100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Roger please take care of yourself and that scratchy throat. I hope you both have a lovely Easter.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited April 2017
    I posted yet more humor this morning, Enjoy :)
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7900 steps. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees on the weather forecast vs 59 on the front porch :)
    It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)
    It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 80s today and cooler tomorrow.

While I was walking I had a Fox run across the road and up the block 2+ blocks from home. I also saw a lot of White Violets and Purple Violets blooming in the lawns along the sidewalks. I have the early variety of Bleeding Hearts in bloom now too.

There is a 11 pound Reduced Sodium Cook's brand Shank Half Ham in Refrigerator for the Easter feast.

Have a Wonderful Easter
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Morning All!

It is a lazy day! I have outside work to do, but without caffeine, I am not too motivated to do anything! I may need a cup of caffeine tea. Less caffeine than coffee, but possibly I will actually move, lol! I do have a ton to do! ;)

Roger, sorry you are not feeling 100%. With your weather changes, it is not surprising to feel a little punk! On the bright side, your humor was great! The New Orleans pics of the amusement park are very haunting, especially because of the clouds the day the photographer was shooting. I have seen other works he has done. He seems pretty talented. It is sad there is not some clean-up effort by Disney.They made money off it, so I do not think they should leave it in such a mess. That happens a lot all over the country, and really hurts the local area.I will have to figure out just where it was located. We saw parts of the 11th ward and some still existing damage east of the city. I think that is not where that was though. Interesting...

The BBQ place here has an interesting cornbread, really unique. It is very moist, almost like a dessert cake made with cornbread, with almost a lemon aftertaste, but subtle. It is sweet. If I was not worried about carbs it did go well with the collards. I can not say it is my favorite, though it was very tasty. I love all cornbreads! Sweet, not sweet, yellow or white, crumbly dry or moist, lol! Funny for a northerner! :#

I hope you feel better, delayed Easter or not! "Celebrate" twice...one just not so zestful!

Have a good one, whenever it will be! :) ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I think that amusement park is a Six Flags, Not Disney :)

If I said that sounds like the "Cornbread" I had that is supplied by a Mexican bakery to that grocery store would You be surprised. I tried some of the Mexican Breads and they are somewhat sweet too.

I don't know why that would seem surprising to You? I like cornbread too, the ShopRite sells ready to eat trays of a more traditional cornbread that are tasty too, of course I did smear it with lots of butter in the past :)

When I read the nutritional label on the Reduced Sodium Ham a 3 ounce serving is 180 calories and 780mg of Sodium. That makes me wonder how much sodium is in the regular hams ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger please take care of yourself and that scratchy throat. I hope you both have a lovely Easter.

Hi Val
    The scratchy throat has not made an appearance today, So far :)

They showed the birth on the NYC news and they put a large circular blur over it, That made me think, Why bother to show it?

Enjoy Your Easter Sunday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning All,

Pretty day down here, too. Glad you are feeling better, Roger!

Yep, that was 6 flags that should have done the clean up at NOLA! I had been looking at the places in Ohio and one had been owned by Disney at one time. I am so old only the first 35 seconds applied to the park I knew! It was almost the original park from the 1890's, with only a picture or two of the very original rides. The people lamenting were in their 20's thru 40's, and they had added stuff at that time after I left the area! Feeling creeky! :#

Thanks for the humor! I think regular ham runs around 650 mg Na for only 2 oz. and ham steak runs around 950, so it varies! And would you eat only 2 oz.? You did get a savings!

So glad that giraffe had that baby, and it is so cute! The news on the computer had slides of the birth, nothing blocked out. Ridiculous when you think what is on T.V. they think natural birth is not appropriate. We are funny people! Glad you got to witness it, Val!

Cornbread is such a staple here and so prized! It was not to prevalent in Ohio where I grew up. Times have changed! And the Germans had a hard time with realizing corn on the cob was good, and not just cow food! And we were there 8 plus years! They would like cornbread too, though. :D

I hope all had a good Easter! Off to church, I am late!, LOL! Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    My roommate invited her boyfriend over for an Easter meal. I tidied up (way overdue), and my hip cooperated. I enjoyed having a grest meal with my little family (including my fosters). I ste way too much, but it was not unhealthy foods. That was 8 hours ago and I still feel full. So, I think I'll skip the scale tomorrow.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    While I was out walking Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny visited my House. Or to put it another way my traditionalist brother left me a small box of yellow Peeps, a 3.5 Ounce Chocolate Lindt Easter Bunny and some Unsalted Almonds that were leftover from a jar of fancy Mixed nuts since he does not care for the almonds. At least there were no Jelly Beans :)

I was out walking today and did 8452 steps. The temperature this morning was 65 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze. OTOH I did get drizzled on twice :)
    It is forecast to be cooler tomorrow.

My Brother did a Chocolate Pudding Pie yesterday in a Graham Cracker Crust topped with home made Whipped Cream. I suspect he managed to use too much milk in the Pudding as it did not really firm up well. OTOH it were very tasty :)
    I went out the door later than usual as my last stop of the walk is a bank. So Walk, Stop for Scrambled Eggs, Home Fries in the Refrigerator, Produce Store for Bananas and then the Bank after it had opened.

From Here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/12/clean-eating-ticking-timebomb-puts-young-risk-fractures/
    'Clean eating' is a ticking timebomb that puts young at risk of fractures now too.
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor
    A cult of clean eating is a “ticking timebomb” that could leave young people with weak bones, the National Osteoporosis Society has warned.

Research by the charity shows that four in ten of those aged between 18 and 24 have tried such regimes, which are now coming under attack for cutting out major food groups, such as dairy.

The diets have become increasingly fashionable, and are associated with a number of celebrities, who have boasted how they have cut out gluten, dairy, grains and refined sugars.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning All,

Pretty day down here, too. Glad you are feeling better, Roger!

Yep, that was 6 flags that should have done the clean up at NOLA! I had been looking at the places in Ohio and one had been owned by Disney at one time. I am so old only the first 35 seconds applied to the park I knew! It was almost the original park from the 1890's, with only a picture or two of the very original rides. The people lamenting were in their 20's thru 40's, and they had added stuff at that time after I left the area! Feeling creeky! :#

Thanks for the humor! I think regular ham runs around 650 mg Na for only 2 oz. and ham steak runs around 950, so it varies! And would you eat only 2 oz.? You did get a savings!

So glad that giraffe had that baby, and it is so cute! The news on the computer had slides of the birth, nothing blocked out. Ridiculous when you think what is on T.V. they think natural birth is not appropriate. We are funny people! Glad you got to witness it, Val!

Cornbread is such a staple here and so prized! It was not to prevalent in Ohio where I grew up. Times have changed! And the Germans had a hard time with realizing corn on the cob was good, and not just cow food! And we were there 8 plus years! They would like cornbread too, though. :D

I hope all had a good Easter! Off to church, I am late!, LOL! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I did have a nice Easter.

5 foot 9 inches over 100 pounds as I understand it is some baby.

From what I know they show much more on regular TV overseas compared to here.

I'm off now to do house work and probably yard work too.

I had not heard that about the Germans, Thanks for educating me.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My roommate invited her boyfriend over for an Easter meal. I tidied up (way overdue), and my hip cooperated. I enjoyed having a great meal with my little family (including my fosters). I ate way too much, but it was not unhealthy foods. That was 8 hours ago and I still feel full. So, I think I'll skip the scale tomorrow.

Hi Val
    That is the way I was thinking this morning and then from habit I hopped onto the scale anyway. Surprised me, Especially since I know I am retaining water.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I have posted even more humor this morning, Enjoy :)

Actually to be technical about it some was just interesting to me and not humorous.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I was the unhealthy person for Easter! I had fried clams, coconut shrimp and some crawfish creole. It was good though and I enjoyed the celebration. With that, I did not need chocolate...small victory- as the meal was not the most healthy. :# That was followed by small group where I did forgo a sandwich, but had a small piece of apple cobbler and a few chips..... oops , lol!

I enjoyed the humor, Roger, and the airplane pics were interesting! That is an expensive hobby I would think, but pretty neat!

Glad everyone had a Good Easter! I missed being at home a little more, though I always enjoy my group.

That is interesting about the diet from the UK source. I would think clean eating would include organic and pastured dairy, milk and eggs. And no processed. I get the grains though. I think they were right about there is no clear definition. I find you have to really ask a person what and how they eat as opposed to just naming a diet. Some diets , like the Mediterranean Diet seem more accurate.

Definitely need to go back to my lower carb intake! Today! o:) Take care, all! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    I posted even more humor this morning, enjoy :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6400 steps. The temperature this morning was 84/51 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)

Poor Atlanta, From Here:
    http://www.thedrive.com/news/9385/westbound-section-of-i-20-in-atlanta-buckles-almost-kills-motorcyclist
    Westbound Section of I-20 in Atlanta Buckles, Almost Kills Motorcyclist

Atlanta, you can't catch a break. First, part of I-85 burns to the ground. Overnight, part of I-75/85 was temporarily closed due to an accident and chemical spill. Even without all this, traffic in and around the city is an absolute nightmare. Now, a westbound section of I-20 just to the east of downtown has buckled and will be closed until at least Tuesday afternoon.

On Monday morning, part of I-20 buckled and rose up just as motorcyclist happened upon the spot. The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported that the rider was launched into the air and suffered multiple fractures. Thankfully, he was not hit by any cars during the accident. Several motorists stopped to help. The motorcyclist was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.

The damage to the interstate seems to have been caused by some work being done to old gas lines that run under the road. Crews were reportedly pumping concrete into old, unused gas lines. Unexpectedly, a build-up of air occurred in the line, creating uplift in the soil below I-20. The pocket of air forced the sections of roadway to crack and rise several feet.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I was the unhealthy person for Easter! I had fried clams, coconut shrimp and some crawfish creole. It was good though and I enjoyed the celebration. With that, I did not need chocolate...small victory- as the meal was not the most healthy. :# That was followed by small group where I did forgo a sandwich, but had a small piece of apple cobbler and a few chips..... oops , lol!

I enjoyed the humor, Roger, and the airplane pics were interesting! That is an expensive hobby I would think, but pretty neat!

Glad everyone had a Good Easter! I missed being at home a little more, though I always enjoy my group.

That is interesting about the diet from the UK source. I would think clean eating would include organic and pastured dairy, milk and eggs. And no processed. I get the grains though. I think they were right about there is no clear definition. I find you have to really ask a person what and how they eat as opposed to just naming a diet. Some diets , like the Mediterranean Diet seem more accurate.

Definitely need to go back to my lower carb intake! Today! o:) Take care, all! Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I blew it Sunday too when I ate the whole Easter Bunny all 3.5 ounces of it and the Almonds :(

I think so, I understand that those model airplane jet engines are fairly expensive, However it is neat that they can fly it.

I thought that the article on clean living was interesting if a little weird.

Congratulations, I see You made it :)
    8 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/17/2017 and was under their calorie goal.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Well, what is Easter without a little chocolate! Did you eat the ears first? I think you may lose the Easter weight before I lose again seriously, but am willing to be surprised! I finally broke that Plateau and am into my next ten lbs. to lose. I am under no illusion I need to do well though to keep it there! Nevertheless I am a happy camper! :)

Unbelievable about Atlanta! I must have checked the news before it happened. That is just incredibly scary. I won't need to drive to Atlanta till October. Hopefully, all that mess will be over by then. I feel sorry for those dealing with it all.

Thanks for posting more humor! It sure brightens the day! I have to take my car in for its 5,000 mile check-up, hopefully free with the Toyota program. It will be a nice drive as it is sunny with a high near 90. That is the forecast all week. Not looking good on the rain front, and I will probably turn on the air for the puppies when I am gone. The first time...The house gets really stuffy, and it is about a half hour freeway drive there and back again. Country though, so pretty.

Keep up the good walking and stay away from chocolate, lol! Hope to hear from Val about how the MRI went! I hope good news! ..Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Hi Jan and Roger, my post-Easter food intake had two chocolate bars with almonds. They weren't as good as I remember (i know, then why eat two?). I don't have the MRI results but I'm very happy to say that the tech was perfect! He was courteous, added humor to help matme more at ease...and (what i love most) explained to me everything I needed to know about what was going to happen (e.g., the noise, length of time, wrapping a sheet around my feet to make sure they stayed still, the call button, the sensation of heat, etc.). It took 45 minutes. Part of the time I imagined that I was in a tiny submarine going all the way down to the Titanic. Other times I imagined that I was in a tiny TARDIS (Dr Who) hurling through time and space wondering if I'd arrive in medieval times or prehistoric times or maybe in The Downton Abbey time period. So, it really wasn't bad at all.
  • hope4change_val
    Found these using Google. On the map of San Antonio, look at the top and the N-S freeway is 281. Follow that down and you can see that two Airport runways are adjacent and perpendicular. Other pics show planes over the freeway...but they really seem much closer.rb5gvip7sgb0.jpg
    mr9yqrkzjwxi.gif
    81egpbs6b5u5.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I did it again and posted more humor this morning, enjoy :)

Hi
    I was out walking today and only did 4100 steps. The temperature this morning was 45/41 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Good morning!

Well, what is Easter without a little chocolate! Did you eat the ears first? I think you may lose the Easter weight before I lose again seriously, but am willing to be surprised! I finally broke that Plateau and am into my next ten lbs. to lose. I am under no illusion I need to do well though to keep it there! Nevertheless I am a happy camper! :)

Unbelievable about Atlanta! I must have checked the news before it happened. That is just incredibly scary. I won't need to drive to Atlanta till October. Hopefully, all that mess will be over by then. I feel sorry for those dealing with it all.

Thanks for posting more humor! It sure brightens the day! I have to take my car in for its 5,000 mile check-up, hopefully free with the Toyota program. It will be a nice drive as it is sunny with a high near 90. That is the forecast all week. Not looking good on the rain front, and I will probably turn on the air for the puppies when I am gone. The first time...The house gets really stuffy, and it is about a half hour freeway drive there and back again. Country though, so pretty.

Keep up the good walking and stay away from chocolate, lol! Hope to hear from Val about how the MRI went! I hope good news! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Of course I ate the ears first, What else :)

I hope Your AC is OK, I always have some worry on the first use of the year. I already ran the wall unit in the Living Room as the room was up over 80. My Crazy brother picked the hottest day in over a week to use the oven :)

Regarding Atlanta I saw this posted.
    And now we have a sinkhole in John's Creek and we had flooding slowing down traffic on 285.

I think we may be the lost city of Atlanta...
    and this
    AND a fire under a bridge in Brookhaven, on a road that is one of the I-85 alternate routes...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/buford-highway-closed-in-brookhaven-over-fire-under-bridge/513514631
    and this comment on that
    I'd missed the fire in Brookhaven! Good heaven, ATL is burning again! I think in the last 3 weeks we've probably burned more than Sherman did. ;(

Congratulations on both of these status posts
    yesterday, lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 23 lbs so far.
    and
    6 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/18/2017 and was under their calorie goal.

I know that since You stuck to it to break through the plateau You can carry on the rest of the way oe81wh.png
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan and Roger, my post-Easter food intake had two chocolate bars with almonds. They weren't as good as I remember (i know, then why eat two?). I don't have the MRI results but I'm very happy to say that the tech was perfect! He was courteous, added humor to help matme more at ease...and (what i love most) explained to me everything I needed to know about what was going to happen (e.g., the noise, length of time, wrapping a sheet around my feet to make sure they stayed still, the call button, the sensation of heat, etc.). It took 45 minutes. Part of the time I imagined that I was in a tiny submarine going all the way down to the Titanic. Other times I imagined that I was in a tiny TARDIS (Dr Who) hurling through time and space wondering if I'd arrive in medieval times or prehistoric times or maybe in The Downton Abbey time period. So, it really wasn't bad at all.

Hi Val
    That is how I feel if I eat Chinese takeout, It is not nearly as good as I remembered it to be, I eat it all anyway, then feel bloated and wonder why did I do that? :(

I do know what the tardis is :)
    I'm glad that Your experience was good and that Your imagination helped.
    Found these using Google. On the map of San Antonio, look at the top and the N-S freeway is 281. Follow that down and you can see that two Airport runways are adjacent and perpendicular. Other pics show planes over the freeway...but they really seem much closer.
    81egpbs6b5u5.jpg
    FWIW when I looked at the Last of the three pictures which I left in here, I though wow, how did they land that United Jet between the roads with no damage, Talk about perfect timing.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger