100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Val, your garden looks wonderful! Washing your sinus will surely help! Pneumonia going around here, probably not helped by crazy weather. Loved the doggie!! What a great way to celebrate the day!! Glad to have you checking in!!

Roger, interesting note on the nurse. That is wonderful. She is surely helped that she is not working in a hospital setting, it probably gave her those extra years, lol! Hers is truly a gift on the serious side. Looks like you got a slight weather break. Will you get that snow from Cleveland, or the tail end of our rain front your way at all?

Loved the humor!! :#

Traveling to Montgomery Thurs. again for a Restless Heart concert. Same theater, diverse programming! Flashback to the 80's, lol! Hoping for same parking! Booked these shows when I realized I was not going anywhere or seeing anything! LOL! Having seafood broiled in moderation this time! o:)

Hope you have entirely kicked your cold! We need to be healthy!! ..Jan 1.3 in. rain :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8.5K Steps, The temperature is 32 degrees and it was already snowing when I went out the door. I wore the complete Frogg Toggs, That would be rain Jacket and Pants. I also wore my Insulated Boots for traction. I also have decided I am crazy for heading out walking in the snow :)

I am running late between running out of energy from the extra walking I did yesterday and then today's walking followed by shoveling this heavy snow :(
    I Was really feeling it from walking through the ever deepening snow. It was OK at 6:15, however by 7:30 as I was heading for home, It was more like walking through soft sand at the beach.

I plan to stay home tomorrow as the temperature is supposed to drop combined with a bitter wind chill...
    I have a suspicion that this wet heavy snow will end up with a sheet of ice under by Friday morning so I plan to play it safe.

While I was walking I heard a thump and saw where a car on the plowed snow covered road had hit the curb. I also was Slushed when the State plows went by, It was a good thing I was where I could lean against something and was wearing Rain gear from head to toe. When I heard them coming I turned away from the road so as to not get hit with slush in the face.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I had a good day. My cold is almost gone! I'm still cautious but this looks like it will be the first cold in a year that I fought off bt myself...vs the others that continued into sinus infections and needed antibiotics etc. i had my blood drawn today in advance of next Wednesday's doctor appointment. I'm so glad to be here with you guys and to really be back working on living rather than giving up.

Hi Val
    I hope You continue to get better quickly.

We appreciate You dropping by too.
    So, i just said I thought i was kicking this cold...just washed my sinuses and was surprised at all that was in there. Note to self...I really need to keep regular with my sinus washing! On a more pleasant note...veggies are growing. The things I first thought were zucchini, i now think may be cauliflower. But either was I'm excited about growing my food!
    I believe the first picture posted is the Zucchini.

I forget, are You growing Celery too?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Morning all!

Val, your garden looks wonderful! Washing your sinus will surely help! Pneumonia going around here, probably not helped by crazy weather. Loved the doggie!! What a great way to celebrate the day!! Glad to have you checking in!!

Roger, interesting note on the nurse. That is wonderful. She is surely helped that she is not working in a hospital setting, it probably gave her those extra years, lol! Hers is truly a gift on the serious side. Looks like you got a slight weather break. Will you get that snow from Cleveland, or the tail end of our rain front your way at all?

Loved the humor!! :#

Traveling to Montgomery Thurs. again for a Restless Heart concert. Same theater, diverse programming! Flashback to the 80's, lol! Hoping for same parking! Booked these shows when I realized I was not going anywhere or seeing anything! LOL! Having seafood broiled in moderation this time! o:)

Hope you have entirely kicked your cold! We need to be healthy!! ..Jan 1.3 in. rain :)

Hi Jan
    Flu season is in full blossom :(

I hope to post more humor later today.

Enjoy The Show
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Posted more now
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan--good for you to get out and enjoy concerts. Stay strong with your food choices, I'm still learning how one variation can crank up the cravings. ~Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger, yes i have three celery plants growing...plus onion, garlic, zucchini, and cauliflower. I have seeds (not started) for tomatoes, peppers, and kale...but space planning is becoming more and more important. Congrats on your walking...glad you were protected from the splashing road slush! Safety first with ice...hip injuries can heal very slowly. ~Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi all!

Phew I am tired! I did stay with my broiled seafood choices, and had a sweet potato, plain. I feel overstuffed but was in my calories. I cleaned house some and walked a lot. I had 10,065 steps for today. The concert was really good! They (Restless Heart) are still an awesome band, and have been playing together for 33 years with only a slight hiatus. My favorite song still is "Bluest Eyes in Texas!" They did a shout out of appreciation for Glenn Campbell, and a few songs by some country artists they had sung with. Also a drum solo on par with Gene Krupa! I think I spelled that wrong. We did get them back for one song- standing ovation and screaming, lol! I know they were exhausted, they are in their 50's and 60's and they moved and played like they were 30. They still have it!! :)

Of course many of us in the audience looked a little older, heavier and worse for wear! :D

Roger, glad you bundled up! I can't believe about the snow plow! I bet you are right on the future prediction of roads and sidewalks! We are 33 tonite for one nite. It is clear and chilly! You are going to have to house walk, minus the time for shoveling! Careful!!!

Val, keep up the good work! You are motivating me! And I enjoy seeing you post on the home page!

I am fix'n to read the humor page! ..Stay strong all!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was not out walking today, The temperature is 21 degrees and that has a bitter feel to it when I stuck my head out the door. Yesterdays snow was wet and heavy and had a wet layer at the bottom of it due to the way the temperatures started out warm and dropped. I decided to stay home and avoid probable slippery conditions.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan--good for you to get out and enjoy concerts. Stay strong with your food choices, I'm still learning how one variation can crank up the cravings. ~Val

Hi Val
    It does not take much in some cases to cause cravings and sometimes the triggers are not what You would expect.
    Hi Roger, yes i have three celery plants growing...plus onion, garlic, zucchini, and cauliflower. I have seeds (not started) for tomatoes, peppers, and kale...but space planning is becoming more and more important. Congrats on your walking...glad you were protected from the splashing road slush! Safety first with ice...hip injuries can heal very slowly. ~Val

I suspect that You find that the Squash family plants take the most space and grow the fastest which is why the Zucchini are heavy feeders.

Good Luck And stay Safe and Warm
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all!

Phew I am tired! I did stay with my broiled seafood choices, and had a sweet potato, plain. I feel overstuffed but was in my calories. I cleaned house some and walked a lot. I had 10,065 steps for today. The concert was really good! They (Restless Heart) are still an awesome band, and have been playing together for 33 years with only a slight hiatus. My favorite song still is "Bluest Eyes in Texas!" They did a shout out of appreciation for Glenn Campbell, and a few songs by some country artists they had sung with. Also a drum solo on par with Gene Krupa! I think I spelled that wrong. We did get them back for one song- standing ovation and screaming, lol! I know they were exhausted, they are in their 50's and 60's and they moved and played like they were 30. They still have it!! :)

Of course many of us in the audience looked a little older, heavier and worse for wear! :D

Roger, glad you bundled up! I can't believe about the snow plow! I bet you are right on the future prediction of roads and sidewalks! We are 33 tonite for one nite. It is clear and chilly! You are going to have to house walk, minus the time for shoveling! Careful!!!

Val, keep up the good work! You are motivating me! And I enjoy seeing you post on the home page!

I am fix'n to read the humor page! ..Stay strong all!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I saw three things You posted, 21 hours ago lost 2 lbs since her last weigh-in! Buttons61's lost 16 lbs so far.
    and
    8 hours ago burned 167 calories doing 30 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace
    Me too, I do not run these days :)
    Also
    8 hours ago completed her food and exercise diary for 2/09/2017 and was under her calorie goal

I'm glad You had such a great time at the concert.

I was over 14K steps Wednesday and ended up well over 10K yesterday. I may or may not do any house walking as that is boring to me, I do not know how my brother does it every day.

Who knows I may even get out and try to clear off the car. Or I may just wait until my Brother goes somewhere. Where the car is it is a chore to clear it off.

Congratulations on You Home page items
    Roge
  • RogerToo
    Options
    BTW I had a burst of energy a I sit here drinking my coffee and posted more humor :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

I never have a burst of energy at 7 am! :)
    If you don't clean off the car, you can make a face on it!!! :#

Your steps are awesome! I can see with the distance you go, it would be boring inside to walk. It will be interesting to see how your roads outside fared. Is the snow staying around for a while?

Your humorous page cracked me up! Loved the cow especially!

I just realized I leave for New Orleans in about 3 weeks. I HOPE I can lose down to where I want before going. And be discipline there, lol! I do think there is a cafe with my name on it serving beignets.. Louisiana food is not a good dieting experience, lol! It is a carb jungle!

I probably won't be doing much after that. Traveling is hard on the puppies especially the older one. May is young, but a whole week gone is hard on them both. Especially, as to make the bus Monday morning, I have to drop them off the Sat. before noon. I probably will not get back in time to get them on Friday, so I will get them on Sat morning. Turns a 5 day trip into 8. :'( I did reserve Chester his own 2 window suit. I am hoping it will help as he sleeps when I am gone at the house. May will have to make due with an indoor- outdoor run. I do want to get to the beach and see the ocean this summer. I have not been in several years. But that can be an overnite and not so bad. I hope, lol!

Take care! Good time to read. :) .. Jan B) Warming up!

• hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan, glad you enjoyed the concert. Loved your comment about the audience aging. My last concert was the BeeGees in 1995...and i had that same thought about the audience. How exciting for your NO trip. I love how you care for your dogs...and consider how thing affect them too. Kerp your eyes on your goals. You know every pound you lose before you go will make all the walking you do there easier. ~Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger, thanks on the tip about feeding my zucchini...i just bought them veggie plants food and bigger pots. Today i started seeds for kale. I'm hoping everything keeps growing. Stay warm! ~Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I'm feeling puny, like this cold is actually turning into a sinus infection. I already have a doctor appointment Wednesday and my body should decide by then. I bought five 40# bags of dirt today and it took every but of energy for me to carry them 100 feet to the backyard. I actually had to sit down and rest after two bags. Short winded and overall exhaustion.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 9800 steps, The temperature is 37 degrees and that is a fair amount warmer than yesterday. There was a coating of ice under any snow that was not shoveled.

I had a off day yesterday for Dinner. We ordered in from Joe's Meat Market, They deliver cooked foods or uncooked. I ordered the Market Steak with Peter Luger Steak Sauce that came with fries and a Home Made Cheesecake, Too Much foods, I felt overstuffed :(
    My Brother had the Fish and Chips, and a Sausage Pizza. that is mostly for today's consumption.

I finished the Green Hornet radio shows from the 40s that were loaded on my iPod today while walking and right after I switched to classic rock it announced in my ear "Low Battery" so I need to do some volume leveling and load more Green Hornet etc, and then sync and charge the iPod.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

I never have a burst of energy at 7 am! :)
    If you don't clean off the car, you can make a face on it!!! :#

Your steps are awesome! I can see with the distance you go, it would be boring inside to walk. It will be interesting to see how your roads outside fared. Is the snow staying around for a while?

Your humorous page cracked me up! Loved the cow especially!

I just realized I leave for New Orleans in about 3 weeks. I HOPE I can lose down to where I want before going. And be discipline there, lol! I do think there is a cafe with my name on it serving beignets.. Louisiana food is not a good dieting experience, lol! It is a carb jungle!

I probably won't be doing much after that. Traveling is hard on the puppies especially the older one. May is young, but a whole week gone is hard on them both. Especially, as to make the bus Monday morning, I have to drop them off the Sat. before noon. I probably will not get back in time to get them on Friday, so I will get them on Sat morning. Turns a 5 day trip into 8. :'( I did reserve Chester his own 2 window suit. I am hoping it will help as he sleeps when I am gone at the house. May will have to make due with an indoor- outdoor run. I do want to get to the beach and see the ocean this summer. I have not been in several years. But that can be an overnite and not so bad. I hope, lol!

Take care! Good time to read. :) .. Jan B) Warming up!
    Hi Jan
    It is easier to have a burst of energy at 7AM when You were up before 6AM :)

I did go through Louisiana one January with a stop at New Orleans on my vacation. The weather was bad here that year so I called work and they said no problem extending Your vacation :) So I was in Florida for a few days then I drove across the southern tier stopping all along the way to see the sights such touring NAS Pensacola is, touring the Battleship Alabama, New Orleans, The Alamo, and Carlsbad Caverns and more before boomeranging back to Florida for a few more days in Orlando. I do not recall the food being good or bad ? OTOH I tend to have breakfast at a southern chain that had a great Breakfast Buffet :)

I hope the trip goes well for You and the Puppies
    Roger

Currently I'm listening to Vaughn Monroe Singing Racing With The Moon.

Congratulations on Your achievement 10 hours ago completed her food and exercise diary for 2/10/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    I wish I could say that :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger, thanks on the tip about feeding my zucchini...i just bought them veggie plants food and bigger pots. Today i started seeds for kale. I'm hoping everything keeps growing. Stay warm! ~Val

Hi Val
    I think You'll be surprised to see how fast they grow.
    I'm feeling puny, like this cold is actually turning into a sinus infection. I already have a doctor appointment Wednesday and my body should decide by then. I bought five 40# bags of dirt today and it took every but of energy for me to carry them 100 feet to the backyard. I actually had to sit down and rest after two bags. Short winded and overall exhaustion.

Good Luck with that Cold. I have been there with the energy shortage too. It happens sadly.

Congratulations on the Burn 14 hours ago burned 426 calories doing 60 minutes of Gardening, general
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Oh, Before I forget, More humor was posted this morning :)