100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning a change to the cooler from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 8,800 steps + 1 Cent found less than 1 block from home as I was returning from the walking ::

I looked at my email and I see a tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning.
    I am going with Shelf Stable from the weight. It also shows FEDEX SMARTPOST MARTINSBURG, WV so I am not sure what I was looking at Yesterday.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    Sorry to hear that You have to go back. I had to retrace my steps today which was OK as it did lead to me finding the penny :) On the outward leg for coffee I dropped something and sure enough on the return there it was laying there waiting for me to recover it.

I do not recall stress getting to me for appetite leading to eating, in my case it is more likely to lead to me not eating enough, Different people different results.

FWIW the 6PM weather forecast last night showed no impact likely for NJ as they showed Matthew heading north from Florida and then turning to the east and south after impacting the coast north of Florida and well before we would feel any effects from it. Here's hoping they are correct.

Good Luck with Chester
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!

I have not checked the news yet so I have not yet heard Matthews progress for the south. I do need to call my step mother to see if she has got her essentials. She does tend to ignore that sort of thing, thereby giving her a chance to bemoan her fate, lol!

Back to Lowes today, with any luck. My estimate was good from the painters, and I think I can add another small room to paint if they are able. Yay!!

Poor Chester has several abscesses in his mouth from his teeth. (my fault, I never brushed them..).He is on some pain killers and antibiotics and goes back in 2 weeks or so. He may have surgery on that day to remove them, or if after exam, he may come home. :/ He is feeling better though. :)

Glad your tracking is on track, lol! I seriously need to get out for fruit so I am not rummaging at nite! NS has too many calories to rummage extra, and I don't need junk!

If I could cultivate not eating when I was stressed- I would be svelte!!

Have a good Friday! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning a change to the cooler from yesterdaystemperature. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 8,831 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11K steps.

I looked at my email and I see a tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning, that is the good and since it shows tracking for two deliveries That would seem to be the Shelf Stable and Frozen shipping on different dates.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hello!

I have not checked the news yet so I have not yet heard Matthews progress for the south. I do need to call my step mother to see if she has got her essentials. She does tend to ignore that sort of thing, thereby giving her a chance to bemoan her fate, lol!

Back to Lowes today, with any luck. My estimate was good from the painters, and I think I can add another small room to paint if they are able. Yay!!

Poor Chester has several abscesses in his mouth from his teeth. (my fault, I never brushed them..).He is on some pain killers and antibiotics and goes back in 2 weeks or so. He may have surgery on that day to remove them, or if after exam, he may come home. :/ He is feeling better though. :)

Glad your tracking is on track, lol! I seriously need to get out for fruit so I am not rummaging at nite! NS has too many calories to rummage extra, and I don't need junk!

If I could cultivate not eating when I was stressed- I would be svelte!!

Have a good Friday! Jan B)

Hello Jan
    from what I see Matthew has hit Florida fairly hard, Hopefully Your Step Mother is safe and stocked up, If She has not gotten essentials by now the shelves are most likely empty.

Painting, My least favorite thing to do. The Person that did the back bedroom moved everything out and back.

I am sorry to hear about Chester.

FWIW Fruit has calories too :)

Good Luck avoiding the Surgery
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited October 2016
    Hello!

Great job on your steps! I am getting around 4,000. Better than before!

Yes, if Matthew loops back at Florida, that will not be good. My step mother did not go to the store though she was out. She does have some tissue essentials if you get my drift, and a few crackers and cheese. She is not big on prep work, though she does know where a few candles are. lol! She is counting on no loss of power, or little, which might happen.

I finally got my screen ordered. I had to change the stock no. due to age. Hopefully it will fit. Ordering took forever, but they were very nice. Of course they probably changed the size slightly, too. Hope not too much. Then I got to the front to pay, and my phone no. is linked to another account. They were able to change my address, but not the name. I felt that kind of made things worse! They had to cancel the order, refund and order again. Finally they got a manager and after a half hour or so, got everything changed correctly. What a mess! Hopefully I will have a screen in two weeks! I still have to go back for a window, believe it or not...

Chester is feeling much better. I hope no surgery either. My rooms will get painted in about 2 1/2 weeks, or possibly way sooner. The person before me is having some cardio issues, which may delay his and bump me up. I will find out in a few days, but either way if fine.

It's a never ending zoo! :) Jan- B) no rain on forecast for several weeks, unless Matthew does some weird tracts and gives us something. It is wonderfully breezy and cool, and that is from Matthew!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi Jan and Roger. My little foster dog gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks! He's still super skinny but no longer a skeleton. He left yesterday on his journey to Virginia Beach. After dropping him off, I cried all the way home. I have the legal max of four dogs...so I couldn't keep him. But he is a real sweetheart. When i took him to get his health certificate, I went to a vet that takes care of many rescues...he was do nice to both Buddy and me. I will need to change vets because of that bad visit...and even more because I detailed that visit on their follow up survry, and nothing. So, there that is. Take care Val
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning no change from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking and I walked 9,455 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11.5K steps.

Yesterday I received my Frozen Delivery and according to the tracking number I should receive the Shelf stable portion of my order today via the USPS. It seems that FedEx has handed it off to the Post Office. I suspect that is due to it being under 8 pounds as that is a first for my regular NS food Deliveries. I say regular food as I have had Missing items come that way in the past.

FWIW I also updated my Weight in the tracking here as it has been down for several days a little lower than what I reported. I prefer to see a several day weight before posting it.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

Great job on your steps! I am getting around 4,000. Better than before!

Yes, if Matthew loops back at Florida, that will not be good. My step mother did not go to the store though she was out. She does have some tissue essentials if you get my drift, and a few crackers and cheese. She is not big on prep work, though she does know where a few candles are. lol! She is counting on no loss of power, or little, which might happen.

I finally got my screen ordered. I had to change the stock no. due to age. Hopefully it will fit. Ordering took forever, but they were very nice. Of course they probably changed the size slightly, too. Hope not too much. Then I got to the front to pay, and my phone no. is linked to another account. They were able to change my address, but not the name. I felt that kind of made things worse! They had to cancel the order, refund and order again. Finally they got a manager and after a half hour or so, got everything changed correctly. What a mess! Hopefully I will have a screen in two weeks! I still have to go back for a window, believe it or not...

Chester is feeling much better. I hope no surgery either. My rooms will get painted in about 2 1/2 weeks, or possibly way sooner. The person before me is having some cardio issues, which may delay his and bump me up. I will find out in a few days, but either way if fine.

It's a never ending zoo! :) Jan- B) no rain on forecast for several weeks, unless Matthew does some weird tracts and gives us something. It is wonderfully breezy and cool, and that is from Matthew!

Hi Jan
    Matthew is predicted to take a very unusual track :) Hopefully Your Step Mother comes out OK. For paper Goods I usually buy another case at CostCo when the shelf is about 1/2 empty. That would be the Kleenex, Charmin as they are good quality and so far they have not shrunk the width of the cases I am buying their. For the Paper Towels I just buy a name brand as every time I have tried the low cost brands they did not last nearly as well.

What a ordeal just to buy a screen. I wonder how Your phone number got linked like that.

Bummer about the rain.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan and Roger. My little foster dog gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks! He's still super skinny but no longer a skeleton. He left yesterday on his journey to Virginia Beach. After dropping him off, I cried all the way home. I have the legal max of four dogs...so I couldn't keep him. But he is a real sweetheart. When i took him to get his health certificate, I went to a vet that takes care of many rescues...he was do nice to both Buddy and me. I will need to change vets because of that bad visit...and even more because I detailed that visit on their follow up survey, and nothing. So, there that is. Take care Val

Hi Val
    Good Job feeding up the rescue dog. A legal limit of four dogs ? Is that for long term as You must have been over that limit while You had the rescue dog.

That sounds like a good decision to change vets, Life is to short to patronize someplace that hurts Your feelings and fails to follow up on a survey too.

I am sorry that You feel badly about dropping off the dog, However You did a great job and I am sure the Foster Dog is off to a better life than previously. So feel good about that.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi Val!

It was sure good to hear from you! I am happy you found a more accommodating vet! At the prices you pay, you should be happy. I also want a vet with a lot of empathy and genuine love for animals. Not all stay that way. I am a failed foster, but luckily we are holding at 2 dogs here. It is hard sometimes! You did a wonderful job, and I am sure Buddy will find a good home! Hope it is not too hectic there, though I think you maybe working pretty hard! :)

Hi Rodger!

Congratulations on your pound loss! Your walking is sure creeping up there, step-wise. That is awesome! I am glad your shipments seem to be coming with no problems. It is downright real breezy here. It is wonderful and it makes me feel twice as bad for everyone in harms way from Matthew. It has given us some fabulous weather. Hopefully if Matthew loops he will only be a tropical storm and will break up quickly for Fla. and the coast. Still wishing we could get some of that rain.

I found some prune plums from Oregon and bought a bag. They are very similar to Damson plums and taste very close to what my Grandpa used to grow. His fruit was a little more amber and a little sweeter, but they are so close! It was a good buy and fond memories!

Take care all! Be safe and be wise in your choices, lol! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val!

It was sure good to hear from you! I am happy you found a more accommodating vet! At the prices you pay, you should be happy. I also want a vet with a lot of empathy and genuine love for animals. Not all stay that way. I am a failed foster, but luckily we are holding at 2 dogs here. It is hard sometimes! You did a wonderful job, and I am sure Buddy will find a good home! Hope it is not too hectic there, though I think you maybe working pretty hard! :)

Hi Rodger!

Congratulations on your pound loss! Your walking is sure creeping up there, step-wise. That is awesome! I am glad your shipments seem to be coming with no problems. It is downright real breezy here. It is wonderful and it makes me feel twice as bad for everyone in harms way from Matthew. It has given us some fabulous weather. Hopefully if Matthew loops he will only be a tropical storm and will break up quickly for Fla. and the coast. Still wishing we could get some of that rain.

I found some prune plums from Oregon and bought a bag. They are very similar to Damson plums and taste very close to what my Grandpa used to grow. His fruit was a little more amber and a little sweeter, but they are so close! It was a good buy and fond memories!

Take care all! Be safe and be wise in your choices, lol! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I would not exactly say with no problems, so far no damage, OTOH I would more or less say that Taking a week to get shipped and delivered from the next state over is making me wonder what is going on....
    Especially when it arrives the day after being shipped.

Then every order has One or more item that can not be increased in quantity due to low supply in the warehouse :)

I find that the Plums I like are usually the Dark Plums and that as with Nectarines and Apples I like them Firm.

Enjoy Your Plums
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 64 Degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking despite the light rain. I have walked 7,707 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11K steps.

I expect to have a decent step count today as my brother & I are going to a Historical event later on today. The details are:
    Weekend Journey at the Van Horne House 2016
    FREE*****October 8 from 10-5pm and October 9th from 12-5pm*****FREE

Each year The Heritage Trail Association (HTA) along with the Middlebrook Theatrical Society (MTS) fills the house with an event that took place in the house during the revolutionary war.

This year we are celebrating the wedding of Mary Van Horne to Colonel Stephen Moylan of the Moylan Dragoons. Col. Moylan also served as Aide-de-Camp to General Washington, (who may visit over the weekend).

Guided tours with groups of 8 or 10 and lasting 1 hour and 15 minutes will have you participating in the following activities:
    Learn about relationships and wooing in the 18th century
    Dance the popular dance, ‘Come Haste to the Wedding’ with live music –we will teach you! THE place to practice your wooing skills just learned!
    Learn about wedding rites and rituals from our magistrate, John Jacob Faisch
    The Reception of course, with punch from an 18th century recipe, cookies and be prepared to ‘Toast the happy couple’ (this house is not known as Convivial Hill for nothing!)

Horse races to celebrate the happy couple will occur with prizes to the winners As always, we have lots to do and treats for the kids. Come dressed in period clothes, or modern day duds, but DO NOT miss this party, one of a great many thrown by Phillip Van Horne and his wife, Elizabeth as they celebrate the marriage of their eldest daughter to an Irish officer of the Revolution.
    And yes, this actually did occur in this house September 12th, 1778!

Yesterday I received the Shelf stable AKA Ready to Go portion of my order via USPS. FedEx handed it off to the Post Office. I suspect that is due to it being under 8 pounds as that is a first for my regular NS food Deliveries. I say regular food as I have had Missing items come that way in the past.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 50 Degrees this morning a change for the colder from yesterdays temperature. It was Somewhat comfortable walking except when the gentle breeze blew. I walked 7958 steps today. I may end up turning on the heat in the near future as the house is starting to run cold. The Living Room was at 64 degrees when I returned from my walk.

As expected I had a decent step count Sunday due to my brother & I going to a Historical event. I reached over my minimum goal of 10K steps for the day :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

The Van Horne event sounded interesting. Did you learn to do the dances? I thought the horse races sounded interesting too!

It is really cool and pleasant here! We were down to about 57 at night and mid to lower 80's during the day.My house was down to 75, so much better, though still a little stuffy during the day, as the air does not come on much. I open up a little in the morning and it feels great. I have a fan going, and as long as you are not doing too much it is comfortable. It feels much better out than in, unless it is mid-day in the sun!

Your shipments did sound a little convoluted. At least Matthew did not reach you during a shipment! :) Always a little to be thankful for!

I had my pancakes yesterday for breakfast. I think it is a fall thing! I am making some chicken and rice for supper so I need to count that first as it is a little off menu. I think it is a fall thing too. It is the national dish of Puerto Rico, and I just have a taste for it. It is chicken and corn in a tomato base, with Adobo spice and a few packets of another spice. Just before it is done you throw in some rice to the consistency you want, either stew like or soup like. I will go with soup like as it is less calories from the rice.

Have a great day! Jan B)

• RogerToo
    Hi!

The Van Horne event sounded interesting. Did you learn to do the dances? I thought the horse races sounded interesting too!

It is really cool and pleasant here! We were down to about 57 at night and mid to lower 80's during the day.My house was down to 75, so much better, though still a little stuffy during the day, as the air does not come on much. I open up a little in the morning and it feels great. I have a fan going, and as long as you are not doing too much it is comfortable. It feels much better out than in, unless it is mid-day in the sun!

Your shipments did sound a little convoluted. At least Matthew did not reach you during a shipment! :) Always a little to be thankful for!

I had my pancakes yesterday for breakfast. I think it is a fall thing! I am making some chicken and rice for supper so I need to count that first as it is a little off menu. I think it is a fall thing too. It is the national dish of Puerto Rico, and I just have a taste for it. It is chicken and corn in a tomato base, with Adobo spice and a few packets of another spice. Just before it is done you throw in some rice to the consistency you want, either stew like or soup like. I will go with soup like as it is less calories from the rice.

Have a great day! Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    They talked us through a dance, However if that was entertainment it was not my cup of tea.

The Horse races were held indoors due to weather with Broom handle style horses and Kids as the Jockeys. they would have been similar if held outdoors as there is not enough room for real horses.

A real horse was ridden through the house up to the second floor and back down a different set of stairs by American General Benjamin Lincoln when he was under the influence according to part of the talk yesterday.

TBH I would prefer Your weather to what we are having here.

I think if I were doing The chicken and rice supper I would be using instant rice as I tend to take the easy route when cooking, hence my like of the NS entrees or the Frozen Entrees You just Microwave from the Supermarket :)

Stay Cool and comfortable
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 43 Degrees this morning a change for the colder from yesterdays temperature. It was So-So for comfort walking, I tried out the Electric Hand warmer today. It worked OK, It would have done a better job if I had used mittens so it could nestle down by the fingers rather than the gloves I wore. I walked 8,065 steps today. I ended up turning on the heat as the house is cold this morning, the Living Room is at 60 degrees :(

Later today We will be going out back and bagging up plant materials from the parts of the garden that have gone by earlier and pulling some more that have reached the end of the line. What is left that is still growing are the Eggplants although what is on them is likely to be all there is. The Beets and Sweet potatoes which are most likely done growing too as the leaves are starting to turn. The Tomatoes seem to be finished too.

I had a decent step count Monday reaching my minimum goal of 10K+ steps for the day :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited October 2016
    Hi!

It is chilly up there. I guess your garden will be coming to an end! We have been 1 month without rain. A record of 56 days or somewhere around there was set in 1904. Hopefully it will rain sooner!

Glad your warmer worked! Good to try it before it get's frigid out!

My painters came today. I had about 6 hours to clean the nite before. otherwise I would be waiting 2 1/2 weeks. So I took it. I got enough cleaned and moved A LOT of little stuff. I got about 3.5 hrs sleep. I woke at 5 am and got up as I was anxious to get as much as I could done. It is looking great! They did the heavy stuff I am pooped though. And have one last room to do. The dogs and I were outside all day. It was beautiful and we enjoyed it. They are both zonked after eating supper and are flat layed out!

Good for the diet however!

Take care! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 49 Degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking and due to unforseen circumstances I walked 4435 steps today. Yesterday I ended up with 10.5K steps.
    I did get my shopping done at the Grocery Store, 4 Bananas, 4 Honey Crisp Apples, 3 Mineola Oranges and 2 D'Anjou Pears and a 10% discount :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

It is chilly up there. I guess your garden will be coming to an end! We have been 1 month without rain. A record of 56 days or somewhere around there was set in 1904. Hopefully it will rain sooner!

Glad your warmer worked! Good to try it before it get's frigid out!

My painters came today. I had about 6 hours to clean the nite before. otherwise I would be waiting 2 1/2 weeks. So I took it. I got enough cleaned and moved A LOT of little stuff. I got about 3.5 hrs sleep. I woke at 5 am and got up as I was anxious to get as much as I could done. It is looking great! They did the heavy stuff I am pooped though. And have one last room to do. The dogs and I were outside all day. It was beautiful and we enjoyed it. They are both zonked after eating supper and are flat layed out!

Good for the diet however!

Take care! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Much of the Garden is done for, What is left is one of the Eggplants, Sweet Potatoes and a Tomato plant in a raised bed that has a wrap around it. The Sun-chokes are just waiting to be frosted before they are harvested as they are supposed to be tastier afterwards.

It should be a little warmer tomorrow morning due to a cloud cover moving in and that should help retain the days heat better than a clear sky does.

Hopefully You will get some rain in the near future.

How nice that You got the painting done. all that moving things out of the way and later moving things back should give You plenty of exercise :)

You must be having better weather than I, I ended up turning on the heat yesterday due to the house feeling cold.

Have a Good Day
    Roger