100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

So glad you are on the mend Val. Sounds like just in time for your busy week. You better plan a little extra nap or something in there (somehow!) as it sounds like a hectic schedule when you may not be 100%. You are however very prepared from the sounds of it.. <3 Good luck with Charlie!!

I know we have a legal system but really, someone who stabs someone that many times does not need to be in society. I found the article rather weird, as the first article claims a gang of people assaulted him. Then he apparently dies at some point then no mention of the gang ..why would they be touching him inappropriately either. How do you not charge the guy with murder and think it is manslaughter.. :o

Rather scary story on those Ford explorers too!!

There are sure a lot of crazy people in the world..

Roger you sound like you are in the last throes of winter there. Bless you for going out!! That is dedication!! :)

Nice catch on my timing to visit my son. You would think after 20 years of nite shift I would not make that mistake. But you are right..I stay up late but think of it as the same day,lol!! :#

Great lake visit, nice to get out..Take care all!!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I do not always agree with the way the legal system works, As an example way to many people caught committing a scrim in New York City have been arrested over 100 times, How the heck are they out on the street to commit more crimes ?

Crazy People is You being kind.

I hope the really cold weather is done here also.

I worked a lot of years on a night shift to, The worst thing is swing shifts, You never really adjust to them.

I'm glad You had a good time.
    Good morning!

Awesome about Charlie, Val!! Hope each day you are feeling stronger!!

Roger, I know I am not a day person, but dang you are an early riser!! Good for you!! Sounds nice to walk seeing the moon like that! :) My daughter is on spring break this week. Hope to spend some time with her. Sunday cooking for the church group again. This is open to the whole church, mainly though for guests and newcomers. And of course our group stays. Too much food..and yummy. Did not do well today, lol.. :#

Take care all!! ..Storms for Monday here... ...Jan
    I am not that happy that I seem to be slipping into getting up earlier and earlier, I had hopes that the shift to daylight savings time would help. Alas that was not to be.

I am sure you can get going with the Keto again. It's like riding a horse, You get thrown, You get back on right away.

I did see these

Buttons61 2 days ago
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 18 lbs so far.
    Buttons61 2 days ago
    has logged in for 160 days in a row!

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Before I forget
    Congratulations

hope4change_val 6 minutes ago
    lost 2.6 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 21 lbs so far.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Roger on your consistent maintenance and routine walking! You’re an inspiration.
    Congratulations Jan on your weight loss and getting back on the keto wagon.
    I’m having a bad afternoon. Morning was good, no cavities and i like the dentist.
    Then i went to work. My aneurysm has been swollen all day (which is unusual), and it butst during a meeting so i excused myself and ran out to control the bleeding. My dic couldn’t see me, my ent couldn’t see me. Found a neurologist but they wouldn’t see me without a referral. Went back to ENT and he said no. So I’m in bed in severe pain waiting for it to burst again. Ig pushes ilon my brain and make thinking hard.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Val, I guess I did not remember you having and aneurysm. I have probably forgotten and need to look back. Maybe you should go to the ER. Sounds awful, and a terrible timing this week to boot. I sure am sorry..

You are pretty inspirational, Roger! All the storms missed me today. It was just very dark with terrible lightening. There was some wind damage here and there, due to mostly straight line winds.

Jenny came over today and she helped me clean most of a bedroom. We filled the entire trash container past the brim, shredded and my car is filled with stuff for goodwill. Nice feeling. Not quite done, though. She worked way harder than I did. Bless her!!

Val, hope to hear from you and how you are doing!! <3

Roger, take care!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Jan-Great job on the cleaning and getting rid of un-needed stuff.
    Ive gad this aneurism for 6 years. Only thing ER cares about is immediate death so they just stop the bleeding after it rolls and pops. They shove afrin-soaked gauze up the nose...and charge an arm and a leg. So i do that myself. When it fills, it presses in my brain which hurts and causes ne to panic. Then 1- minute to 1 hour later, it rolls over and bursts through the top of my right sinus, causing a deluge of blood. Today it happened at work while i was talking to a manager. When i felt it roll i said oh ko, jot kiw. Then I felt it burst and plugged my nose, said excuse me I have to go, and ran out. My doc wasn’t available, my ENT wasn’t avalable, I found a neurologist that refysed to see me without a referral. My ENT declined to provide that referral. The last bad episode was 1/2 hour after i was discharged from the hospital with sepsis (so a year and 3 mos). I have multiple minor bursts per year. Today’s was the most painful and lasted from noon to 6:30 pm. Most are done in an hour, two tops.
    Previously the ent said he couldn’t do anything unless i was there before it bursts. But with such limited window plus weekends, he’s never been able to fit me in! Im really sick of this.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I was so out of it...when the neurologist office asked my name, I gave them my maiden name! I’ve have had this married name for twenty years!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor will be posted shortly, That poor Cat

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and nothing was found. Yesterday I neglected to mention that in addition to the pennies I found I found a unused 1 cent stamp on the Post Office floor as I was mailing off the payments for the Gas & Electric and Credit Card bills. The Temperature out the door was showing 35 degrees

We had good news yesterday, The legislation to pass Legalized Marijuana was withdrawn by the Governor. My guess is that happened when he could not get enough votes to pass it and he hates losing or criticism so he can avoid a loss.

My brother should be picking up the free ham earned by spending $400 in a defined time period on Wednesday. We were less that $3 from that goal Sunday :smiley: After last year he wants to get it right away as somehow someone redeemed the free ham in south NJ last year and he had to spend some time at the Courtesy Counter to get one for us.

Seems a bit strange to me
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/vegan-youtube-is-imploding-as-stars-like-rawvana-bonny-rebecca-and-stella-rae-change-diets
    The Weird World of Vegan YouTube Stars Is Imploding
    Rawvana, Bonny Rebecca and Stella Rae are eating animal products, triggering outrage and an identity crisis.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/environment/article228326574.html
    SC school bus driver avoids squirrels, crashes into house, report says .

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/charleston-man-who-dons-pharaoh-garb-gets-dna-results-linking/article_1a6cfc4c-45d2-11e9-9523-7fdc075593f4.html
    Charleston man who dons pharaoh garb gets DNA results linking him to Ramesses III

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Congratulations Roger on your consistent maintenance and routine walking! You’re an inspiration.
    Congratulations Jan on your weight loss and getting back on the keto wagon.
    I’m having a bad afternoon. Morning was good, no cavities and i like the dentist.
    Then i went to work. My aneurysm has been swollen all day (which is unusual), and it butst during a meeting so i excused myself and ran out to control the bleeding. My dic couldn’t see me, my ent couldn’t see me. Found a neurologist but they wouldn’t see me without a referral. Went back to ENT and he said no. So I’m in bed in severe pain waiting for it to burst again. Ig pushes ilon my brain and make thinking hard.
    Hi Val
    No cavities is good.

Work not so good, Where is the Aneurysm ? I'm thinking Nose ? I had a Nose bleed when I was young that would not stop and I ended up in the hospital. I still have occasional nose bleeds that packing some Kleenex in the nose stops pretty quick so no problem. What problem that might be if I was on blood thinners which I'm not does not bare thinking about.

OTOH You seem to be indicating it pulses in Your brain and that is not good.
    Jan-Great job on the cleaning and getting rid of un-needed stuff.
    Ive gad this aneurism for 6 years. Only thing ER cares about is immediate death so they just stop the bleeding after it rolls and pops. They shove afrin-soaked gauze up the nose...and charge an arm and a leg. So i do that myself. When it fills, it presses in my brain which hurts and causes ne to panic. Then 1- minute to 1 hour later, it rolls over and bursts through the top of my right sinus, causing a deluge of blood. Today it happened at work while i was talking to a manager. When i felt it roll i said oh ko, jot kiw. Then I felt it burst and plugged my nose, said excuse me I have to go, and ran out. My doc wasn’t available, my ENT wasn’t avalable, I found a neurologist that refysed to see me without a referral. My ENT declined to provide that referral. The last bad episode was 1/2 hour after i was discharged from the hospital with sepsis (so a year and 3 mos). I have multiple minor bursts per year. Today’s was the most painful and lasted from noon to 6:30 pm. Most are done in an hour, two tops.
    Previously the ent said he couldn’t do anything unless i was there before it bursts. But with such limited window plus weekends, he’s never been able to fit me in! Im really sick of this.
    That is a real shame, isn't there anything that can be to prevent it happening long term ?

It really sounds like the health care industry in Texas is no good and or that Your health plan stinks.

In Your shoes I would be both frustrated and beyond sick of it. Be Strong.
    I was so out of it...when the neurologist office asked my name, I gave them my maiden name! I’ve have had this married name for twenty years!
    Wow, That is out of it, I am guessing that the pain had that effect.

I wondered if that was how they treated it if it was the nose. When that bad nose bleed happened they put something in the nose with a thread all the way into the mouth to keep it there as I remember it.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Val, I guess I did not remember you having and aneurysm. I have probably forgotten and need to look back. Maybe you should go to the ER. Sounds awful, and a terrible timing this week to boot. I sure am sorry..

You are pretty inspirational, Roger! All the storms missed me today. It was just very dark with terrible lightening. There was some wind damage here and there, due to mostly straight line winds.

Jenny came over today and she helped me clean most of a bedroom. We filled the entire trash container past the brim, shredded and my car is filled with stuff for goodwill. Nice feeling. Not quite done, though. She worked way harder than I did. Bless her!!

Val, hope to hear from you and how you are doing!! <3

Roger, take care!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Don't feel bad, That is not something I remember either.
    The ER could be a problem depending on the health plan. Some of them have started a policy where You need to be dying to go to the ER or they leave You to pay for it, So wrong.

Anthem among health insurers refusing to pay ER bills, doctors say
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthem-among-health-insurers-refusing-to-pay-er-bills-doctors-say/
    Cloyd had an Anthem Blue Cross PPO health insurance plan and thought she would get charged just a co-pay for her ER visit. Instead, 15 days later she received a letter from health insurer Anthem. "Your condition does not meet the definition of emergency," read the letter. She was responsible for the total ER bill -- $12,596.

What Brittany endured is becoming more common in the health insurance industry, according to a Doctor Patient Rights Project (DPRP) study.

That weather sounds bad enough to me. Once again You were lucky with no damage.

My Brother goes on cleaning binges where if he has not used something for a couple of years, Out it goes also.

That's nice donating things You do not need

Congratulations for that and the following
    Roger

Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 3/25/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Shocking news for that article on ER visits. That is so not right. I guess we were always lucky, if you want to call it that, we all had asthma problems.Luckily breathing was covered. At least for now. It is ridiculous what you had to go thru to be seen, Val. I hope you are doing better. <3

Yay, Roger. Money and a stamp. Really cool!! And a free ham. Life is good!!

Going for Chinese today..Wish me luck!! :#

It was chilly and windy today. I piddled around and got a few things done. Not at all like yesterday, however. If I could be productive 2 days in a row!! :D

Last thing the states need is more MJ!! IMO, gladit was defeated however it went!!

Stay on track all!! Summer will be coming, lol... ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I already posted more humor FWIW

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and nothing was found. The Temperature out the door was showing 32 degrees. As I was sitting in the Living room finishing my coffee I noticed several walking appetites AKA Deer meandering down the street through the yards on both sides.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/25/california-water-drought-scarce-saudi-arabia
    Who keeps buying California's scarce water? Saudi Arabia

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/sweden-seen-likely-to-force-banks-to-handle-cash-transactions#gs.32ql25
    Sweden Seen Likely to Force Banks to Handle Cash Transactions

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-25/mix-up-british-airways-plane-lands-in-scotland-not-germany
    British Airways Plane Bound for Germany Accidentally Lands in Scotland

https://www.apnews.com/43cdea784de84c6592e30e079378a700
    An ‘extreme stalker’ has a Utah family’s home under siege

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi all. I am feeling much better, thank you. Suffice it to say, i now have my ENT’s attention. He’s ordering a CT scan with IV contrast. Then it can be surgically repaired. It is an artery above my right sinus, about 2-3 inches in from my face. Most of the time, it’s no problem. But when it presses on brain, thinking becomes so hard. I had forgotten that ENT initially suggested the scan in 2014, but I declined. I was too scared; I didn’t want anything to be wrong. Denial!! Ugh. Reality check, something is wrong, it is adversely affecting my life, and i need help to get it fixed.
    My GI doc is pleased with my weight loss in preparing for July hernia surgery.
    Going to the office today...chili cookoff.
    Hope you have a happy Wednesday.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Shocking news for that article on ER visits. That is so not right. I guess we were always lucky, if you want to call it that, we all had asthma problems.Luckily breathing was covered. At least for now. It is ridiculous what you had to go thru to be seen, Val. I hope you are doing better. <3

Yay, Roger. Money and a stamp. Really cool!! And a free ham. Life is good!!

Going for Chinese today..Wish me luck!! :#

It was chilly and windy today. I piddled around and got a few things done. Not at all like yesterday, however. If I could be productive 2 days in a row!! :D

Last thing the states need is more MJ!! IMO, gladit was defeated however it went!!

Stay on track all!! Summer will be coming, lol... ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    Shocking is an understatement as I see it. They are effectively making the insured decide what is an emergency by scaring then with the prospect of large bills. I am also sure that any savings from the restrictions will not go to lower premiums :( So far so good with Medicare.

My brother will be buying enough today to also pick up the free ham (low Sodium) That should eliminate the problem from last year of someone in South Jersey redeeming the free ham and requiring my brother to spend time at the courtesy counter to get the free ham.

Good Luck with the Chinese, You would think that Chicken Broccoli would be low calorie and low carb, Not so according to nutrition info. I think the that the Moo Shu ordered without the 4 thin pancakes and rice with the sauce on the side might work OK, It is a Multi Vegetable dish with a choice of protein after looking at the Takeout menu. I ordered the wrong thing the other day and ended up with a large portion of flat noodles as the main ingredient, I have just finished recovering from that Whoopsie. :(

Ha I'm happy to be productive once a week these days, two days in a row would be WOW :wink:

Sadly our Governor has already promised to bring it up again at a later date, Doing it the State Senate when it should be done with a referendum on the Ballot. Why have the people of the state vote on it when they might turn it down seems to be the way our state government works.

Roger

Congratulations
    Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 3/26/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all. I am feeling much better, thank you. Suffice it to say, i now have my ENT’s attention. He’s ordering a CT scan with IV contrast. Then it can be surgically repaired. It is an artery above my right sinus, about 2-3 inches in from my face. Most of the time, it’s no problem. But when it presses on brain, thinking becomes so hard. I had forgotten that ENT initially suggested the scan in 2014, but I declined. I was too scared; I didn’t want anything to be wrong. Denial!! Ugh. Reality check, something is wrong, it is adversely affecting my life, and i need help to get it fixed.
    My GI doc is pleased with my weight loss in preparing for July hernia surgery.
    Going to the office today...chili cookoff.
    Hope you have a happy Wednesday.
    Good Morning Val
    I am happy that You are now feeling better. If they suggest surgery then that could be the end of it making your life miserable. Good Luck with the CT scan. I can understand why You were in denial, I do that for more than one thing.

Losing the weight could, should be helpful dealing with the hernia surgery in more than one way as I see it.

Enjoy the Chili Cook-off
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

So glad you are doing better Val. And glad someone is addressing it. Trust me, we are all guilty of denial in some regard. You are not alone. You have had so much to go on and such fights to get adequate care, I hardly would blame you. Bravo for making it happen!! Positive Dr feed back is so important!!

Did good on the Chinese, but could not help myself. I stopped by Peach Park on the way home which is open now and had a homemade hand held peach pie and home made peach caramel ice cream...not keto!! :) That's my oopsie, lol....not a lot of remorse either!

Chili cook off sounds great!! Pretty sure I would like that! Your vegetarian chili sounds good too, Val!!

Okay, I really prefer my pilot to know when he is in route to the wrong country. I do not think the British Isles and Scotland look a lot like interior Germany... Scary!! :| Though not as scary as the stalking story. Who does that and why...sick.. and unreal!

Cool to see deer in the neighborhood. Wish you would post a shot of your street or neighborhood one day Roger. It just sounds awfully nice!! Though that would not be so private I guess!!

Keep trucking all!! Take care!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More Humor will be posted shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and nothing was found. The Temperature out the door was showing 32 degrees. There was a hazy ring around the moon.
    I have enough coffee left that I will only need to heat it before going walking.

https://news.yahoo.com/stolen-picasso-unearthed-indiana-jones-art-070646437.html
    Stolen Picasso unearthed by 'Indiana Jones of art'

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/armstrong/an-exorcist-comments-on-walmarts-satanic-products
    An Exorcist Comments on Walmart’s Satanic Products
    “Either they are intentionally promoting demonic things, or they are ignorant. Either way, they are responsible for spreading evil.”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2019/03/worlds-biggest-t-rex-found-in-canada-scotty-dinosaur/
    World's biggest T. rex discovered

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/26/venezuela-maracaibo-power-electricity-looting
    'Horror, fear, despair': Venezuela's oil capital shattered by 'tsunami' of violent looting

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

So glad you are doing better Val. And glad someone is addressing it. Trust me, we are all guilty of denial in some regard. You are not alone. You have had so much to go on and such fights to get adequate care, I hardly would blame you. Bravo for making it happen!! Positive Dr feed back is so important!!

Did good on the Chinese, but could not help myself. I stopped by Peach Park on the way home which is open now and had a homemade hand held peach pie and home made peach caramel ice cream...not keto!! :) That's my oopsie, lol....not a lot of remorse either!
    Hello Jan
    If I said I am not surprised that You stopped for a Hand Pie and Ice Cream, I find that Chinese is a trigger food that leads to cheats and the effect lingers for a day or two afterwards.
    Chili cook off sounds great!! Pretty sure I would like that! Your vegetarian chili sounds good too, Val!!

Okay, I really prefer my pilot to know when he is in route to the wrong country. I do not think the British Isles and Scotland look a lot like interior Germany... Scary!! :| Though not as scary as the stalking story. Who does that and why...sick.. and unreal!

Cool to see deer in the neighborhood. Wish you would post a shot of your street or neighborhood one day Roger. It just sounds awfully nice!! Though that would not be so private I guess!!

Keep trucking all!! Take care!! ...Jan
    As for the plane, Maybe it was being flown by wrong way corrigan :smiley:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Corrigan
    He was nicknamed "Wrong Way" in 1938. After a transcontinental flight from Long Beach, California, to New York City, he flew from Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, New York, to Ireland, though his flight plan was filed to return to Long Beach.

As for the stalker we have had something similar here in NJ
    https://www.grunge.com/54322/watcher-house/
    New Jersey seems to be the home for weird and creepy events. Jersey had its own mythical creature, a deadly theme park, and a rumored portal to another world. Now, there's another mystery haunting New Jersey. It doesn't feature ghosts, aliens, or devils, but one man called "The Watcher," who's making life hell for one family in the formerly safe town of Westfield:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/30/i-am-the-watcher-house-on-sale-for-1-25-million/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.798bbda348a8
    For sale: ‘The Watcher’ house, where a stalker’s chilling letters scared a family into fleeing

It is a more or less interesting read for those articles. Those poor people with all the publicity on the TV how to even sell it.

I would post a picture of the deer trotting across the yard except for two reasons, One no Camera handy and They only show up when it is dark out.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hello Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi. I worked until 9:30pm last night and tonight. Nose still feels good. Throat still a little sore with cough...never fully recovered from that infection. Court was supposed to be today but got postponed until Tuesday. My dog-Rescue friend sent me flowers today as appreciation for all i do plus with get well wishes. Tomorrow I’m driving Em and her friend to a teenager event at our art museum. So I’ll be out late. Then Saturday is a dog adoption event. Boudreaux is such a lovely doggo. Easy to care for...sweet, calm, and fun. etkbbln173u3.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

Love the flowers, Val! They are just beautiful and very thoughtful, too! Sounds like quite the week. I know you will be happy when things settle down some! Good luck with the adoption event. And have a great time dropping the kiddos, I actually miss all that car pooling we used to do!

Creepy articles about The Watcher. There used to be a scary movie with a similar theme. Maybe it is someone from that time era!

I cannot blame the chinese food for the craving.. I just love going to Peach Park and their peach products.. no excuse needed. They have wonderful BBQ and waffle fries too!! :#

jenny and I hit an antique store today. She grabbed up an old butter dish before I did..It was pretty funny. I had been going back to get it, and out she came with her find. It was from the 1950's and had the glass top too. I did get a first print 1940 songbook with piano music of Stephan Foster. A good find in pristine condition.

Pretty weather here. Pain for Sunday though. Sunshine in the 70;s with cool nights in the upper 40;s..

Sorry you are still cold, Roger!! :( ...Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Supposed to be Rain for Sunday..not pain. No editing button the last few days... :|