it was for little tarts, included cheeses (Motza and Parm) but the essence of it was asparagus and caramelized onions. I went to the store next day to pick up one item...ended up with some reasonably priced, nice asparagus, so bought a big yellow onion, and it was one of my dinner vegetables! It had been a very long time since I'd caramelized onion and I'd forgotten how good it smells, and how delicious it tastes. Put the two together and it was an amazing treat.

I've spent the morning with little chores, like remembering to charge the battery for the weed wacker, and syncing my password app with my phone. Will do the iPad another day. It really wasn't difficult...I just had to get over my mental fear? not sure fear is quite the right word, maybe 'roadblock' would be more accurate. Anyhow, with very little fuss it worked, and I'm pleased!

Gym, some cleaning, weed wacking and shrub trimming is on my list for the day...so gotta go.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Ah, yes. Caramelized onion. The BEST way to have onion. When I roast mixed up root veggies, there is always plenty of onion in there to caramelize while the roots are roasting!

D doesn't know it (J probably suspects) but the Easter Bunny is lurking in my closet. D will get a milk chocolate Dove bunny (small), and 4 miniature Cadbury eggs, all in a purple decorative basket. J will get a dark chocolate Dove bunny, and 4 miniature Cadbury eggs and a full size Cadbury egg, in a decorative blue basket. I somehow predict that the Easter Bunny will be leaving me a dark chocolate Dove bunny, 4 miniature Cadbury eggs, and a full size Cadbury egg too, in a decorative green basket...I must be psychic!

• parityanimal
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I was, in the process of preparing breakfast, reading instructions on a frozen food item and this occurred to me:

You know, so many foods give instructions like...HEAT TOASTER OVEN TO 450. COOK FOR 15 TO 20 MINUTES...that I think my recipe for roasted elephant would be:

Clean and prepare whole elephant. Heat toaster oven to 450, on TOAST setting. Cook whole elephant for 15 to 20 minutes.

For extra crispness, cook an additional 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.

Only problem is fitting the elephant into the toaster oven. I guess I would need a TARDIS toaster oven for this one.

Have a great day, y'all! We have an orchid society board meeting, and after it I need to go to the (conveniently in the same parking lot) Kroger store near that restaurant and buy some chicken for the sugar gliders. I'd have sworn I still had a package with two more boneless, skinless thighs but I couldn't find it this morning when I was going to cook their chicken for tonight and the next several days.

Oh, and it takes (from frozen) 30 minutes for a medium, boneless chicken thigh (on bake) in the toaster oven. ;)

You think maybe the elephant might take 30 minutes?
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning!

Really overcast this morning...like indoor lighting required dark. One cat in, one cat out..here we go...I'll be playing doorman all morning.

Ed you're in a good mood this morning...must have something to do with either the fact that its Saturday, or...because your psychic and know whats coming from the Bunny! :) Sugar shock! I think I've already fessed up to my annual must have yellow peeps. I need to remember to unwrap them today so they get a bit of 'tooth' to them

Let me know when you cook this elephant. I hope to heck you skin it first, or we'll need chainsaws or light laser sabers to cut it up! LOL!!

Roger, is there an Easter Bunny stash lurking in your house? :)

Today I will watch my first ever LIVE Lacross Game....played by midgets. :) DS1 tells me Nate is quite good at it, and that its a lot like hockey. hmmmm. I'll get back to you on that!

Other than that not much on my list. I could put stuff on my list, but I know I won't be doing them!! Not even the gym :neutral: Oh my!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    One more day until Easter Sunday. 20 degrees colder today than Friday, Still tolerable however. I could even feel the Suns heat on my back when I was walking away from it.

Yesterdays 78RPM records to Computer captures went OK. I had some test pressings and recordings from Recording studios in NYC and Hollywood that were interesting. Today I am looking at doing some more 78s, mainly old humor types that I picked up years ago on a whim.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
    Good Good Friday.
    Roger, you will keep me laughing all day, and I'll be grateful for a long time, cuz as you pointed out, I do not have to shovel snow! That is brilliant! Never thought of rain in that light! Thanks!

LeeAnn, far as I know, here to stay. Glad you're warmed up, and snow is a thing of the past!
    Here in GA, staying warm - or cool can vary not only day to day, but sometimes morning to night!! Right now looking at shorter sleeves...could be in sweaters next week! :)
    The one thing for certain is that the pine trees are blooming, and yellow pine pollen is EVERYWHERE! And most other trees are blooming, (or their variation of 'blooms') and people with allergies are suffering. I'm happy to say its not my problem now, I get to wait until fall. I have no idea what it is in the fall...but its miserable! :)

Ed, your dinner sounds like it was wonderful. I read a recipe several days ago, and it was for little tarts, included cheeses (Motza and Parm) but the essence of it was asparagus and caramelized onions. I went to the store next day to pick up one item...ended up with some reasonably priced, nice asparagus, so bought a big yellow onion, and it was one of my dinner vegetables! It had been a very long time since I'd caramelized onion and I'd forgotten how good it smells, and how delicious it tastes. Put the two together and it was an amazing treat.

I've spent the morning with little chores, like remembering to charge the battery for the weed wacker, and syncing my password app with my phone. Will do the iPad another day. It really wasn't difficult...I just had to get over my mental fear? not sure fear is quite the right word, maybe 'roadblock' would be more accurate. Anyhow, with very little fuss it worked, and I'm pleased!

Gym, some cleaning, weed wacking and shrub trimming is on my list for the day...so gotta go.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    That means my day was a success, Leave them laughing.

My Aunt always had Ragweed allergies in the fall. Currently according the weatherman Tree pollen is high and mold is low and the rest of the categories are none. We have had the street turn red with the fallen blooms off of a Elm? tree, it is a nuisance as they get under the windshield wiper blades and need to be removed when it rains so the window gets cleared properly.
    Good Saturday Morning!

Really overcast this morning...like indoor lighting required dark. One cat in, one cat out..here we go...I'll be playing doorman all morning.

Ed you're in a good mood this morning...must have something to do with either the fact that its Saturday, or...because your psychic and know whats coming from the Bunny! :) Sugar shock! I think I've already fessed up to my annual must have yellow peeps. I need to remember to unwrap them today so they get a bit of 'tooth' to them

Let me know when you cook this elephant. I hope to heck you skin it first, or we'll need chainsaws or light laser sabers to cut it up! LOL!!

Roger, is there an Easter Bunny stash lurking in your house? :)

Today I will watch my first ever LIVE Lacross Game....played by midgets. :) DS1 tells me Nate is quite good at it, and that its a lot like hockey. hmmmm. I'll get back to you on that!

Other than that not much on my list. I could put stuff on my list, but I know I won't be doing them!! Not even the gym :neutral: Oh my!

Later...

Hi Again
    We had periods of heavy rain yesterday, and most of the day was just cloudy, followed by a clear sky overnight, Hence the lower temperatures this morning.

I do not know if the Easter Bunny is lurking this year, usually my brother makes one basket each as he is a traditionalist that way, Just like it must be a Ham for the Easter Meal :)

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
    Ah, yes. Caramelized onion. The BEST way to have onion. When I roast mixed up root veggies, there is always plenty of onion in there to caramelize while the roots are roasting!

D doesn't know it (J probably suspects) but the Easter Bunny is lurking in my closet. D will get a milk chocolate Dove bunny (small), and 4 miniature Cadbury eggs, all in a purple decorative basket. J will get a dark chocolate Dove bunny, and 4 miniature Cadbury eggs and a full size Cadbury egg, in a decorative blue basket. I somehow predict that the Easter Bunny will be leaving me a dark chocolate Dove bunny, 4 miniature Cadbury eggs, and a full size Cadbury egg too, in a decorative green basket...I must be psychic!
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I was, in the process of preparing breakfast, reading instructions on a frozen food item and this occurred to me:

You know, so many foods give instructions like...HEAT TOASTER OVEN TO 450. COOK FOR 15 TO 20 MINUTES...that I think my recipe for roasted elephant would be:

Clean and prepare whole elephant. Heat toaster oven to 450, on TOAST setting. Cook whole elephant for 15 to 20 minutes.

For extra crispness, cook an additional 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.

Only problem is fitting the elephant into the toaster oven. I guess I would need a TARDIS toaster oven for this one.

Have a great day, y'all! We have an orchid society board meeting, and after it I need to go to the (conveniently in the same parking lot) Kroger store near that restaurant and buy some chicken for the sugar gliders. I'd have sworn I still had a package with two more boneless, skinless thighs but I couldn't find it this morning when I was going to cook their chicken for tonight and the next several days.

Oh, and it takes (from frozen) 30 minutes for a medium, boneless chicken thigh (on bake) in the toaster oven. ;)

You think maybe the elephant might take 30 minutes?

Hi Ed
    Thank You for the laugh, Re: Cooking an Elephant

I always scratch my head when I read a recipe or Box of mix that says to Add two Fresh eggs. Who would add Stales Eggs?

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    My 1 1/2 pound lamb foreshank looks like it is all thawed up and ready to cook tomorrow. Should take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, wrapped/bagged in foil, to keep it moist, at 350, and I can bake the potato casserole in the same oven. Being that it is such a small piece of lamb, I doubt that there will be any leftovers to make Irish stew from. After subtracting the bone and fat, there should be enough for a few bites for me and, possibly a couple of bites for D if he wants some. I expect he'll want a taste but will probably pig out (so to speak) on the ham rather than the lamb. I intend eating mostly lamb, with just a bite of each of the carb laden sides, and maybe just a small slice of ham.

I'll be uncorking a bottle of 2013 Villages Beaujolais, which might be just a hair past prime, as normally it's considered that Villages Beaujolais should be consumed within a couple years of the bottling, but it's only a few months past so I think it will be fine. If not, then I will have some fine vinegar for making salad dressing and can open up a bottle of Chianti or something else for Easter dinner. I've got a good selection in the wine cellar so the only difficulty is choosing one!

As for the elephant, once cooked, how do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ed,
    Do you by chance have a recipe for, or make a Sweet Onion Salad Dressing? I 'caved' and bought a bagged salad, by Dole...I think it was Sunflower Chopped Salad? Got it at Kroger. (I also enjoyed the Southwest Chopped salad BTW)...anyhow, I didn't expect to like the salad dressing, but decided to try it.....IT IS DELICIOUS! The bag came with the salad base, sunflower seeds, the onion dressing, and a little bag of 'uncured diced bacon', which of course went straight to the trash! :) Well worth the $3 I paid for it! Adding in my protein and additional salad vegetables I can make 3 huge (meal) salads by adding a serving of beans.
    Going to google Sweet Onion Dressing, but would love one that's been made from 'A Trusted Source" :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny stopped by last night.

Val, i'm afraid that, while I've EATEN some very tasty sweet onion salad dressing, I've never made any myself. I'm sure that Google can turn up a recipe that sounds like what you liked. I don't even know if you had a creamy or non-creamy style dressing.

D has to work until 2 today, so I may just put dinner on hold until the evening meal. I can alway make J a taco salad for lunch...there is some nice, spicy home made guacamole left from last night's dinner taco salad that we both ate.

My CSA boxes for the last several weeks have all contained avocados so we've been eating a LOT of them. There are two more on the table now from the box received Friday, that should be ready to do something with in a few days.

Of course they have contained so many avocados because I chose to leave them in the box or even substituted to GET avocados, because we like them! Next Friday's box is, surprisingly. being left at default, with no substitutions at all, as it looks pretty good as is. And yes, it contains avocados.

• RogerToo
    Options

Notice that the CostCo Gift NS card sale is almost ended, Monday is it.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I have a busy day ahead of me, I already went out walking and picked up two heads of lettuce and two Apples + 7.4k steps :)
    Next is Breakfast, Then Friday the Mail delivery had the Onion plants my Brother ordered and Saturdays mail had the 5 summer bearing and the 5 fall bearing Raspberry plants and a Blackberry plant as well as 3 columnar Apple Trees. They Berry and the apple trees need to be planted today as their in rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Luckily we were outside getting the planting bed ready for the onions and where the Berry plants will go yesterday.

As well as all that we have Easter Dinner to get ready :)

Happy Easter
    Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    xdW6yA.jpg
    My 1 1/2 pound lamb foreshank looks like it is all thawed up and ready to cook tomorrow. Should take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, wrapped/bagged in foil, to keep it moist, at 350, and I can bake the potato casserole in the same oven. Being that it is such a small piece of lamb, I doubt that there will be any leftovers to make Irish stew from. After subtracting the bone and fat, there should be enough for a few bites for me and, possibly a couple of bites for D if he wants some. I expect he'll want a taste but will probably pig out (so to speak) on the ham rather than the lamb. I intend eating mostly lamb, with just a bite of each of the carb laden sides, and maybe just a small slice of ham.

I'll be uncorking a bottle of 2013 Villages Beaujolais, which might be just a hair past prime, as normally it's considered that Villages Beaujolais should be consumed within a couple years of the bottling, but it's only a few months past so I think it will be fine. If not, then I will have some fine vinegar for making salad dressing and can open up a bottle of Chianti or something else for Easter dinner. I've got a good selection in the wine cellar so the only difficulty is choosing one!

As for the elephant, once cooked, how do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time...

Hi Ed
    I await the verdict, Wine or Wine Vinegar :)
    Howdy y'all. Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny stopped by last night.

Val, i'm afraid that, while I've EATEN some very tasty sweet onion salad dressing, I've never made any myself. I'm sure that Google can turn up a recipe that sounds like what you liked. I don't even know if you had a creamy or non-creamy style dressing.

D has to work until 2 today, so I may just put dinner on hold until the evening meal. I can alway make J a taco salad for lunch...there is some nice, spicy home made guacamole left from last night's dinner taco salad that we both ate.

My CSA boxes for the last several weeks have all contained avocados so we've been eating a LOT of them. There are two more on the table now from the box received Friday, that should be ready to do something with in a few days.

Of course they have contained so many avocados because I chose to leave them in the box or even substituted to GET avocados, because we like them! Next Friday's box is, surprisingly. being left at default, with no substitutions at all, as it looks pretty good as is. And yes, it contains avocados.

I did not see anything from the Easter Bunny here :( Not that either of us need empty calories
    FWIW My brother will not even taste a Avocado.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Ed,
    Do you by chance have a recipe for, or make a Sweet Onion Salad Dressing? I 'caved' and bought a bagged salad, by Dole...I think it was Sunflower Chopped Salad? Got it at Kroger. (I also enjoyed the Southwest Chopped salad BTW)...anyhow, I didn't expect to like the salad dressing, but decided to try it.....IT IS DELICIOUS! The bag came with the salad base, sunflower seeds, the onion dressing, and a little bag of 'uncured diced bacon', which of course went straight to the trash! :) Well worth the $3 I paid for it! Adding in my protein and additional salad vegetables I can make 3 huge (meal) salads by adding a serving of beans.
    Going to google Sweet Onion Dressing, but would love one that's been made from 'A Trusted Source" :)

Hi Valerie
    That sounds interesting, I do not think I ever saw a bagged salad with the dressing and Bacon in it at the grocery Store.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good EASTER morning.
    Cats fed, out, and cleaned up after.
    Me fed. Watched a very moving and interesting Easter Sunday Service from North Point Online.
    Am now ready to begin my day.

Roger the salads are with the other bagged lettuces, salads, etc in fresh produce. The ones I have been enjoying are made by Dole. (not sure that is a good thing or not). The onion dressing is a creamy one, and I guess I will be trying several from the grocery shelves...and then reading the labels of the ones I like..trying to replicate. Probably has a zillion calories, and most of them fat...but worth looking into.
    In just a few I will be heading to the kitchen...lunch will be leftover delicious tofu scramble. I wanted to eat the whole pan last night at dinner. Glad I didn't! I want to make the eggless Egg Salad that Ted made for us Christmas. Its tangy and delicious...or at least his was. I have the recipe, so hopefully mine will be good as well! Have asparagus and caramelized onion to put on top, and sweet potato to mash or something...will be a 'spring' dinner.

Roger glad you'll be able to plant the bushes and trees. I wish I had planted the berries, plus blueberry but I haven't/didn't. It would be daily fight with the squirrels, birds, etc. so maybe I've just saved myself some aggravation?

I ate 2 peeps early this morning...will have several after lunch, and the remainder after dinner. My poor pancreas is probably wondering what the heck I'm up to! And my itchy skin tonite when I'm trying to sleep will remind me of my errant moments of pleasure!!!

Sorry Ed...the sweet onion dressing was creamy, not a vinaigrette. And it is sweet. So, no doubt sugar along with the onion and oil...arg. BUT, it perked up a salad!
    Hope that lamb shank is tasty, and that everyone who eats at your table appreciates the excellent meals you share with them. They have no idea how lucky they are.

Wishing for you Peace and Happiness and Renewal, on this Easter Morning.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Final Easter menu:

Deviled eggs.
    Potato salad.
    Cheesy scalloped potatoes.
    Broccoli, rice, cheese casserole.
    Parkerhouse rolls.
    Honey ham.
    Lamb fore shank, slow roasted to perfection.
    Chocolate pudding cake (that no one ate any of...)

Beaujolais-Villages, Georges DuBoeuf, France, 2013. A nice, fruity, not TOO acid, Beaujolais. I was the only one who had wine.

Dishes are all done and the last load of laundry is in the dryer now. I haven't eaten TOO much of the chocolate. The bunny even still has his ears! I ate the one large Cadbury egg and two of the small ones.

Dinner was served at 3:00, a bit late but it worked out as D got home just as the last items were set to "stand" on the stove, so everyone got to eat hot food. As expected, I ate most of the lamb but D did have a couple of bites. I had a few pieces of the deviled eggs and J pigged out on deviled eggs, and of course his favorite potato salad, that I made from his deceased grandmother's recipe. We all had a little of the scalloped potatoes and the rice casserole, I had a little of the potato salad, D and I had rolls. As stated, no one had any desire for chocolate cake after all that food.

After dinner, I took a nap. :)

Supper will be whatever one wants, from the leftovers, whenever (or if) one wants it. I'll have to have SOMETHING but can't say that I'm really hungry for anything as yet. Have to eat with my evening metformin though, so at some point I guess I'll at least stuff a slice of ham into a leftover roll or something.

Hope everyone had a great day! I know it sounds like I worked my tail off on a holiday, but I feel like I had a good day.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Had a little leftover ham and a spoonful of scalloped potatoes for breakfast.

Off to the rat mines!