100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Jan
    Congratulations for being under Your calorie goal for another day.

Way to Go
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. Saturday Em participated in the Texas state math competition. Of the 12 teams that made it to the state level, two of the 12 were from Em's school. Em's team didn't make the top positions, but her school's ither team won second place. Only the winning team from each state goes on to the national competition. I felt good on Saturday but am wiped out again today Sunday. I am so sick of being sick. My sinuses don't feel bad, just entire body exhaustion (for no good reason).
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 25 degrees, It was not that comfortable, It felt colder than yesterday despite there being only 1 degree colder. The forecast is for Snow moving in later today in the afternoon or evening and turning to rain for Monday. I have walked 8.6K steps.

Yesterday evening we finished the first batch of Fruit Cakes by taking the previously prepared Fruit part of the recipe and Mixing it into the dry ingredients and baking them. They have already been Spritzed while still warm from the oven on the cooling rack with the Brandy and again this morning when removed from the baking pans. There are 3 small loaves and 1 large loaf from this batch.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

Good morning!

It is funny how the temps can hit us and feel colder by just more humidity in the air or a bit of a breeze, or a front moving. The snow sounded kind of neat! I am sure that's because I am down here, lol! I am not sure I would want rain the next day! I am already looking forward to a few days of 50's and 60's. It is 54 degrees now, and it feels kind of nice after 25 degrees! I am just a southern wimp now!

The fruitcake sounds great! I just finished snacking on a macadamia nut apricot fruitcake from Swiss Colony which was really good. It is small, so not such a bad temptation, though rather expensive . It is unusual and I get one every year. I still am going to make yours from your recipe. It is amazing I am losing as I have had a few Christmas treats here and there.

Church Day, so of course that is hard! I was gifted with some home made wheat bread and jam this morning. It was yummy but I had too much. Then Dairy Queen cake at small group as it was someone's birthday. I had a small piece, but protein the rest of the day. I am a little over my calories, though it could be worse!

Really impressed by your steps! That is great!

Take care, Jan :)
  • Buttons61
    Hi. Saturday Em participated in the Texas state math competition. Of the 12 teams that made it to the state level, two of the 12 were from Em's school. Em's team didn't make the top positions, but her school's ither team won second place. Only the winning team from each state goes on to the national competition. I felt good on Saturday but am wiped out again today Sunday. I am so sick of being sick. My sinuses don't feel bad, just entire body exhaustion (for no good reason).

Hi Val!

Sounds like Em did a pretty respectable showing in the competition. I bet it was a long day ! Hopefully after you get some rest you will feel more like yourself. When you have been sick, it is hard to get back on your feet when you are working and running too. It is not as easy as when we were littler, and could sleep the week or week end. As adults, stuff just gets in the way! I would think with your veggies you get plenty of vitamins and all. You should make sure your iron is not low, maybe that might cause you to be fatigued too. Maybe more protein sources, though I do not know other than fish, eggs, cheese, milk/diary and soy. You could try adding more so it becomes a higher percent. It might help. It is no fun to have no energy!

Hang in there! It is so good to hear from you! Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 36 degrees, Starting at some point in the evening there was Snow falling that ended up at some point in the overnight hours becoming a steady rain. The rain appears to have ended now that I have returned :) I have walked 10.6K steps. Yesterday after getting back out to a local farm stand and a Kings supermarket to look around I was over 11K steps by noon.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Saturday Em participated in the Texas state math competition. Of the 12 teams that made it to the state level, two of the 12 were from Em's school. Em's team didn't make the top positions, but her school's other team won second place. Only the winning team from each state goes on to the national competition. I felt good on Saturday but am wiped out again today Sunday. I am so sick of being sick. My sinuses don't feel bad, just entire body exhaustion (for no good reason).

Hi Val
    Your Daughters school is doing a good job, You must be happy about that.

Being ill wipes me out, hard to believe something You can not see can bring You down like that too.

Get well quick
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

It is funny how the temps can hit us and feel colder by just more humidity in the air or a bit of a breeze, or a front moving. The snow sounded kind of neat! I am sure that's because I am down here, lol! I am not sure I would want rain the next day! I am already looking forward to a few days of 50's and 60's. It is 54 degrees now, and it feels kind of nice after 25 degrees! I am just a southern wimp now!

The fruitcake sounds great! I just finished snacking on a macadamia nut apricot fruitcake from Swiss Colony which was really good. It is small, so not such a bad temptation, though rather expensive . It is unusual and I get one every year. I still am going to make yours from your recipe. It is amazing I am losing as I have had a few Christmas treats here and there.

Church Day, so of course that is hard! I was gifted with some home made wheat bread and jam this morning. It was yummy but I had too much. Then Dairy Queen cake at small group as it was someone's birthday. I had a small piece, but protein the rest of the day. I am a little over my calories, though it could be worse!

Really impressed by your steps! That is great!
    Take care, Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    The Swiss Colony Fruit Cake sounds delicious :)
    Just curious as to what flavor Jam, Some flavors would not tempt me.

The Rain may be gone here but so far the day still looks dreary :(

I have just finished adjusting the overall level on some Old Time Radio Christmas Shows and synchronizing them with my iPod so I have more to listen to tomorrow.

Congratulations on another pound lost
    Roger
    Hi Val!
    Sounds like Em did a pretty respectable showing in the competition. I bet it was a long day ! Hopefully after you get some rest you will feel more like yourself. When you have been sick, it is hard to get back on your feet when you are working and running too. It is not as easy as when we were littler, and could sleep the week or week end. As adults, stuff just gets in the way! I would think with your veggies you get plenty of vitamins and all. You should make sure your iron is not low, maybe that might cause you to be fatigued too. Maybe more protein sources, though I do not know other than fish, eggs, cheese, milk/diary and soy. You could try adding more so it becomes a higher percent. It might help. It is no fun to have no energy!

Hang in there! It is so good to hear from you! Jan :)

Hi Again
    Some other protein sources would include certain vegetables and Nuts such as Peanut, Peanut Butter for example add some Jelly as in a Peanut Butter and jelly on low calorie bread and You could have it as a meal. Hot or Cold cereals such as I use for my breakfast. Example: 4 ounces of 1% milk and 28 g of Cheerios with Sweetener is 7 g protein and 150 calories. FWIW I use the 1% UHT long shelf life until opened milk from the Dollar store at $1 a quart and it can stay on the shelf un-refrigerated until opened. The ones I have on my shelf right now are good until opened or October 3, 2017 whichever comes first. And of the course the ever convenient Protein Shakes :)

Have a Nice Upcoming Week
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi all!

Once again your steps are awesome, Roger! That is just wild! I only had 3200 today, though not bad with gout! I was so tired. The kids had their Christmas show at school at 8 am. That was rough getting there at that hour as their school is in Montgomery, almost 45 min away with traffic. And it is a crazy raceway getting thru both towns and a tollbridge at that hour. But I made it and they did well. Then I picked up a friend and we went to World Market where I picked up a few things for the grandkids stockings and a few things from Germany they had in stock, like Lebkuchen, which is like gingerbread sort of, and some sweet and sour red cabbage called Rotkohl. Spent a lot of time looking and just enjoying. We also stopped at a clothes store and I bought a top with a 30% coupon my friend had that she had me use. Good deal and good friend, lol! Finally we went to Whole Market and toured. She about had a heart attack at the prices. She is 80 yrs old, a from scratch cook, and very thrifty with all things.She spins circles around me at her age though! She just shook her head at some of it, and I can't blame her! I did point out a few bargains. Still not sure she will recover! :#

I had left the house at 7:15 am and did not get home till about 3:45! The dogs thought I had deserted them. They were good babies with no accidents, as I normally try to not leave them long, and not more than about 5 1/2 hours every now and then. But my friend can really talk, so we were not fast! The dogs have been within an inch of me since I got home! Bless their hearts!

We have had a drizzly rain all day and still in the fifty's and sixties. I am not sure what we got as a total. I was so tired from shopping I sat till almost 7 pm till I could make myself get up to feed the canine crew! Luckily, they slept on my feet and were out cold, just glad I was home! Gotta love dogs!

Keep up the good work! Jan P.S. Jam was Blackberry with Blackberry Wine Jam! :)

• RogerToo
    edited December 2016
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 32 degrees and 8.6K steps and once again no money, I was just over 13K steps by bedtime yesterday. Colder weather ahead in the weather forecast. They are predicting a overnight low of 9 degrees and a high of 22 degrees for Friday as the arctic air moves in for three days heading into the weekend :(

I set the Yeti cup down with my hot coffee on a Wooden surface that had frost while I was walking. Talk about insulated when I picked it up You could not see any melting.

I am trying to adjust my upcoming order, the one that closes on the 23rd and the NS website is really slow this morning. I just tried a reload worked and that worked better. I have noticed a couple of new items since my last order FWIW. I just pulled 4 Lunch Bars out of the Basement freezer to use, such as the Strawberry Cheese Crepe & the Caramel Apple Muffin Breakfast, the Zesty Pizza Snack-a-Rounds & Pumpkin Loaf snacks + the Garlic Parmesan Snack-A-Rounds, The Fiesta Macaroni and Cheese and the Spicy Garlic Chicken Dinner.
    I am changing it to close tonight so I can try these new foods :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all!

Once again your steps are awesome, Roger! That is just wild! I only had 3200 today, though not bad with gout! I was so tired. The kids had their Christmas show at school at 8 am. That was rough getting there at that hour as their school is in Montgomery, almost 45 min away with traffic. And it is a crazy raceway getting thru both towns and a tollbridge at that hour. But I made it and they did well. Then I picked up a friend and we went to World Market where I picked up a few things for the grandkids stockings and a few things from Germany they had in stock, like Lebkuchen, which is like gingerbread sort of, and some sweet and sour red cabbage called Rotkohl. Spent a lot of time looking and just enjoying. We also stopped at a clothes store and I bought a top with a 30% coupon my friend had that she had me use. Good deal and good friend, lol! Finally we went to Whole Market and toured. She about had a heart attack at the prices. She is 80 yrs old, a from scratch cook, and very thrifty with all things.She spins circles around me at her age though! She just shook her head at some of it, and I can't blame her! I did point out a few bargains. Still not sure she will recover! :#

I had left the house at 7:15 am and did not get home till about 3:45! The dogs thought I had deserted them. They were good babies with no accidents, as I normally try to not leave them long, and not more than about 5 1/2 hours every now and then. But my friend can really talk, so we were not fast! The dogs have been within an inch of me since I got home! Bless their hearts!

We have had a drizzly rain all day and still in the fifty's and sixties. I am not sure what we got as a total. I was so tired from shopping I sat till almost 7 pm till I could make myself get up to feed the canine crew! Luckily, they slept on my feet and were out cold, just glad I was home! Gotta love dogs!

Keep up the good work! Jan P.S. Jam was Blackberry with Blackberry Wine Jam! :)
    Hi Jan
    I was thinking Congratulations on getting that many steps with the Gout hanging in there on You.

If I said one of the things I do not miss regarding not working is the rush hour traffic.

Well the NS website finally responded to my change for the shipment date :)
    Per your request, we have rescheduled the shipment date of your next Auto-Delivery order. Your next order is now scheduled to process on 12/14/2016. If you'd like to make changes to this order, you have until 6 p.m. EST on 12/13/2016 to do so.
    I am very interested in tasting the new foods as I detailed them above. I will let You know how they taste once I try them. I was semi surprised that the Fiesta Macaroni and Cheese is a pouch that does not need to be refrigerated. I think they have added the new foods as a Christmas Gift and to help people stay more on plan this year :)

Older folks that lived through things I missed tend to be more frugal...
    It does sound as if You had a busy day shopping too.

Well better drizzly than a drought :)

I have a neighbor that is like that, if She drops in or You are on the phone with her there goes two hours easy.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

I woke to a raining morning. The heavens just opened and it was a deluge! I did not even feed the birds, I will when it is a little less drippy! I am thankful for the rain! I know everything needed water so badly. It was a little passed saving foliage, but it is sure saving the plant and wildlife, and especially the trees, which were really stressed. Glad I am not traveling this am! :)

Down here gloomy settles for winter feel, so it seems Christmassy! Your food reviews are always helpful! NS has good Italian dishes, IMO, and the portion control is most helpful! They are my favorites. I will be interested to see if the garlic chicken is something you like!

I appear to be wanted by a rather damp puppy for petting! You have to take the bitter with the sweet! :#

Stay warm with those cold (bitter?) temperatures coming in! Are you using your hand warmers yet? Good thing you bought that yeti cup! Take care! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi Jan and Roger, Sunday I got really sick again--stayed in bed all day. Monday and Tuesday sinuses were hurting but ok. Work is busy. The work on the house should be finished on the 20th. Dreading the bill. Feeling glum (sorry!).
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 35 degrees and I finished with 9.9K steps and once again no money, I was just over 11.5K steps by bedtime yesterday. Today's walk was OK for the first 2/3rd of it then I started feeling the cold, Tomorrow I may start out and pick up my Coffee and Boomerang back home depending on the Wind Chill, I want to finish my steps tomorrow as I suspect that Friday I may or may not leave the house. Colder weather is ahead in the weather forecast, Tomorrow is a transitional day with colder temperatures, unfortunately the description for Thursday & Friday is breezy with significant wind chills . They are predicting a overnight low of 9 degrees and a high of 22 degrees for Friday as the arctic air moves in for three days heading into the weekend :(

I see that my order processed last night. Hopefully it will ship soon so that I can try the new foods :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

I woke to a raining morning. The heavens just opened and it was a deluge! I did not even feed the birds, I will when it is a little less drippy! I am thankful for the rain! I know everything needed water so badly. It was a little passed saving foliage, but it is sure saving the plant and wildlife, and especially the trees, which were really stressed. Glad I am not traveling this am! :)

Down here gloomy settles for winter feel, so it seems Christmassy! Your food reviews are always helpful! NS has good Italian dishes, IMO, and the portion control is most helpful! They are my favorites. I will be interested to see if the garlic chicken is something you like!

I appear to be wanted by a rather damp puppy for petting! You have to take the bitter with the sweet! :#

Stay warm with those cold (bitter?) temperatures coming in! Are you using your hand warmers yet? Good thing you bought that yeti cup! Take care! Jan

Hi Jan
    I recall that Your area needed the rain so deluge or not... The good side You do not have to leave the house :)

I can not wait to try the new foods and thus I moved my order up a by a ten days, Not a biggie as I had delayed it originally. I hope the Frozen and/or the shelf stable AKA Ready To Go food(s) ship today.

I have been using the hand warmers for a while :) The Good, they help, the bad I still get cold Thumbs even with the Mittens. If I had my hands free then I could put the Thumbs with the Fingers and they would all be warm, however since I have things in both hands until I finish the coffee and free up one hand I just stop at a convenient perch and sit for a minute warming my fingers.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Hi Jan and Roger, Sunday I got really sick again--stayed in bed all day. Monday and Tuesday sinuses were hurting but ok. Work is busy. The work on the house should be finished on the 20th. Dreading the bill. Feeling glum (sorry!).

Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear that You relapsed. I suppose there is no sort of insurance against that sort of thing or maybe just not affordable.

Get Well Quickly
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi Val!

Sorry you were sick again. It is hard to shake anything this time of the year, You may start to feel better once the rental is settled. Stress is so bad for your immune system. I would have tonsillitis often, like 2-3 x's a month, though not strept throat when I worked. I had really just noticed I have not been in once for it since retiring. You have been thru a lot this year, you can feel a little glum if you need to. :/

On the brighter side, you have done some amazing work, and you are hanging in there trying to keep healthy and lose some weight and you have an awesome kid and dogs! And us,lol! <3
  • Buttons61
    Hi Rodger!

We are Christmas grey today, and had a low of 32 degrees. Stiff wind today, a nice indoor day! No where as cold as you ! But it is a bit of a change from our 60 degrees. Crazy weather! Sorry you are not finding your money on your walks again! It is either too cold to be out, or people are bundled and the change does not drop so readily!

The test box to Pakistan for the church there never made it. Apparently it was stolen. The people will be surprised as it was Christian literature, not the American goods they were wanting. The rest of our first shipment is going by a Korean handler instead , which can fly out of Birmingham and not Montgomery. It is routed thru Korea and apparently the packages are not "misplaced " as are the ones coming from America directly. Live and learn!

I had 2.5 inches of rain at the house. Another inch or two and I will be caught up from the drought. A few places in Alabama did not get quite so much at times, so there is a deficit still, but we are so much better! It is still a surprise when it falls from the sky! :)

Stay warm and safe! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I had heard that stress was bad for the immune system also.

Your low was actually lower than ours today, tomorrow we start into the deep freeze :)
    Today was not windy, our breeze moves in tomorrow as the temperatures start to drop :(

I was thinking that might be part of the reason for no money...

I suppose it was worth testing a direct shipment. Just curious how You shipped it? I suspect that they were really unhappy with the contents.

Congratulations on getting mostly caught up with the rainfall. Now to pray that it does not turn in a flood situation.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 30 degrees, I have walked 7,951 steps. I was out the door ahead of most of the breeze. It started picking up and I started feeling cold so I stopped at the Supermarket for a couple of Apples, more to warm up however :) Then on to home and when the wind was behind me I could feel it pushing me along. The direction of the wind is why I changed my usual route home from where I walked today.

It appears from checking the tracking that both the frozen and the ready to go NS orders are on the truck for delivery. I hope the frozen does not melt with today's heat wave. The frozen has been in transit since the overnight hours, 12:00 am Picked up, Bethlehem, PA :) and the ready to go was picked up at 4:02 pm, Picked up, Hagerstown, MD

I should be giving taste reports on the new food items starting tomorrow :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

We sent the test box UPS and there is no guarantee it will get there. I think the company is DHL that is Korean owned, they send it thru Korea, and had a 96% of undamaged delivery (or confiscated for private use!) rating. American items are in higher demand than Korean, and they always hope to find electronics. We will see!

We are going to Red Lobster for lunch. While they offer some healthy options, I can not see me giving up the Admiral's feast. The best I can hope for may be broiling it, not frying it! :# I go so rarely it is hard to pass that up!

It was 37 degrees this am, but with a rather stiff wind! Rather uncomfortable. Cold tonite and Friday, then turning in the 70's for the weekend. A good rain expected Sat. nite and Sunday.
    Hopefully we have broke that drought pattern.

Everyone here seems to be getting colds and especially bronchitis that just lingers. Hopefully that passes me right on by! Almost ready for Christmas, I do have some wrapping to do! Our church service was by the teens last night with a few words, and lots of Christmas carols. It was pretty nice and makes the season seen to last longer and be less stressful. It was a good nite!

Stay warm, and great job with your steps! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

We sent the test box UPS and there is no guarantee it will get there. I think the company is DHL that is Korean owned, they send it thru Korea, and had a 96% of undamaged delivery (or confiscated for private use!) rating. American items are in higher demand than Korean, and they always hope to find electronics. We will see!

We are going to Red Lobster for lunch. While they offer some healthy options, I can not see me giving up the Admiral's feast. The best I can hope for may be broiling it, not frying it! :# I go so rarely it is hard to pass that up!

It was 37 degrees this am, but with a rather stiff wind! Rather uncomfortable. Cold tonite and Friday, then turning in the 70's for the weekend. A good rain expected Sat. nite and Sunday.
    Hopefully we have broke that drought pattern.

Everyone here seems to be getting colds and especially bronchitis that just lingers. Hopefully that passes me right on by! Almost ready for Christmas, I do have some wrapping to do! Our church service was by the teens last night with a few words, and lots of Christmas carols. It was pretty nice and makes the season seen to last longer and be less stressful. It was a good nite!

Stay warm, and great job with your steps! Jan

Hi Jan
    Strange, I would have thought UPS was OK :)
    If I said I do not recall ever eating at Red Lobster. OTOH I do not eat seafood and going to a seafood eatery I would not expect good steaks so no loss.

It was bitter this morning and worse is forecast for Friday :(
    Our Rain later on in the day Friday into Saturday is predicted to be Snow turning to rain at some point Saturday so calling it rain might be a stretch.

I still have some Christmas Cards to write, Now that I have the addresses.

Good Luck avoiding the Bronchitis
    Roger