100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I'm less than two hours from Austin so I should look into the Hamilton pool (never heard of it but I don't get out much). No, surgery is not certain but I'm mentally preparing. The PT lady was nice. I was unable to do the first strengthening move all 10 times. I did 7 as lay there in tears with both my hands over my mouth to keep me silent. She told me not to do them to the point of pain and I pointed out, then I should never get out of bed? Normally sitting at my desk on my cushion doesn't aggravate my hip, but today the pain stayed about 7 of 10 all day. A hot bath stopped the muscle pain, so now only my normal pain. I had been concerned about getting out of the tub, but I'm good at working around my hip issue. I'm in bed...and just noticed the time. Lol...bed at 5:20! Mercy.

Hi Val
    I found the pool to be interesting too. I would like to see it, not enough to drive to Texas however. I recall the time I drove across Texas heading from NOLA to Carlsbad Caverns, and it was mainly mile after mile, of mile after mile :)

I hope You get good news from the Insurance Company and that the PT helps quickly.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Jan-we get fire ants here too. In the backyard where my furbabies pkay, I never use poison...but white vinegar kills the fire ants (it also kills the grass in the immediate vicinity. Good luck killing yours!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger, Texas is huge and often monotonous. I've never driven across Texas horizontally...only vertically...when I leave Texas!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    This morning my hip feels much better than yesterday! I'm not sure how much it actually feels better vs the pain from yesterday has subsided. But, whatever the reason--I'll take it. My Indiana house is under contract to sell...i should only need to contribute my entire tax refund to give it away. At this point, I don't care...I just want it off of my books. Happy Thursday to all.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Val. glad you got a little relief from the pain. Give it time, I am sure the PT will help some! I am glad you got someone nice! I sure hope you get a good resolution to the problem! Great news on the house, that would be a headache gone!

Roger, you are going to be rich, finding money again! A sure sign of spring!I had a good laugh at the manure wagon. European honey wagon's have a smell all their own. It is strong, and incredibly earthy, actually. Not a bad bad smell, but definitely pungent. :D

Governor Bentley was never someone I was crazy about. Even less so lately. I am always not excited to say I am from Alabama, it can be downright unbearable and embarrassing at times, even if I am just a transplant! :D Take care all! Have a good Friday! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4900 steps. The temperature this morning was 48 degrees on the weather forecast vs 45 on the front porch :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am feeling somewhat poorly. A scratchy Throat etc.

I was down .75 pounds this morning and as my weight bounces around I expect to be up again tomorrow, The Saga continues :)

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80 on Easter Sunday.
    As I was creating this I realized I had put a inadvertent truth when I said 80 on Eater Sunday :)

The video can be seen by following the link or I posted this image if You would rather no go to the ABC News video.
    WATCH: Police searching for wrong way driver in Texas
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/police-searching-wrong-driver-texas-46789824
    28U9tY.jpg

Have a Nice Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted still more humor this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Jan-we get fire ants here too. In the backyard where my furbabies pkay, I never use poison...but white vinegar kills the fire ants (it also kills the grass in the immediate vicinity. Good luck killing yours!

Hi Val
    I wonder if it would kill off the Ivy that keeps trying to spread into the yard from neighbors. Even RoundUp only works So-So :)
    Roger, Texas is huge and often monotonous. I've never driven across Texas horizontally...only vertically...when I leave Texas!

And I only drove across it Horizontally :)
    I did stop at the Alamo on My way west from NOLA to Carslbad and I recall a stop here too, this was in the 90s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W38TSF647S0

Last Goodbye to Aquarena Springs
    Texas State plans to trade in Aquarena Springs' renowned Fifties kitsch for turn-of-the-century simplicity

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2008-11-14/702485/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWLrvLTA7w

And from here: Abandoned Theme Park Reborn as Nature Center | NBC News
    Published on Apr 14, 2016

Once one of the most popular tourist attractions in Texas, Aquarena Springs was beloved for its underwater mermaid shows and flying pig performances. But, as modern theme parks moved in nearby, Aquarena’s kitschy entertainment was eclipsed, and little by little, the park fell to ruin. Now, the park is getting a second life as a nature center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRufXnK5ZN0
    This morning my hip feels much better than yesterday! I'm not sure how much it actually feels better vs the pain from yesterday has subsided. But, whatever the reason--I'll take it. My Indiana house is under contract to sell...i should only need to contribute my entire tax refund to give it away. At this point, I don't care...I just want it off of my books. Happy Thursday to all.

That's sad that You end up subsidizing the sale :(

The good news is the lowered pain.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hello!

Val. glad you got a little relief from the pain. Give it time, I am sure the PT will help some! I am glad you got someone nice! I sure hope you get a good resolution to the problem! Great news on the house, that would be a headache gone!

Roger, you are going to be rich, finding money again! A sure sign of spring!I had a good laugh at the manure wagon. European honey wagon's have a smell all their own. It is strong, and incredibly earthy, actually. Not a bad bad smell, but definitely pungent. :D

Governor Bentley was never someone I was crazy about. Even less so lately. I am always not excited to say I am from Alabama, it can be downright unbearable and embarrassing at times, even if I am just a transplant! :D Take care all! Have a good Friday! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I only put the manure report in as a Hmm type of item. Whereas I loved the one about that newfangled anti-theft device, Door Locks on a car, Who Knew :)

Don't feel bad NJ and the residents are the butt of many jokes and Stereotypes. The Stereotypes be from that HBO show The Sopranos and the MTV(?) show, Jersey Shore. I suspect that at least Your state is spared that happening.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Morning!

At least everyone liked the Sopranos! Jersey shore? Not so much, lol! The anti theft commercial was clever and hit the right tone! I liked it too! The posts on the Spring Lakes were really interesting. I love they brought it back as a nature place. Love to see that happen! The same was true of Geauga Lake Park in Aurora, Ohio, and Euclid Beach park in Cleveland. Those parks were fabulous and so much fun. The lines were not massive like the theme parks today. What a shame people did not keep enjoying the simplicity. Not everyone could afford hundreds to spend on the Disney's. I am surprised people stopped coming. Oh well. Geauga is abandoned to ruin last I heard,and saw pictures. I am not sure what happened to Euclid Beach by now. Guess I will have to google!

Well, yesterday will have to count as a really zig in my zag day! And I try so hard... My friend and I went to court again with the other friend whose husband is having all these problems. The news was not good, and he is going to be sentenced Aug. 10th. My guess is he will be sentenced to 20 years and no chance of parole, getting out early or pardoning. It is a little messy but there are a lot of extenuating circumstances which no one heard as he pled guilty. He thought he was doing a good thing. He should have pled no contest and threw himself on the mercy of the court. He is 70, so he may die in prison. He certainly deserves punishment, but he will serve more than some people do for murder. It does not quite seem like justice. My friend who went, (not the spouse friend), was just heart sick for the wife, so I went home with her and we had breakfast so we could talk. All this to explain she made us eggs, bacon, grits and butter and 3 halves of toast. She needed comfort food! LOL, she has no clue of diet techniques so the diet did not go too well there. (We were going for toast and eggs, lol!). Then I met my daughter for supper at Roc's BBQ place, because we could get meat and collards. So we ended up getting 4 pieces of cornbread, and a piece of Texas toast we did not expect to get. I had one piece of cornbread (I could not help it!), and took the rest home for the doggies. Kind of heavy on the carbs- but it did shake up the body!

I did not get my steps in either as I fell asleep at 8:30 PM watching T.V., woke to let the dogs out at 10PM and went to bed. I slept till 7:30 in the morning. Unbelievable, and nice! What a day. :|

We have had no rain since our storms , so my watering bills seem to be starting early. At least I have not used heat or air in a good while!! :)

Everyone have a good Easter week-end! Watch the chocolate and goodies! Jan B)

P.S. Somehow I missed your day 14th post. I think it popped in there after I was scrolling. I am sorry you are not feeling well! I hope you will not be feeling bad for Easter! Best get to gargling... Thanks for the humor, too!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I feel very frustrated by my hip and the absence of communication or theory/thought behind any "plan." My hip is the same as it's been for the last YEAR....sometimes not bad, and with no warning or predictability debilitating pain. There's no way to stretch the IT band. There is nothing "wrong" with my muscles. So why spend hundreds of dollars and take off tomes of time from work to prove to them that it hurts??? Nobody can tell me what they think PT will accomplish...so I cancelled. I get the MRI Monday night. Sorry...hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan. Sorry to hear about your friend's husband. Very frustrating when actual justice and societal protection are apparently left out of legal proceedings. Any money seems to effect outcomes way more than the actual situation does.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted some more humor this morning :)

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4200 steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast vs 41 on the front porch :)
    It is a nice enough day outside for walking, Not too cold and minimal breeze :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am still feeling somewhat ill. A scratchy Throat etc.

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80s on Easter Sunday.

Have a wonderful Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Jan and Val

Talk about a sad sight IMO :(
    From Here, Photos and more of the story. Interesting that I found good coverage in a British Newspaper :)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3889636/When-fun-stops-Eerie-images-New-Orleans-theme-park-abandoned-Hurricane-Katrina-stood-untouched-11-years.html
    When the fun stops: Eerie images show New Orleans theme park that was abandoned after Hurricane Katrina and has stood untouched for 11 years
    It was once abuzz with activity, filled with thrill-seekers, flashing lights and screams of delight from excitable children.

But more than a decade on, the roller coasters and attractions at the once-bustling Six Flags amusement park near New Orleans lie abandoned, suspended in time.

The park was submerged under seven feet of floodwater for more than a month after the deadly Hurricane Katrina battered the south coast of America in 2005 - and has been closed ever since.

The carousel has not turned for 11 years, the still Ferris wheel creaks in the wind and the rides are slowly reclaimed by nature as ivy snakes its way up their eroding structures.

Graffiti covers many of the buildings in the eerie park, which has become a target for vandals and thieves.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Morning!

At least everyone liked the Sopranos! Jersey shore? Not so much, lol! The anti theft commercial was clever and hit the right tone! I liked it too! The posts on the Spring Lakes were really interesting. I love they brought it back as a nature place. Love to see that happen! The same was true of Geauga Lake Park in Aurora, Ohio, and Euclid Beach park in Cleveland. Those parks were fabulous and so much fun. The lines were not massive like the theme parks today. What a shame people did not keep enjoying the simplicity. Not everyone could afford hundreds to spend on the Disney's. I am surprised people stopped coming. Oh well. Geauga is abandoned to ruin last I heard,and saw pictures. I am not sure what happened to Euclid Beach by now. Guess I will have to google!
    Hi Jan
    I Agree the Disney parks are not cheap and the other attractions there make it a expensive area to visit.

Your post inspired the post above :)
    If Parks were alive...
    Well, yesterday will have to count as a really zig in my zag day! And I try so hard... My friend and I went to court again with the other friend whose husband is having all these problems. The news was not good, and he is going to be sentenced Aug. 10th. My guess is he will be sentenced to 20 years and no chance of parole, getting out early or pardoning. It is a little messy but there are a lot of extenuating circumstances which no one heard as he pled guilty. He thought he was doing a good thing. He should have pled no contest and threw himself on the mercy of the court. He is 70, so he may die in prison. He certainly deserves punishment, but he will serve more than some people do for murder. It does not quite seem like justice. My friend who went, (not the spouse friend), was just heart sick for the wife, so I went home with her and we had breakfast so we could talk. All this to explain she made us eggs, bacon, grits and butter and 3 halves of toast. She needed comfort food! LOL, she has no clue of diet techniques so the diet did not go too well there. (We were going for toast and eggs, lol!). Then I met my daughter for supper at Roc's BBQ place, because we could get meat and collards. So we ended up getting 4 pieces of cornbread, and a piece of Texas toast we did not expect to get. I had one piece of cornbread (I could not help it!), and took the rest home for the doggies. Kind of heavy on the carbs- but it did shake up the body!
    I can understand the need for comforting food after the court visit.

I would struggle with the food on a day such as yesterday.

I love good Collards, Corn Bread and BBQ, It is a good thing I was not there.
    As it was I am up 1/4 pound from yesterday, OTOH that is not bad considering I sort of blew it Friday. I bought a Cheeseburger @ 490 calories, However the first thing I did was discard the top bun and ate the Burger and the cheese that was stuck to the bottom bun which led to me discarding 2/3s of the bottom bun. So not real bad, then to compensate I called it my Breakfast and saved my banana until I ate Lunch. The harder part was the Large piece of "Cornbread" I bought at the Grocery Store when I stopped for assorted fresh fruits, Nectarines, Black Plums and a Bartlett Pear. I thought it was cornbread however it was sweet so I'm not sure what to call it. I used that as my Mid Morning snack and my Evening Dessert.
    I did not get my steps in either as I fell asleep at 8:30 PM watching T.V., woke to let the dogs out at 10PM and went to bed. I slept till 7:30 in the morning. Unbelievable, and nice! What a day. :|

We have had no rain since our storms , so my watering bills seem to be starting early. At least I have not used heat or air in a good while!! :)

Everyone have a good Easter week-end! Watch the chocolate and goodies! Jan B)

P.S. Somehow I missed your day 14th post. I think it popped in there after I was scrolling. I am sorry you are not feeling well! I hope you will not be feeling bad for Easter! Best get to gargling... Thanks for the humor, too!

I think we will be delaying Easter this Year :( Oh well, that gives me a couple more days to reduce ahead of the Feast.

Good Luck on the scale
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4200 steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast vs 41 on the front porch :)
    It is a nice enough day outside for walking, Not too cold and minimal breeze :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am still feeling somewhat ill. A scrtachy Throat etc.

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80s on Easter Sunday.

Have a wonderful Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted some more humor this morning, Enjoy :)
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I feel very frustrated by my hip and the absence of communication or theory/thought behind any "plan." My hip is the same as it's been for the last YEAR....sometimes not bad, and with no warning or predictability debilitating pain. There's no way to stretch the IT band. There is nothing "wrong" with my muscles. So why spend hundreds of dollars and take off tomes of time from work to prove to them that it hurts??? Nobody can tell me what they think PT will accomplish...so I cancelled. I get the MRI Monday night. Sorry...hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.

Well, if you are going to have surgery, doing PT before seems a waste as you may need it afterwards. I think they were strengthening those muscles to see if that would help. But waiting till you knew what was happening did seem logical!...hope this gets resolved! :)

Have a wonderful Easter! I hope you get to enjoy the weekend!! :)
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Morning All!

It is a lazy day! I have outside work to do, but without caffeine, I am not too motivated to do anything! I may need a cup of caffeine tea. Less caffeine than coffee, but possibly I will actually move, lol! I do have a ton to do! ;)

Roger, sorry you are not feeling 100%. With your weather changes, it is not surprising to feel a little punk! On the bright side, your humor was great! The New Orleans pics of the amusement park are very haunting, especially because of the clouds the day the photographer was shooting. I have seen other works he has done. He seems pretty talented. It is sad there is not some clean-up effort by Disney.They made money off it, so I do not think they should leave it in such a mess. That happens a lot all over the country, and really hurts the local area.I will have to figure out just where it was located. We saw parts of the 11th ward and some still existing damage east of the city. I think that is not where that was though. Interesting...

The BBQ place here has an interesting cornbread, really unique. It is very moist, almost like a dessert cake made with cornbread, with almost a lemon aftertaste, but subtle. It is sweet. If I was not worried about carbs it did go well with the collards. I can not say it is my favorite, though it was very tasty. I love all cornbreads! Sweet, not sweet, yellow or white, crumbly dry or moist, lol! Funny for a northerner! :#

I hope you feel better, delayed Easter or not! "Celebrate" twice...one just not so zestful!

Have a good one, whenever it will be! :) ..Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    April the giraffe had her baby this morning. I am so honored to have been able to watch. Mom and son are doing well. dotjfjssq0ty.jpg