100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Congrats Roger on the 100%! I'm doing okay, but I can't rest and work 10+ hours /day.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi!

That's funny Roger, I was torn between Rose of Sharon and Hibiscus. That is why I was not sure. You may have to find a more detailed picture of each of the leaves! I had watched some of the horse stuff and cooking on RFD-TV when I had it. It was a good channel.

Val, I am glad you are feeling a little better, the heat with the humidity doesn't always hit you at first. I am inclined to think what was going on with your throat may have contributed.

Take care when outside, and take care in general! Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I made it to Wednesday! I leave here on Friday, and pick Em up on Saturday. The pics that camp posted for her first week (Percy Jackson week) show that she and the girl she met at check-in stayed best friends throughout that week. They did EVERYthing together! That girl was unable to stay for Harry Potter week. Em enjoyed the climbing wall!! So far this week's camp pics only show each kid under the sorting hat. I am still recovering from heat stroke...amazing how this hangs on (my body thermostat is struggling). Take care! Val
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am currently at 8,343 steps + One cent for the morning. Yesterday I reached 10,3xx steps total for the day. The weather this morning was slightly warmer than yesterday and it does not feel a if the predicted humidity drop has happened yet.

I stopped and mailed three bill payments and at the Grocery Store. Today I Picked up nicely green Bananas to use once I use up the one left in the refrigerator. If they had been less green I would have only picked up one of the loose ones. I also bought two varieties of Apple, Bartlet Pears, a head of Lettuce, All safely in the refrigerator except for the Bananas. I stocked up today as it is 10% Senior Discount Day :) All that stuff made the Backpack a little heavy but being a frugal type I take advantage of discounts :)

My brother is a somewhat unhappy as he chased a rabbit all over the yard until I got away. He Caught it nipping off his Dill plants. Leaving a short stub sticking up.

Have a Really Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Congrats Roger on the 100%! I'm doing okay, but I can't rest and work 10+ hours /day.
    I made it to Wednesday! I leave here on Friday, and pick Em up on Saturday. The pics that camp posted for her first week (Percy Jackson week) show that she and the girl she met at check-in stayed best friends throughout that week. They did EVERYthing together! That girl was unable to stay for Harry Potter week. Em enjoyed the climbing wall!! So far this week's camp pics only show each kid under the sorting hat. I am still recovering from heat stroke...amazing how this hangs on (my body thermostat is struggling). Take care! Val

Hi Val
    Ah, I do remember seeing the sorting hat in the first HP movie. Mom Loved them. I bought them on DVD for her.

I hope You feel better quickly
    Thank You for the Kind words
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

That's funny Roger, I was torn between Rose of Sharon and Hibiscus. That is why I was not sure. You may have to find a more detailed picture of each of the leaves! I had watched some of the horse stuff and cooking on RFD-TV when I had it. It was a good channel.

Val, I am glad you are feeling a little better, the heat with the humidity doesn't always hit you at first. I am inclined to think what was going on with your throat may have contributed.

Take care when outside, and take care in general! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I was surprised to learn that Rose of Sharon is a Hibiscus variety :)
    I always thought of Hibiscus as something that grew in the South and not up here. Live and learn.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Sometimes You can't make it up or It is hard to believe
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3709467/Special-delivery-Democrats-procure-flags-convention-stage-embarrassing-oversight-leaves-Old-Glory-missing-Monday-night-s-festivities.html
    Special delivery! Democrats procure flags for convention stage after embarrassing oversight leaves Old Glory missing from Monday night's festivities
    http://www.wtae.com/national/all-4-wheels-fall-off-after-brake-job/39581986
    All 4 wheels fall off after brake job
    Visit to California Jiffy Lube results in some problems
    UPDATED 4:59 AM EDT May 17, 2016
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    All four tires! OMG, aside from the danger, inconvenience, and car damage...that is kinda funny. I feel for the customer...no excuse for the "mechanic."
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Today is my last full day of work, before i take a week off to get the kid, visit friends, and drive back to Texas. It's been nice, but I'm glad to be almost done with this phase. GREAT WALKING ROGER!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I ended up with 10.3k steps yesterday, So far today I am at 7025 steps :) Around 10AM I will be heading out to the doctors for the follow up visit and to see if that X-ray showed anything.
    Wish me luck, It was 77 degrees at 6AM and humid. So far the plan is to walk there anyway and probably pick up a Decaf on the way home with a little ice in it to make it drinkable right away. I will adjust the route to the doctor to as short as possible or take a longer route based on how it feels when I get out the door.

According to my brother who went out and cleaned his AC filter while I was walking he needed a large blade to cut his way to the picnic table it was so humid :) His words were, I looked like one of the Three Musketeers waving my long blade.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    All four tires! OMG, aside from the danger, inconvenience, and car damage...that is kinda funny. I feel for the customer...no excuse for the "mechanic."
    Today is my last full day of work, before i take a week off to get the kid, visit friends, and drive back to Texas. It's been nice, but I'm glad to be almost done with this phase. GREAT WALKING ROGER!

Hi Val
    My best guess is either missing lug nuts or really lose hand tightened. Better the mechanic than the owner BTW, sort of poetic justice. Plus when it happens before the customer picks it up there is no way to shift any blame to the owner. Mechanic or so called Mechanic?

Feeling better I hope, And most likely so happy to be able to get going get Your daughter and get home too.

Thanks for the Kind words, Tomorrow may be a different story according to the weather forecast.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I'm very glad that I came here, but I'm also glad to go. I wouldn't mind living out here; so many different places so close together! Although I feel like just getting the kid and going home, we will be visiting friends across the Midwest for a week before we head for home. Today's wether is certain to make driving to Cincinnati even more fun. But first going to the office to fill out expense report!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I reached just over 12K steps Yesterday with the secondary walk to the Doctors when I got out of the house at 10:10, It was hot enough to be somewhat uncomfortable and more so on the return trip as it was warmer and I made a stop at the Produce store for a Head of Lettuce for me and Celery for my Brother, He also wanted Pine Nuts for his Pesto, They sold out until sometime today. He ended up going to the Grocery store and buying them as everything else was ready. The Grocery Store was more expensive too.

I Went for a walk today despite the rain, I managed to get to 7K steps despite that. The rain was light heading out and as it worked out harder just after the furthest point in the walk and some wind picked up too.

Here are some Tennessee Ernie Ford songs, I was listening to music today since I finished the Old time radio show I was listening to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0l-xPhWzs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLXRHZFAio&index=9&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIo43SPH7es&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB&index=18

Here is a link to a playlist of some songs by him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BtYlrWDVoA&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm very glad that I came here, but I'm also glad to go. I wouldn't mind living out here; so many different places so close together! Although I feel like just getting the kid and going home, we will be visiting friends across the Midwest for a week before we head for home. Today's weather is certain to make driving to Cincinnati even more fun. But first going to the office to fill out expense report!

Hi Val
    Visiting friends is always a enjoyable time.

Be careful driving, There seems to be rain and local ponding on roads here.

The doctor visit went well, I walked there FWIW. Blood report and X-ray results:
    Cholesterol good, Blood Sugar good, Blood Pressure Good, Everything was in the normal range. The PSA was good too, Something I believe You do not have to worry about :)

The X-ray showed no Problems.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi All.

I lost my post I was just writing. I do not know what I hit. But T.E. Ford came on kinda of by himself and scared Chester and me half to death! I had been listening but was pretty sure I had turned it off!

Roger, so glad your Doctor's went so well. All of your hard work paid off! Good thing as your finding change on your walks have seemed scanty of late! My grandmother loved listening to him and I remember sitting with her. I loved him too. Gee, that was a long long time ago!

Val, going home is like slipping into your own bed after camping, nothing beats it! I know you will enjoy your friends visit and having Em by then, so it will be a good end to your vacation!
    Travel safely and I hope easily!

Jan B)

• hope4change_val
    Options
    Congrats Roger on all the walking and the excellent doctor's appointment!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I managed 8500+ steps yesterday, That's what I get for getting out in the rain and not waiting for it to end, today 8643 steps already.

I did a quick look at the garden, evidently the other 5 Raspberries that had no fruit are really late fruiting, They have small Berries now and the other 5 are already done producing :)

75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ.

While I was out I was listening to some Petula Clark that I captured from a LP, I paid a Giant 49cents for years ago still sealed, This is one of the Songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8U7ExAt8Ys
    And This on by ABC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jiV0BsB590
    and two versions of this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVzzQLCo_A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLLrHAB3X0

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All.

I lost my post I was just writing. I do not know what I hit. But T.E. Ford came on kinda of by himself and scared Chester and me half to death! I had been listening but was pretty sure I had turned it off!

Roger, so glad your Doctor's went so well. All of your hard work paid off! Good thing as your finding change on your walks have seemed scanty of late! My grandmother loved listening to him and I remember sitting with her. I loved him too. Gee, that was a long long time ago!

Val, going home is like slipping into your own bed after camping, nothing beats it! I know you will enjoy your friends visit and having Em by then, so it will be a good end to your vacation!
    Travel safely and I hope easily!

Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I hate it when I do that sort of thing too.

So far so good. I am not sure if people just more careful or if someone is out finding the money before I do :)

If the YouTube window is on screen the space bar will toggle pause and play, could that be it?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Congrats Roger on all the walking and the excellent doctor's appointment!

Hi Val
    Thank You for the Kind words.

Have a Safe drive today and enjoy Your Saturday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi All!

I think that I did hit the space bar Roger, so I bet that is what happened! It has been a while since both Chester and I moved that fast! LOL! It amazes me that the plants can grow so differently with almost the same care. They can have a mind of their own. I have not watered my honeysuckle vine in about 3 days. The poor thing looks like it is on it's last leg. It grows wild, too and is in shade some of the time. I thought it would do better, but I am hoping I don't lose it. I was trying to cut down on my walking a little. I guess I had better not cut watering that out!

I am trying to rest the ankles still. Both were giving me trouble this week at the same time and I could not walk for a couple of days at all. This is getting really old! I have been practically immobile the last three weeks of July. That is not how I planned to progress!

It has helped with eating. I do not want to get up and get food--sometimes a good thing! :)

I am planning to listen to your above offerings, Roger. I love Pet Clark. Keep up the good work!

Thinking of you Val! Continued safe travels! Jan B)

• RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi All!

I think that I did hit the space bar Roger, so I bet that is what happened! It has been a while since both Chester and I moved that fast! LOL! It amazes me that the plants can grow so differently with almost the same care. They can have a mind of their own. I have not watered my honeysuckle vine in about 3 days. The poor thing looks like it is on it's last leg. It grows wild, too and is in shade some of the time. I thought it would do better, but I am hoping I don't lose it. I was trying to cut down on my walking a little. I guess I had better not cut watering that out!

I am trying to rest the ankles still. Both were giving me trouble this week at the same time and I could not walk for a couple of days at all. This is getting really old! I have been practically immobile the last three weeks of July. That is not how I planned to progress!

It has helped with eating. I do not want to get up and get food--sometimes a good thing! :)

I am planning to listen to your above offerings, Roger. I love Pet Clark. Keep up the good work!

Thinking of you Val! Continued safe travels! Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I think You caught my aches and pains through the Internet :) My Shoulder stopped hurting a while ago and I was able to walk pain free today even though I did not take any OTC pain killers.

I will I say I know what You mean about getting old, for a while I had to shorten my walking a fair amount even with the OTC Meds and even then by the time I returned home I was in lots of pain.

It is currently raining outside, periods of heavy rain and light rain and then some time with no rain. It rained the other day too, Lucky me, that means no need to go water anything including the hanging baskets. We planted small plants in the baskets we saved from last year and they seem not to need watering every day so far.

It is amazing what You find on YouTube :)

Good Luck with Your ankles!
    Good Luck with the Honeysuckle, it smells so good too.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I managed 10,800+ steps yesterday, Today I am currently at 6223 steps + 1.5 cents, I found a beat up 1/2 of a penny in the street :) I was out the door at the usual time too. It must be very humid as I have been out in this temperature before and I never sweated like I did today. 75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ. Saturday the skies opened up for a while and then a steady soaking rain. nearby towns were in the 2.5" to 3.8" range for rain, other areas were higher or lower :)

No need to go watering the plants for a couple of days either.

I ran across this message thread yesterday:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428180/halo-top-iced-cream
    and went to where You can buy online, They also sell other brands on this site FWIW.
    http://icecreamsource.com/
    I also found through their website http://www.halotop.com/ that it available nearby at the Kings Grocery store.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Oh Jan, I feel for you with the loss of mobility. That really is no fun at all. Take care of your ankles! Not only did your sharing about the TENS help me (seriously helps me!), but I keep buying it as a gift whenever friends hapoen to share their struggles with intermittent or chronic pain. So far, there are three more people feeling relief!!! Thank you.