100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning.

Another pretty day. Guess the rain will start this week. Long church day, but ate keto..so a good thing.

I really do not see how a restaurant or retailer could turn down either cash or cards. Where is common sense? I know you are relieved the no cash is not in force. That seems just dumb to be...cash is money!! :#

Loved the keto clips, all of them. I can not wait to do the egg one especially, as I feel I will use that alot. radishes that are baked are Delicious as opposed to raw to me. I am not fond of too peppery a radish, and that is all we get down here. One time I found a pink sweet radish..but never saw them again. Miss hash browns too..so what is not to love? Always can eat cheesecake- both looked yummy. I like his videos as you get the best of the best recipes. There are some awful ones, especially the old first attempts at stuff!! :D

Thanks for finding them!!

Just needed to vacuum the car floor. They always get really dirty due to leaves. Also I never seem to have quarters lately as I am lazy and go to the car wash!! Their machine takes 4 quarters. I was too lazy to do my own shop vac job....maybe tomorrow!!

Take care!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Congratulations on eating Keto at church I'm sure the food selection was loaded with non keto temptations.

I shall be very unhappy if I have to limit where I shop if they will not take cash in the future. Paying cash is one of the methods I use to control spending, When You can just wave a credit or debit card as You spend that makes it easy to overspend. I can see one reason to go cashless, I shall explain :wink: If You do not accept cash the crooks are less likely to rob the place. They claim that going cashless is faster, I do not know, I do know that people can order Duncan Donuts coffees and have them waiting when they get there in the pickup area as the App handles the payment at the time of the order occurring.

I agree many of the radishes tend to get hot, I'm not sure about all of the varieties such as Watermelon Radishes.

And I thought that maybe the Pizza or Hashbrown recipes would be more interesting, The Cheesecake looks like an involved process, Maybe as a once in a blue moon type food ?

Today we got lucky and all that is falling here is rain and not snow, possibility of Snow on Wednesday too :(

I get my rolled coins from my brother, he always puts his change in a coin jar at the end of the day and then rolls them up, I use exact change when I buy my coffee so I use my coins and tend to not get that many to start with.

Rechargeable Vacuum for the car, Sort of like the old Dustbuster :smiley:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACK-DECKER-DUSTBUSTER-Quick-Clean-Cordless-Hand-Vacuum-HNV115J06/49418036?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=3520&adid=22222222227039460562&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=90382755512&wl4=pla-182542152992&wl5=9004031&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=49418036&wl13=3520&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw6ahjZ3F4AIVBY_ICh357Af1EAQYAyABEgLcrfD_BwE

In Store price, I suspect it could pay for itself quickly ? Sale price I suspect.
    BLACK+DECKER DUSTBUSTER Quick Clean Cordless Hand Vacuum, HNV115J06
    Average rating:3.0397out of5stars, based on151reviews151 reviews
    BLACK+DECKER
    Walmart # 573551783
    $12.00
    $24.00

Options here on Amazon too from $11.80
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=dustbuster+handheld&rh=i:aps,k:dustbuster+handheld&qid=1550491167&sort=price-asc-rank

Have a Good Day and Congratulations on this
    Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 2/17/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    and
    Buttons61 yesterday
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 21 lbs so far.

Roger

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi...i lost a day with this 3-day weekend. Saturday i had more than 11,200 steps (for the current me, I'm thrilled when i hit 5,000). Today about 6,000. My left knee hurts horribly! Never had knee problems but my weight has to be hard on them.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    good morning!

Great job with the walking, Val!! be careful withe knees. Mine were really fine and turned on me practically overnite, oddly enough. I walk just in the last 4-5 months like people do when they go for knee replacement s. Not a cool thing at all. I have had back problems, leg problems, foot problems but never did i think I would have knee problems.. Monday off has messed up everyone, lol... :#

Keto seems to involve a lot of cooking, Roger, and mixing and measuring. The one thing that sometimes I do not always feel like doing! The cheesecake is not much harder than anything else! Probably why people eat too much meat..it is easier than mixing ingredients!! One of the biggest mistakes is too much protein to too little fat!...As a matter of fact. I am munching on buttered walnuts as I had calories left and leaner meats today. Got my snack in and upped my fat content for a better ratio, lol... :)

I may invest in a handheld vacuum. I did however get my car floor done. It only picked up about 3/4's of May's hair. That stuff is stuck to the seat and floor surfaces like glue. And mostly white dog with a black car interior is never good!! The black was all they offered though at the time at that dealer. Not enough to turn down a great price, though I had wished for something lighter...

Hope you get no slush and little snow and the sun breaks through!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees with a light wind. There was this big white glowing thing in the sky when I went out the door and it was still showing on my return home around 5:50 AM :)

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/manhattan-atms-are-absolutely-riddled-with-bacteria/
    Manhattan ATMs are absolutely riddled with bacteria

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/bank-employee-used-atm-loophole-to-score-1m-in-free-cash/
    Bank employee used ATM loophole to score $1M in ‘free’ cash

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8445285/burnt-toast-more-toxic-traffic-fumes/
    BROWN BREAD BREKKIE Burnt toast could be more toxic than TRAFFIC FUMES, scientists warn
    Researchers in the US found the least harmful way to make toast was to turn the bread a light golden brown rather than burning it

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Garlic Bread - Low Carb, Keto Diet Fast Food!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-nFO5FYk8
    I love Garlic Bread, My waistline hates it OTOH.

And

How To Make Cauliflower Bagels | A Grain Free + Low Carb Recipe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlmQ0mvKXE

Last but not least, a favorite food so this one should be real interesting to me.

Lasagna Recipe - (Low Carb Recipe) - Noodleless Lasagna
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-ZsyfHK8M

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi...i lost a day with this 3-day weekend. Saturday i had more than 11,200 steps (for the current me, I'm thrilled when i hit 5,000). Today about 6,000. My left knee hurts horribly! Never had knee problems but my weight has to be hard on them.
    Hi Val
    I hate it when that happens.

I know I can feel it in my knees if I put any weight on so I am not surprised that You might feel it. Congratulations on the step counts. Maybe a Walking stick would help with the knee ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning!

Great job with the walking, Val!! be careful with the knees. Mine were really fine and turned on me practically overnite, oddly enough. I walk just in the last 4-5 months like people do when they go for knee replacement s. Not a cool thing at all. I have had back problems, leg problems, foot problems but never did i think I would have knee problems.. Monday off has messed up everyone, lol... :#
    Hi Jan
    It threw me, Yesterday My brother said no mail ? So I said I forgot to check, went out and checked, no Mail, Then I face palmed and said Holiday, no mail to him and he said Duh !

Mom had both knees replaced and was much more mobile afterwards and one of the women at one of my two banks had a hip replaced and was able to do away with her cane.

Why two banks, I am a firm believer in not having all my financial eggs in one basket, I run my pension through one and SSI goes to the other. Both are free checking so no problem with cost.
    Keto seems to involve a lot of cooking, Roger, and mixing and measuring. The one thing that sometimes I do not always feel like doing! The cheesecake is not much harder than anything else! Probably why people eat too much meat..it is easier than mixing ingredients!! One of the biggest mistakes is too much protein to too little fat!...As a matter of fact. I am munching on buttered walnuts as I had calories left and leaner meats today. Got my snack in and upped my fat content for a better ratio, lol... :)

I may invest in a handheld vacuum. I did however get my car floor done. It only picked up about 3/4's of May's hair. That stuff is stuck to the seat and floor surfaces like glue. And mostly white dog with a black car interior is never good!! The black was all they offered though at the time at that dealer. Not enough to turn down a great price, though I had wished for something lighter...

Hope you get no slush and little snow and the sun breaks through!! ...Jan
    That is what I am seeing, lots of work to make it interesting. I did order a steak delivery recently, it was a nicely marbled one pound Rib-eye steak, tasty too, I forgot to cancel the Potatoes with it, I had a choice of Fries or Mashed. It came with lots of mixed vegetables too and they were tasty. Oh Oh, I'm tempting myself to order another one :(

I agree with why Keto people eat too much meat, much easier :smiley:

I'm not sure if I would enjoy buttered walnuts, How were they.

BTW You could always top Your Lean Meat with butter and let it melt in for extra fat.

Was the car vacuumed with a straight nozzle or one with a stiff brush. for tough things to pick up I use a Crevice Tool as it gives more suction. Black Car with White Dog, Yikes.

Have a Nice Day
    Enjoy the Keto recipes post.
    Roger

BTW Congratulations on both of the achievements below.
    Buttons61 20 hours ago
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 23 lbs so far.
    and
    Buttons61 11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 2/18/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Great keto recipes!! I was set to make the garlic bread till I remembered I forgot to buy cream cheese a few days ago..Darn!! next time i am out I will be buying some, lol..

Had my knee MRI 7 am this morning. Useless for the rest of the day. Okay as it is cold rainy and grey. It is 50 degrees with wind..not to match your temps of course.. ;) We will be 70 tomorrow..

Everything hurt from climbing the MRI table. It was super easy, though no one has EVER asked since you must wear a bi-pap...will you be able to breathe flat on your back.. AHH.. the answer would be no..Not easily. Accounts for most of the anxiety for MRI's in my case!!

My car seats seem to have a lot of a nylon type component. Like I said glue. Everything sticks to it.. :) I did use a stiff brush..I need to find the rest of my attachments...but hey....I did at least get the most important part done- at least it looks better!!

The walnuts and butter were good!! Toasting with a little cinnamon and Swerve would have been great..but that involved the dreaded mixing and cooking!! lol!! :D

Thanks for noticing!! FINALLY dropped some weight. I was excited myself!! Keto you lose weirdly..not for awhile, then kind of a chunk..But I have no back slid..knock on wood!!

Your steak sounded great!!! Gave me a taste for some!!! I would get another!! :)

Take care!! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I will be posting more humor in a few minutes

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 25 degrees. The moon was visible, Not to visible due to clouds that thickened as I walked. 100% chance of precipitation, Snow turning into a mix and then rain.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2019/02/18/grand-canyon-tourists-exposed-radiation-safety-manager-says/2876435002/
    Grand Canyon tourists exposed for years to radiation in museum building, safety manager says

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/investigates/foreign-ownership-of-thousands-of-us-aircraft-cloaked-in-secrecy/287-959247e4-3aba-4c0a-a83b-639145e81a64
    Foreign ownership of thousands of U.S. aircraft cloaked in secrecy
    Why does a small East Texas town called Onalaska have more than 1,000 registered aircraft - and no airport?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article226423575.html
    DNA testing needed to identify mystery animal that attacked and killed NC teacher

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

Great keto recipes!! I was set to make the garlic bread till I remembered I forgot to buy cream cheese a few days ago..Darn!! next time i am out I will be buying some, lol..

Had my knee MRI 7 am this morning. Useless for the rest of the day. Okay as it is cold rainy and grey. It is 50 degrees with wind..not to match your temps of course.. ;) We will be 70 tomorrow..

Everything hurt from climbing the MRI table. It was super easy, though no one has EVER asked since you must wear a bi-pap...will you be able to breathe flat on your back.. AHH.. the answer would be no..Not easily. Accounts for most of the anxiety for MRI's in my case!!
    Hi Jan
    I know I have a hard time resisting a good Garlic Bread, Sadly they are not all good and there is no way to find out before trying them.

I would have thought that they would have a way to get on the table easily and if needed someone to assist ?

I saw the weather maps for the south and it was not a pretty image. Stay safe & warm.

Here is a Keto bread recipe, that I should try as it is low carb and described like this
    This low carb bread tastes so close to the "real thing". It also has the same texture and consistency of normal bread, but with FAR FEWER carbs!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPCo9L8iTyA
    My car seats seem to have a lot of a nylon type component. Like I said glue. Everything sticks to it.. :) I did use a stiff brush..I need to find the rest of my attachments...but hey....I did at least get the most important part done- at least it looks better!!

The walnuts and butter were good!! Toasting with a little cinnamon and Swerve would have been great..but that involved the dreaded mixing and cooking!! lol!! :D

Thanks for noticing!! FINALLY dropped some weight. I was excited myself!! Keto you lose weirdly..not for awhile, then kind of a chunk..But I have no back slid..knock on wood!!

Your steak sounded great!!! Gave me a taste for some!!! I would get another!! :)

Take care!! Jan
    If it were not for the uncomfortable feel Your predicament sounds like a plug for the old Vinyl Bench seats :wink:
    Have You thought about seat covers ? I have used them on some of my cars in the past.

Swerve ? Mixing and Cooking, Oh the Horror :smiley: Seriously who wants to do that for a quick snack, that removes the Quick from the snack.

I am really feeling like another steak minus any Potatoes, Luckily the weather is going to turn snowy the morning between 10 AM and Noon and I do not want to drag anyone out into bad weather.

I saw this too, Congratulations
    Roger

Buttons61 8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 2/19/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Tough day yesterday and the sadness returned when i woke. A super nice and competent work friend died in a car crash Monday. His kids are younger than Em. Needed ambulance at my house yesterday for roommate who was deathly ill. He’s stable now. Anither work friend’s daughter was taken by ambulance...as of last night they were still thinking appendicitis and blood clot. She’s 18.
    On a good note, Ringo got adopted and is loving his new family.
    And five pups were dumped in the country, so I’ve volunteered for 2-3.
    Em is on a field trip today to Texas A&M College Station.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Morning!!

Val, such horrible news. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. How terrible for the family, friends and fellow workers..Also sorry about your roommate. Glad he is stable. Hope your work friends daughter gets stable too and receives good care.. What an incredibly stressful day...thoughts are with you... <3

Glad there was one or two good notes too... ..Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options

Roger...most comments seem pretty small compared with Val's rather heartbroken day...

We sure do appreciate you and the posts.. Appreciate the bread recipe..looks like truly best ever!!

Both in my prayers tonite with some others...Seems like a rough day in a lot of places.. :|

Take care all!!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 34 degrees. The moon was semi visible due to clouds.

The weather yesterday was a forecast. When I went out the door walking this morning I wore my insulated Waterproof Boots with a nicely aggressive tread. I will say that they are much heavier than what I usually wear so on my return home I sat and rested for a while before getting on here.

I am not going today to CostCo as I have one days worth of something I use including Paper Goods and Frozen Vegetables, therefore CostCo tomorrow giving things a chance to dry up as the snow melts due to the forecast high in the 50s.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/polar-vortex-killed-stink-bugs/
    Researchers: Polar Vortex May Kill Off 95 Percent Of Stink Bugs

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/19/petition-to-sell-montana-to-canada/
    Petition To Sell Montana To Canada For $1 Trillion Goes Viral

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26559/virgin-atlantic-boeing-787-dreamliner-hits-801-mph-over-pennsylvania-thanks-to-jet-stream-tailwind
    Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787 Dreamliner Hits 801 MPH Over Pennsylvania, Thanks to Jet Stream
    Nothing like a little breeze at your airliner's back to make it look like you're going supersonic.

https://youtu.be/CwxGDdsI_bU
    Watch the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Swoop and Soar Like a Fighter Jet
    A very large fighter jet. That can hold up to 420 very airsick people

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/02/dna-books-artifacts/582814/
    The Lab Discovering DNA in Old Books
    Artifacts have genetic material hidden inside, which can help scientists understand the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/fake-milk-real-news-synthetic-alternatives-threaten-traditional-dairy-farms-n973236Fake milk is real news, as synthetic alternatives threaten traditional dairy farms
    To prevent consumers from becoming confused between regular milk and plant-based milk, dairy farmers are asking the FDA to enforce the definition of milk as “lacteal secretion from milking one or more healthy cows."

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Tough day yesterday and the sadness returned when i woke. A super nice and competent work friend died in a car crash Monday. His kids are younger than Em. Needed ambulance at my house yesterday for roommate who was deathly ill. He’s stable now. Another work friend’s daughter was taken by ambulance...as of last night they were still thinking appendicitis and blood clot. She’s 18.
    On a good note, Ringo got adopted and is loving his new family.
    And five pups were dumped in the country, so I’ve volunteered for 2-3.
    Em is on a field trip today to Texas A&M College Station.
    Hi Val
    That was a tough start to the week. I can see why You are sad. That horrible news would be enough to sadden anyone.

I hope the rest of the week goes better.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Morning!!

Val, such horrible news. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. How terrible for the family, friends and fellow workers..Also sorry about your roommate. Glad he is stable. Hope your work friends daughter gets stable too and receives good care.. What an incredibly stressful day...thoughts are with you... <3

Glad there was one or two good notes too... ..Jan
    Roger...most comments seem pretty small compared with Val's rather heartbroken day...

We sure do appreciate you and the posts.. Appreciate the bread recipe..looks like truly best ever!!

Both in my prayers tonite with some others...Seems like a rough day in a lot of places.. :|

Take care all!!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I agree Vals news makes other thing seem small.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

How To Make Homemade Ketchup - Sugar Free, Keto & Paleo - Bobby's Kitchen Basics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rbnhW5sOJ8

and

Low Carb Crack Slaw - BEEF vs. CHICKEN - SO GOOD!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHonbV4FD8U
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My friend’s 18 yo daughter is still hospitalized. She has small blood clots in both lungs and other locations, but a very large one in her thigh. She’s on heparin while they try to dissolve the ones in her lungs before they do surgery on her leg. She’s a very active slender college freshman...goes skiing and is a runner. It doesn’t seem logical.

I’m okay. Still really sad. I stayed on keto but ate more than usual yesterday. Em had fun on her field trip but doesn’t want to go to college there. That’s good to know.

Hope you both have a super day! I really appreciate your being here and your encouragement when I am on a healthy path and understanding when i stray. Thank you. 💜💜💜
  • Buttons61
    Options
    good morning!

Some of those more dramatic pictures from keto take about a year to achieve. I know I can do it on most days. But every now and then it is okay to have a forbidden carb. I just get back on and remember the craving is carb induced and eat well with protein and fat the next day. Seems to work though slow. With all the stress you are under, just getting thru the day is reward enough!! <3 Overeating bacon is never bad, lol.... :#

Your friend must have some genetic background for her to have clots like that, Val...It does seem crazy!

Great articles..what is up with this selling Montana stuff??? :D

Huge planes scare me....not sure how I would like that!! :|

Wise to let the weather dictate your actions, Roger..

Trust me...stink bugs are not disappearing from the South any time soon...or in my house apparently.... :/

Take care all!! ...Jan (5 inches rain and lightning from hell last nite!!!) :*
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I will be posting even more humor, 5 of them themed

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 40 degrees. The moon was visible through light clouds that thickened as I was walking.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-campaign-tech-privacy-20190220-story.html
    Your phone and TV are tracking you, and political campaigns are listening in

https://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-britain-stonehenge-origin-20190220-story.html
    Scientists say they discovered the origin of Stonehenge’s stones — 180 miles away

https://www.studyfinds.org/average-home-air-quality-levels-comparable-major-polluted-city/
    Air Quality Level Inside Average U.S. Home May Be Comparable To ‘Polluted Major City,’ Shocking Study Finds

Nut Job
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/suspect-thought-dog-was-spying-for-police-charges-in-jefferson/article_d93a9e4c-3dcd-5bab-9cbb-ebb9219a8855.htmlSuspect thought dog was spying for police, charges in Jefferson County animal abuse case say

https://www.foxnews.com/health/14-pound-13-ounce-newborn-sets-record-at-texas-hospital?intcmp=oborg_fam
    That's one big baby! Texas mom gives birth to 14-pound, 13-ounce son

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    My friend’s 18 yo daughter is still hospitalized. She has small blood clots in both lungs and other locations, but a very large one in her thigh. She’s on heparin while they try to dissolve the ones in her lungs before they do surgery on her leg. She’s a very active slender college freshman...goes skiing and is a runner. It doesn’t seem logical.

I’m okay. Still really sad. I stayed on keto but ate more than usual yesterday. Em had fun on her field trip but doesn’t want to go to college there. That’s good to know.

Hope you both have a super day! I really appreciate your being here and your encouragement when I am on a healthy path and understanding when i stray. Thank you. 💜💜💜
    Hi Val
    If the 18YO was a couch potato or spent all day sitting I could understand the clots, However being young and active, I do not know what is happening. I hope that it all gets resolved quickly. How bad is the Thigh clot that they want to do surgery rather than try and dissolve it ?

As long as You stayed Keto I would not be worried about it. I am not doing Keto currently however I am trying to be low Carb due to Blood Sugar Levels. Wednesday I had a Tasty One Pound Ribeye Steak and mixed Vegetables and Thursday I ate the Cobb Salad I ordered at the same time, Then later that day I heated up the Homemade Pastrami and had a hot Pastrami Sandwich on a 20 Carb slice of Rye cut in half and NS food for Breakfast and Dinner. Despite that the Scale was Kind to me today. Where I did blow it was that I should have cut the steak in half to eat over two days.

We are all human and subject to the occasional slip.

Have a Good Day
    Roger