100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Em and i went out today and Charlie missed us but wasn’t upset like the first time. I work from home so that’s not an issue. Tomorrow Em and I will be gone all day...driving to Corpus Christi to look at the university. He’s delightful to live with. With each day he’s getting more playful and confident. He’s great at fetch. Our weather was below freezing then jumped to 90 degrees. Supposed to rain tomorrow. I wish we could take Charlie with to the university. But no dogs allowed in buildings.
    Hi Val
    The more You say about the way Charlie is reacting the more I am positive those people do not deserve a dog, What a Shame.

Good Luck with the Day away, However family comes first so good luck with him.

That is some wild weather, How do You dress for swings like that ?

Stay Safe and Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

The more you talk about Charlie, Val,the gladder I am he is not with those people!! :) That weather sounds way crazy, much worse than ours!! Hope you and Em enjoy your day!! <3

Love the Wesh cake chick. Happy thing she is, and interesting accent. I hear mostly Welsh guys with more brogue, though she has it too. Just different and interesting.

Marathon Day (church...)... I am beat. And with you about that time change. Just ridiculous :D . I say split the difference and lets pretend that is the time!!

Be careful walking!!!! Yep, it is sure Monday, lol... ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I agree with You, Those are not people that should be near a dog. I do sort of wonder if it was only one or more of them that were the problem, sort of like it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel full.

Those Welsh Cakes looked so good I posted before I ever watched that video :wink:

Please just leave it one or the other year round, drop the no longer needed time seasonal time changes.

Two more clocks to update the time on, I will need a stool to get to one or a short ladder where it hangs over the door to the dining room in the kitchen.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    A glorious morning!!

...You found a nickel!! Yay!! :)

Glad you are on the receiving side of some better weather!! It is raining here. Probably we will get around 2 inches between the week-end showers and today. I put my plants out.. I just could not stand it. In a week they will probably get carries to the wintering box and protected again. We will I am sure still have another bout with cold weather..

Wow, the tabs for my meds from Chewie were 66 dollars compared to 105 dollars. I may need to skip my loyalty to the vet and but from there..A friend said her vet matched the price for her. Hmmm...

The info on Chernobyl was interesting, though no surprise. I do not know how these officials live with themselves. A friend spent some time in Russia years ago and how sad his tails were of the reg. people living there. Crumbling factories, roads, machines with no one to fix them or no one who even remembered how to do it. These people feed them their own food they gathered for the guests. All they had. And most of it not fit for consumption. They as guests choked it down to not hurt these poor people's feelings.. So sad...

I am really behind doing now. It just does not feel the right time...So annoying. The only good part is when it willl stay lighter much longer ... :*

Just crazy!! Careful climbing..Not my favorite thing at all..esp. with lightbulbs, lol... :# ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I chuckled when Roger asked how i dress for the huge temperature swings. I rarely leave the house...so i pretty much wear the same thing day in, day out. 🤣
    I liked Texas A&M Corpus Christi. You are allowed to always be barefoot!!! (Reminds me of growing up in New Zealand...barefoot everywhere, including school. My teacher was even barefoot. It’s on its own island...so cozy and rarely do non-university people show up, which is a huge safety perk! Em had little interest...she was rather crabby most of the day.
    I nade corned beef and cabbage (no potatoes)... which really hit the spot.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted more humor, Enjoy :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. The forecast for a 5 day stretch of nice weather started this past Monday.
    When I was walking this morning there was a intermittent wind that caused a wind chill and some wind noise.

https://causeaction.com/2019/03/10/young-people-starting-careers-in-negative-wealth-category/
    Young people starting careers in negative-wealth category…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6791637/Homeless-beggars-making-200-DAY-reveals-ex-soldier-says-11lb-streets.html
    Homeless beggars are making £200-a-DAY: Adventurer and world record holder Ed Stafford reveals what tramps earn and says he put on 11lb while living on the streets for Channel 4 documentary

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8602877/scientists-blame-working-mums-uk-child-obesity/
    MOTHER OF ALL CLAIMS Scientists blame working mums for UK’s child obesity epidemic in shocking paper that claims their kids eat more and move less
    A study carried out by University College London looked at 20,000 families, and is the first to link mums who work to the weight of their children

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8608179/criminals-hide-knifes-public/
    CAN YOU SPOT THE KNIFE? How knife thugs hide deadly weapons in public so they can grab and stab in seconds
    Seventeen people have been killed in a horror 18 days as knife crime grips the UK

Oh the Horror, No Internet...
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/internet-collapses-in-venezuela-with-80-offline-twitter-youtube-soundcloud-blocked/
    Internet Collapses in Venezuela with 80% Offline; Twitter, YouTube, SoundCloud Blocked

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    A glorious morning!!

...You found a nickel!! Yay!! :)

Glad you are on the receiving side of some better weather!! It is raining here. Probably we will get around 2 inches between the week-end showers and today. I put my plants out.. I just could not stand it. In a week they will probably get carries to the wintering box and protected again. We will I am sure still have another bout with cold weather..

Wow, the tabs for my meds from Chewie were 66 dollars compared to 105 dollars. I may need to skip my loyalty to the vet and but from there..A friend said her vet matched the price for her. Hmmm...
    Hello Jan
    I do not think we are past some days of freezing weather here for at least a Month and a Half.

Stay Dry. At least You have a wintering box.

I intend to try and get a price match from the cable company since I can get Cable, Fios and Satellite for TV and Internet.
    The info on Chernobyl was interesting, though no surprise. I do not know how these officials live with themselves. A friend spent some time in Russia years ago and how sad his tails were of the reg. people living there. Crumbling factories, roads, machines with no one to fix them or no one who even remembered how to do it. These people feed them their own food they gathered for the guests. All they had. And most of it not fit for consumption. They as guests choked it down to not hurt these poor people's feelings.. So sad...

I am really behind doing now. It just does not feel the right time...So annoying. The only good part is when it willl stay lighter much longer ... :*

Just crazy!! Careful climbing..Not my favorite thing at all..esp. with lightbulbs, lol... :# ...Jan
    I have seen TV specials on Chernobyl and the surrounding area. It seems that Radioactive animals have been spreading out into areas outside the containment area.

The weird thing is that despite the Russian reputation that the Rockets to the space station work as do their Military Aircraft. I have heard that the average Russian Citizen carries a String bag in case they come across something to buy.

I suspect that You have run across news that starting at a future point a Passport will not be enough to get a traveler into the European Union.

I do my climbing like that when My brother is on hand, Just in case.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I chuckled when Roger asked how i dress for the huge temperature swings. I rarely leave the house...so i pretty much wear the same thing day in, day out. 🤣
    I liked Texas A&M Corpus Christi. You are allowed to always be barefoot!!! (Reminds me of growing up in New Zealand...barefoot everywhere, including school. My teacher was even barefoot. It’s on its own island...so cozy and rarely do non-university people show up, which is a huge safety perk! Em had little interest...she was rather crabby most of the day.
    I made corned beef and cabbage (no potatoes)... which really hit the spot.
    Hello Val
    I have to dress appropriately for the out the door temperatures as I wear shorts and a T-shirt all year and those would not work for at least 2/3 of the year.

I would think that going barefoot could lead to the spread of a foot fungus.

My brother asked me yesterday what I thought of having potatoes with the corned beef Sunday. I said no potatoes works for me, He then said Cabbage or Sprouts and Potatoes are the traditional way to have the Corned Beef.
    Corned Beef and Cabbage should be a good meal to stay Keto and low calorie.

I wonder why Your Daughter was uninterested ? Safety is not to be underrated.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl and links to a low carb cashew chicken, chicken saag and keto butter chicken. From what I see losing the Crunchy Egg Roll wrap is what helps make it Keto.

https://www.ketoconnect.net/keto-egg-roll-bowl/

Notes
    Net Carbs: 4.75g
    Note: The less cabbage you use, the lower the total and net carbs will be!
    Nutrition
    Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.75g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20.5g | Fiber: 2g

Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl
    Course: Main Dish
    Keyword: keto egg roll bowl
    Prep Time: 2 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Total Time: 12 minutes
    Servings: 4 servings
    Calories: 310kcal
    Print Recipe
    Ingredients

1 lb ground pork/beef/chicken
    12 ounces cabbage (we used a ready made cole slaw mix)
    1/4 cup liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
    2 tbsp chicken broth
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp ground ginger
    2 tsp Sriracha
    1 tbsp Sesame Oil
    2 tbsp minced green onion
    1 tsp Sesame Seeds
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I survived work. I picked up two adorable puppies and delivered them to Maggie for neutering tomorrow. I’m tired.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning!

I picked up corn beef and cabbage too. I will miss the potatoes though.. :# Recipe above looks good..I need to try it!!

Funny Em did not like the college..it's academics perhaps? I remember Jenny at that age, kind of moody and grumpy at times!! :)

Another Dr appt Weds. Bummer week at being busy but not getting done what I need to..sigh..

Glad you weather is better, Roger. I think Val and I are rainy and stormy..

Puppies!!! Cool!! I can understand you being tired, Val!! <3 Hang in there all!! ...Jan

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and I found One Penny. The Temperature out the door was 31 degrees.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/show-up-drunk-to-shrink-your-prison-sentence-indictments-highlight-rehab-scam/
    Show up drunk to shrink your prison sentence: indictments highlight rehab scam

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/local/estimated-more-bottles-of-ranch-dressing-cleaned-up-after-i/article_e13eb95b-511c-5dd4-9b97-7b55e16736dc.html
    Estimated 8,000 more bottles of ranch dressing cleaned up after I-70 truck crash last week

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2019/03/11/Study-Forgetting-works-brain-harder-than-remembering/8071552331339/
    Study: Forgetting works brain harder than remembering

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/scorpion-air-transat-flight-1.5050236
    'Oh, my God, something bit me': Scorpion stings student on Toronto to Calgary flight

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2196172-breathing-in-before-doing-something-may-actually-make-you-better-at-it/
    Breathing in before doing something may actually make you better at it

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I survived work. I picked up two adorable puppies and delivered them to Maggie for neutering tomorrow. I’m tired.
    Hi Val
    That is so sad that the best You can say about work is that You survived :(

I hope today goes better.

Two more puppies that will need homes in the future, Good luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!

I picked up corn beef and cabbage too. I will miss the potatoes though.. :# Recipe above looks good..I need to try it!!

Funny Em did not like the college..it's academics perhaps? I remember Jenny at that age, kind of moody and grumpy at times!! :)

Another Dr appt Weds. Bummer week at being busy but not getting done what I need to..sigh..

Glad you weather is better, Roger. I think Val and I are rainy and stormy..

Puppies!!! Cool!! I can understand you being tired, Val!! <3 Hang in there all!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I will miss eating the Potatoes also, I lobe them Boiled, Baked, As French Fries or Home Fries however they are High Carb and Thus a forbidden fruit so to speak.

I like Egg Rolls, However they are calorie bombs due to the wrap and being deep fried. I could pick them up and discard the wrap but why bother as they would not be the same.

It sounded like a nice place to become educated so why ? Who knows.

Good Luck at the Doctors. I hope You get better rested for the rest of the week
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

My dr appt was kind of a bust..kind of not. He saw me too early though he said we could do it. (this is my colonoscopy dr.) I laughed and said it was a busy month especially for my daughter who drives me. So we opted to do it in July yearly. It worked out as I will not have to worry about her scheduling, and my prep will not be during income tax time. Worked for me!! :)

I have been bad and gotten off keto. I have gained 6 lbs and need to get back..all carbs and not good ones. >:)
    Just too many cheats and hard to stop as going to restaurants and eating keto gets tiring..as all the "good stuff is off limits, lol..I will get back on though..almost ready but I plan to have pasta Thursday first...

We have a cold spell coming on Friday, but it had been warm and in the 70's. Cloudy though...only one day of sun.

My yard needs attention. I need a day home, lol...When I get one, it is usually raining!! :D

Scary about those Boeing planes being grounded in the news!! :/

Great humor and posts!! Sure thank you!!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My front and rear yards need attention. GrumpyPuppyRescue currently has 22 available dogs. Surge of dumped pups and dogs. I have Charlie and he’s awesome and housebroken!
    Roger—survival is the best I can say. I can’t stand that one boss. I didn’t encounter him today...was super busy.
    I’ve been staying true to keto, but portion control is a problem.
    This group of pups is now distributed with fosters.a9hph6qope5u.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted more humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 42 degrees. That made me happy as I could shed one layer while walking, that layer was a moderately heavy Sweatshirt. OTOH I was out with my brother doing some running around and I spied 3 corroded Pennies So I did find three cents yesterday late in the morning.

Before I forget Yesterday as I was sitting in the Living room eating my pre walk NS snack so as not to be putting coffee into a empty stomach I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and sure enough there was a Walking Appetite AKA Deer crossing the lawn. Then today on my way to pick up today's part Decaf and part regular coffee I had four of them crossing lawns ahead of me.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/11/tim-berners-lee-the-web-is-dysfunctional-with-perverse-incentives.html
    The man who invented the web says it’s now dysfunctional with ‘perverse’ incentives

https://nypost.com/2018/12/05/mysterious-florida-tunnels-secrets-revealed/
    Mysterious Florida tunnels’ secrets revealed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6798259/Giant-crucifix-bottom-Lake-Michigan-draws-revelers-worshipers-country.html
    VERY holy water: Hundreds flock to a frozen Lake Michigan to see an underwater, 11ft marble crucifix with Jesus on that is visible for the first time in four years because of the extreme cold

A should be read article.
    https://www.apnews.com/17f0f799580a483fbd1b2d69bcf2ba18
    Gene-edited food quietly arrives in restaurant cooking oil

https://pix11.com/2019/03/11/nyc-will-have-meatless-mondays-in-all-public-schools/
    NYC will have ‘Meatless Mondays’ in all public schools

https://nypost.com/2019/03/11/woman-wins-the-lottery-30-times-in-one-day/
    Virginia woman wins the lottery 30 times in one day

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

My dr appt was kind of a bust..kind of not. He saw me too early though he said we could do it. (this is my colonoscopy dr.) I laughed and said it was a busy month especially for my daughter who drives me. So we opted to do it in July yearly. It worked out as I will not have to worry about her scheduling, and my prep will not be during income tax time. Worked for me!! :)

I have been bad and gotten off keto. I have gained 6 lbs and need to get back..all carbs and not good ones. >:)
    Just too many cheats and hard to stop as going to restaurants and eating keto gets tiring..as all the "good stuff is off limits, lol..I will get back on though..almost ready but I plan to have pasta Thursday first...

We have a cold spell coming on Friday, but it had been warm and in the 70's. Cloudy though...only one day of sun.

My yard needs attention. I need a day home, lol...When I get one, it is usually raining!! :D

Scary about those Boeing planes being grounded in the news!! :/

Great humor and posts!! Sure thank you!!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    By to early as in time of day or that he had not reviewed the test ?

Speaking of taxes, How are Yours doing ?

Don't feel bad, Yesterday while running around We stopped at the ShopRite Grocery Store and I at junk from their hot food bar that was more than I should have eaten. It was so much what as the quantity I ate
    0.11 of the Macaroni and Cheese, Not to bad there.
    0.22 of a Chicken Chunks and with Noodles where I selected mostly Chicken and very few noodles, Not to bad either.
    0.43 that was two Salisbury Steaks in a brown gravy, Bland too.
    and last but not least 0.69 of BBQ Chicken Wings, too many and to much sauce.
    Plus a container of Chicken Broccoli from the Chinese Take out counter in the store.
    I hate myself for buying and eating the wings and Chinese :( The scale told me I was up 1.75 pounds from yesterday morning. I'm hoping that a lot of that is water weight and disappears as fast as it appeared.

There is only one effective trick for dealing with restaurants and that not so easy trick is to avoid them as if they would give You the plague :smiley:

Rain in the forecast for Friday here and supposedly we will be hitting the 60s today.

I did not find that the grounding was scary, I thought it was a over reaction to be honest.
    From Here I suspect a issue with maintanence.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane-witnesses/ethiopian-plane-smoked-and-shuddered-before-deadly-plunge-idUSKBN1QS1LJ

GARA-BOKKA, Ethiopia (Reuters) - The Ethiopian Airlines plane that crashed killing 157 people was making a strange rattling noise and trailed smoke and debris as it swerved above a field of panicked cows before hitting earth, according to witnesses.

Half a dozen witnesses interviewed by Reuters in the farmland where the plane came down reported smoke billowing out behind, while four of them also described a loud sound.

BTW You likley will not see the trailing smoke part on news in the US.

I'm glad You are enjoying the posts
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    My front and rear yards need attention. GrumpyPuppyRescue currently has 22 available dogs. Surge of dumped pups and dogs. I have Charlie and he’s awesome and housebroken!
    Roger—survival is the best I can say. I can’t stand that one boss. I didn’t encounter him today...was super busy.
    I’ve been staying true to keto, but portion control is a problem.
    This group of pups is now distributed with fosters.a9hph6qope5u.jpeg
    Hello Val
    So do our yards, There are clumps of dirt thrown up on the lawn by the snow plows that need to be raked away.

Is 22 dogs a lot ? I wonder why the surge of dumped dogs and pups.

If You read my post to Jan You will see that portion control is a major problem for me too, It's tough when the foods all taste so good :(

Good Luck at work today
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is set to be posted shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 48 degrees. As I was heading homeward from the walk this morning I got sprinkled on twice. It was not enough to bother putting on my disposable rain gear.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/13/solar-storms-powerful-one-hit-earth-2-700-years-ago/3140290002/
    Want to turn off the internet? It could happen if a solar storm hits the Earth

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47551786
    Chickens 'gang up' to kill intruder fox on French farm

https://www.studyfinds.org/eye-scan-may-detect-alzheimers-disease-earlier/
    ‘Game Changer’: Simple Eye Scan May Detect Alzheimer’s Earlier, Study Finds

http://news.trust.org/item/20190313104914-k085q
    SPECIAL REPORT-Online activists are silencing us, scientists say

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I have 4 and Maggie has 7 of our own dogs. Plus...22 fosters with no kennels. We have many new volunteers fostering which enables us to increase our capacity, but it gets complicated getting everyone to medical appointments and meet & greets. Logistical challenges!
    I just realized I can’t do my taxes until i get my computer fixed. Dead for 2 weeks. Arg.
    My law suit against the ex husband will get filed next week. Not yet sure whether i am needed to attend because it is an agreed order.
    I’ve been complaining to the not nice boss about a big problem with that program since January. He finally understands why I’ve been so panicked. Finally suppoting me that it should get shut down until IS fixes their glitch. He is exhausting to deal with because he doesn’t listen.