100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    So, now i just did 10 minutes at 3 mph on the treadmill. Nowhere close to my former life but much more than my usual nothing!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Oh Val, what a terrible experience! I am so sorry that happened to you again with what could have been truly tragic results! Thank goodness the owners were somewhat on the ball, though of course the dogs did get loose. And thank goodness you had the know how to do all the right things! You saved yourself and Oscar! <3 That part is so awesome! Now you and Oscar are not some kitty with 9 lives. If you do walking at your house, you need some legal form of protection! I do not know the laws there, but something must be available to help you guys, without seriously wounding any dog attacker. Maybe carry some homemade squirt-able hot hot sauce? I am so grateful you both are safe! You are doing better than you think! You functioned to protect, Mama ! The tears are as much from the new episode as the shock of it happening again! Do not sell yourself short!!! :)<3<3<3
  • Buttons61
    Well, Roger,

After hearing from Val, I am about out of words! Anything I say will be so unimportant after that! :'(

Look at the time I am writing. Reading your articles lead to me reading some bunches of side articles I found while reading the actual articles, lol. I started at about 9:30 pm reading, and am just writing and reading this. I never even got to any of my show to watch, and need to still put in my food. :D:D

I think I will close and resume later in the day.... I think Val, you gave me heart palpitations for tonite! I hope you can relax and sleep. Poor Oscar... <3

Val, Hope your day goes better in every way! I am proud of you!!! :#
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I have posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 27 degrees.
    Yesterday I had a little piece of the Boiled Red Potatoes, Boiled Cabbage and Boiled Corned Beef for Dinner. I have one more meal setup to be heated for today and some other proteins for use with Lunch.

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far.

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/some-chinese-takeout-has-much-salt-mcdonald-big-macs-health-experts-warn/UOY7RCIVbHKpj90kIgOzaK/
    Some Chinese takeout has as much salt as 5 McDonald’s Big Macs, health experts warn

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/your-bottled-water-probably-contaminated-with-tiny-plastic-particles-health-experts-say/21tgPBAlzgYH5eskTMGdWK/
    Your bottled water is probably contaminated with tiny plastic particles, health experts say
    Fiza Pirani The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/03/14/stressful-commute-health-toll/
    Seen At 11: Stressful Commute Could Be Taking A Toll On Your Health, Experts Say

https://www.statesman.com/news/for-investigators-race-decode-hidden-message-austin-bombings/4PaxEkZ4ZrP7qQsCzFbdFI/
    For investigators, a race to decode hidden message in Austin bombings

https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans-drinking-daily-cup-coffee-highest-level-six-154329724--sector.html
    Americans are drinking a daily cup of coffee at the highest level in six years: survey

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-state-of-jefferson-activists-20180317-htmlstory.html
    In California's rural, conservative north, there are big dreams for cleaving the state

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/doctors-find-air-pocket-where-part-man-brain-should/8mOnKml3Y8h092XHuJLi4K/
    Doctors find air pocket where part of man's brain should be

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/inside-porton-down-britains-controversial-12192830
    Dark secrets of Porton Down: Inside controversial defence lab which developed VX nerve agent and used human 'guinea pigs'

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I’m in tears and shaking...but neither Oscar nor I got hurt this time! So, we set off to do one lap around our little block. 1/4 if the way two loose 100 pound dogs come charging toward us. I put Oscar in a down stay, and i puffed up and yelled at the dogs. They stopped. I told them “go home” but they started coming at us again. I puffed up more and told them NO! Luckily their owner came running out and called the dogs. I thanked him. They continued coming toward us but between my yelling at them and their owner coming closer, they went home. He apologized and said it was an accident that they got loose. I thanked him again. Then turned around and came home in tears. I’m not over the doberman attack. That’s were my life vanished and I’ve been struggling and failing ever since.

Hi Val
    I'm so sorry to hear that happened to You, it must have been traumatic. Luckily No one got hurt.
    So, now i just did 10 minutes at 3 mph on the treadmill. Nowhere close to my former life but much more than my usual nothing!

Congratulations on getting going on the treadmill.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Oh Val, what a terrible experience! I am so sorry that happened to you again with what could have been truly tragic results! Thank goodness the owners were somewhat on the ball, though of course the dogs did get loose. And thank goodness you had the know how to do all the right things! You saved yourself and Oscar! <3 That part is so awesome! Now you and Oscar are not some kitty with 9 lives. If you do walking at your house, you need some legal form of protection! I do not know the laws there, but something must be available to help you guys, without seriously wounding any dog attacker. Maybe carry some homemade squirt-able hot hot sauce? I am so grateful you both are safe! You are doing better than you think! You functioned to protect, Mama ! The tears are as much from the new episode as the shock of it happening again! Do not sell yourself short!!! :)<3<3<3

Hi Jan
    I was wondering if Mace or Pepper Spray is legal or available where Val lives.
    I agree with Your reasoning regarding the tears.
    Well, Roger,

After hearing from Val, I am about out of words! Anything I say will be so unimportant after that! :'(

Look at the time I am writing. Reading your articles lead to me reading some bunches of side articles I found while reading the actual articles, lol. I started at about 9:30 pm reading, and am just writing and reading this. I never even got to any of my show to watch, and need to still put in my food. :D:D

I think I will close and resume later in the day.... I think Val, you gave me heart palpitations for tonite! I hope you can relax and sleep. Poor Oscar... <3

Val, Hope your day goes better in every way! I am proud of you!!! :#

I do the same thing too, I find so many interesting links on the ones I look at too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I do carry pepper spray. It would be 100% justifiable once there is an attack...but it would be viewed as questionable to prevent an attack. The doberman woman CLAIMED her dog just wanted to say Hi. Which was clearly a lie AFTER the attack. So...for that dog that i know to be aggressive I will use it if he is loose and coming towards us...but I don’t go anywhere near there house. For new dogs, I’ll wait and use only if certain of attack...but someone has to be injured and neither Oscar nor I are able to tolerate additional attacks. We are probably both on our 9th life!
  • hope4change_val
    Jan—Alabama weather made the national news. Wishing you safety and hoping for no damage too. Do you have a basement? Take care!
  • Buttons61
    Actually, it has been a real quiet day here. Just a few sprinkles and even a little sunshine. We are having sheet lightening now and I will check the weather before bed. My daughter's school even dismissed at 1 pm. We ended up with no storms developing. And I am thankful. Usually the weather people are pretty dead on... I do not mind an occasional miss! More storms in N. Al. and Tenn. I will check the news before bed on that. We have no basement or safe spot. Our interior hall has a hot water tank and heavy attic ladder on the ceiling so no good. One bathroom has no window but is an exterior wall on the N. side where our weather comes from. The other bathroom is still exterior and has a window. We are screwed, lol.... I guess the 1st bathroom in the tub is best and fits me and May. With a mattress we should be fair. :# Direct hits would be bad anyway. I would love to get a shelter and may one day. They are fairly expensive. Thanks for the concern! :#
  • Buttons61
    Roger, it seems weird to be talking storms or tornadoes when you are at 29 degrees. It may make Al. or Texas less desirable, lol... Good job on the continued losing.... I am still playing with my three pounds, but had spaghetti tonite. I could not help it. I need to buy a spirilizer and at least eat half pasta and half zucchini. I was just in my calories but not great for losing seriously! Thanks for the interesting articles. Hang tough all !! :D
  • RogerToo
    Once again more humor is posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 32 degrees with a breeze that caused a bit of a chill while walking.

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-03-17-yellowstone-national-park-geyser-eruptions
    Series of Potential Eruptions Reported at Yellowstone National Park

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/in-la-county-illegal-street-racing-has-a-deadly-toll/article_14ae802d-b613-5c70-a861-ad2708ce1d21.html
    In LA County, illegal street racing has a deadly toll

https://weather.com/travel/news/fairy-tale-places-photos-20140506
    100 Places Straight Out of Fairy Tales (PHOTOS)

https://weather.com/photos/places/news/michigan-hidden-gems
    Strange Attractions You Can Only See In Michigan

https://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/maryland/2018/03/16/wicomico-school-cafeterias-health-violations/394830002/
    Wicomico school cafeterias' health violations outnumber those at restaurants

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/18/14-things-disneyland-annual-pass-holders-know-that-you-dont/
    14 things Disneyland annual pass holders know that you don’t

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I do carry pepper spray. It would be 100% justifiable once there is an attack...but it would be viewed as questionable to prevent an attack. The doberman woman CLAIMED her dog just wanted to say Hi. Which was clearly a lie AFTER the attack. So...for that dog that i know to be aggressive I will use it if he is loose and coming towards us...but I don’t go anywhere near there house. For new dogs, I’ll wait and use only if certain of attack...but someone has to be injured and neither Oscar nor I are able to tolerate additional attacks. We are probably both on our 9th life!
    Jan—Alabama weather made the national news. Wishing you safety and hoping for no damage too. Do you have a basement? Take care!

Hi Val
    I suppose You could carry a heavy Walking Stick ? If You saw a dangerous looking dog coming towards You a Quick reversal to get the heavy end free to wack with ?
    I suspect I would not wait for an attack if they were to aggressive and noisy. It is not as if Pepper Spray kills or causes permanent injury. I hate having noisy dogs barking through the fences while walking. I do see friendly dogs being walked, it is easy enough to know since the person walking is not afraid to be close by while walking them. There is one spot where a Large cat seems to be looking for affection which is a little strange that it would be out at 6AM, I suspect if it were a feral cat it would be wary of people.

Strange weather this year in my area too.

Stay Safe
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Actually, it has been a real quiet day here. Just a few sprinkles and even a little sunshine. We are having sheet lightening now and I will check the weather before bed. My daughter's school even dismissed at 1 pm. We ended up with no storms developing. And I am thankful. Usually the weather people are pretty dead on... I do not mind an occasional miss! More storms in N. Al. and Tenn. I will check the news before bed on that. We have no basement or safe spot. Our interior hall has a hot water tank and heavy attic ladder on the ceiling so no good. One bathroom has no window but is an exterior wall on the N. side where our weather comes from. The other bathroom is still exterior and has a window. We are screwed, lol.... I guess the 1st bathroom in the tub is best and fits me and May. With a mattress we should be fair. :# Direct hits would be bad anyway. I would love to get a shelter and may one day. They are fairly expensive. Thanks for the concern! :#

Hi Jan
    Better safe than sorry regarding the early dismissal.

I think You are right a Tub is the best spot in Your case. I'm guessing You do have insurance for protection from storms damaging the house ?
    Roger, it seems weird to be talking storms or tornadoes when you are at 29 degrees. It may make Al. or Texas less desirable, lol... Good job on the continued losing.... I am still playing with my three pounds, but had spaghetti tonite. I could not help it. I need to buy a spirilizer and at least eat half pasta and half zucchini. I was just in my calories but not great for losing seriously! Thanks for the interesting articles. Hang tough all !! :D

We do get a occasional Tornado, usually a Category 1 however. Sadly the things that are tasty are the worst for weight loss :( I love a Good Pasta, Pizza or French Fries with or without Cheese For Example:
    Pasta likes, Spaghettit and Meatballs or Sausage, Baked Ziti or a good Macaroni & Cheese, Strangely enough I also Like Craft Dinner well drianed and Butter melted into it.
    Baconator® Fries
    Our natural cut fries, smothered in a creamy cheese sauce and generously topped with shredded cheddar and Applewood Smoked Bacon. It's the only sidekick worthy of the Baconator name.
    490 calories

8rPY7y.jpg
    So tasty however fattening, I had to try them last year when they were new.
    I would make sure I liked Zucchini Noodles first, You could try Spaghetti Squash first, I have heard reports here on MFP that they work pretty well and they need no investment to try always a good thing. The Shoprite Grocery Store sells Zucchini Noodles ready to go as well as a lot of other tedious to prepare vegetables.

Just in Your calories is so much better than being over so Congraulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I’m in considerable pain (7/10) after falling twice right on the same bad hip. Just tripped nit dizzy. I just got a foster dog strait after neuter surgery. Keeping separate from my pack at least for today. Work is more insane...my lady boss is on medical leave for at least a week. And the junior writer is gone for two weeks. I caught a big issue today before it got out. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only actually reading things. Actually my right side hurts too. But not as bad as the left.
  • Buttons61
    Morning all!

Val, are you hurt? I am assuming you fell yesterday but was confused by the 7/10 reference. Was that from a previous fall which makes you falling again repeated? sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake. I hope you are feeling better! Glad you caught the error- It does not surprise me! :) Sound like you have your hands full with a new "baby", work, and all. I hope you are not hurting seriously or for long...

Roger, you are in a rut not finding money, though your last weighing of pockets was impressive! :D I wonder why I have a taste for fries and cheese and bacon!!! Your whole list of goodies made me hungry!!! I love them all too! including the "old cheap " boxed mac and cheese!! I like both the spaghetti squash and zucchini but using them for noodles in place of the real thing? I don't know. It is NOT the same, lol! Maybe I can learn to love 1/2 and 1/2!!

Interesting articles! I am still catching up on the sights in Mich. How neat!! Hope your wind dies down! Not as pleasant walking, I'm sure!! Headed for bed!! Have a good day Weds. all !!! B) Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Sorry to have been unclear. I fell yesterday. My pain level was a 7 on a scale of 10. The good news is that walking around the house this morning, I’m much improved. Pain down to a 2 out os scale of 10. No sleep last night. Sammy cried a bunch. He doesn’t like the cone. He knows there are other dogs and he’s being separated. I thought i was tierd yesterday...today is worse. Coffee is brewing.
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2018
    Morning all!

Val, are you hurt? I am assuming you fell yesterday but was confused by the 7/10 reference. Was that from a previous fall which makes you falling again repeated? sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake. I hope you are feeling better! Glad you caught the error- It does not surprise me! :) Sound like you have your hands full with a new "baby", work, and all. I hope you are not hurting seriously or for long...

Roger, you are in a rut not finding money, though your last weighing of pockets was impressive! :D I wonder why I have a taste for fries and cheese and bacon!!! Your whole list of goodies made me hungry!!! I love them all too! including the "old cheap " boxed mac and cheese!! I like both the spaghetti squash and zucchini but using them for noodles in place of the real thing? I don't know. It is NOT the same, lol! Maybe I can learn to love 1/2 and 1/2!!

Interesting articles! I am still catching up on the sights in Mich. How neat!! Hope your wind dies down! Not as pleasant walking, I'm sure!! Headed for bed!! Have a good day Weds. all !!! B) Jan

Hi Jan
    That is not the Rut I want to be stuck in either :wink:

Now I know why I was having to keep pulling up the pants, since I removed the extra weight they stay up much better.
    I looked back at what I posted for reference and noticed I misspelled Kraft Dinner as Craft Dinner :(
    I also like the Wendy's Baked Potato with Cheese and Bacon, So much food is better with Bacon or Better with Butter :smiley:

I did try the NS Macaroni and Cheese Cups, The Mac & Cheese with Turkey Sausage Dinner Cup and the White Cheddar Mac and Cheese Lunch Cup. They were both tasty, however I should have Microwaved them in some sort of sealed container as they boiled over and I had to clean the Microwave.

Looking at what hit parts of Alabama I hope Your area was OK?
    http://www.cullmantimes.com/news/county-commission-declares-emergency-in-wake-of-hail-storm/article_d04f44e2-2c66-11e8-9d83-c71b68b300d1.html
    County Commission declares emergency in wake of hail storm
    m6huJS.jpg
    The commission’s declaration of emergency follows Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey’s emergency declaration for North Alabama counties affected by the storms, which dropped grapefruit-sized hail over portions of Cullman County and wrought extensive property damage.

I see this, You are being Consistent with Your Logging.
    Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 3/20/2018

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More Humor Now posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 37 degrees with a breeze that caused a bit of a chill while walking. A light snow was starting to fall as I went out the door and is forecast to become much heavier later on this Wednesday. The footing was OK in may walking shoes and the sidewalks and roads were only wet with snow starting to stick on lawns and cars, It was also starting to build up on a footbridge I looked at while walking.

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/chicken-nuggets-burglar-279503
    Man Broke Into Minnesota Home, Cooked Himself Some Chicken Nuggets, Cops Say

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/zombie-apocalypse-rattled-man-013954
    Cops: Crime Spree Prompted By Zombie Fears

https://www.fastcompany.com/40546112/police-are-asking-google-to-provide-user-data-for-all-people-near-crime-scenes
    Raleigh police are asking Google to provide user data for all people near crime scenes

I wonder How and Why Google would have that Data ?

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/doorbell-dna-leads-deputies-to-accused-burglar
    Doorbell DNA leads deputies to accused burglar

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/03/20/list-of-wines-cited-in-lawsuit-as-having-high-arsenic-levels/
    List Of Wines Cited In Lawsuit As Having High Arsenic Levels

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-shoppers-want-customer-gadgets-over-humans-study-112622573--sector.html
    More shoppers want customer service from gadgets over humans: study

I do not believe it personally

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I’m in considerable pain (7/10) after falling twice right on the same bad hip. Just tripped nit dizzy. I just got a foster dog strait after neuter surgery. Keeping separate from my pack at least for today. Work is more insane...my lady boss is on medical leave for at least a week. And the junior writer is gone for two weeks. I caught a big issue today before it got out. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only actually reading things. Actually my right side hurts too. But not as bad as the left.

Hi Val
    I suspect You could be the only one reading things, I'm sure the News Departments do not read what they write for TV newscasts or Postings on the Internet. If anyone with a touch of common sense looked at them they would see the Misspellings and Grammar errors and inconsistencies. When The bottom Crawl says one thing and the News person says something different for example even though they are both about the same thing.

Were the falls close together or different days ? I did not mention it before but I had the same problem recently and tripped and fell on my right side, today is the first day my side does not hurt from landing on it. That cement floor in the basement was hard, It will be a while before the Darned Black Eye and scrapes clear up. I had not noticed that trip hazard until too late, Ouch.
    Sorry to have been unclear. I fell yesterday. My pain level was a 7 on a scale of 10. The good news is that walking around the house this morning, I’m much improved. Pain down to a 2 out of scale of 10. No sleep last night. Sammy cried a bunch. He doesn’t like the cone. He knows there are other dogs and he’s being separated. I thought i was tired yesterday...today is worse. Coffee is brewing.

I'm happy to hear that Your pain is better, I hope it is entirely gone in today or the next day.

Did You mention Why Sammy has a cone and I missed / forgot the answer ?

I hope the coffee helps, I know I become energized for the balance of my walk after I pick up and start drinking the Coffee when I walk.

Looking out the Window I see that the Snow is becoming larger and heavier and the lawn is turning white with the taller grass still sticking up through it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Day!

I am glad the pain is decreasing! i have fallen many times in my 40's and even in my 50's. Usually outside, and I have a terrible time getting off the ground if there is not something to pull up on. In fact, I did it so much I have a wave of pain that runs thru me when someone mentions it, or I see someone fall. Weird reaction! I am so sorry for both of you! Not a fun thing at all! Hope everyone heals quickly! :)

I am assuming the cone was from Sammy being fixed, Roger. Other than that, you did not not miss, lol... :#

Coffee, the elixir of life... I should not have caffeinated, but with so many B/P pills I admit I cheat a little, or would be non moving! :D

Sounds like you are going to get a blizzard, Roger! Our winds seem worst today, and I must recover my plants for 1 nite in case of frost. Only to be 34 degrees, but you never know. I am not sure the last cold did not take out my blueberries. Oh well...I will check when covering. I should have covered that, but no tarp or blanket large enough...

News is filled with so many mistakes and confused writing nowadays. It is rather disheartening....Odd about the google having useful data...Strange to me too! Strange article day, as a matter of fact, lol!!

Take care all. I hope you do not have to walk like me, carefully and looking like I am 90 yrs. old ...Jan