Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    My garage had become home to the many Amazon boxes. So, aside from putting things where they actually belong, I mostly flattened boxes for recycling. I need to make storage room in anticipation of our new roommate. Em’s little sister (5) is elated to inherit Em’s girlhood legos. Perfect age for the transfer. I needed to get those packaged and shipped. Plus have another load for Goodwill. I’ve accumulated too much stuff. But I'm working in it. I have trouble saying no to people asking for help, but i did today. A lady asked me to dog-sit for her for a few weeks. I told her that i had canceled my own vacation because I’m too exhausted and my days are only comprised with work, transporting Em to/from school, and sleep so I have to decline.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2017
    Good Morning!

Cold and rainy today, but just for the day. Yep, jobs worse than thermometer testings are bad.... :s Val, I am so happy you said no, and put yourself first, along with family, of course! Just awesome! Wish I felt like cleaning more, lol!

Yes, Roger, have to have stuffing baked in the bird! I have been known to put an herb stuffing in the cavity, and fill the neck part with cornbread dressing for a 2 in 1, lol! Yummy. The best part of Thanksgiving except for the turkey/ cranberry sandwiches after! :p This year that is what I have a taste for.

Okay, the story about the cats is kind of gruesome. I hope they really did not eat the cats after.....

Barely made it to church. I did not sleep till about 4 am, then was up around 6:15. I was taking someone so could not stay home. I am sure people are disappointed in me, but skipped small group tonite. Not sure if just overtired or coming down with something. Crazy weather, I think....Being home and catching a nap was wonderful! o:)

Hang in there everyone! ...Jan

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Oops, I did it again, More humor is posted

Hi
    I did was walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 39 on the porch and 41 on the cable channel. The Weather forecast for scattered showers was in error as the weather radar showed rain over much of NJ and it did rain on me while I was walking.

https://www.rt.com/usa/409554-nasa-orbital-atk-space-lasers/
    NASA to test ‘space lasers’ with latest launch (VIDEO)
    Published time: 11 Nov, 2017 11:53
    Edited time: 12 Nov, 2017 12:53

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/11/lamborghini-creates-self-healing-sports-car/
    Lamborghini creates world's first 'self-healing' sports car
    By Nicola Harley, 11 November 2017 • 12:50pm

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-disneyland-legionnaires-20171110-story.html
    Disneyland shuts down 2 cooling towers after Legionnaires' disease sickens park visitors
    By Tony Barboza, Nov 11, 2017 | 8:45 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5072717/Plague-fears-grow-Malawi-10th-nation-alert.html
    Plague fears grow as Malawi becomes tenth African nation put on alert for the spread of the killer disease
    By Charlie Bayliss For Mailonline, Published: 08:35 EST, 11 November 2017
    Updated: 13:21 EST, 11 November 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5077043/Boeing-757-controls-remotely-HACKED-runway.html
    Boeing 757's flight controls are HACKED remotely while on the runway without the knowledge of the pilots, US officials reveal
    By Harry Pettit For Mailonline, Published: 06:19 EST, 13 November 2017
    Updated: 06:32 EST, 13 November 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5074553/Why-order-TWO-burgers-McDonald-s.html
    Revealed: Why you should always order TWO burgers at McDonald's and ditch the fries (and it's all about balancing blood sugar)
    By Siofra Brennan For Mailonline, Published: 06:16 EST, 12 November 2017
    Updated: 18:50 EST, 12 November 2017

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My garage had become home to the many Amazon boxes. So, aside from putting things where they actually belong, I mostly flattened boxes for recycling. I need to make storage room in anticipation of our new roommate. Em’s little sister (5) is elated to inherit Em’s girlhood legos. Perfect age for the transfer. I needed to get those packaged and shipped. Plus have another load for Goodwill. I’ve accumulated too much stuff. But I'm working in it. I have trouble saying no to people asking for help, but i did today. A lady asked me to dog-sit for her for a few weeks. I told her that i had canceled my own vacation because I’m too exhausted and my days are only comprised with work, transporting Em to/from school, and sleep so I have to decline.

Hi Val
    While I was out walking I stopped at the local grocery store and picked up a sleeve of garlic for my brother and some 99 cent four once packs of Turkey and Ham @ 40 calories a slice to use in my midmorning snacks.

I tend to flatten out shipping cartons once they are empty as to ship out we use the Flat rate Post Office boxes.

Congratulations on standing up for Your health.

I like to be able to pass things on too when I can

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Cold and rainy today, but just for the day. Yep, jobs worse than thermometer testings are bad.... :s Val, I am so happy you said no, and put yourself first, along with family, of course! Just awesome! Wish I felt like cleaning more, lol!

Yes, Roger, have to have stuffing baked in the bird! I have been known to put an herb stuffing in the cavity, and fill the neck part with cornbread dressing for a 2 in 1, lol! Yummy. The best part of Thanksgiving except for the turkey/ cranberry sandwiches after! :p This year that is what I have a taste for.

Okay, the story about the cats is kind of gruesome. I hope they really did not eat the cats after.....

Barely made it to church. I did not sleep till about 4 am, then was up around 6:15. I was taking someone so could not stay home. I am sure people are disappointed in me, but skipped small group tonite. Not sure if just overtired or coming down with something. Crazy weather, I think....Being home and catching a nap was wonderful! o:)

Hang in there everyone! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    If I said in both my and my brothers Opinion leftover bread stuffing Fried with some butter until it is crispy is even tastier ? And We do add some Turkey, vegetables and Sometimes The Potatoes whether mashed or chunks of boiled or baked.

I never had Turkey / Cranberry sandwiches. I just go for Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on bread with the Turkey. There used to be Eatery near by that had a Hot & Cold Salad bar, I used to get the Beef Short Ribs from the Hot section and they had Sliced Turkey that was sliced from a Turkey and Not a Deli version, Selection of Breads and I used to make a Nice thick Sandwich with Turkey Breast and Mayo, Yummy :)

Some days You just can not sleep, I find that usually I can trace that to what I ate.

Congratulations on this too:
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/12/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Great minds! I also fried left over stuffing in butter to crisp. As well as the mashed potatoes that we turned into potato patties. (I can still not get them quite right as I remember..). We used to have a few meals of leftovers like dinner, always turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches on toast with butter and Mayo on the turkey side, used up the gravy mixing turkey, stuffing, and gravy and reheating, and of course just snacking on the turkey. No wonder I am an overweight adult, lol. I would not mind coming back in another life and eating what I liked without getting heavy. ;) No chance of that! I have really put it on in the last month or so, but am back losing as I felt medically and physically so bad....as I age I sure can feel the decline...

I think a lamborghini would be healing, lol. What a ride... Interesting that it heals itself, as the people driving could well afford the repairs. Of course, us more modest people can not afford the technology! :# Scary news with the plague....

Now I have a craving for sweet potatoes, lol!

I am officially sick as this crud has settled in my chest. But I feel better than yesterday. I have running to do this week. Unfortunate as I could feel better...

After regaling you with my leftovers, I failed to mention the best leftover turkey. You saute onions and celery till soft. Mix with chopped turkey meat. Add some mayo just like salad, and cheddar cheese, in and on top, and bake. So yummy, and actually a high protein low carb meal. Could be worse!! :)

Stay well, stay motivated and on track!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    VERY difficult day at work. :'( But, at least my dogs abd kid are healthy and accounted for. One of my kid’s teachers got fired for a relationship with an 18 yo student. People need better boundaries! There are plenty of adults that he could turn to...shouldn’t do that when you are in authority over someone. Grr.
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2017
    I did post more Humor today

Hi
    I did was walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 29 on the porch and 31 on the cable channel. I got a late start today due to sleeping late :)

My sole plans for today is a trip to the Dollar Store for a Quart or two of UHT Milk to put on the shelf and some Greeting Cards for a Birthday and Christmas, FWIW they sell at a 2 for $1.

No Links today :(

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Great minds! I also fried left over stuffing in butter to crisp. As well as the mashed potatoes that we turned into potato patties. (I can still not get them quite right as I remember..). We used to have a few meals of leftovers like dinner, always turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches on toast with butter and Mayo on the turkey side, used up the gravy mixing turkey, stuffing, and gravy and reheating, and of course just snacking on the turkey. No wonder I am an overweight adult, lol. I would not mind coming back in another life and eating what I liked without getting heavy. ;) No chance of that! I have really put it on in the last month or so, but am back losing as I felt medically and physically so bad....as I age I sure can feel the decline...
    Hi Jan
    I hear You, Coming back and being able to eat anything with no overweight side effects, Hmm Could that be Part of going to Heaven ?

Love me a Nice Thanksgiving leftover skillet meal with everything in the skillet and some butter instead of oil :)

I went on a See Food Diet for a few days and I can fee it too. Now I need to get back to work on removing it. See Food Spelling intentional.
    I think a lamborghini would be healing, lol. What a ride... Interesting that it heals itself, as the people driving could well afford the repairs. Of course, us more modest people can not afford the technology! :# Scary news with the plague....

Now I have a craving for sweet potatoes, lol!

I am officially sick as this crud has settled in my chest. But I feel better than yesterday. I have running to do this week. Unfortunate as I could feel better...

After regaling you with my leftovers, I failed to mention the best leftover turkey. You saute onions and celery till soft. Mix with chopped turkey meat. Add some mayo just like salad, and cheddar cheese, in and on top, and bake. So yummy, and actually a high protein low carb meal. Could be worse!! :)

Stay well, stay motivated and on track!! ...Jan
    Scary is not near what it is.

In our family we always ate them plain straight from baking in the oven or added butter to melt in.
    I understand some people like to bake them as a casserole with Marshmallows on top and Brown sugar mashed into the Sweet potatoes. I think even I would find that to be too sweet and I have a sweet tooth. That was part of the problem with the See Food, The ShopRite had Pistachio Muffins available, So tasty Too. I love their in store bakery Deluxe Pies too, such as the Caramel nut apple pie for example or their very berry pie that has three types of berries in it.

I'm sorry to hear about Your Illness, That sort of thing always saps my strength.

I never heard of that use for leftover Turkey, Sort of involved preparation from the sound of it.
    I have heard of using Mayo to hold breading for baking chicken.

Congratulations on these:
    Buttons61 20 hours ago
    lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 6 lbs so far.
    and
    Buttons61 11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/13/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    It is always nice to see someone doing really well.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    VERY difficult day at work. :'( But, at least my dogs abd kid are healthy and accounted for. One of my kid’s teachers got fired for a relationship with an 18 yo student. People need better boundaries! There are plenty of adults that he could turn to...shouldn’t do that when you are in authority over someone. Grr.

Hi Val
    I'm sorry to hear that work is still difficult :(

Healthy and accounted for is good OTOH.

At least it was a 18 year old, And I agree that should not happen in schools or a work environment either. I would think the teacher needs to have more happen than just being fired BTW.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I should be running around today, but I think I will make use of electronically doing things. Not much in the mood to get out if I don't have to. Pretty week. We have sunshine, cool temps at nite and warm days, but not too warm. This is our fall, apparently. I need to get out and do a few things in the yard.

Val, glad you are doing better after your operation. It does take the stuffing out of one. I am amazed at the number of teachers nowadays that interact inappropriately with their students. It is down right scary. I think a lot of younger people get their morals from TV. Not a very good example for them...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Rodger. I should know better than just enjoying and eating what I want, especially at my age. I can really notice that a few added years makes it obvious when my body can not take it anymore. I wish I could control my portions better. I am still in awe at how much you lost, and how much perseverance you have. For that matter, anyone that can have sustained loss, I really admire. So not me... :| I do get back to it though..half a win, lol.

Take care, stay on track... :) ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Jan - Hope you get well soon. Roger - that teacher was an effective teacher—one of Em’s favorites. She just wanted to know when her assignment is due. The school hasn’t yet figured out how the classes will be covered. I’m having way too much stress at work. Today wasn’t too bad.
  • RogerToo
    I have posted more humor once again

Hi
    I was out walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 33 on the porch and 35 on the cable channel. Once again no money was found :(
    The News12 Weather report keeps upping the percentage for the possibility of rain for Thursday, This morning it was once again and is now showing 90%

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collected-record-taxes-october-still-run-63-billion-deficit
    Feds Collected Record Taxes in October; Still Ran $63 Billion Deficit
    By Terence P. Jeffrey | November 13, 2017 | 2:57 PM EST

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/household-debt-rises-by-116-billion-as-credit-card-delinquencies-pile-up-2017-11-14
    Household debt rises by $116 billion as credit-card delinquencies pile up
    By Steve Goldstein, Published: Nov 14, 2017 4:45 p.m. ET

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/lists/the-last-places-on-earth-with-no-internet/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/lists/the-last-places-on-earth-with-no-internet/
    By Oliver Smith, Digital Travel Editor , 14 November 2017 • 1:39pm

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/11/13/texas-company-cloning-pets/
    Science Fiction No More: Cloning Now An Option For Pet Owners
    November 13, 2017 7:11 PM By Rick Dayton

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/14/news/economy/venezuela-debt-default-sp/index.html
    Venezuela just defaulted, moving deeper into crisis
    by Patrick Gillespie, November 14, 2017: 8:10 AM ET

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I should be running around today, but I think I will make use of electronically doing things. Not much in the mood to get out if I don't have to. Pretty week. We have sunshine, cool temps at nite and warm days, but not too warm. This is our fall, apparently. I need to get out and do a few things in the yard.

Val, glad you are doing better after your operation. It does take the stuffing out of one. I am amazed at the number of teachers nowadays that interact inappropriately with their students. It is down right scary. I think a lot of younger people get their morals from TV. Not a very good example for them...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Rodger. I should know better than just enjoying and eating what I want, especially at my age. I can really notice that a few added years makes it obvious when my body can not take it anymore. I wish I could control my portions better. I am still in awe at how much you lost, and how much perseverance you have. For that matter, anyone that can have sustained loss, I really admire. So not me... :| I do get back to it though..half a win, lol.

Take care, stay on track... :) ...Jan

Hi Jan
    If You do not feel like running around, Easy solution Walk around :) Just kidding, I know that some days I do not feel like doing anything either, it comes from being human.

Anything You learn from TV shows is suspect at best and liable to be wrong.

It can be hard, I have to adjust today's foods as I overate breakfast after stopping and having a Three Egg Cheese Omelet instead if the two egg breakfast with a taste out of the Home Fries :(
    I do have a Cobb Salad from the Grocery Store that was on clearance for Dinner. It is marked as 1.66 servings per container and 160 calories per serving :)

Getting back to it is important.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan - Hope you get well soon. Roger - that teacher was an effective teacher—one of Em’s favorites. She just wanted to know when her assignment is due. The school hasn’t yet figured out how the classes will be covered. I’m having way too much stress at work. Today wasn’t too bad.

Hi Val
    It is sad when a Good effective teacher stumbles like that, sadly it is not uncommon. I see reports like that all the time from New York City on the local news broadcasts.

Hopefully the school handles the classes in a expedient and really well.

Have a Nice Day, Hopefully today will be a good day at work for You also
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

It is about 55 degrees today and feels chilly. It is rather damp for some reason.The sun is warm, but you still need a sweater even in the sun. I am in a terrible sleep pattern. I am falling asleep around 7pm or anywhere up to around 9 pm. That is when I slept some working nights. Then I am going to bed around 2 am, and taking a little time to fall asleep. May May has been getting up at 7 am and using her doggie door, so I pet her and then try to doze some. I am just getting to sleep, when she comes back. We do this a few times, or sometimes I do ignore her. Not the best of sleep, which causes the whole routine to just start over. Sometimes I fall asleep and do not even know it till I am waking up. I have to set my movie back, several times as I struggle to stay awake. How bizarre! I can not make due on 5 hours any more!

There is still something creepy about cloning. I can't help it! It is not really surprising many countries do not have or use the internet. Most of them have far more controlling governments than we do. What a surprise for the people if they found out what is truth denial in their countries.

Glad work was better, Val! Maybe you will have some more better days! :)

Headed for a little workaround the house, after reading some humor! Not a lot of motivation today either! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Hi all. Although i love my Oscar immensely, I would not clone him. The new life will have different experiences than the original...and even with the sane DNA, it will be a unique being. Medical ethics need to catch up with technology. Is it okay to make a clone for the sole purpose of it being a parts supplier for the original? I’ve tried five times to get a flu shot...Walmart doesn’t take my insurance (and I’m cheap and prefer free vs $40)...except that I’ve wasted time with four trips to CVS where they either don’t have any vaccines ir they have nobody trained to give the vaccine. My sleep routine is really messed up...last weekend was up round the clock working kn international proposal...then 50 hours of immediate need requests. The stress has me bolting awake in panic of missing a deadline...multiple times per night. Two nights ago, even a hard apple cider and an otc sleeping pill couldn’t make me sleep. Last night was improved. Roger- the school’s response to firing that teacher...the kids all need to self-study!!!! This is an AP class, but seriously, Em’s a freshman. I’m continuing to be disappointed in thus school...and I seriously loved the k-8 school in the same system.
  • RogerToo
    Some more humor, That poor bat and what a leap by the cat

Hi
    I was out walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 48 on the porch and 51 on the cable channel. Once again no money was found :(
    OTOH I did find some drizzle as the heavy rain had passed through by the time I left the house :)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tiny-houses-trendy-unless-next-162938159.html
    Tiny houses are trendy _ unless they go up next door
    Scott Mcfetridge, Associated Press, November 14, 2017

http://abc3340.com/news/local/loud-boom-heard-across-north-alabama-no-explosions-reported
    Mysterious loud 'boom' heard across North Alabama; NASA unsure of origin
    By Emma Simmons and Patrick Thomas, WBMA

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-15/amazon-s-cashierless-store-is-almost-ready-for-prime-time
    Amazon’s Cashierless Store Is Almost Ready for Prime Time
    By Olivia Zaleski and Spencer Soper, November 15, 2017, 6:00 AM EST
    Updated on November 15, 2017, 11:25 AM EST

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bad-air-days-20171115-story.html
    Southern California smog worsens for second straight year despite reduced emissions
    By Tony Barboza, Nov 15, 2017 | 3:00 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4920381/us-airways-flight-woman-kicked-off-emotional-support-pig-rowdy/
    WHEN PIGS FLY Woman kicked off flight after her emotional support PIG became too rowdy
    By Danny Collins, 16th November 2017, 10:56 am
    Updated: 16th November 2017, 11:03 am

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

It is about 55 degrees today and feels chilly. It is rather damp for some reason.The sun is warm, but you still need a sweater even in the sun. I am in a terrible sleep pattern. I am falling asleep around 7pm or anywhere up to around 9 pm. That is when I slept some working nights. Then I am going to bed around 2 am, and taking a little time to fall asleep. May May has been getting up at 7 am and using her doggie door, so I pet her and then try to doze some. I am just getting to sleep, when she comes back. We do this a few times, or sometimes I do ignore her. Not the best of sleep, which causes the whole routine to just start over. Sometimes I fall asleep and do not even know it till I am waking up. I have to set my movie back, several times as I struggle to stay awake. How bizarre! I can not make due on 5 hours any more!

There is still something creepy about cloning. I can't help it! It is not really surprising many countries do not have or use the internet. Most of them have far more controlling governments than we do. What a surprise for the people if they found out what is truth denial in their countries.

Glad work was better, Val! Maybe you will have some more better days! :)

Headed for a little workaround the house, after reading some humor! Not a lot of motivation today either! Jan

Hi Jan
    I'm not really surprised that 5 hours is not enough, TBH 5 hours would have never been enough sleep for me.

Cloning is just weird IMO too so You are not alone. Then add in the push to grow meat in vats instead of animals, Another one :(

Join the no motivation club, I did not sleep good last night and that kills my Get up and Go.

Congratulations
    Buttons61 7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/15/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Way to go

Have a Nice peaceful day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all. Although i love my Oscar immensely, I would not clone him. The new life will have different experiences than the original...and even with the sane DNA, it will be a unique being. Medical ethics need to catch up with technology. Is it okay to make a clone for the sole purpose of it being a parts supplier for the original? I’ve tried five times to get a flu shot...Walmart doesn’t take my insurance (and I’m cheap and prefer free vs $40)...except that I’ve wasted time with four trips to CVS where they either don’t have any vaccines or they have nobody trained to give the vaccine. My sleep routine is really messed up...last weekend was up round the clock working kn international proposal...then 50 hours of immediate need requests. The stress has me bolting awake in panic of missing a deadline...multiple times per night. Two nights ago, even a hard apple cider and an OTC sleeping pill couldn’t make me sleep. Last night was improved. Roger- the school’s response to firing that teacher...the kids all need to self-study!!!! This is an AP class, but seriously, Em’s a freshman. I’m continuing to be disappointed in thus school...and I seriously loved the k-8 school in the same system.

Hi Val
    That was the first thing that came to mind regarding cloning a pet. The Clone could be completely different due to life experiences.

Around here, the Drugstores including the independent that I use and my Doctor all do Flu Shots,
    FWIW CVS is not even close to being the cheapest for medicines. The local independent is 1/3 to 1/4 of the CVS price when I did comparisons.

Self Study ? What the Hey. What student can know what they should be studying ?

It all comes down to the leadership at the individual School IMO.

I hope Your Sleep patterns get better quickly, I tries OTC sleep aids when I worked swing shifts and they worked sporadically when they even worked.

Good Luck
    Roger