100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger - i look at your weather up there and can’t imagine walking when it’s so cold. I hibernated during winter when i lived in snow country, or drive to the mall and go walking there.

Bailey pup is now spoken for. She’s going to stay with me until Saturday.
    I’m stressed on three separate unrelated fronts. (1) work, (2) ex husband, and (3) Em’s Chemistry teacher. I worked late last night and tonight and finished the report that’s due Thursday. So tomorrow is review and strategy meeting. The workload isn’t stressful it’s the idiot managers adding chaos when there’s no need. I’m suing my ex (with his agreement) re my kid...he was supposed to sign a few forms w a notary. He signed one. Unclear if it’s a mistake or he’s playing games. He says it was a mistake. Time will tell. That teacher that was so horrid during teacher conferences...claims that my account of our meeting is pure fiction. I broke out laughing. He agrees there is no problem with the child. Well that’s good. But is claiming i am pretending there’s a problem??? I told the Dean what can I possibly get from doing that? He agrees the teacher’s story makes no sense.
    I couldn’t stop eating today...hungry (and I’m sure some stress eating). I stayed keto, just too much. I’m so tired of being fat.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good morning,

Roger, those are terrible temperatures!! Bless you heart!! :/

I have a terrible feeling I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with the car...I can not fully believe something did not go wrong underneath!!

Adorable pup...what a sweetheart. Why are bosses not more like dogs??? You have some nutty management at that place. Hard to believe they stay solvent..As Roger says..it must be all your hard work..with a few others...Not them for sure!! Do not let them get to you. Teacher or ex either...what a pain!!! Don't worry about a few days over..keto loses slow..but you will lose!! We all get frustrated over being heavy!! I can guarantee you that!! I hate it too!! <3
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 29 degrees. I did acquire a $1 Mexican coin or maybe it is a 1 peso although it uses a $ 1 on the one side that the clerk at the Store where I picked up my coffee did not want :smiley:

We have a light snow <1 inch that is forecast to start falling sometime this afternoon into the night, Conditions on Thursday will need to be determined and I will be interested in the evenings weather forecast.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/seniors-are-to-blame-for-housing-shortage-study-finds-2019-02-06
    Seniors are to blame for housing shortage, study finds

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/02/22/texas-researchers-food-preservatives-lazy/
    North Texas Researchers: Food Preservatives Could Make You Lazy

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/02/25/fake-airbag-filled-black-tape-shop-rag-deadly-crash/
    I-Team: Fake Airbag Filled With Black Tape, Shop Rag Found In Deadly Crash

https://www.fastcompany.com/90311572/lunar-library-30-million-pages-of-backup-human-culture-head-to-moon
    Humanity’s 30-million-page backup plan is heading to the moon

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rules-judges-might-serve-life-not-eternity-n975676
    Supreme Court rules judges might serve for life, but not eternity
    In order for a vote to count, a judge must be actively serving on the court when a ruling is rendered, the Supreme Court said.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger - i look at your weather up there and can’t imagine walking when it’s so cold. I hibernated during winter when i lived in snow country, or drive to the mall and go walking there.

Bailey pup is now spoken for. She’s going to stay with me until Saturday.
    I’m stressed on three separate unrelated fronts. (1) work, (2) ex husband, and (3) Em’s Chemistry teacher. I worked late last night and tonight and finished the report that’s due Thursday. So tomorrow is review and strategy meeting. The workload isn’t stressful it’s the idiot managers adding chaos when there’s no need. I’m suing my ex (with his agreement) re my kid...he was supposed to sign a few forms w a notary. He signed one. Unclear if it’s a mistake or he’s playing games. He says it was a mistake. Time will tell. That teacher that was so horrid during teacher conferences...claims that my account of our meeting is pure fiction. I broke out laughing. He agrees there is no problem with the child. Well that’s good. But is claiming i am pretending there’s a problem??? I told the Dean what can I possibly get from doing that? He agrees the teacher’s story makes no sense.
    I couldn’t stop eating today...hungry (and I’m sure some stress eating). I stayed keto, just too much. I’m so tired of being fat.
    Hi Val
    I do not enjoy walking when the weather is too cold, OTOH I do dress for it and have heated Gloves and Heated Mittens. The Mittens work better on the really cold days and the gloves I use when the weather is somewhat warmer.

I could go Mall walking, It would just be a nuisance have to either get my brother up early to let me out of the driveway or do the car shuffle a couple of times a day. I prefer not to put the extra wear and tear of cold starts on the engine and maybe transmission.

You really deserve less stress in Your life. Managers tend to feel the need to add something to help bolster their feelings of importance IMO.

It sounds like 50-50 that he forgot or is playing games, Time will tell. Good Luck there.

You are not surprised that a arrogant teacher would react and say that are You ?

It does sound like stress eating Staying Keto even if it was to much, it could have been much worse.

Good Luck for the rest of this week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning,

Roger, those are terrible temperatures!! Bless you heart!! :/

I have a terrible feeling I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with the car...I can not fully believe something did not go wrong underneath!!

Adorable pup...what a sweetheart. Why are bosses not more like dogs??? You have some nutty management at that place. Hard to believe they stay solvent..As Roger says..it must be all your hard work..with a few others...Not them for sure!! Do not let them get to you. Teacher or ex either...what a pain!!! Don't worry about a few days over..keto loses slow..but you will lose!! We all get frustrated over being heavy!! I can guarantee you that!! I hate it too!! <3
    Hi Jan
    I suppose the temperatures do not bother me as much since I lived in the Midwest when Young and then in NJ and never in what could be called a warmer climate. NJ runs warmer than Iowa for example :wink:

Good Luck with the car, often time what scrapes is the exhaust system and it is likely to be OK or You would hear it.

Not letting things get to You is trick that is hard to acquire IMO.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The puppy might not be spoken for...they want her but apartment manager won’t allow even though lease says they can.
    I worked all day and am working all night. That huge report thst takes two weeks...that I finished...one of the sets of data that was given to me is bad, do need to do it over completely!
    Ex says he signed and mailed so that’s looking hopeful.
    The teacher is clinging to his assertion that em is bad. In addition to her haohad a different book out once, now ge says thst she stood up in class. But he admitted that he didn’t mention anything to her or to me. I hate this man.
    I’m so tired and my ulcers hurt.
  • Buttons61
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello!!
    Your temps are remaining awfully brutal in my opinion!! I have gotten Southified!!! :# But you do have some beautiful walking places!! Stay warm and carefully bundled..

Young people could maybe afford housing if real estate prices were more in tune with wages.. I take exception to that article!!! Somebody is making money..not old people or young home buyers. Greed is the American way.... :s
    Cool finding foreign coinage!!! :)

Dr appt. tomorrow. Hazel is not showing up to make my supper..drats...lol!!

Hang in all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and one beat up and corroded penny was found. If it were not for the round shape I would have missed it as it was a similar color to the crack in the road where I spotted it. The Temperature out the door was 28 degrees. Yesterdays "Snow" left the roads wet and most of the sidewalks likewise with a coating on the lawns that the grass is peeking through.

Off and on Cloudy sky this morning, when I left out I could not even see low flying planes, later on I could see the Moon and stars and then some clouds rolled in. Possible bad weather this weekend, The weather forecasters will not commit yet, ever since they were wrong back in November they have been cautious that way.

https://apnews.com/897c540ddfb647e6971bd77d6b12e305
    He rode into Alabama a tech savior, then swindled millions

https://abcnews.go.com/International/beheaded-crusader-vandals-decapitate-800-year-mummy-dublin/story?id=61325855
    Someone beheaded 'The Crusader': Vandals decapitate 800-year-old mummy in Dublin church
    The 400-year-old remains of a nun were also damaged in the incident.

https://www.apnews.com/b4c7e8aace4d45bca6d4b2f6b2ee0ac0
    Using 1 germ to fight another when today’s antibiotics fail

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The puppy might not be spoken for...they want her but apartment manager won’t allow even though lease says they can.
    I worked all day and am working all night. That huge report that takes two weeks...that I finished...one of the sets of data that was given to me is bad, do need to do it over completely!
    Ex says he signed and mailed so that’s looking hopeful.
    The teacher is clinging to his assertion that em is bad. In addition to her haohad a different book out once, now ge says that she stood up in class. But he admitted that he didn’t mention anything to her or to me. I hate this man.
    I’m so tired and my ulcers hurt.
    The Puppy being allowed if fought for may turn out to be one of those You win the battle and lose the war things :(

Crud, Bad data, No luck at all, Makes me wonder if that was on purpose or just an idiot being what they are.

Good Luck with the Ex, I hope the mail comes through and is complete.

Teachers can be arrogant and that could lead to defensive behavior. If You go see this "Person" again can I suggest a hidden recorder, I looked and as I thought per this page.
    http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/texas-recording-law
    http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/texas-recording-law
    That page makes me think You can record as long as you are present legally.

I hope that is helpful, For the smallest best devices to do that look for a surveillance Store, I see three, Dallas, Austin, And San Antonio.

Try not to let this idiot get to you, that could be his goal.

Good Luck and I hope the rest of this week is better.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!!
    Your temps are remaining awfully brutal in my opinion!! I have gotten Southified!!! :# But you do have some beautiful walking places!! Stay warm and carefully bundled..

Young people could maybe afford housing if real estate prices were more in tune with wages.. I take exception to that article!!! Somebody is making money..not old people or young home buyers. Greed is the American way.... :s
    Cool finding foreign coinage!!! :)

Dr appt. tomorrow. Hazel is not showing up to make my supper..drats...lol!!

Hang in all!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Our Normal daytime high temperatures should be in the 50s according the the weatherman, Ha! Wednesday it never got up to freezing ans see more days in the extended forecast that will be below normal and some of the nighttime temps in the teens :(

I agree, If the Seniors holding on to their homes was to blame where should they go if they sell if not another home, Nursing home, Senior Apartments, assisted living ? That article was written by a dummy IMO.

Good Luck at the doctors today

Buttons61 8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 2/27/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m exhausted but not sleepy. Zero sleep last night. Worked until midnight then spent 4 hours stressing over that teacher...then back to work.
    The puppy is available...landlord wouldn’t budge. She’s really sweet. I let her sleep in the big bed last night and she just cuddled and slept while I watched Muder She Wrote and tried to figure out what to do about the chemistry teacher. Sigh.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

Does it seem like some people are on this earth just to give others a hard time? :s That teacher sounds like he is in need of some professional help. Geez....To bad she can not switch teachers. I remember you said that was not really possible. Hope things quiet down at work, Val. Too bad about the pup. I bet they were heartbroken..Weird it is okay in the lease but not with the manager. Don't feel you will have too much trouble finding him a family.

Weird weather all over the U.S. Sounds like a rough weekend in Jersey coming. We are due for a cold spell. We have had more rain...it is rather damp down here.

Doctor went well. I did get something for arthritis. What is one more when you are taking so many... :D

I was really bad..I have had a taste for donuts and got some. The sad thing was they were not worth it. Much too sweet. Even sadder I ate them anyway....not keto so will start fresh again in the morning.. >:)

Stay safe all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just now posted more humor, Enjoy. I liked the swamp rats humor, the rest of that for tomorrow :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 25 degrees. When I headed out there was no snow falling, the snow started by the time I was 2 blocks from home and was in the 1/2 or a little higher by the time I returned home. It is still snowing lightly here and according the the local news forecast it should stop shortly, South NJ is forecast to have more snow accumulation.

100% chance of Precipitation here since it is already falling. The weather forecast shows precipitation in the forecast for Saturday, Sunday and Monday, That means four days with some sort of either rain, snow or a mix.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-plush-toilet-paper-use-wiping-out-canadas-forests-flushing-away-the-future-report
    U.S. plush toilet paper use wiping out Canada's forests, flushing away the future: report
    The report gave failing grades to the leading toilet paper, tissue and paper towel brands for using only virgin fibre pulp, mostly from Canada’s old boreal forests, With the average American using almost three rolls each week

Huh ? Bad Idea #1
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/02/27/Lake-Erie-first-lake-to-be-granted-same-rights-as-a-human/1661551286456/
    Lake Erie first lake to be granted same rights as a human

Bad Idea #2
    https://www.local10.com/education/state-proposes-lowering-f-grade-to-just-39-percent
    State proposes lowering 'F' grade to just 39 percent

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02/26/continuous-glucose-monitor-diabetes-blood-sugar-eversense-cgm/
    New Continuous Glucose Monitor Implant Sensor Comes As Welcome News To Diabetes Sufferers

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/can-you-trust-online-reviews-here-s-how-find-fakes-n976756
    Can you trust online reviews? Here's how to find the fakes

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I’m exhausted but not sleepy. Zero sleep last night. Worked until midnight then spent 4 hours stressing over that teacher...then back to work.
    The puppy is available...landlord wouldn’t budge. She’s really sweet. I let her sleep in the big bed last night and she just cuddled and slept while I watched Murder She Wrote and tried to figure out what to do about the chemistry teacher. Sigh.
    Hello Val
    I am sorry to hear that, Zero sleep is not good for anybodies health, Supposedly, according to the news last night not getting enough sleep has an effect on weight loss and can cause a gain :( That sounds like both of us FWIW.

Mom watched Murder She Wrote too FWIW, She enjoyed it.

The landlord could be forced to allow a dog if it is in the lease, Then the Landlord could decide not renew when the lease expires so it sounds like a Lose lose situation sadly.

Good Luck With the Arrogant Lying Chemistry Teacher.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Does it seem like some people are on this earth just to give others a hard time? :s That teacher sounds like he is in need of some professional help. Geez....To bad she can not switch teachers. I remember you said that was not really possible. Hope things quiet down at work, Val. Too bad about the pup. I bet they were heartbroken..Weird it is okay in the lease but not with the manager. Don't feel you will have too much trouble finding him a family.

Weird weather all over the U.S. Sounds like a rough weekend in Jersey coming. We are due for a cold spell. We have had more rain...it is rather damp down here.

Doctor went well. I did get something for arthritis. What is one more when you are taking so many... :D

I was really bad..I have had a taste for donuts and got some. The sad thing was they were not worth it. Much too sweet. Even sadder I ate them anyway....not keto so will start fresh again in the morning.. >:)

Stay safe all!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    At the risk of not being PC I am not surprised that a Muslim (Moslem ?) would be that way dealing with females. IMO if You do not speak the language clearly You should have nothing to do with teaching.

As for the Puppy I suspect that it is easier when they are small and cuddly :smiley:

Damp I can deal with.

How many are You taking ? I would be worried about interactions between them.

It can be hard discarding something You paid for.

I wonder if this one can be baked in the oven ?
    The BEST Keto Bread EVER! | Keto yeast bread | Low Carb Bread | Low Carb Bread Machine Recipe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJdHPKAMXg

I am also not sure if Net Carbs work with High Blood Sugar or Keto, The recipe says

Macros per slice of Keto Yeast Bread (assuming 18 slices): Calories: 105 cal Fat: 5g Carbs: 2.2g Net Carbs (10.1g total carbs – 4.6g fibre – 3.3g sugar alcohols) Protein: 10g

So is it 10.1 total carbs to worry about or the 2.2 net carbs ?

Either way, Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Bailey puppy is lovely. She uses the doggie door to take herself out to potty, even at night in the 40 degree drizzle. To make sure she’s clear, I still lead them all out after sleeping.
    Taking Bailey today to meet interested people.
    Work load is really bad.
    I’ve been good about staying keto but still eating too much.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm home and with the snow falling I decided not to go walking and thus no money was found. The Temperature outside is 30 degrees.

OOPS
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/28/doctors-carried-emergency-c-section-crash-victim-48-wasnt-pregnant-8773864/
    Doctors carried out emergency c-section on crash victim, 48, who wasn’t pregnant

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47401439
    Family pug seized by town over unpaid debts and sold on eBay

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/america-s-cities-are-running-on-software-from-the-80s#gs.9fHerBaW
    America’s Cities Are Running on Software From the ’80s

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/theres-been-a-mysterious-surge-in-100-bills-in-circulation-possibly-linked-to-global-corruption.html
    There's been a mysterious surge in $100 bills in circulation, possibly linked to global corruption

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-parents-sleep-deprivation-parents-sleep-doesnt-recover-until-6-years-after-having-a-baby-study-finds/
    Parents' sleep doesn't recover for years after having a baby, study finds3

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/02/28/Meat-grown-in-labs-could-hit-the-market-this-year/3501551219166/
    Meat grown in labs could hit the market this year

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Bailey puppy is lovely. She uses the doggie door to take herself out to potty, even at night in the 40 degree drizzle. To make sure she’s clear, I still lead them all out after sleeping.
    Taking Bailey today to meet interested people.
    Work load is really bad.
    I’ve been good about staying keto but still eating too much.
    Hello Val
    Despite not walking I suspect I will get enough exercise in to make up for the not walking when we go out and shovel the Sidewalks and driveway. The driveway will likely need two shovelings as when the plow they push snow into the foot of it by the road :(

I wonder if or when we will get mail today, Today is the day my pension check which they never mail before the first of the month should arrive :wink:

Wow, Bailey is housebroken that quickly, Kudos. Good Luck with the interested people, Push the fact that with a Doggie door She is housebroken it couldn't hurt.

I am sorry to hear about work, I keep hoping for improvement there.

Eating Keto as I said even if more than You should it could be worse, You could be stuffing Yourself with carbs.

Carbs Jack up the Blood Sugar and can lead to cravings when the blood sugar crashes later on.

There is a Pork Loin in the Refrigerator that my brother plans to cook later today and that will become a fairly lean Protein to go with my NS food plan and if sliced in a nice tasty sandwich.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger

Hello Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

I had to get ready yesterday for the retreat today and straighten the house as my daughter let May out for me. The retreat was like 7 am to 5 pm..so it was a long day without someone for her. She did okay being it, but not sure if her tummy was upset or being alone upset her. I think it was just her tummy as she ate a little grass yesterday, too. Fun day but so glad to be home!!! I missed home and May.. :#

That is quite the snowfall and temp. probably wise to take it somewhat easy!! Of course, shoveling is hard work whether once or twice!! Darn plows, lol!!

My word, just wrong to sell a dog for paying bills. On e-bay they were very lucky to get a good owner. It could have been such a nightmare. I still think it is just wrong though...Frankenmeat..they better label it as such, because I do NOT want it!! Ha Ha!! I could have told them it takes years to recover from having a kid. I could have used the money and told them all that, lol... :D

On the carbs you can subtract all fiber and some of the alcohol sugars also. So your net carb would indeed be the 2.2 carbs. Sometimes on the alcohol carbs it depends on the sweetner used. It is very much still reduced. Some alcohol carbs will make people hungry. Just have to try it and see. Too many also can give you diarrhea!! :s The bread is many slices so should not matter unless you eat the whole loaf..which I could do!! Portion control is a shaky thing for me. I think that recipe said you could just bake it. My breadmaker often tells a recipe that you can hand mix and bake in a reg oven too. Some you can not..

Hang in there all!!! Val, hope you get some rest and work improves!! Roger take it easy with the snow!!

Have a Good Day!! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. The Streets and most of the sidewalks were OK, Except that where the sidewalks crossed the streets many of those areas had lumps of snow thrown there by the Plows so I did 50% or more of the walking in the streets. Tonight's weather forecast as of last night is for snow moving in during the evening hours and enduring through the night into early Monday.
    Although I did not walk yesterday the MFP says that I burned 738 calories while shoveling the sidewalks and driveway.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/63-percent-of-millennial-homebuyers-have-regrets-heres-why.html
    63% of millennials who bought homes have regrets—usually because they missed this one crucial step

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/01/grocery-store-stocks-take-a-beating-on-report-that-amazon-will-launch-its-own-chain-of-supermarkets.html
    Grocery store stocks take a beating on report that Amazon will launch its own chain of supermarkets

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/02/28/colorado-state-university-uchealth-surgery/
    Dog Breathing Easy After Breakthrough Surgery Previously Used For Humans

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/03/01/care-payments/3001818002/
    Why Americans are suddenly paying $550 per month for new cars

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/02/religion-workism-making-americans-miserable/583441/
    Workism Is Making Americans Miserable
    For the college-educated elite, work has morphed into a religious identity—promising identity, transcendence, and community, but failing to deliver.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger