Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    and humor has been posted :)

Hi
    I did more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 36 on the porch and 38 on the cable channel.
    The Weather forecast shows a overnight low of 25 in the near future :(

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/658209/Ebola-Marburg-outbreak-deadly-virus-Africa-Uganda-Black-Death-plague
    ‘Ebola’ outbreak DECLARED amid Black Death comeback – and this virus is UNTREATABLE
    By Nicholas Bieber / Published 7th November 2017

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article183460286.html
    Just got a traffic ticket and didn’t see a cop? They saw you
    By Kaitlyn Alanis, November 08, 2017 12:26 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/08/boy-with-rare-deadly-disease-gets-whole-new-skin/
    Boy with rare deadly disease gets whole new skin
    By The Associated Press | PUBLISHED: November 8, 2017 at 10:25 am | UPDATED: November 9, 2017 at 4:30 am

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/11/07/naacp-national-anthem-racist/
    Group Calling National Anthem Lyrics Racist, Anti-Black
    November 7, 2017 10:11 PM By Shirin Rajaee

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/nbcuniversal-executive-says-no-advertisers-pulled-protests-threatened.html
    NBCUniversal exec says NFL advertisers have threatened to pull out over protests, but none have yet
    By Alex Putterman on 11/07/2017

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/11/06/man-pulls-gun-after-failing-to-get-mcmuffin-police-say/
    Man Pulls Gun After Failing To Get McMuffin, Police Say
    November 6, 2017 2:28 PM

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Your article was from Seattle. I found this from yesterday in San Antonio but it doesn’t seem consistent with what I thought the TV news said. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/amp/Plane-with-faulty-gear-indication-attempting-to-11206680.php

Hi Val
    It seems that You are correct, My Bad.

Re: The one I linked, Our local NYC, NY news station stated it had a engine fire while taxiing and then said it landed safely, I looked at my brother and said what ? :)
    The stations in NYC often have the News person saying one thing while the descriptive crawl says something that is nearly a match... To sad. then the redundancies in what they say. One thing that bothers me is when they say something stupid like Somehow the car crashed, Just say the car crashed, The word Somehow in that adds nothing :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Gracious!! Hello all!!

I am so glad you missed me! I have been going crazy and out of kilter without my computer!! I have missed this column and the posting and humor and checking in!! When I turned off my computer last Thursday or what ever day it was, and brought it up the next morning, all I got was a black screen. I could do nothing to get it to come up. I rebooted, turned it off, and tried everything to no avail. So Friday, off it went to Best Buys for fixing. It was under my contract for maintenance, so no charge. Boy was I lost! I had bought a tablet so if this happened I would still have computer access, but it has been a year or two since then, if not longer. I could get into my banking, amazon, and google, but my original set-up was so long ago, a few passwords were only stored in the computer. My e-mails just buffered and I could not remember google account password or facebook, or this one. So glad to get back!

I spent a few days just running with one thing or another. I had to go to the vet, and get the tires checked on my car. Church was crazy and long, due to some meetings and also small group Sunday nite. On Tuesday my daughter and I ran to Huntsville to see the 2017 tour of the revival of Les Mis, which was fabulous again!! We left at 12 noon and got back at 2 in the morning. It is only 3 hours to Huntsville, but we also wanted to stop for an early supper at their German restaurant, the Old Heidelburg. It was very good,and we also wanted to find the center before dark. I only left the house today to get the computer, but I am totally wiped out!! Still catching up with reading!! Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    I'm happy it was only, Only :) the computer and not a health issue.

What did they say caused the black screen on boot issue. I hope You did not lose anything.

If that happened to me I would do a two step process. Use the other computer :)
    Work on the one not working, Probably test the Drive and memory and Wipe and reload. If they all went down in most if not all websites You can always click the forgot my password link. In my case I would just pull out the small book with usernames and passwords and Voila.

I suspect that You have a Lot to read too.

Get a good rest and see You.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2017
    Good morning!

You know nontechnical me, I am not too sure what they did! For some reason my Norton antivirus was on there. I did not install it, but it did seem to reappear as I had it once. I did put the free pc-cleaner on there, and my computer had web root. He said he thought that was slowing it down on opening and causing the buffering issues. So I just have the webroot now. They ran a defrag program and my computer was at 2%, I think he said. They also just did some updates and removed any unnecessary desk top items. My daughter had set the computer to update automatically, but I am not sure it completely does it. Anyway, it is working fine and I am so glad to have it back!! I pay a yearly fee but then have unlimited tech and repair support. It works out to be a savings, and since I am so computer illiterate, I definitely feel supported. Usually, I can do most of it over the phone with no waiting. Just was kind of hard as the computer would not open on my end, lol! I would like to work with it more, but I just do not seem to have the time due to church and this other social group I do. Add in the family and dogs and errands and the " I am exhausted and down time", and I have not done it yet! :# I appear to not have lost anything.

It will take me a while to catch up! I glanced at the news articles and read a few, but I need to go back. The weather here is perfect for it! Cool in the 50's for now and with an inch of rain. It is just drizzly now and grey, but I love it. Sleeping, nap, reading type of weather. I have cancelled a few things so I can be home till Sunday, which the doggies will just love. They are not too keen on my going anywhere. I have to make sure I don't trip over them they are hovering so close, lol!

Believe it or not, I do have a notebook filled with passwords. My oldest things however were set up by my former husband when I got the computer. That was probably close to 10 years ago. I do not know my administrative password which luckily I must not need much. I did not really want to change my facebook or email accounts because I did not want any issues when I got back to my computer. My emails went thru some changes when I changed my name and it was a real pain having things forwarded till I could use my new account and I did not want to go thru that again. I actually hate the newest set-up for the hotmail account but have resisted changing as it is such a pain. It occasionally will ask for my admin code to make some changes and I don't know it. I fought a losing battle getting either of my kids to spend a day with me and my computer. I have learned to not take it personally!
    Also,my former has my whole system set up thru a router, which is my phone and TV too. I have tried to get the TV people to just give me plain setup, but that is not happening either. Supposedly the router is safer anyway, but it confuses me. It doesn't take much! :D

I have to say that I love the Huntsville area. It is much nicer than Montgomery, and I love it is in the hills. It was so nice to have a different type of restaurant offered besides Chinese and Mexican! We had schnitzel, homemade bread, German potato salad, spaetzle, german veg " salat" and apple strudel. It was so good! Worth a 6 hour drive!

Val, I am glad you are feeling better! It seems like a hard recovery period thanks to work. So glad your puppy found a great home too! The last two dogs from the Florida hurricane were adopted at the last minute, so I am so thankful. They were about out of time, with multiple extensions. I am trying not to look at the others and get attached and can refocus closer to home. There is still one though.....

Hi Maria! Sounds like you are doing very well on the program!! That nice weight loss is really encouraging! Keep it up!!

Take care all!! ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Roger- again today the news announced an in-flight emergency...so I took a screenshot! And again I cannot find the article.
    tbtn29b7z0cf.png
  • hope4change_val
    I’m very tired...I miss having energy.
  • hope4change_val
    Hi Roger. Previously you had an article about border patrol flying over San Antonio. This is about TX National Guard. No proof that it’s related, but could be. https://www.texasobserver.org/texas-national-guard-spying-devices-surveillance/
  • RogerToo
    And even more humor

Hi
    I did more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 41 on the porch and 45 on the cable channel. As I was walking the breeze started up and the Wind chill is supposed to be worse this afternoon and to help the wind chill the temperature is forecast to drop during the day.
    The Weather forecast shows a overnight low in the 20s for tonight :(
    I need to get out for fruit today too.

Darned shame

https://www.local10.com/news/florida/fishhooks-planted-in-meat-left-at-ormond-beach-dog-park-deputies-say
    Meatballs with fishhooks planted at Ormond Beach dog park, deputies say
    Similar incident reported 2 years ago, records show

By Emilee Speck - Digital journalist, Posted: 11:36 AM, November 08, 2017

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/11/08/christmas-music-too-early-mental-health/
    Christmas Music Can Harm Your Mental Health, Psychologist Says
    November 8, 2017 11:35 PM

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/1.8217422,000-year-old
    Sundial Changes Perception of Ancient Rome
    By Ruth Schuster Nov 08, 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/658482/Madagascar-Plague-Black-Death-Outbreak-Toll-Symptoms-Spread-Africa-WHO-Airborne-Pneumonic
    Plague feared to go GLOBAL as death toll rises in 'worst outbreak for 50 YEARS'
    By Henry Holloway / Published 8th November 2017

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/elections/2017/11/07/nj-election-world-war-ii-vet-wins-upset-tinton-falls-mayor/840720001/
    NJ election: World War II vet, 93, wins upset for Tinton Falls mayor
    Dan Radel, Published 9:39 p.m. ET Nov. 7, 2017
    Updated 5:33 p.m. ET Nov. 8, 2017

https://www.vencoreweather.com/blog/2017/11/7/1220-pm-late-week-arctic-blast-may-not-be-the-last-of-the-monthhigh-latitude-blocking-pattern-likely-to-form-by-thanksgiving
    *Late week Arctic blast may not be the last of the month…”high-latitude blocking” pattern likely to form by Thanksgiving Day*
    November 7, 2017, 12:20 PM
    Medium Range Outlooks, DC, NYC, PHL

Who didn't know this ?
    http://nypost.com/2017/11/07/how-brazilles-book-exposes-liberal-medias-hillary-health-coverup/
    How Brazile’s book exposes liberal media’s Hillary health coverup
    By Michael Goodwin, November 7, 2017 | 10:48pm

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

You know nontechnical me, I am not too sure what they did! For some reason my Norton antivirus was on there. I did not install it, but it did seem to reappear as I had it once. I did put the free pc-cleaner on there, and my computer had web root. He said he thought that was slowing it down on opening and causing the buffering issues. So I just have the webroot now. They ran a defrag program and my computer was at 2%, I think he said. They also just did some updates and removed any unnecessary desk top items. My daughter had set the computer to update automatically, but I am not sure it completely does it. Anyway, it is working fine and I am so glad to have it back!! I pay a yearly fee but then have unlimited tech and repair support. It works out to be a savings, and since I am so computer illiterate, I definitely feel supported. Usually, I can do most of it over the phone with no waiting. Just was kind of hard as the computer would not open on my end, lol! I would like to work with it more, but I just do not seem to have the time due to church and this other social group I do. Add in the family and dogs and errands and the " I am exhausted and down time", and I have not done it yet! :# I appear to not have lost anything.

It will take me a while to catch up! I glanced at the news articles and read a few, but I need to go back. The weather here is perfect for it! Cool in the 50's for now and with an inch of rain. It is just drizzly now and grey, but I love it. Sleeping, nap, reading type of weather. I have cancelled a few things so I can be home till Sunday, which the doggies will just love. They are not too keen on my going anywhere. I have to make sure I don't trip over them they are hovering so close, lol!
    Hi Jan
    I suspect from Your description that they started it in Safe mode and disabled things to find the problem.
    Or they may have used their Magic Disk.
    Search for Geek Squad MRI Disk if You want to know about it.

I wish it was going to be that warm for today and the weekend :(
    Stay Dry.
    Believe it or not, I do have a notebook filled with passwords. My oldest things however were set up by my former husband when I got the computer. That was probably close to 10 years ago. I do not know my administrative password which luckily I must not need much. I did not really want to change my facebook or email accounts because I did not want any issues when I got back to my computer. My emails went thru some changes when I changed my name and it was a real pain having things forwarded till I could use my new account and I did not want to go thru that again. I actually hate the newest set-up for the hotmail account but have resisted changing as it is such a pain. It occasionally will ask for my admin code to make some changes and I don't know it. I fought a losing battle getting either of my kids to spend a day with me and my computer. I have learned to not take it personally!
    Also,my former has my whole system set up thru a router, which is my phone and TV too. I have tried to get the TV people to just give me plain setup, but that is not happening either. Supposedly the router is safer anyway, but it confuses me. It doesn't take much! :D

I have to say that I love the Huntsville area. It is much nicer than Montgomery, and I love it is in the hills. It was so nice to have a different type of restaurant offered besides Chinese and Mexican! We had schnitzel, homemade bread, German potato salad, spaetzle, german veg " salat" and apple strudel. It was so good! Worth a 6 hour drive!

Val, I am glad you are feeling better! It seems like a hard recovery period thanks to work. So glad your puppy found a great home too! The last two dogs from the Florida hurricane were adopted at the last minute, so I am so thankful. They were about out of time, with multiple extensions. I am trying not to look at the others and get attached and can refocus closer to home. There is still one though.....

Hi Maria! Sounds like you are doing very well on the program!! That nice weight loss is really encouraging! Keep it up!!

Take care all!! ..Jan

Wow, That must have been some tasty food to worth the drive.

A router puts a form of firewall between Your computer and the Internet if You were curious.

I love a Good Homemade Bread regular and Crusty types.

Good Luck with that one Dog, I'm not sure if You are tempted or hoping it gets adopted...

I noticed this too.
    Buttons61 12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/09/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger- again today the news announced an in-flight emergency...so I took a screenshot! And again I cannot find the article.
    Hi Val
    I did find not find anything either, That makes me wonder if it was squashed?
    I’m very tired...I miss having energy.

I'm sure the energy will reappear shortly as You continue to recover.
    Hi Roger. Previously you had an article about border patrol flying over San Antonio. This is about TX National Guard. No proof that it’s related, but could be. https://www.texasobserver.org/texas-national-guard-spying-devices-surveillance/
    Thanks, I'll look at it after I post this.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Roger, you better bundle if the low is around 20 degrees. That qualifies as real cold in my book! It is very pleasant here. We are actually having some fall weather. The lows are in the upper 40's and fifties and in the 60's or more during the day. Depends on where you are, and where you stand. It is like summer midday in the sun! My heat kicks on though at night and in the early morning. It is nice to dispel the humidity often at 90%. :#

The articles on the outbreak of the virus in Africa is something. We are overdue for a major pandemic. I remember the meatball lacing from the last time in the news. Don't get me started on people who do those things and what should happen to them...probably the same thing that should happen to the people and companies that force Christmas at Halloween time.. It does drive me crazy. Actually the article drove me crazy as he said all that happened, was before we got to eat turkey. How nice of him to realize it should be before we give thanks for our blessings... not just eating turkey...hmm...lest we forget....In the same trash can as the Nat'l anthem being racist. It was actually saying the opposite, though it is very difficult language to decipher. Some people flunked English I guess... Rants over!! :#

Replaced the flap on the toilet, but the overflow part will need replacing. Bummer...I have a bunch to do today, but lack incentive. itis such a cuddle up and do nothing kind of day. Both dogs are out like lights and snoring away at top decibels. Not conducive to work... :D

Thanks for the extra info on the computer. It is interesting. I need to work on my tablet to be more ready for the next time my computer goes out, lol. Being in the shop has messed up my paypal and credit "remembers". I will have to straighten that out... headed for humor, with thanks!! ...Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Work is frustrating...I’m wiped out.
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor today, Enjoy

Hi
    I did more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 23 on the porch and 25 on the cable channel. As I was walking I could feel the cold through my sweatshirt under my Hoodie and my nose felt the cold too.

The Weather forecast from Friday for a overnight low in the 20s for overnight was correct :(
    I got out for fruit Friday and Picked up a 5 pound box of Tangerines and a 3 pound bag of Fuji Apples.

With the colder weather arriving last night was the first night since Last Spring that I felt the need to leave the heat turned on.

I have Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts in the freezer, My next decision is how to cook them, Have my Brother pick up a can of Cream of Mushroom and pour it over them before baking or Open a can of Tomato sauce and Turn them into Chicken Parm :)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/658800/Lion-Russia-cloning-Jurassic-Park-dinosaur-Siberia
    CLONING BREAKTHROUGH: 50,000-year-old frozen lion cub shows Jurassic Park COULD happen
    By Anthony Blair / Published 9th November 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nazi-holiday-camp-built-hitler-11491742
    Nazi holiday camp built by Hitler before World War 2 becomes luxury resort with apartments on sale for £500k
    Convert 500000 British Pound (GBP) to US Dollar (USD) For 500000 GBP, at the 2017-11-08 exchange rate, you will have 655505.91030 USD.
    By Kara O'Neill, 11:29, 9 NOV 2017, Updated14:53, 9 NOV 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/658691/Tiangong-1-space-station-china-european-space-agency-esa-china-spacecraft
    Warning out-of-control space station could RAIN FIRE on Europe before smashing into Earth
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 9th November 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/654372/netflix-hidden-codes-categories-shows-secret-streaming-cost
    REVEALED: Secret Netflix codes that unlock hidden TV show categories
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 4th November 2017

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/11/08/texting-crossing-the-street/
    Texting While Crossing The Street? It Could Cost You
    November 8, 2017 10:48 PM

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2017
    Good Morning!

Roger, you better bundle if the low is around 20 degrees. That qualifies as real cold in my book! It is very pleasant here. We are actually having some fall weather. The lows are in the upper 40's and fifties and in the 60's or more during the day. Depends on where you are, and where you stand. It is like summer midday in the sun! My heat kicks on though at night and in the early morning. It is nice to dispel the humidity often at 90%. :#
    Hi Jan
    I thought I was Bundled up OK, I was not, I was somewhat cold by the end of the walk.
    The articles on the outbreak of the virus in Africa is something. We are overdue for a major pandemic. I remember the meatball lacing from the last time in the news. Don't get me started on people who do those things and what should happen to them...probably the same thing that should happen to the people and companies that force Christmas at Halloween time.. It does drive me crazy. Actually the article drove me crazy as he said all that happened, was before we got to eat turkey. How nice of him to realize it should be before we give thanks for our blessings... not just eating turkey...hmm...lest we forget....In the same trash can as the Nat'l anthem being racist. It was actually saying the opposite, though it is very difficult language to decipher. Some people flunked English I guess... Rants over!! :#

Replaced the flap on the toilet, but the overflow part will need replacing. Bummer...I have a bunch to do today, but lack incentive. itis such a cuddle up and do nothing kind of day. Both dogs are out like lights and snoring away at top decibels. Not conducive to work... :D

Thanks for the extra info on the computer. It is interesting. I need to work on my tablet to be more ready for the next time my computer goes out, lol. Being in the shop has messed up my paypal and credit "remembers". I will have to straighten that out... headed for humor, with thanks!! ...Jan B)

I hope they get the plague under control, That could be a civilization smasher IMO.

Around here We have been seeing news about Needles in the Halloween Candy, The latest one was last night :( Sad...

I have rebuilt more than one Toilet. BTW I now keep on hand a spare set of the bolts that hold the Tank to the Bowl. They can fail too.

I can understand that loud snoring could be distracting. Nothing wrong with lacking incentive, Retirement has done that to me :)

Congratulations on being Consistent
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/10/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Work is frustrating...I’m wiped out.

Hi Val
    I Hope You have the weekend off to recharge.

I'm Hibernating this computer once I finish this message.

My Brother Baked a Largish Beef Roast Thursday and I ran what we had not eaten that day through the Food Slicer Yesterday and plan to freeze it in appropriate sized packages since there is still a lot left. It will make a Nice Change interleaved between the Other proteins in there. I have same Broiled Chicken breast meat in 4 ounce packages for example.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Cool and damp here. Definitely fall, though I keep forgetting it really is almost mid November! It really seems like September here, so I am somewhat disorientated! Puppies are all curled up and sound asleep. No snoring today, just gentle breathing!

I can't believe you all are so cold, Roger! Those 20's sure did sneak up on you all. I would hope you are using your heat!! :D It is pretty here still as the leaves are changing, but they dropped off, and are still dropping off, due to the lack of substantial rain.

Good articles, especially on the lion cub, (did Jurassic Park teach them nothing?) :# , and Hitler's resort being repurposed. At least he did not use it much. I am thinking a little bad karma left in the environment, but not near what it could be!! I don't watch Netflix too much as I have Amazon Prime. I did not know about the secret codes. I did like Longmire that they picked up from HBO. I guess they have cancelled it though. Us old people do not rate in their demographics. Dumb, as old people and lots of us we do have spending power! I will watch for falling satellites just in case it does not fall on the Mediterranean! I should have hit the humor before here, but I tend to open this first all the time. Creature of habit!

I am baking a massive 5 lb chicken I picked up for a song at Whole Foods. I did not realize it was infused with Maple Flavor, but it sure smells yummy! It should last for several meals. I am getting in the Thanksgiving mood. We may be going to my son's for turkey and fixings. Probably will know last minute. I will plan several at home days then too. It is so wonderful. I do not like being on the go so much. I am a homebody...

Val, sorry about work! I hope you do get some of the week-end off. You need to learn to meditate. That way you can somewhat replenish your energy from your company sucking it out of you! I always think of the joke that Roger had printed about the person that tests the Johnson and Johnson rectal thermometers! It was supposed to be the worst job ever! Not necessarily so, lol!! Hang tough!! <3

Take care and stop to smell the apples and mums along the way!!! ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    That thermometer job sounds more enjoyable than what I’m doing lately. I cleaned up the garage for a few hours. It’s not perfect but MUCH better!
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor

Hi
    I did more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 26 on the porch and 29 on the cable channel. Just like yesterday as I was walking I could feel the cold through my sweatshirt under my Hoodie and my nose felt the cold too.
    The Weather forecast for Friday for a overnight low in the 20s for overnight cold was correct and records for overnight temperatures were broken Friday Morning :(
    There was another record low broken in at least one area this morning according to the weather forecast I saw.

Before I forget I am offering a couple of things I do not use on a first come first served basis, One per person....

Free One Day Redbox Movie Rental promo code.

Free Shopping Bag Promo Code from Shutterfly
    Shipping and handling, (S&H) + Taxes

Welcome to Shutterfly
    Enter your promo code
    Plus, get 50 free prints

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/doctor-who-refuses-to-use-computers-loses-medical-license
    Doctor who refuses to use computers loses medical license
    By: MICHAEL CASEY, Associated Press, Posted: Nov 07 2017 12:43PM EST
    Updated: Nov 10 2017 11:08AM EST

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stray-cat-suspect-japan-attempted-murder-101742121.html
    Stray cat a suspect in Japan attempted murder
    AFP•November 10, 2017

http://whnt.com/2017/11/08/woman-rings-up-computer-other-electronics-for-3-70-at-walmart-self-checkout-police-say/
    Florida woman buys computer, other electronics for $3.70 at Walmart self-checkout, police say
    Posted 7:17 pm, November 8, 2017, by Tribune Media Wire,
    Updated at 07:24PM, November 8, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5070705/Three-hurt-possible-vehicle-attack-near-Toulouse.html
    BREAKING NEWS: Driver rams into crowd of students outside high school in Toulouse leaving two gravely ill after 'voices in his head told him to'
    By Rod Ardehali For Mailonline, Published: 11:22 EST, 10 November 2017
    Updated: 13:41 EST, 10 November 2017

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/659028/Plague-Black-Death-Madagascar-Africa-Spread-Death-Toll-Symptoms-WHO-Airborne-Pneumonic
    Plague outbreak feared OUT OF CONTROL as police forced to SEIZE infected bodies
    By Henry Holloway / Published 10th November 2017

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Cool and damp here. Definitely fall, though I keep forgetting it really is almost mid November! It really seems like September here, so I am somewhat disorientated! Puppies are all curled up and sound asleep. No snoring today, just gentle breathing!

I can't believe you all are so cold, Roger! Those 20's sure did sneak up on you all. I would hope you are using your heat!! :D It is pretty here still as the leaves are changing, but they dropped off, and are still dropping off, due to the lack of substantial rain.

Good articles, especially on the lion cub, (did Jurassic Park teach them nothing?) :# , and Hitler's resort being repurposed. At least he did not use it much. I am thinking a little bad karma left in the environment, but not near what it could be!! I don't watch Netflix too much as I have Amazon Prime. I did not know about the secret codes. I did like Longmire that they picked up from HBO. I guess they have cancelled it though. Us old people do not rate in their demographics. Dumb, as old people and lots of us we do have spending power! I will watch for falling satellites just in case it does not fall on the Mediterranean! I should have hit the humor before here, but I tend to open this first all the time. Creature of habit!
    Hi Jan
    It has been feeling like winter here, an early winter, I hope it does not mean a cold winter is coming.

I find it strange that the preferred demographic is Millennials also.

I have been thinking about dropping NetFlix.
    I am baking a massive 5 lb chicken I picked up for a song at Whole Foods. I did not realize it was infused with Maple Flavor, but it sure smells yummy! It should last for several meals. I am getting in the Thanksgiving mood. We may be going to my son's for turkey and fixings. Probably will know last minute. I will plan several at home days then too. It is so wonderful. I do not like being on the go so much. I am a homebody...

Val, sorry about work! I hope you do get some of the week-end off. You need to learn to meditate. That way you can somewhat replenish your energy from your company sucking it out of you! I always think of the joke that Roger had printed about the person that tests the Johnson and Johnson rectal thermometers! It was supposed to be the worst job ever! Not necessarily so, lol!! Hang tough!! <3

Take care and stop to smell the apples and mums along the way!!! ..Jan
    I have never seen or heard of Maple Flavor Chicken, Whole or parts.

Just curious do You use stuffing in Your turkeys ? We use a Seasoned Bread stuffing here, However I have had Cornbread stuffing and Sausage Stuffing too.

I used to go all over in the past, Now I am also a Homebody :)

I remember that one too.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That thermometer job sounds more enjoyable than what I’m doing lately. I cleaned up the garage for a few hours. It’s not perfect but MUCH better!
    Hi Val
    Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that the Thermometer job sounds better :)

If I said cleaning anything is very low on my likes list.

Have a Good Day
    Roger