100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Morning!

I am off and running this morning! Well, maybe not running! LOL! I have some things to do today that sadly will take me away from home again. It maybe Monday before I get a break.

Yep, I never thought the country would change so much. I feel that I should vote in primaries, as our choices are not at all what I would like. But I just do not feel I can register in a party as I have always voted for whom I feel is the best candidate, not by party. Not sure how I can correct that under the present system. I think it needs to be revamped. And campaigning should be done with debates and websites, with absolutely no conventions and vast amounts money spent. That has a snowball's chance....

I broke down and stopped watering my flowers, which are actually still hanging on. I am going to pretend it is normal Nov. weather and put up what I am saving and giving myself a rest from the yard. It may be spring before winter hits otherwise, and I will be watering still!

Such a crazy year, with more to come, lol! Keep up the good work! Jan

P.S. It appears God is the best candidate, as we will need him to survive either one! :|
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Jan
    I thought that was a interesting sign when I saw it.

I have never declared myself for any party... I prefer not to get on their mailing lists any more than I already am.
    FWIW Registering for any political party does not mean You have to vote them except in a Primary :)
    Here in NJ by the time we could vote in the primaries it has already been decided.

One revamping of the primaries I would like to see is every primary being on the same day !

Good Luck with the Weather
    Roger
  • RogerToo

11/04/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 43 degrees this morning quite a bit cooler than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8.3k steps + 1 cent.

Don't forget to set Your clocks back tonight :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Thanks for the reminder on the clocks! It is always interesting to see who shows up to church too early! I wish they would split the difference and stop changing the time, lol!

I did get to Lowes and got my money back for my screen insert. Rather than go thru more hassle I ordered a screen replacement kit for 1/5th the cost from my friend, Amazon. How hard can it be with instructions included. :# I also know more about splines than I ever wanted to!

It feels quite cool in the mornings here too. I am on borrowed time getting this yard winterized! I need several days home in a row! I have to shop some today. I am out of fruit, and apples sound great.

Keep up the good work! Enjoy the week-end! :) Jan

• RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,469 steps + 1 cent. I have spent a few minutes changing the time on all the clocks.

While walking I passed by items set out ahead of the Bulk pickup. I passed a Defunct Leaf Blower and Weed Whacker and in other locations a dead Vacuum Cleaner and a Entertainment center that is most likely to narrow for today's Widescreen TV sets.

Did everybody remember to set Your clocks back at 2AM :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

1GU9Hf.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Thanks for the reminder on the clocks! It is always interesting to see who shows up to church too early! I wish they would split the difference and stop changing the time, lol!

I did get to Lowes and got my money back for my screen insert. Rather than go thru more hassle I ordered a screen replacement kit for 1/5th the cost from my friend, Amazon. How hard can it be with instructions included. :# I also know more about splines than I ever wanted to!

It feels quite cool in the mornings here too. I am on borrowed time getting this yard winterized! I need several days home in a row! I have to shop some today. I am out of fruit, and apples sound great.

Keep up the good work! Enjoy the week-end! :) Jan
    Hi Jan
    I suspect that the shows up early are the same ones that show up late in the spring when the clocks change to daylight saving time :)
    I also did a manual sync on he FitBit Zip to get the clock in it set properly as that is what I use when walking.

Good going getting them to refund on their mistake. How hard can it be? I do not know. I suspect that the hard part is getting it tight in the frame.

Today it was nice walking, It was different getting out in the predawn light as I was out the door about 15 to 20 minutes before sunrise. No more looking up and seeing the stars for a while I suspect with the time change.

I have been having trouble getting apples that are not mealy in texture, I'm not sure why, the new crop should be out by now.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

I bought my apples, we will see how they are. We typically do not get good apples here! The time change is weird! I forgot how much I enjoyed having a long evening though! I needed that extra hour, I was behind, so I made good use of that time, and still got to bed at a decent hour. Maybe I just need a 25 hour day! :#

My fit bit fell back an hour on it's own. I was ecstatic, because I really did not remember how to program it!

It was nice today, in the lower 70's and chilly in the nite. Finally a fall feeling! Hopefully I can work in the yard.

I walked 5,123 steps and my fitbit scared me to death going off and celebrating. I forgot I was that close and was outside in the dark getting my mail! The jump I did should count for stairs!

Your walks with the time change should be really nice, I like the quiet at that time. Here at least!

Have a good Monday!! One day till.... :/ Jan

• RogerToo

11/06/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees this morning colder than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,094 steps + 3 cents. I missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement, those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

According to UMass Lowell’s survey report
    https://www.uml.edu/News/press-releases/2016/odyssey-poll-10182016.aspx
    Nearly a quarter of Americans ages 18 to 35 would rather see a giant meteor strike the Earth than see either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in the White House, according to the new UMass Lowell/Odyssey Millennials poll released today.

The poll asked millennials to choose their preference between Clinton as president, Trump as president, a random lottery to choose the president from all U.S. citizens, Barack Obama appointing himself to a life term as president or a giant meteor striking Earth and extinguishing all human life. Over a Clinton or Trump presidency, 39 percent of those surveyed said they preferred Obama serve a life term; 26 percent prefer a random lottery to choose the next president and 23 percent (nearly 1 in 4) prefer a giant meteor strike.

Remember that tomorrow is election day.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

I bought my apples, we will see how they are. We typically do not get good apples here! The time change is weird! I forgot how much I enjoyed having a long evening though! I needed that extra hour, I was behind, so I made good use of that time, and still got to bed at a decent hour. Maybe I just need a 25 hour day! :#

My fit bit fell back an hour on it's own. I was ecstatic, because I really did not remember how to program it!

It was nice today, in the lower 70's and chilly in the nite. Finally a fall feeling! Hopefully I can work in the yard.

I walked 5,123 steps and my fitbit scared me to death going off and celebrating. I forgot I was that close and was outside in the dark getting my mail! The jump I did should count for stairs!

Your walks with the time change should be really nice, I like the quiet at that time. Here at least!

Have a good Monday!! One day till.... :/ Jan
    Hi Jan
    Hopefully Your Apples are good, I love a nice crisp apple, mealy ones = Yuck.

I only have a cheapo FitBit Zip and I had to Manually Sync it to have it adjust its clock to the time change.

I can tell You have a nicer one, Alarms and all those bells and whistles :) I bought this one since I was not sure if I would get much use out of one a small mistrust of rechargeable batteries.

I was out earlier today than usual, Due to the time change I woke up earlier than usual according to the clock and could not fall back to sleep so I gave up and got going.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

You are having downright chilly weather up there!

The dogs got me up a little early, not quite an hour early. I should say May May did, as Chester was still snuggled up in the covers, having slept on the bed the entire night. Usually he does not do that, but gets down half way thru the night as he likes sleeping on the floor, and always did.

I was distracted by a Calvin and Hobbes link on the home page, and was reading cartoons and watching animations. I did not realize MFP had that link. I love Calvin and Hobbs cartoons! That and a cup of coffee is a good way to wake up!

It is just so nice to be at home, I will not even mind all the catch up work I need to do! :#

I really wanted the sleep monitor on the fitbit, the only reason I bought that model, which was not the highest priced. They have some that do all but walk for you, lol! But I really miss wearing my watch, and it would be silly to wear both.

Have an interesting election day! Jan "no rain for 51 days and counting..."
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees this morning the same as yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 9,161 steps and no cents. I missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement Again ") , those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

I went by the polling location on my morning walk on the way to get my coffee and voted this election day. They seemed busy too.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

You are having downright chilly weather up there!

The dogs got me up a little early, not quite an hour early. I should say May May did, as Chester was still snuggled up in the covers, having slept on the bed the entire night. Usually he does not do that, but gets down half way thru the night as he likes sleeping on the floor, and always did.

I was distracted by a Calvin and Hobbes link on the home page, and was reading cartoons and watching animations. I did not realize MFP had that link. I love Calvin and Hobbs cartoons! That and a cup of coffee is a good way to wake up!

It is just so nice to be at home, I will not even mind all the catch up work I need to do! :#

I really wanted the sleep monitor on the fitbit, the only reason I bought that model, which was not the highest priced. They have some that do all but walk for you, lol! But I really miss wearing my watch, and it would be silly to wear both.

Have an interesting election day! Jan "no rain for 51 days and counting..."

Hi Jan
    Today despite starting out cold is predicted to be in the high 60s, Yea!

I did not see a Calvin & Hobbes Link there, Could You post it for me?

I did see that the better models have a sleep monitor, Is it doing what You wanted it to do? If I said I never really got into wearing a watch... I did have a Battery powered pocket watch in a protective leather case. Every time I tried a watch I ended up breaking the crystal or the wristband in a short length of time.

I know why the dogs got You up early, They are still running on Daylight Saving Time, That means Your hour early is not early to them :)

Have a Nice Election Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

Well, bummer! I do not see that link (Calvin and Hobbs) anymore either, and I did not bookmark it! I put it in a MFP search but came up with nothing. They were from 2015 and I only read 3 pages, I think there were around 30 pages, but I do have swiss cheese memory. I will keep looking. Maybe I had clicked on something that took me down the rabbit hole. I did think it was on yesterday's home page though. :'(

I plan to vote a little after the lunch rush, though we have a super small polling station. It is so nice, tucked in a very little building with few people and hardly a line. Hope that keeps up.

My apples were not as crisp as they could be, but pretty good for down here. They were Northern Macintosh and had a good taste.

The sleep apnea does what I want and I like the weekly and monthly readouts, especially for patterns. I have to watch as I have a habit of going to bed a little later than I need to, but it is kind of insidious how that happens. It points it out!

Best with no cable? I do not hearing election returns all day! Just peace and quiet!

Have a good Weds. Jan It is cloudy, yeah! Hey, It's a change! :#

• RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    Oh well, I'll live without the link. Maybe a Bing.com image search?
    OK, this search found some comic strips and lots of images
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=calvin+and+hobbes&FORM=HDRSC2

Sorry to hear that the Apples were not super crisp but overall edible.

You are lucky, according to the Noon News on WNBC channel 4 in New York City, many locations had up to 2 hours of people waiting to vote as well as some location with hardware problems

Interesting that the FitBit helps that much with Your sleep.

Good Luck Voting
    I took no chances and voted around 6:15AM, the polls opened at 6AM :0
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,954 steps +26 cents. I have still missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement, those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

I did stop for some Fruit today on my walk, Bananas were 29 cents a pound and the Gala & Fuji Apples were $1.29 a pound FWIW. I had a couple of stray rain drops land on me, So far the forecast rain has not arrived however.

I took along my New Yeti 30 ounce insulated cup for my Coffee refill. Best Cup yet for holding the heat. heavy however as it is All Stainless steel except for the lid thst is sealed with a Heavy O-Ring and nice and think too.
    http://yeti.com/rambler-30/?gclid=COvX48rim9ACFUhYDQodocYFCQ
    Days on the dock are made better with the Rambler™ 30 oz. Tumbler. It’ll keep your dinnertime drink cool well past sundown or your coffee nice and hot throughout the morning. The Rambler 30 oz. Tumbler is made of 18/8 kitchen-grade stainless steel, has double-wall vacuum insulation, and No Sweat™ Design. Which means that you’ve got one heavy-duty, over-engineered stainless steel tumbler on your hands with the Rambler. It’s dishwasher safe, BPA-free, and ready for just about anything.
    List price is $39.99, It was bought at the Efinger Sporting Goods closing and liquidation sale at a decent discount.

NY Times Presidential Election Results
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president
    Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins
    Nov. 9, 2016, 8:04 AM ET
    Hillary Clinton 218
    Donald J. Trump 279

Hopefully this is the end of all the pre election drama :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

P.S. I will say that after using The Yeti for one day, Today, I went on Amazon and ordered a handle for it that should be here Friday. The cup weighs just over 1 pound empty.
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

It is amazingly quiet here. I went to church and no one even brought up the election. It was kind of strange! It was 66 degrees and felt so cool! When I let the dogs out at 9pm it was 60 but very windy, and I like to have froze. Honestly it felt like it was in the 40's! I guess when you have so many high 90's days you just get used to it. I am so thankful it is cool though. I am not using the air or heat. That is joyous news for the power bill, which really is not too bad anyway.

The Bing link for Calvin and Hobbs is cute! I am so irritated I can't find that previous forum. I hate things like that when I know it is there.....somewhere.....! But how to get back there! That is going to drive me crazy for awhile!

That is a great tumbler! 30 oz. is awfully big! Do you fill it with coffee all the way? Ha ha, maybe not when you are walking. :# Seriously, that is heavy on it's own. I have a stainless steel mug that holds about 20 oz, and it stays very hot for a long time. The top is a plastic top, but very well insulated. Of course it is from Amazon.

Were you surprised by the election results? I was surprised when Trump took Florida, and by gaining as many of the battleground states that he did. Numbers wise it was an interesting election to see play out. Should be an interesting 4 years.

Now on to the just plain old political drama! LOL!

Finally, I was under my calories for the day. By supper I actually still had 500 left. I was working in the yard and did not eat till later. yeah!

Have a good Thursday! Still cloudy, Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    You are lucky that it is quiet, it seems that some areas people are protesting the Trump win.
    I was surprised, not super surprised as I had a suspicion that the pollsters were asking questions that lead to answers that showed what sort of results they wanted.
    From here however.
    http://nypost.com/2016/11/08/this-insanely-accurate-model-is-still-predicting-a-trump-victory/#
    America votes 2016
    This insanely accurate model is still predicting a Trump victory
    By Danika Fears November 8, 2016 | 12:20am
    It’s not just the presidency that’s at stake in the election — but also bragging rights for two prognosticators that are almost always right.

This year, one of them is absolutely certain Donald Trump will be living in the White House, while the other is just as sure that Hillary Clinton can’t lose.

Moody’s Analytics, which has picked the next president every year since 1980, says Clinton will make history as the first female chief executive, trouncing Trump with 332 electoral votes.

That runs in sharp contrast to a model created by Helmut Norpoth, a political science professor at Stony Brook University, that’s predicting Trump will be running the country.

Norpoth is sticking by the results of his model — which has correctly predicted the winner of every presidential election since 1912, with the exception of 2000 — despite most polls showing Clinton ahead by at least 3 percentage points.

“If [Clinton] was leading by 10 or 20 points, I would say this is not going to be my year, but I don’t see it,” he told The Post. “It’s so close. It’s certainly do-able [for him], even when you look at the polls.”

Lee Miringoff, director of Marist College’s Institute for Public Opinion, said Norpoth will “certainly have bragging rights if he’s right,” since just about everyone else is calling the race for Clinton.

The Moody’s Analytics model is based on political and economic factors, including gasoline and housing prices and personal incomes.
    I decided ahead of time I would not let it ruin my sleep and went to bed at my regular time without even looking at the news. That worked and I slept fine :) Last night I talked to my Sister and She did the same thing out where she lives and did not let it bother her.

Oh yeh, let me answer Your question. I was sort of surprised since the surporters on both sides were a tad passionate.

Calvin & Hobbes post, is this the one?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10041510/calvin-and-hobbes

I do fill it, Since I am in control of the refills I can use a mixture of regular and decaf coffee in it. I just count it towards my daily fluid intake :)

I saw that You were under this morning when I went to my home page here :)

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    P.S. have you been looking at the humorous pictures I post in the humor thread. If You would prefer I could post them here for You too.
  • Buttons61
    edited November 2016
    Wow!

You found it!!!!! How did you do it? If I ever get settled I am going to start my technical learning! That was the link all right! I am really glad you found it!

Yes, I saw some of the disturbances. They were .......disturbing.

I enjoyed the posts however of the celebrities being reminded they were moving out, and some of the posts about Canada guarding their borders from the liberals. I guess I just have a "bad" streak in me! :#

I have yours too! (I will just really bookmark without procrastination in the future!). I just have not much time to go there lately. I only saw the Calvin one because at the time it was staring me in the face! I hate for you to go to the extra steps to post here too! I will just add humor looking to my daily routine! I am planning to cut some facebook feed. I only have 3 private groups, but it can lead to some kind of wasted time if you are not careful. I only have an animal rescue group, church and then my horse group,( that one I will probably close down.) Should save some time!

Keep up the good work! Jan B)

P.S. I did somehow lose my fitbit link on the computer, so I found it in the files and added it to my desktop. It worked. That was a miracle to me! Still do not know how it vanished...
  • RogerToo
    Wow!

You found it!!!!! How did you do it? If I ever get settled I am going to start my technical learning! That was the link all right! I am really glad you found it!

Yes, I saw some of the disturbances. They were .......disturbing.

I enjoyed the posts however of the celebrities being reminded they were moving out, and some of the posts about Canada guarding their borders from the liberals. I guess I just have a "bad" streak in me! :#

I have yours too! (I will just really bookmark without procrastination in the future!). I just have not much time to go there lately. I only saw the Calvin one because at the time it was staring me in the face! I hate for you to go to the extra steps to post here too! I will just add humor looking to my daily routine! I am planning to cut some facebook feed. I only have 3 private groups, but it can lead to some kind of wasted time if you are not careful. I only have an animal rescue group, church and then my horse group,( that one I will probably close down.) Should save some time!

Keep up the good work! Jan B)

P.S. I did somehow lose my fitbit link on the computer, so I found it in the files and added it to my desktop. It worked. That was a miracle to me! Still do not know how it vanished...
    Hi Jan
    If I said I used Google and searched with Calvin Hobbes Myfitnesspro in the search box.
    Sometimes I use Google and if I am looking for Images I use bing.com as I like their image search better. They make it easy to display by size and date.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the disturbances and being done to punish people for electing Trump. I wonder who is helping organize and fund them too.

If You said You were leaving, please do not hesitate, Do it!

Have a Nice Day
    Roger