100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Well, I was talking to someone and never got a hot dog, they ran out and could have used about 1-2 doz. more. But I was glad the turnout was great. I had a small helping of chips and beans! I have just a little to bring home, so more beans tonite! My diet today? 1100 calories beans, and a few chips and a slice of cheese, lol! My key lime pie was gone, so I did not get a slice of that either, lol! All in all, a good morning though a little heavy on the carbs, ha ha!
    Love the humor!! It is almost 80 degrees, with lows back in the 60's. Crazy weather!! Jan.. :)

Hi Jan
    A Shame, I love a Good Hot Dog :)
    There was a advertisement for Nathan's Hot Dogs, 99 cents per hot dog and a limit of two. I can buy them frozen ready to heat at the Dollar store and 270 calories with the Hot Dog and Bun. The limit would be how many they have to sell :)

Our Weather has been weird too.
    Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    I And again, I posted some humor this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan and Roger. I'm feeling much better emotionally. For more than a year, my regular doc (who is super nice), thought this pain was from a crushed hip...which takes a year to heal. It was only because we got to 14 months with no improvement that I insisted on seeing an ortho doc. Yes the guy was a royal jerk. But i do think his diagnosis is right. I've talked with many friends that have had ortho surgery and they say most are royal jerks! I need competence more than a warm fuzzy, but I'm going to set my boundaries on him we deal with each other. I've also done a lot of reading and watched many YouTube videos both professional and patients. It is true that most don't require surgery....IF treated promptly... and if caused by running rather than an acute injury. When not treated, crystals form in the bursa and it thickens...and more often needs surgery. It had been doing okay around the house with a cane to relive pressure...but i walked three miles today w the cane, and had incapacitating pain and could barely get back to the car. Fortunately the pain subsided sitting in the car! I want my normal abilities back! Interestingly, if they surgically remove the bursa...the body grows a new one! I never knew that. Thank you Roger for caring and looking up helpful info and Jan for all your care and encouragement. You're both so wonderful!

Hi Val
    I agree Competence over Nice but not so good. I wonder why they are like that.

I wonder if You have reached the Surgery stage?

FWIW Just in case when I walk I have places located that I can sit, Since being outdoors especially in the winter makes my nose run and I need to stop since one hand is holding the coffee cup and the other the Walking Stick :)
    Parts of town that is Benches provided by the town along some streets and in parks and on other parts it will be a wall with a nice flat surface :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Glad you are sticking up for yourself, Val. Yeah, sometimes we need the jerks. The hospital refines jerks because they are so catered to.... Testosterone haven. You also have to have an enormous amount of ego to get thru med school and to take pt. lives in your hands. Or what we called hoost-pah in my family long ago, lol! We are just lucky some sweet ones get thru! Thank goodness you are a self advocate! I swear, you are my hero! :)

I never knew a bursa grew back. Amazing. You sound as though you are armed with info. I hope you will get to a more pain free place! Sounds like you will!! <3

We are very lucky Roger is so sensible and knowledgeable! Shucks, I hope this does not go to his head!! :#

I am bloated from beans....love Nathan's hot dogs...yum!!

Plateau continues. Thank goodness for MFP too and their tracking system. I have been at this weight plateau for 31 days, then regained 2x in the last year. I am on day 11, and I will not give up! I will get lower even if I stay at this place another 10 days! I will get lower- and not gain back!

I also will not eat beans for a while, lol. But they sure were good, and I was still under for calories, lol!

Hang in there all!! Thanks for more humor, Roger! You are indeed awesome!! So are you, Val!! ..Jan B)

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Three good things to report: (1) I called the doc to ask if I qualify for an MRI based on the injury, time elapsed, and severe pain over the weekend. PA called me back and said he agrees and will see if insurance will cover...look, I'm acting like a grownup. (2) i ate healthfully all day. (3) my 14 year old...passed ALL sections in her COLLEGE entrance exams! Including ACING the math section. Just three years ago (and before) she had been consistently failing standardized reading tests (Dyslexia)...until she fell in love with Harry Potter. Today's test coordinator was telling the other parents not to think of this as failure because this test is for high school juniors and seniors...and it's amazing if an 8th grader passes. After Em came out, two school counselors also came out to meet her and ask her what classes she wants...this really opens doors for her! I'm so happy and excited for her!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Emily uf6uni0hbegs.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I just posted more humor this morning :)
    Congratulations Val on the 2 pound weight loss.
    Congratulations Jan on being under Your Calorie Goal. Be careful not to go to far under it however as that can be counterproductive.

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.3K steps + I found a Dollar Bill. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees on the weather forecast vs 55 on the front porch :)
    It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 80 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be at least as warm today.

I ordered some NS eGift cards yesterday from CostCo while they are on sale. I could not resist the price of $55 for a $100 face value. I should try again as they do have a limit of 10 per customer. I am hoping that the limit applies on a per order basis, if Not I will have to try picking them up at the store and see if that works. I printed them out this morning.

I did see a herd of deer by one of the brooks while walking today.

Have a Super Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Glad you are sticking up for yourself, Val. Yeah, sometimes we need the jerks. The hospital refines jerks because they are so catered to.... Testosterone haven. You also have to have an enormous amount of ego to get thru med school and to take pt. lives in your hands. Or what we called hoost-pah in my family long ago, lol! We are just lucky some sweet ones get thru! Thank goodness you are a self advocate! I swear, you are my hero! :)

I never knew a bursa grew back. Amazing. You sound as though you are armed with info. I hope you will get to a more pain free place! Sounds like you will!! <3

We are very lucky Roger is so sensible and knowledgeable! Shucks, I hope this does not go to his head!! :#

I am bloated from beans....love Nathan's hot dogs...yum!!

Plateau continues. Thank goodness for MFP too and their tracking system. I have been at this weight plateau for 31 days, then regained 2x in the last year. I am on day 11, and I will not give up! I will get lower even if I stay at this place another 10 days! I will get lower- and not gain back!

I also will not eat beans for a while, lol. But they sure were good, and I was still under for calories, lol!

Hang in there all!! Thanks for more humor, Roger! You are indeed awesome!! So are you, Val!! ..Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    What a Great attitude, I had some plateaus too. One time it was cured by increasing my food intake. I had let it slip way too low and that cured it. FWIW when I say increased it, I man back up to what it should be :)

I wish I could find a sensible size portion of beans. I could I guess pull out a NS Chicken & Baked Beans dinner, Use the Chicken as a Protein and add a Hot Dog to have Beans and Franks.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Three good things to report: (1) I called the doc to ask if I qualify for an MRI based on the injury, time elapsed, and severe pain over the weekend. PA called me back and said he agrees and will see if insurance will cover...look, I'm acting like a grownup. (2) i ate healthfully all day. (3) my 14 year old...passed ALL sections in her COLLEGE entrance exams! Including ACING the math section. Just three years ago (and before) she had been consistently failing standardized reading tests (Dyslexia)...until she fell in love with Harry Potter. Today's test coordinator was telling the other parents not to think of this as failure because this test is for high school juniors and seniors...and it's amazing if an 8th grader passes. After Em came out, two school counselors also came out to meet her and ask her what classes she wants...this really opens doors for her! I'm so happy and excited for her!

Hi Val
    Wow, a 8th grader passing a test for Juniors and Seniors.

I guess I could take that one as I am a senior now :)

I am thinking positive thoughts regarding MRI for You.

Congrats on Emily's Achievement, You must be so proud
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The PA called me back and said the doctor concerns with the appropriateness of an MRI. They are going to see if insurance will cover and let me know. I think (hope) my viewing sugary foods as similar to an allergy (yes, i swell...but more that they cause me internal damage), is helping me keep perspective. We have cupcakes, ice cream, and chocolate bars (school fundraiser) in the house. And so far, I don't want to eat them because it triggers me to eat ALL of them and they make me ill. I am beyond tickled for Em's successes! This is an exciting time for her. With an AP class, she'll have summer work to do. Plus, she's going to try to test out of Geometry so she can go straight to Algebra II as a Freshman. Did I mention how physically big/tall the high school boys are!?! So thankful she'll be in a small, well-supervised high school. Hope you have a happy Tuesday and take good care of your health!!!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Morning!

Val, I am beyond tickled for Em and you! What an achievement! I got thru Algebra 1 well due to a wonderful teacher. I was lost in Math after that! I am just in awe of what she has accomplished! And you, too for helping her and encouraging her and setting a great standard!

I am hoping for the best here on the medical front and saying prayers and healing thoughts to that effect!!

Super job on your weight loss Val!!! <3

Roger, I had no idea your weather turned so pretty! How unbelievable! And then you found a dollar to boot. I feel like we all are turning a great page here! Nice feeling! Thanks for the advice. I have zig zagged my calories, and had one or two higher carb days just to mix it up. (those beans,lol, and spaghetti- no true Italian will ever be completely Paleo!). If I turn out low for calories, I have a handful of walnuts or almonds. I like the fact walnuts look like little brains, and that is what it helps, lol! :# I just may not weigh for a bit to take my mind off the numbers. Still have a week or more I am sure I will be fluctuating! Take care all! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The PA called me back and said the doctor concerns with the appropriateness of an MRI. They are going to see if insurance will cover and let me know. I think (hope) my viewing sugary foods as similar to an allergy (yes, i swell...but more that they cause me internal damage), is helping me keep perspective. We have cupcakes, ice cream, and chocolate bars (school fundraiser) in the house. And so far, I don't want to eat them because it triggers me to eat ALL of them and they make me ill. I am beyond tickled for Em's successes! This is an exciting time for her. With an AP class, she'll have summer work to do. Plus, she's going to try to test out of Geometry so she can go straight to Algebra II as a Freshman. Did I mention how physically big/tall the high school boys are!?! So thankful she'll be in a small, well-supervised high school. Hope you have a happy Tuesday and take good care of your health!!!

Hi Val
    I hope You can get it covered, I suspect it will be revealing or at least helpful.

I find that Sweets trigger me to eat them until they are gone too. At least they do not make me sick.
    However they have side effects.
    1. They make me retain water.
    2. They make me feel much warmer, not a good thing on warm days :)
    3. They do add some weight I have to work at lowering.
    4. I swear they go right to my belly :(

I find those all to be sad since I love a Good Cake or Pie, or Premium Ice Cream, Oh Well

AP = Advanced Placement ?

I Did not really learn Algebra in High School, then when I went back to school 20+ years ago t clicked and I ended up with A's...

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.8K steps + I found a Dime. The temperature this morning was 60 degrees on the weather forecast vs 58 on the front porch :)

It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 80 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be in the 60s today.
    I did see one lone Deer next to a Brook while walking.

From Here:
    http://cheezburger.com/1914629/29-hilarious-fails-and-unfortunate-situations?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=feed&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+failblog+(The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+&+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG)
    29 Hilarious Fails and Unfortunate Situations

The Roof Of An Underground Pool Collapsed And Created A Wonderland You Can Visit

http://diply.com/underground-pool-collapsed?publisher=wonder
    Interesting, Enjoy

Have a wonderful Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted more humor this morning :)

Congratulations Val on this.
    lost 0.6 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 15.8 lbs so far.

Congratulations Jan on being under Your Calorie Goal.
    Not to mention 250 Log Ins :)

Have a Nice Day & Enjoy the Humor
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Yes, AP=advanced placement. But I don't know the actual benefit of taking AP classes... other than not having to tolerate unruly classmates. I'm waiting for the ortho clinic to open...first day of physical therapy. Eating healthy is easier right now because I have hope. Previously i was just in pain with no end or hope. Clearly right now...every pound i can lose before my predicted surgery will make everything easier. Happy Wednesday!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yes, AP=advanced placement. But I don't know the actual benefit of taking AP classes... other than not having to tolerate unruly classmates. I'm waiting for the ortho clinic to open...first day of physical therapy. Eating healthy is easier right now because I have hope. Previously i was just in pain with no end or hope. Clearly right now...every pound i can lose before my predicted surgery will make everything easier. Happy Wednesday!

Hi Val
    Not to mention that less weight on the sore area has to help. I know it helped me since my knees always hurt when I was standing before I lost this weight. I do have a little more I would like to lose before the Easter Sunday Feast :)

Is the Surgery definite then? I thought they were waiting on a MRI?
    I do however expect that You are correct about surgery.

I have a feeling You missed my post since Yours is a minute after mine and I know I take a while posting :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!
    I will be anxious to hear how PT went, Val! Remember it is uncomfortable at first, and gets better. If you need surgery (which you probably do), the effects may be hampered by what the surgery can fix. But I sure found it helped. :)

Roger, you are finding money again. The weather must be improving! :) I had a few more carbs yesterday, as I was just too tired to cook. I ended up feeling a little better though, it just hit the spot. Church is tonite, and I hope to work in the yard a bit today. Fire ant hills are springing up, time to get busy on those. And I need to water. I have a bunch of chores for in the house, too. Believe it or not, the inside of my lock mechanism is stuck in the lock hole, which is why I was changing it to begin with. I have a sock in it, lol, get it(?), so bugs don't come in, and burglars sure can't as I have been working for a few days trying to slide it out. With the bolt extended, it is too long to remove, and I can not get the bolt to move back to the unlocked position. The small pin wore off that moves it. I am trying a hammer and screwdriver, then....hm...iron cutters? :s

I bet everyone loses before I lose this next pound, lol! That is okay though! Scientifically, it must happen !! Awesome place in Texas at that link you found for visiting, Roger! Val is really close for a trip! Well, closer than us, lol! Take care all! Jan :)

• hope4change_val
    Options
    I'm less than two hours from Austin so I should look into the Hamilton pool (never heard of it but I don't get out much). No, surgery is not certain but I'm mentally preparing. The PT lady was nice. I was unable to do the first strengthening move all 10 times. I did 7 as lay there in tears with both my hands over my mouth to keep me silent. She told me not to do them to the point of pain and I pointed out, then I should never get out of bed? Normally sitting at my desk on my cushion doesn't aggravate my hip, but today the pain stayed about 7 of 10 all day. A hot bath stopped the muscle pain, so now only my normal pain. I had been concerned about getting out of the tub, but I'm good at working around my hip issue. I'm in bed...and just noticed the time. Lol...bed at 5:20! Mercy.
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Oops
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8K steps + I found a Nickel. The temperature this morning was 60 degrees on the weather forecast vs 58 on the front porch :)

It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 70 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be in the 60s today.
    I did see hear a woodpecker while walking.

Despite Being 100% on plan my weight is bouncing around :)
    As an example the difference between Monday and Tuesday was +1 pound, Tuesday to Wednesday -1.25 pounds and Wednesday to Thursday +1.25 :) or maybe :(
    It is a good thing I do not worry about day to day changes.

My Brother was showing me "Canned Beets" I put the quotes as they were in a pouch not a can :)

I've started my little secure laptop that I only use for online shopping and not even email to do the Windows update.

From Here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4398342/Manure-happens-German-dad-daughter-doused-detritus.html
    German father and daughter are doused with MANURE while sitting in their convertible after tractor makes a sharp turn

Father, 52, and daughter, 14, were covered from head to toe with liquid manure
    They had been sitting in the Renault convertible when farmer took sudden turn
    Read more by following the link

And from here:
    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/04/12/Police-combat-burglaries-with-satirical-door-locks-infomercial/9741492024248/
    Police combat burglaries with satirical 'door locks' infomercial
    April 12 (UPI) -- A Florida police department is combating vehicle burglaries with a tongue-in-cheek infomercial promoting a "new" product: door locks.

The Davie Police Department posted a video to YouTube responding to a recent rash of vehicle burglaries in the area in the form of an infomercial hosted by Sgt. Chad Rosen -- who notes he was once a "cute kid" in a decades-old Kodak film commercial.

"Today, I'm here to tell you about a fascinating, revolutionary concept that's going to save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars," Rosen says. "Sound too good to be true? Well, it isn't."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI9LdiiArdo

Have a wonderful Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!
    I will be anxious to hear how PT went, Val! Remember it is uncomfortable at first, and gets better. If you need surgery (which you probably do), the effects may be hampered by what the surgery can fix. But I sure found it helped. :)

Roger, you are finding money again. The weather must be improving! :) I had a few more carbs yesterday, as I was just too tired to cook. I ended up feeling a little better though, it just hit the spot. Church is tonite, and I hope to work in the yard a bit today. Fire ant hills are springing up, time to get busy on those. And I need to water. I have a bunch of chores for in the house, too. Believe it or not, the inside of my lock mechanism is stuck in the lock hole, which is why I was changing it to begin with. I have a sock in it, lol, get it(?), so bugs don't come in, and burglars sure can't as I have been working for a few days trying to slide it out. With the bolt extended, it is too long to remove, and I can not get the bolt to move back to the unlocked position. The small pin wore off that moves it. I am trying a hammer and screwdriver, then....hm...iron cutters? :s

I bet everyone loses before I lose this next pound, lol! That is okay though! Scientifically, it must happen !! Awesome place in Texas at that link you found for visiting, Roger! Val is really close for a trip! Well, closer than us, lol! Take care all! Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    I know I would hate to have to deal with fire ants, I'm sorry to hear You have those.

I'm guessing that You might find this was disturbing? Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley resigned Monday.

Good Luck with the Lock
    Roger