100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi Roger-I was about to ask about that 1/2 penny...thanks for explaining. Hope your weather improves so you can get your walking in.
  • hope4change_val
    No major driving for me today. Enjoying visiting friends in Indianapolis.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did 7200 steps, well 7178 to be accurate :) + 1cent. I was out the door A little earlier than usual. It is humid and was showing 72 degrees out the door, now I see it is showing 71 degrees. Slight chance of rain later, more north & south of me. Rainfall for Friday through Sunday ranged from just under 2" to 8" in a few areas. There was some flooding with the usual drowned cars due to trying to drive through the water.

My area as usual stayed flood free. Even when parts of town by the Brooks flood up over the road closing all but one way in and out of town this development stays flood free. The rain was not heavy enough to close any of the usual flooding suspects. We usually see severe flooding in this area from bad storms like Sandy,

Have a Nice Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Oh Jan, I feel for you with the loss of mobility. That really is no fun at all. Take care of your ankles! Not only did your sharing about the TENS help me (seriously helps me!), but I keep buying it as a gift whenever friends hapoen to share their struggles with intermittent or chronic pain. So far, there are three more people feeling relief!!! Thank you.

Hi Val
    Wow what a Nice thing to do! Anytime You can help some with pain and not be doing it with Medications........

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!

Val, I am so glad you have helped others with the TENS. I would not even had known of it had I not done rehab for the shoulder. Roger is right, kudos for buying that for others! Hope you are enjoying your stay with friends. You have certainly enjoyed a wide range of different places in such a short time! The time has sure flown by from my standpoint. You are going to have some doggie kisses when you hit home!!

Roger, rolling my eyes in envy over the Halo ice cream. It may be forever before it comes to Alabama. On the plus side, we are having a Whole Foods opening soon. We have one market place that relocated that sells things like that, I will have to check it out again. We also had a whole foods like place that closed. It carried some wonderful things and had a wonderful bar with prepares foods and soups as well as healthy drinks and salads. It slowly got smaller as they seemed to have to cut corners. I think the rents were pretty high there. Some items were very economical, but others were really high placed and a specialty. It was across town for me, but placed in a rather well to do neighborhood. I hated it closed, they had some pretty hard to find items, as well as a great selection of organic and vegetarian choices. The funny thing is, the Whole Foods when it opens, will be just a block from where the last place closed. If I was the owner, I do not know if I would be second guessing the Whole Foods venture. Economics is a strange study. All that in reflecting on Halo's ice cream. At just the beginning of August with 100 degree temps, it is sounding good. Thanks for the links!

Yes, I was contemplating on how one gets a half penny in the states here, lol! I am still wondering how it got chewed in half!

Glad you are in a safe place for rains, Roger! it is nice when you do not have to water! You really got the rainfall! We did get an inch yesterday, so that was good. :)

Take care all! Great constant effort with the walking, Roger! Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

Val, I am so glad you have helped others with the TENS. I would not even had known of it had I not done rehab for the shoulder. Roger is right, kudos for buying that for others! Hope you are enjoying your stay with friends. You have certainly enjoyed a wide range of different places in such a short time! The time has sure flown by from my standpoint. You are going to have some doggie kisses when you hit home!!

Roger, rolling my eyes in envy over the Halo ice cream. It may be forever before it comes to Alabama. On the plus side, we are having a Whole Foods opening soon. We have one market place that relocated that sells things like that, I will have to check it out again. We also had a whole foods like place that closed. It carried some wonderful things and had a wonderful bar with prepares foods and soups as well as healthy drinks and salads. It slowly got smaller as they seemed to have to cut corners. I think the rents were pretty high there. Some items were very economical, but others were really high placed and a specialty. It was across town for me, but placed in a rather well to do neighborhood. I hated it closed, they had some pretty hard to find items, as well as a great selection of organic and vegetarian choices. The funny thing is, the Whole Foods when it opens, will be just a block from where the last place closed. If I was the owner, I do not know if I would be second guessing the Whole Foods venture. Economics is a strange study. All that in reflecting on Halo's ice cream. At just the beginning of August with 100 degree temps, it is sounding good. Thanks for the links!

Yes, I was contemplating on how one gets a half penny in the states here, lol! I am still wondering how it got chewed in half!

Glad you are in a safe place for rains, Roger! it is nice when you do not have to water! You really got the rainfall! We did get an inch yesterday, so that was good. :)

Take care all! Great constant effort with the walking, Roger! Jan :)

Hi Jan
    You could go here, You can buy online, They also sell other brands on this site FWIW.
    http://icecreamsource.com/
    What I would do is out some in my shopping cart and see what the shipping and handling is. I do know You can get frozen over the Internet. I get a big foam container from NS that way and it has always been hard as a rock so far, Knock Wood:)
    Omaha Steaks too so I would think You could get it that way too. Price would be the thing.

FWIW if they carry them by You I liked the Skinny Cow cones and the weight watchers Ice cream items were pretty good too if a little small :)

If You contact Whole Foods Via their website maybe they could tell You when they open if they will be carrying Halo Top Foods.

Maybe Whole Foods has a lower price location or maybe they think their business model will work.

I am still wondering how the Acme near me stays in business, they never seem that busy. Maybe they own the building and thus it makes money anyway.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    qam38sgus65d.jpeg
    Had a fun day at the zoo with the kids. Being around Anna and her kids is literally the most comfortable accepting supportive feeling! Whether we're running errands or cooking or whatever, we have fun. She needed to work today so I took the kids. We've been close for a decade, so the kids are like cousins more than friends.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am sitting here posting while drinking my Protein Shake after doing 7400 Steps walking and Some Grocery Shopping during the walk. I Picked up Three Bananas, Three Gala Apples, and Three Nicely green Bartlett Pears. Later on I shall be going to to a nearby Kings to see if the Halo Top Website is accurate in that they carry their frozen products :) With Any Luck I'll be able to acquire several flavors to try and post a Mini-Review regarding them.
    It was 72 degrees when I went out the door. Yesterday was overcast the entire day, today it is supposed to burn off later. The walk was OK due to no direct Sun and a light breeze.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    qam38sgus65d.jpeg
    Had a fun day at the zoo with the kids. Being around Anna and her kids is literally the most comfortable accepting supportive feeling! Whether we're running errands or cooking or whatever, we have fun. She needed to work today so I took the kids. We've been close for a decade, so the kids are like cousins more than friends.

Hi Val
    It sounds as if You are having a Good time. I see that Your friend has a nice family too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

Thanks for the website, Roger, it was not connecting I could buy from there when I saw it the first time! Duh! I do have my moments. I like the skinny cow cones especially. I tried them since you recommended them. I am still on a grape and watermelon kick, so at least that is healthy.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and got some medicine for gout. It took the swelling down pretty quickly so that is a blessing. I still have to prop the left foot but walking is finally better. They are still tender. What an experience.

Val, it sounds like this leg of the journey is somewhat relaxing with such good friends. That is awesome! Enjoying the pictures!

Take care all! Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

Thanks for the website, Roger, it was not connecting I could buy from there when I saw it the first time! Duh! I do have my moments. I like the skinny cow cones especially. I tried them since you recommended them. I am still on a grape and watermelon kick, so at least that is healthy.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and got some medicine for gout. It took the swelling down pretty quickly so that is a blessing. I still have to prop the left foot but walking is finally better. They are still tender. What an experience.

Val, it sounds like this leg of the journey is somewhat relaxing with such good friends. That is awesome! Enjoying the pictures!

Take care all! Jan :)

Hi Jan
    I have a suspicion their mail order price may be high, List price + S&H, however I did not check it out.

I picked up three flavors to try at the Kings Grocery Store, Chocolate at 240 calories a pint, Strawberry at 280 calories a pint and Lemon Cake at 240 calories a pint. Mini reviews will follow as I try them. Kings is more of a upscale store and their price was $6.59 a pint :( OTOH at kings there is plenty of help all over the store and from Wikipedia
    "The chain operates either in, or in close proximity to, affluent suburban towns, and its stores offer a mix of upscale and traditional grocery items."

The Gout is nothing to fool around with, Diet can help keep it under control, however IME a attack takes forever to subside without medication.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I'm tired, but happy.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    I liked that Humor post of Yours :)

Have a Restful day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Thanks Roger. Yesterday saw a work friend i hadn't seen in six years. It was nice to catch up (but Facebook has helped us know about the big events). Then surprised our host family with a home cooked dinner, which was yummy and much appreciated as the mom had to work late, and the best part of the present was thst she literally had to do nothing. Leaving here today to go to our next friend's house...that's the last town to visit before we head home. Em wants to go to this camp again next year...and already each of our sets of friends/family want us to visit again...which is great, but I'm so tired..."we'll see."
  • hope4change_val
    I'm learning humility in Words With Friends. My friend routinely has more than double my points. I keep playing, but have to console myself with reminders that losing is a part of learning.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I 10.6K steps on Wednesday
    Today I am at 9200 Steps and possibly that was due to the nice weather :) It was 65 degrees out the door and a good humidity level. I did not feel the heat of the sunshine until I was on the last two blocks of my walk. I was about a Mile out, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of my walk when Mr. iPod stated in my ear Low Battery :) I knew it was getting close when I left so I took along a old AM/FM Cassette small portable just in case, It is old and the tape mechanism dies years ago however the radio section still works. I did not need it as the iPod kept on playing. However a little further on the controls stopped letting me pause playback or change the volume and trying to bring up the playlist just made it display low battery. That was before 7AM and it still was playing the playlist at 8:05, good to know too. It is now plugged in and charging.

Another Halo Top Mini Review
    I had planned to try a 60 calorie serving of the Strawberry Ice cream and another 60 calorie serving of the Lemon Cake ice Cream For my evening Dessert. The best made plans and all that. The Lemon Cake was so tasty before I knew 1/2 of the pint carton was gone and it took some will power to put the rest back in the freezer. I pulled it out 10 minutes ahead of time and let i soften up slightly.
    Oh well Tonight is another chance to try the Strawberry. My biggest complaint is that the ice Cream is not creamy, however it was tasty and that is what counts to me.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Thanks Roger. Yesterday saw a work friend i hadn't seen in six years. It was nice to catch up (but Facebook has helped us know about the big events). Then surprised our host family with a home cooked dinner, which was yummy and much appreciated as the mom had to work late, and the best part of the present was thst she literally had to do nothing. Leaving here today to go to our next friend's house...that's the last town to visit before we head home. Em wants to go to this camp again next year...and already each of our sets of friends/family want us to visit again...which is great, but I'm so tired..."we'll see."
    I'm learning humility in Words With Friends. My friend routinely has more than double my points. I keep playing, but have to console myself with reminders that losing is a part of learning.

Hi Val
    I see the journey is still a continuing success :)

I can see why You said We'll See too. That is a lot of traveling.

BTW just from curiosity, Double points in a card game?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Words With Friends is an app that is like scrabble. I thought I'd be decent at it, but, well my friend clearly has a much broader vocabulary than I do. Visited my friend that is now my co-worker; she had surgery a week ago, but is still really loopy with pain meds. So, the visit didn't quite go as expected. Then other friends cancelled at the last minute...on my birthday. But, i sm seriously the most blessed person...my teenager is and continues to be kind, funny, easy-going, and an amazing traveling companion. Tomorrow we do a walk-thru of my rental house and then we start heading for home!!!
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    I did 11.3K steps on Thursday
    Today I am at 9076 Steps and possibly that was due to the nice weather :) It was 65 degrees out the door and a good humidity level. I

While I was walking I made my per-planned stop at the grocery store and picked up three Bananas, Three Apples and Two Navel Oranges as I had a few Tangerines left in the Refrigerator. I also picked up some Extra Creamy Redi-Whip to use with the NS Golden Pound Cake, Chocolate Cake, Fudge Brownie and Carrot Cake. I plan to use it as a Limited Extra, each serving is 15 calories :)

Another Halo Top Mini Review
    I had planned to try a 140 calorie serving of the Strawberry Ice cream 1/2 pint. The Strawberry was tasty and before I knew it the 1/2 of the pint carton was gone. I pulled it out 15 minutes ahead of time and to let it soften up.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Words With Friends is an app that is like scrabble. I thought I'd be decent at it, but, well my friend clearly has a much broader vocabulary than I do. Visited my friend that is now my co-worker; she had surgery a week ago, but is still really loopy with pain meds. So, the visit didn't quite go as expected. Then other friends cancelled at the last minute...on my birthday. But, i sm seriously the most blessed person...my teenager is and continues to be kind, funny, easy-going, and an amazing traveling companion. Tomorrow we do a walk-thru of my rental house and then we start heading for home!!!

Hi Val
    I feel stupid that I did not twig to the fact that Words With Friends was the game You were playing. The pain meds did not seem to impaired Your friends ability to play a game :)

It never hurts to check up on rental properties just in case. You are braver than I renting out a property. I would be afraid of a bad tenant .

A Belated Happy Birthday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi all!

Happy Belated Birthday from me, too Val! Glad you are still enjoying the trip on your last stops! You have had a very packed vacation! I am pretty impressed with all you accomplished! You are a Mighty Mom and Person, I feel I must get more accomplished than just watering my plants! LOL! I hope you have a day to recuperate when you get home!! :)

My yard guys came and cut yesterday and ran over a large copperhead. He still managed to get away so the snake story down here continues. Next year I will be a little faster with my cutting and brush burning, though this year is just snake year according to everyone down here! I got up special last night at dusk because May would not stop barking. It turned out to be a sweet rabbit happily munching on the newly mowed grass, safely outside the fence area. So you never know!

Laughing about the Halo reviews Roger! Sounds like I may need to schedule that as a meal with protein from how yummy it sounds! I have had some chocolate low fat and not too bad sugar wise frozen yogurt this week and I have to be careful of the portion. It is still a better deal than regular ice cream, and I was just craving some. It sounds like you have really done well with your walking. I am finally getting my steps up a little more towards normal as my feet and ankles are getting a little better. Thank goodness!

I did not know that game, Val, was an app, so I am pleased there was an explanation! Guess I am still behind the times, at times!

I am excited that I finally replaced my toilet seat in the back bathroom. It has taken me about a month as I have just not been in the mood to fuss with it, after buying the parts. It is a whisper close seat, closes by itself. It seemed like I was standing on my head forever to just unscrew everything and in a compact place trying to take off the old one! Hence, it took forever to want to do it again to replace it. The snap feature is a little tricky as the whole seat can come off for cleaning. I almost do not think that it was worth that to do, but I feel quite accomplished now that it is done! It is kind of fun to watch it gently close by itself, lol!

Yeah, too much time on my hands! Take care all! I sure love reading the posts! :)

• hope4change_val
    If all goes well, we should be home tomorrow evening! The house is pretty much the same as last visit. (I hate being a landlord! But the market in that tiny town is dead, do better to have someone in it.) today's drive was challenging.. Three hours stopped on a freeway! Then right after that a major thunderstorm Em and I kept looking for Toto to blow by! Our cell phones were all sounding the tornado alert. Stopped for the night. Meant to get further, but those events took a lot out of me. Congrats on the toulet seat accomplishment! Roger- i love fresh fruit but I don't like fruit ice cream. It's helpful to hear your product reviews! Sorry im so brief...but need to rest!