Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hey, late today!
    Have been at the gym, etc. Laundry going now, and its about lunch time...
    Roger...two things so I don't forget..
    1. my tiller would also run on carb cleaner, etc...turned out the line from the gas tank to the engine was gunked up....a quick removal and clean of the line, and I was in 'business'.
    2. Tofu is made of fermented soybeans. You were right...its a bean. Looks like congealed white latex paint...which was enough to keep me from eating it for a long time!! :( But glad I finally learned how to cook it, how to season it, etc. Ed was a big help there!

Ed, not very sunny today, and plenty windy, but its Friday....and soon to be time to start the weekend! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Regarding the Tiller, The first Thing we did last fall, pull the fuel tank and flush it, then Change the fuel lines as they were slightly cracked from age. I did put Stabil, a gas stabilizer in the gas in the tanks and gas can last fall.

A Rebuild of the Carburetor using a Rebuild kit from Amazon and a cleaning of parts using Carburetor cleaner and when I installed the Carburetor today, set the choke and filled the tank it fired right up and churned the ground as it is supposed to do, We did not till today beyond testing it as it is cold outside with the wind chill :)

Good to know my memory was not letting me down as to what is ToFu.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,674 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. Been up for a little over an hour. Woke up with a slight cramp in the left hip, just below the groin. Unusual place for me to cramp but I got on up and walked it and it went away pretty quickly. It wasn't all that terrible to begin with but I didn't want to lay there and let it get worse, as it would have!

Fed Lilo and and then I breakfasted on leftover "Trashy Tuna Casserole" that I made for last night's dinner. And there's still just a tad more than half the casserole left!

One regular size package of instant mac and cheese.
    One LARGE can (double size) flake light tuna (in water). Yes, this IS double the protein of the "usual" recipe.
    Half a bag frozen peas and carrots.
    About half a cup diced sweet onion.
    One half stick butter.
    About a cup (plus or minus) milk. Add more if needed, remember this will dry out some in the oven.
    One can condensed cream of mushroom soup.
    Salt and pepper to taste.
    About a cup, maybe cup and a half (plus or minus, whatever...) crushed potato chips, preferably rippled, as this has more crunch.

Preheat oven to 350.

Prepare a large casserole dish, spraying with cooking spray

Prepare the mac and cheese, as directed, with the MINIMUM cooking time for the macaroni, using the butter and some of the milk. Stir in the peas and carrots, the onion, the tuna, broken up, (no need to drain, there's not THAT much water in there anyway), the condensed soup, the remaining milk, and mix well, adding salt and pepper if desired. I added just a little bit of pepper and allowed for adjusting the salt and pepper after serving, which worked out well.

Pour all of the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the crushed potato chips on top evenly. Bake, lightly covered with foil, for half an hour or so, then uncover and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes to brown the topping. The casserole should be nice and bubbly.

Remove from oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes and serve hot.

Serves a bunch!

Try to limit yourself to only one serving at a time...

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Sunny, windy, coldish! Lower 40's early today...45 right now.
    Frost tonite. YUCK. I don't have anything out that needs to come back in, except maybe 2 cats...we'll see about that later today.

Next to nothing on my list today...:)
    I may, or may not do some cleaning...except the kitchen, which needs a good clean.

Tofu is weird stuff. I had some of the baked stuff for dinner last night. The original home made sugarless (sorta misnomer... as it IS sweetened with 4 prunes) that I used for marinade wasn't exactly tasty. (the teriyaki is good, just didn't make a good sauce to bake with)...confused? I scraped the block of tofu, and used some 365 Peanut Sauce as a dip sauce...now, that was much better.

Roger, you were way ahead of me with your tiller. Glad it is running! I don't need mine this year, so it sits in the garage, taking up space...

Cats fed, Valerie not fed...think I'll go fix that! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I found a dime AKA 10 cents on the homeward leg of my morning walk. I am still waiting for the forecast snow or rain to start. That means I had a good mornings walk and stayed dry, I did have to wear a Sweatshirt & a Hoodie with Mittens to keep warm on my walk. I refilled the Squirrel proof bird feeder on my return to the house. The Birds seem to be hungry right now :)

Currently I am capturing a 4 hour VHS tape on my big computer and will be editing and Converting it to be in DVD format when that has finished. It is three different Specials I recorded back in the 80s.

I have been listening to the Boston Blackie radio show while walking. Some of the Commercials in it are for Beneficial Finance, Rinso Laudry Detergent and LifeBouy Soap, complete with the B.O that sounds like a ocean Bouy, Link to a commercial on YouTube here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astrjgUhc2I the sound is at the 33 second mark and the 1:22 second mark.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. Been up for a little over an hour. Woke up with a slight cramp in the left hip, just below the groin. Unusual place for me to cramp but I got on up and walked it and it went away pretty quickly. It wasn't all that terrible to begin with but I didn't want to lay there and let it get worse, as it would have!

Fed Lilo and and then I breakfasted on leftover "Trashy Tuna Casserole" that I made for last night's dinner. And there's still just a tad more than half the casserole left!

One regular size package of instant mac and cheese.
    One LARGE can (double size) flake light tuna (in water). Yes, this IS double the protein of the "usual" recipe.
    Half a bag frozen peas and carrots.
    About half a cup diced sweet onion.
    One half stick butter.
    About a cup (plus or minus) milk. Add more if needed, remember this will dry out some in the oven.
    One can condensed cream of mushroom soup.
    Salt and pepper to taste.
    About a cup, maybe cup and a half (plus or minus, whatever...) crushed potato chips, preferably rippled, as this has more crunch.

Preheat oven to 350.

Prepare a large casserole dish, spraying with cooking spray

Prepare the mac and cheese, as directed, with the MINIMUM cooking time for the macaroni, using the butter and some of the milk. Stir in the peas and carrots, the onion, the tuna, broken up, (no need to drain, there's not THAT much water in there anyway), the condensed soup, the remaining milk, and mix well, adding salt and pepper if desired. I added just a little bit of pepper and allowed for adjusting the salt and pepper after serving, which worked out well.

Pour all of the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the crushed potato chips on top evenly. Bake, lightly covered with foil, for half an hour or so, then uncover and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes to brown the topping. The casserole should be nice and bubbly.

Remove from oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes and serve hot.

Serves a bunch!

Try to limit yourself to only one serving at a time...

Hi Ed
    Interesting recipe. The Tuna Casserole we were served growing up was a simple dish. Tuna, Potato Chips and Mushroom soup and bake in the oven :)

I tried the NS Tuna Casserole and TBH it was not very good. I palmed the remainder off on my brother, he'll eat most anything.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Sunny, windy, coldish! Lower 40's early today...45 right now.
    Frost tonite. YUCK. I don't have anything out that needs to come back in, except maybe 2 cats...we'll see about that later today.

Next to nothing on my list today...:)
    I may, or may not do some cleaning...except the kitchen, which needs a good clean.

Tofu is weird stuff. I had some of the baked stuff for dinner last night. The original home made sugarless (sorta misnomer... as it IS sweetened with 4 prunes) that I used for marinade wasn't exactly tasty. (the teriyaki is good, just didn't make a good sauce to bake with)...confused? I scraped the block of tofu, and used some 365 Peanut Sauce as a dip sauce...now, that was much better.

Roger, you were way ahead of me with your tiller. Glad it is running! I don't need mine this year, so it sits in the garage, taking up space...

Cats fed, Valerie not fed...think I'll go fix that! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Teriyaki sauce goes good on so many things.

We had not used the tiller in many, many years. Fortunately the engine did not seize from disuse. When You do need a tiller they are very handy things to have. Where we plan to use it the ground is full of roots and trying to dig by hand was a misery.

I am keeping good thoughts on Our plantings, they were shipped bare root so they had to be planted when they came.

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Need to do laundry today, and maybe get out there and plant a blueberry bush that has been in a pot since last year at least. Also need to think about cooking that big bunch of asparagus that arrived in the CSA box Friday, and make a big salad out of the Romaine and the tomatoes.

Finished off the tuna casserole for breakfast. D did eat some of it last night. Quite a bit, in fact, which helped eliminate it a bit faster. I didn't eat any of it last night as I had already consumed some spicy salmon fried rice at a nice restaurant.

Later, gators!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Quick Good Morning... text from DS1...on his way over to help me with some yard work...ugh! I need to eat breakfast and get dressed. Will be glad when its over and these shrubs are all cut back, etc.

Made my Leek Pie last night. It was pretty good...did you ever make a pie crust with grated potatoes? Most interesting, and fitting for holding creamy leek mix.

Gotta go...
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Leek pie sounds delicious! Recipe please? I got the blueberry bush (gift from friends) planted near the other blueberry bushes I bought a few years ago, and the first load of laundry is nearly dry. Lunch/snack was some Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Nuggets, with some sauce I made from Kroger Classic Whip (in lieu of Miracle Whip), sriracha, and a little super hot ghost pepper ketchup (made by a fried) and just a drop or two of sweetener.

It was our first time eating them and we liked them. I will probably buy them again.

https://www.morningstarfarms.com/products/msf-veggie-bites-product.html

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Got all the laundry done yesterday.

Supposed to be pretty nice in the day today but storms moving in this evening.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    No money found today, yesterday I did find 11 cents however. I could see that it had drizzled before I left the house today so I clipped the larger Umbrella to the backpack and took it with me that way just in case. I did unclip it once but it drizzled lightly and then stopped so I clipped it back on. I am using two carbiners to do that, One clips around the umbrella by the handle and then I use the second one to connect that one to the backpack. It works and keeps the Umbrella out of the way if not needed. I need to research and see if anyone sells a sling for umbrellas as a easier alternative.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Need to do laundry today, and maybe get out there and plant a blueberry bush that has been in a pot since last year at least. Also need to think about cooking that big bunch of asparagus that arrived in the CSA box Friday, and make a big salad out of the Romaine and the tomatoes.

Finished off the tuna casserole for breakfast. D did eat some of it last night. Quite a bit, in fact, which helped eliminate it a bit faster. I didn't eat any of it last night as I had already consumed some spicy salmon fried rice at a nice restaurant.

Later, gators!

Hi Ed
    How do The Blueberry bushes do for You, I had not thought of trying them, We do have a place they could go.

Thanks
    Roger
    Quick Good Morning... text from DS1...on his way over to help me with some yard work...ugh! I need to eat breakfast and get dressed. Will be glad when its over and these shrubs are all cut back, etc.

Made my Leek Pie last night. It was pretty good...did you ever make a pie crust with grated potatoes? Most interesting, and fitting for holding creamy leek mix.

Gotta go...
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    Is that anything like the Sweet Vidalia Onion's pie?

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...I'm late to the party! (and late in general)
    Have spent the morning fighting with computer and phone. I cannot make the calendar sync, and I KNOW it used to...discovered this yesterday evening, when I realized I'd double booked for next Wednesday...ARGGGG! Phone. says one thing, MacBookAir totally didn't list it?????
    Next phone call to Ted will be WHY?!?!??!

Yard work went well...lots done. The kids were really helpful. They got tired, but kept working...found out why as they were leaving. Daddy promised them a meal at McDonalds if they worked! LOL!! Gotta love bribery.

Roger I"ve never eaten Onion Pie...so IDK if similar. :(
    You asked about the Leek Pie. It is OK! Uses grated potato+, for the crust, and silken tofu in the filling, along with other stuff!! (Stuff..Culinary term for additional ingredients :) )
    Its long, but here it is..

Leek Pie from The China Study Cookbook
    Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

For the crust:
    2 medium potatoes, grated
    6 ounces silken tofu
    1/4 cup soy milk
    2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    2 tablespoons almond meal
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

For the filling:
    2 tablespoons vegetable broth
    3 medium leeks, chopped (about 4 cups)
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons white wine
    6 ounces silken tofu, drained and crumbled
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon tarragon, dried
    1 tablespoon thyme, dried
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (avoid the kind packed in oil)
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1 can of chopped black olives (optional)

Steps

For the crust, preheat oven to 350°F. Wash and grate potatoes. Squeeze grated potatoes and drain moisture from them. Stir in tofu, milk, nutritional yeast, almond meal, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
    Spread and pat potatoes into nonstick pie plate.
    Bake the potato crust until golden brown (around 20–25 minutes). Remove from the oven.

For the filling, sauté leeks and garlic in vegetable broth over medium-high heat, until leeks are tender. Add wine and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
    In a large mixing bowl, combine tofu, lemon juice, salt, bread crumbs, tarragon, thyme, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, soy milk, and olives, if using. Gently fold in the leeks.
    Spoon filling into crust and bake for 30–35 minutes.
    Tip: Wash leeks thoroughly, as they tend to be sandy inside.

Observations...
    Use your biggest pie pan...and there was plenty of 'crust' to line an 8 inch pie pan. Next time I'll use a bigger something.

Makes plenty of filling...next time I'll use sliced black olives, not chopped. And I love thyme, but a Tibble of dried is overkill! Maybe a teasp and a half? Mine is now half eaten, and there are 2 more servings. I also had a lot left over after nicely filling my pie pan...so I made a 'Leek Loaf' in a smaller pan. Could have used a bread pan if I'd thought of it .. duh! Anyhow, I froze that...so we'll see if it freezes well in about another month? or so....

And while I was in the kitchen, and all, I used half of another container of Silken Tofu to make chocolate Mousse. It is delicious, I made it in the blender...will rethink that, it is dense like pudding, not whipped like I'd expected. It was simple simple simple...tofu, cocoa powder and Pitted Medjool dates.... Plenty sweet.

Ok, I'm late for my date with the gym! :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. Off to the Orchid Society meeting soon. My blueberries do OK, but would do much better if the $%^& deer would leave them alone. They like to munch the leaves. If I spray them with stinky fox urine stuff it helps with the deer. I stop before they fruit when I remember to do that though.

Blackberries are blooming nicely right now, so I hope to have enough of those to make a small bowl or jar of refrigerator jam or the like, as I did last year.

As for the NS tuna casserole. Gave it two fair tries. It was one of the dishes MOST DIFFICULT to make into anything anyone would actually want to eat...was surprised it stayed available so long. They dropped the tasty tomato soup but not the icky tuna casserole, and tuna salad, come to that, (at the time anyway)? What were they thinking?

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Supposed to be rainy today so no salt races. I'll go to the rat mines instead!

Hopefully the rats won't drown.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    A rainy start to the day outside, wet & Gloomy near 60 degrees however, I was comfortable in Two t-Shirts and rain gear :) 7.3k steps.

Not much on my agenda beyond looking at the source VHS I captured to see if it needs to be re-captured with different settings as the image is washed out.

I just got the confirmation email that my NS order has processed. No tracking number yet, For this one they can take their time as I still have more than enough on hand and could not delay the order further.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good Morning...I'm late to the party! (and late in general)
    Have spent the morning fighting with computer and phone. I cannot make the calendar sync, and I KNOW it used to...discovered this yesterday evening, when I realized I'd double booked for next Wednesday...ARGGGG! Phone. says one thing, MacBookAir totally didn't list it?????
    Next phone call to Ted will be WHY?!?!??!

Yard work went well...lots done. The kids were really helpful. They got tired, but kept working...found out why as they were leaving. Daddy promised them a meal at McDonalds if they worked! LOL!! Gotta love bribery.

Roger I"ve never eaten Onion Pie...so IDK if similar. :(
    You asked about the Leek Pie. It is OK! Uses grated potato+, for the crust, and silken tofu in the filling, along with other stuff!! (Stuff..Culinary term for additional ingredients :) )
    Its long, but here it is..

Leek Pie from The China Study Cookbook
    Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

For the crust:
    2 medium potatoes, grated
    6 ounces silken tofu
    1/4 cup soy milk
    2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    2 tablespoons almond meal
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

For the filling:
    2 tablespoons vegetable broth
    3 medium leeks, chopped (about 4 cups)
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons white wine
    6 ounces silken tofu, drained and crumbled
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon tarragon, dried
    1 tablespoon thyme, dried
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (avoid the kind packed in oil)
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1 can of chopped black olives (optional)

Steps

For the crust, preheat oven to 350°F. Wash and grate potatoes. Squeeze grated potatoes and drain moisture from them. Stir in tofu, milk, nutritional yeast, almond meal, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
    Spread and pat potatoes into nonstick pie plate.
    Bake the potato crust until golden brown (around 20–25 minutes). Remove from the oven.

For the filling, sauté leeks and garlic in vegetable broth over medium-high heat, until leeks are tender. Add wine and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
    In a large mixing bowl, combine tofu, lemon juice, salt, bread crumbs, tarragon, thyme, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, soy milk, and olives, if using. Gently fold in the leeks.
    Spoon filling into crust and bake for 30–35 minutes.
    Tip: Wash leeks thoroughly, as they tend to be sandy inside.

Observations...
    Use your biggest pie pan...and there was plenty of 'crust' to line an 8 inch pie pan. Next time I'll use a bigger something.

Makes plenty of filling...next time I'll use sliced black olives, not chopped. And I love thyme, but a Tibble of dried is overkill! Maybe a teasp and a half? Mine is now half eaten, and there are 2 more servings. I also had a lot left over after nicely filling my pie pan...so I made a 'Leek Loaf' in a smaller pan. Could have used a bread pan if I'd thought of it .. duh! Anyhow, I froze that...so we'll see if it freezes well in about another month? or so....

And while I was in the kitchen, and all, I used half of another container of Silken Tofu to make chocolate Mousse. It is delicious, I made it in the blender...will rethink that, it is dense like pudding, not whipped like I'd expected. It was simple simple simple...tofu, cocoa powder and Pitted Medjool dates.... Plenty sweet.

Ok, I'm late for my date with the gym! :)

Later...

Hi Val
    Here is a recipe from the Internet for Vidalia Pie, looks like lots of dairy :)
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/18532/vidalia-onion-pie/
    6 Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 cup sour cream
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup unsalted butter

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 pinch paprika
    2 tablespoons hot sauce
    2 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping

Bribery with McDonalds Diet food :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. Off to the Orchid Society meeting soon. My blueberries do OK, but would do much better if the $%^& deer would leave them alone. They like to munch the leaves. If I spray them with stinky fox urine stuff it helps with the deer. I stop before they fruit when I remember to do that though.

Blackberries are blooming nicely right now, so I hope to have enough of those to make a small bowl or jar of refrigerator jam or the like, as I did last year.

As for the NS tuna casserole. Gave it two fair tries. It was one of the dishes MOST DIFFICULT to make into anything anyone would actually want to eat...was surprised it stayed available so long. They dropped the tasty tomato soup but not the icky tuna casserole, and tuna salad, come to that, (at the time anyway)? What were they thinking?

Hi Ed
    The Tuna Salad is another one I tried and said how do they keep this thing and get rid of the Pea Soup.

They do sell Deer fencing I guess You could try?
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Supposed to be rainy today so no salt races. I'll go to the rat mines instead!

Hopefully the rats won't drown.

It was raining here when I got up or maybe I should say it had rained and was only drizzling until I got several blocks from home and then it picked up, Naturally.

At least today isn't Tag day
    Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning! Drizzle Day!
    I had half inch of rain in my gauge this morning, so it rained sometime last night :) If I believe the weather folk...it will be 'showery' until Friday??? Oh, good grief!

Heading for the gym shortly, and then a run thru Whole Foods. Their 364 Lemon Juice is really good. I've tried others and keep coming back to the WF brand. (I use it to flavor my water each day) And if there happens to be any Chicken Fried Tofu I'll be getting some...otherwise I have 2 blocks of firm, and one of Silken in my refrigerator.
    Olivia has gym tonite so I'll want a quick supper.

Giggled Roger at the recipe (not at you)...as a Vegan I'd have to opt out of the eggs, butter, sour cream and cheese!! Which leaves me with a crust, onion and hot sauce! You know, if I caramelized the onion, used some silken tofu, nutritional yeast, a few magical herbs, I'll just about bet I could make a decent pie with the onions!!! :) It would almost be worth a try.
    Right now not making another pie...it takes me 4-5 days to eat it all. Soon though!

Cut up some oranges and grapefruit, and sprinkled some minced fresh mint on it....so good. I have some left over, and it looks pretty in a mason jar in the refrigerator. Will be gone, probably won't see the sun set!! I am enjoying grapefruit...after years of not being able to eat it because of that d@mn Lipitor...so glad I got my chol. under control and OFF the drug.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning! Drizzle Day!
    I had half inch of rain in my gauge this morning, so it rained sometime last night :) If I believe the weather folk...it will be 'showery' until Friday??? Oh, good grief!

Heading for the gym shortly, and then a run thru Whole Foods. Their 364 Lemon Juice is really good. I've tried others and keep coming back to the WF brand. (I use it to flavor my water each day) And if there happens to be any Chicken Fried Tofu I'll be getting some...otherwise I have 2 blocks of firm, and one of Silken in my refrigerator.
    Olivia has gym tonite so I'll want a quick supper.

Giggled Roger at the recipe (not at you)...as a Vegan I'd have to opt out of the eggs, butter, sour cream and cheese!! Which leaves me with a crust, onion and hot sauce! You know, if I caramelized the onion, used some silken tofu, nutritional yeast, a few magical herbs, I'll just about bet I could make a decent pie with the onions!!! :) It would almost be worth a try.
    Right now not making another pie...it takes me 4-5 days to eat it all. Soon though!

Cut up some oranges and grapefruit, and sprinkled some minced fresh mint on it....so good. I have some left over, and it looks pretty in a mason jar in the refrigerator. Will be gone, probably won't see the sun set!! I am enjoying grapefruit...after years of not being able to eat it because of that d@mn Lipitor...so glad I got my chol. under control and OFF the drug.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I figured You would not use that recipe as shown, However I did include it as a FYI. As O understand it the Vidalia Onion is a sweet onion too if You have a sweet tooth.

Have a Good shopping trip
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi
    Just a quick Note, MFP has added 2 new options to a post, that would be like and Awesome
    qetkl313lj7u.png

as well as
    Information about positive reactions

You can click like or awesome but not both, and only one reaction per post.
    To view your profile positive reactions, you can go here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/notes/(add your username here)

kszzjbmms8gk.png

So guess who clicked on Awesome as if it were quote, Yup me. It seems to toggle one click for like and the second click to unlike again. I clicked like so You can test it.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday already! Hopefully not too many tags today.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was down around 40 when I started out the door + 7.2K steps. By the time I got home I was feeling a little warm and had unzipped the Hoodie. No Rain in the forecast for until next Tuesday unless there is a change.

I did get a email with a tracking number that said my NS shipment had shipped, specifically it said "Good news! The ready-to-go portion of your Nutrisystem order is on its way and will soon arrive"
    I am guessing that since the tracking number is not active yet that it should come tomorrow as this email is time stamped 8AM :)

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger

Hi Ed
    I hope You have an easy day. I seem to have beat Valerie here today :)

Hi Valerie
    I hope Both of You have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Yep, Roger got here before this sleepy head!
    Actually I've been up since around 6 a.m...just shaking off morning fog, morning stiffness, and reading a lot on fb, and had a 'slug' of emails...

Ed, mostly overcast today, but rain to hold off til early evening...so said the weather minion.
    I hope that to be true.

Yesterday I got the forsythia jungle cut back...I tried for about 4 years to get some started, and no luck, then 2 years ago it actually lived thru the summer, winter, and bloomed in the spring...its been growing a rapidly multiplying ever since!! :) or :( depending ...

bought some organic strawberries yesterday at Whole Foods...they are so good. Put a bit of coconut milk ice cream on top of them....mmmmmm!
    Picked up a couple sale items and they had my delicious chicken fried tofu, so got quite a bit of that...but I didn't fine any 'unusual finds'. Sure hope I haven't come to the end of the culinary adventure there!!!

I have a list of 'to do's' for today, so I guess I really should forego a second cup of coffee and get my feet moving! Hope every has a great day.

Later...
    Oh, sweet onions...there are 3 that are most found, and I can only remember 2 at the moment...Walla Walla, and Vidalia. Maybe Ed can remember the other one for us!!! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yep, Roger got here before this sleepy head!
    Actually I've been up since around 6 a.m...just shaking off morning fog, morning stiffness, and reading a lot on fb, and had a 'slug' of emails...

Ed, mostly overcast today, but rain to hold off til early evening...so said the weather minion.
    I hope that to be true.

Yesterday I got the forsythia jungle cut back...I tried for about 4 years to get some started, and no luck, then 2 years ago it actually lived thru the summer, winter, and bloomed in the spring...its been growing a rapidly multiplying ever since!! :) or :( depending ...

bought some organic strawberries yesterday at Whole Foods...they are so good. Put a bit of coconut milk ice cream on top of them....mmmmmm!
    Picked up a couple sale items and they had my delicious chicken fried tofu, so got quite a bit of that...but I didn't fine any 'unusual finds'. Sure hope I haven't come to the end of the culinary adventure there!!!

I have a list of 'to do's' for today, so I guess I really should forego a second cup of coffee and get my feet moving! Hope every has a great day.

Later...
    Oh, sweet onions...there are 3 that are most found, and I can only remember 2 at the moment...Walla Walla, and Vidalia. Maybe Ed can remember the other one for us!!! :)

Hi Valerie
    It seems You had a good time shopping today.

Congratulations on Taming the Jungle :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger