Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

I played that game and I've always lived down here so not regional. Haven't played it in about 20 years so can't remember what it was called.

We'll be back in the 80's by week's end. That's why I like N. C. weather better. Plus even in summer you needed a light blanket at night. I couldn't handle your weather. Much too cold. I've only seen snow twice. Once here and once an inch in Tennessee. Plus there are no woods down here any more. Much too developed.

E, I know you enjoyed the massage.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I guess I lived a deprived childhood :)

It doesn't snow there?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi...it was cold again this morning,but warmed up to mid 30s this afternoon and sunny, not bad. It would probably bother me more if I had to stay out longer, but I don't. :)
    Couldn't stand hot weather all the time. I would probably just stay in the air conditioning...yet, I love going into a sauna for 10 or 15 minutes! Nice and hot! :) Went to the gym, PT and the mall today, hubs had to return a sweater he bought that was too short for him. Kind of filled up the whole day.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    Up and at'em. Organized my traveling art box this morning before heading off to painting class.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Warmer days are coming, hang in there.

I have run short of time so Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,348 Member
    Hi all....I don't mind the cold so much as long as I don't have to be out there very long. I got some nice comfy, furry boots that keep my feet warm, which is most of the battle, so I'm good to go. :)
    We can always go visit Lynmar in Florida if it gets too cold up here! :wink:
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi all

Roger, when it snowed here it was in the papers all over the country. It was the first and last time it has ever happened. By the way, it was a week after my mother died. :o

Went grocery shopping today. Walked up and down the aisles in half the store. I'll see how my foot does tomorrow. Even if I just stand on it a couple of hours it's bad the next day.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Sorry your foot's still bothering you, Lynmar. Is that the one that was operated on?
    zumba and PT for me today.
    Raining out....better than snow!
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi all....I don't mind the cold so much as long as I don't have to be out there very long. I got some nice comfy, furry boots that keep my feet warm, which is most of the battle, so I'm good to go. :)
    We can always go visit Lynmar in Florida if it gets too cold up here! :wink:
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I used to go to Florida every January, complete off season with best prices and good weather too. I drove of course when I did so I also had transportation.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

Roger, when it snowed here it was in the papers all over the country. It was the first and last time it has ever happened. By the way, it was a week after my mother died. :o

Went grocery shopping today. Walked up and down the aisles in half the store. I'll see how my foot does tomorrow. Even if I just stand on it a couple of hours it's bad the next day.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    That rare for snow. You must really be south.

I am sorry to hear about the foot still bothering You. As advanced as medicine has become You would think they could fix most anything as long as You can get to the hospital.

Good Luck with the foot
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Sorry your foot's still bothering you, Lynmar. Is that the one that was operated on?
    zumba and PT for me today.
    Raining out....better than snow!
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Again
    I wonder if that is the rain they say could move in tonight after 7PM. Northwest NJ had a alert for possible icing or freezing drizzle starting then.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    It might be....seems to be drizzling and very misty/foggy. Luckily it's about 35 F here and possibly going up a little more. I am thankful that it's not icy. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I am slightly afraid of Tomorrow, it might be drizzly according to the weather forecasts, more-so Sundays weather. I will say it was not comfortable walking this morning. I made the mistake of only going by the thermometer and not checking the local weather or I would have dressed a little more warmly. There was a breeze blowing for much of the walk.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi Roger,
    I'm not out there walking in it! It's misty, foggy, drizzly again today 39F right now supposed to be going up to 48F. I guess it's probably a little cooler in NJ. I really haven't gotten back to my walks yet. We'll walk around the mall or something like that, and if the weather's really nice I will walk around my neighborhood. I'm hoping by the Spring, my legs will be back up for it! The Pt is helping and I am doing much better. My neck is still a mess, but they're working on it. Apparently I hold tension in many areas I never even thought about!
    Hope you have a pleasant walk. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Hi. Thank you.

Roger, I don't live that far south. West Palm Beach. 90ish miles north of Miami.

E, I hope you get to feeling better.

I spent yesterday morning in an urgent care office. I had a blood vessel in my left thigh (again -same leg as all the foot problems). Swelling was a perfect fit for my palm and bruising covered entire width of back of leg. So, once again, I'm back to partially sedentary.

You're both welcome down here if the cold is too much for you. :) Temp up to 80 again today then rainy tomorrow when your next front comes through. It was so foggy when I got up at 5 this morning I couldn't even see across the street.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Lynmar, I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your leg. Sounds painful. I hope the urgent care physicians were able to get you some relief. And I hope you start feeling better soon.
    I'm doing ok...I'm much better than I was. I know I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't get around. I've got some home exercises to keep working on my legs, hips, and lower back, and the PT staff is continuing to work on my neck (and to a lesser degree my lower half, which was priority when I first went in because I was limping!). Jeez, this getting old stuff is getting old! :p
    I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Roger,
    I'm not out there walking in it! It's misty, foggy, drizzly again today 39F right now supposed to be going up to 48F. I guess it's probably a little cooler in NJ. I really haven't gotten back to my walks yet. We'll walk around the mall or something like that, and if the weather's really nice I will walk around my neighborhood. I'm hoping by the Spring, my legs will be back up for it! The Pt is helping and I am doing much better. My neck is still a mess, but they're working on it. Apparently I hold tension in many areas I never even thought about!
    Hope you have a pleasant walk. :)

Hi Vix
    It doesn't sound like a pleasant day for You to go walking :)
    I'm glad to hear that the PT is helping, Tension can cause many problems You would not connect to it as I understand it.

I would not call it a pleasant walk OTOH it was OK. I stopped at the Dollar store and this time they had the quarts of 1% Milk. It tastes OK and I can leave it on the shelf until I need it. This one is dated use by December 2016 as it is UHT milk. at $1 a quart it is costlier than Gas for the car :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi. Thank you.

Roger, I don't live that far south. West Palm Beach. 90ish miles north of Miami.

E, I hope you get to feeling better.

I spent yesterday morning in an urgent care office. I had a blood vessel in my left thigh (again -same leg as all the foot problems). Swelling was a perfect fit for my palm and bruising covered entire width of back of leg. So, once again, I'm back to partially sedentary.

You're both welcome down here if the cold is too much for you. :) Temp up to 80 again today then rainy tomorrow when your next front comes through. It was so foggy when I got up at 5 this morning I couldn't even see across the street.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I am sorry to hear about Your leg problems. Did they indicate what happened?

As I mentioned I loved coming to Florida in the winter. The furthest south I ever got was down into the keys before I ran out of time. Maybe one of these days I'll make all the way to key west. Not this year however.

Stay Dry and I hope the leg gets better
    Roger
    Lynmar, I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your leg. Sounds painful. I hope the urgent care physicians were able to get you some relief. And I hope you start feeling better soon.
    I'm doing ok...I'm much better than I was. I know I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't get around. I've got some home exercises to keep working on my legs, hips, and lower back, and the PT staff is continuing to work on my neck (and to a lesser degree my lower half, which was priority when I first went in because I was limping!). Jeez, this getting old stuff is getting old! :p
    I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    As far as the urgent care places, around here they seem to range from very good to just OK for easy things.

I am with You, getting old is getting old for me too :)

OTOH I believe I am in better shape now than I was 10 years ago so it could be worse. Less weight and more exercise as why I say that.

On a whim I asked the doctor what should be my target weight. I am thinking around 165 and I am not there yet. he seemed to think I am Ok where I am and that Toning exercises are needed. I don't see it as being at goal yet.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, my doctors never tell me I have to lose weight if I don't go over the 150s, but I know I do. They usually say I'm fine the way I am. The new rheumatologist didn't say it, but when I asked about diet, he told me to try the London diet, which is basically low carb, somewhat anti-inflammatory and would help most people to lose weight. I've also read that losing weight is helpful when you have arthritis, less stress on the joints. The charts all say I should be in the 115-135 pound range, so that's where I'm setting my goal. haha, you notice I give myself a 20 pound range! The closest I've been in the last 5 years has been 142. (I was pretty happy with that).
    Walking is good for toning. You also seem to lift and carry and do housework and yard work, so you're doing pretty well on the exercising. I think as we get older it's harder to stay toned, gravity seems to take over!
    I think people have to be comfortable with their bodies. So, I would be flexible and see when you're comfortable and happy with yourself. :)
    Cheers :smiley:
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Thanks for the get well wishes. :)

I think the urgent care Dr was ok but don't think I'll go there again. I have a new insurance and can't go to MD Now, which I really liked. May just go to hospital ER. I used to go there all the time.

Roger, I agree with E just be where you are comfortable.

E, I hope you get to feeling good again soon.

Have a good day
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Lynmar, good luck finding a new MD. It really is hard finding one that we feel comfortable with, but I think it's important. Check you insurance web site to see if they have a list of approved doctors you can choose from. Look at their backgrounds, a lot of them are giving more information now. Urgent care and ER are more for emergencies, more difficult to get personal treatment, more difficult for them to understand your personal history.
    It's still dark out, but it's also still rainy. Didn't have anything special planned for today. Maybe I'll do the cleaning I didn't get around to yesterday! I could also work on some sewing or painting projects, if I get ambitious!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Roger, my doctors never tell me I have to lose weight if I don't go over the 150s, but I know I do. They usually say I'm fine the way I am. The new rheumatologist didn't say it, but when I asked about diet, he told me to try the London diet, which is basically low carb, somewhat anti-inflammatory and would help most people to lose weight. I've also read that losing weight is helpful when you have arthritis, less stress on the joints. The charts all say I should be in the 115-135 pound range, so that's where I'm setting my goal. haha, you notice I give myself a 20 pound range! The closest I've been in the last 5 years has been 142. (I was pretty happy with that).
    Walking is good for toning. You also seem to lift and carry and do housework and yard work, so you're doing pretty well on the exercising. I think as we get older it's harder to stay toned, gravity seems to take over!
    I think people have to be comfortable with their bodies. So, I would be flexible and see when you're comfortable and happy with yourself. :)
    Cheers :smiley:

Hi Vix
    Interesting to hear I am not the only one that heard that from their doctor.

I have read that less weight on the joints is very beneficial especially to the knees.
    From Here:
    http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20050629/small-weight-loss-takes-pressure-off-knee
    Small Weight Loss Takes Big Pressure Off Knee
    1 Pound Weight Loss Unloads 4 Pounds of Joint Stress in People With Knee Osteoarthritis

That darned Gravity anyway

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi

Thanks for the get well wishes. :)

I think the urgent care Dr was ok but don't think I'll go there again. I have a new insurance and can't go to MD Now, which I really liked. May just go to hospital ER. I used to go there all the time.

Roger, I agree with E just be where you are comfortable.

E, I hope you get to feeling good again soon.

Have a good day

Hi Lynmar
    I am lucky I suspect that my Doctor takes Medicare. Actually so far I have not seen any that do not in this area, I understand it is really hard in California finding a doctor especially if the person is on the ACA aka Obamacare.

I even had part of the cost at the eye doctor covered. I believe they covered the exam part but not the getting a new prescription part.

I did not feel that Mom ever got the best treatment at the urgent care and Emergency room vs a real doctor office visit.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Lynmar, good luck finding a new MD. It really is hard finding one that we feel comfortable with, but I think it's important. Check you insurance web site to see if they have a list of approved doctors you can choose from. Look at their backgrounds, a lot of them are giving more information now. Urgent care and ER are more for emergencies, more difficult to get personal treatment, more difficult for them to understand your personal history.
    It's still dark out, but it's also still rainy. Didn't have anything special planned for today. Maybe I'll do the cleaning I didn't get around to yesterday! I could also work on some sewing or painting projects, if I get ambitious!
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    It is still a gloomy looking day outside and still rainy too, warmer however, That is a double edged sword as it makes me sweat in rain gear if I wear it.

Good luck, Motivation to get things done today is lacking here.
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

I was checking on doctors in my plan and since it was a new insurance and a new Android app I entered the search wrong for Urgent Care. MD Now *is* on my plan. Hurray! I love that place and it's only a mile from here. UnFortunately I've gone there a lot with first point of contact stuff like my dislocated toes etc. It's really hard to get in to see a doctor right away and a lot of things need immediate attention.

We had rainy weather today. Had to turn the lights on during the noontime. Down in the 50's the next few nights. I get to get to put on my seldom used clothes.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Lynmar, so glad you can go back to your favorite MD! Yay! :)
    I love the medium cool weather (like the 50s! not too cold, not hot)
    Off to yoga and PT this morning. It's colder here this a.m. 23F up to 35F later. As long as there's no ice or snow, I'm ok with it.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

I was checking on doctors in my plan and since it was a new insurance and a new Android app I entered the search wrong for Urgent Care. MD Now *is* on my plan. Hurray! I love that place and it's only a mile from here. UnFortunately I've gone there a lot with first point of contact stuff like my dislocated toes etc. It's really hard to get in to see a doctor right away and a lot of things need immediate attention.

We had rainy weather today. Had to turn the lights on during the noontime. Down in the 50's the next few nights. I get to get to put on my seldom used clothes.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    Good news that Your doctor is covered under the new plan. One tip, always call and ask the doctor ahead of time if they participate.

It was rainy, then windy Saunday, Oh well, what will be will be.

Have a Good Day today
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Lynmar, so glad you can go back to your favorite MD! Yay! :)
    I love the medium cool weather (like the 50s! not too cold, not hot)
    Off to yoga and PT this morning. It's colder here this a.m. 23F up to 35F later. As long as there's no ice or snow, I'm ok with it.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Despite the rain I liked Sunday much better than today. When I went out the door yesterday the temperature was great nice and warm for this time of year.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! yes still alive... i think :) i reset everything with NS so fingers crossed i can keep myself at it.... it's been a very pitiful end to the yr and i'm starting again higher than last yr (grrrr) but yet, still alive and kicking so that counts :)

i hope you all had a great holiday season... i skimmed through the posts since last time i popped in and it looks like for the most part everyone is doing well.

Lynmar - hope things are improving for you. if you posted about the pup's results i missed it in my skimming - is he ok?

welcome Nicole if you're still popping in :)

E and Roger :) thank you for keeping us all going. even when i'm MIA i'm thinking about you guys and trying to get my tail back into a good routine that has me posting again more regularly.

here's to a new year for us all :) (fyi off to mom's again this weekend LOL)

lots of huggs :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Kel!!!!! Glad you made it back. This will be a better year. :) I'm getting back on track and I know you can too. :)
    Roger, yeah, I think my bones feel better when it's warmer! :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)