Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi

Thank you. My back does feel better today.

Roger, my problem is the opposite. My sinuses are so congested my head is full. I should use a netty pot but I hate those. I was looking at an ad on TV about a handheld warm steam mist thing mypurmist.com it sounds good and has high ratings. Even a hot meal sometimes makes my nose run. :(

E, brrr!

Only up in the 60's today and tomorrow. That's cold for us.

My microwave finally bit the dust. I ordered another from Amazon. I should get it tomorrow. Now to find somewhere with drive-thru and a fairly decent meal. The dogs have really missed going out in the car at lunch time.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,348 Member
    I've been making a huge salad for lunch everyday. I really enjoy that.
    Glad your back feels better, Lynmar. Always nice to get a new appliance. :)
    Enjoy your drive thru meal. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited January 2016
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Roger, it was cold this a.m. for a walk! (14F here).
    Lynmar, hope your back feels better. Sciatic can be really painful.
    Putting on my warm fuzzy boots to go out this afternoon.
    Enjoy the day. :)
    I've been making a huge salad for lunch everyday. I really enjoy that.
    Glad your back feels better, Lynmar. Always nice to get a new appliance. :)
    Enjoy your drive thru meal. :)

Hi Vix
    I surprised myself by going walking twice Yesterday and this morning despite the bitter wind chill readings. Without the Wind it was 14 degrees at 8:45 and with the wind really bitter.

I like my Lettuce and I like it plain FWIW. SO I can not call it a salad when the only thing is Lettuce :)

I don;t really feel the cold in my legs or feet, only my hands (fingers) and when the wind blows my cheeks as I can pull the drawstring on the hoodie really tight and cover most of my head.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you. My back does feel better today.

Roger, my problem is the opposite. My sinuses are so congested my head is full. I should use a netty pot but I hate those. I was looking at an ad on TV about a handheld warm steam mist thing mypurmist.com it sounds good and has high ratings. Even a hot meal sometimes makes my nose run. :(

E, brrr!

Only up in the 60's today and tomorrow. That's cold for us.

My microwave finally bit the dust. I ordered another from Amazon. I should get it tomorrow. Now to find somewhere with drive-thru and a fairly decent meal. The dogs have really missed going out in the car at lunch time.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I do not suppose You have an old fashioned Tea kettle You could boil water in for the steam?

Sorry to hear the MW bit the big one and went ten toes up on You. Was Amazon a good price? If that happened I think we might just run to Bed Bath and Beyond and use a 20% coupon for one. It is across the Strip Mall from CostCo, The same Mall has a Michaels, Target and Home Depot. Then Nearby is a Best Buy and Walmart outside of a fairly large multistory mall. Easy to comparison shop by Internet :)

Enjoy the Fast Food. I believe if I had to use a Drive Thru for food I would go to Burger King, Get a Double Whopper or two regular Whoppers and scrape out most of the bun to reduce the calories and save the 2nd Burger from that for a later meal. At least they flame broil their burgers.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

E, if I don't go anywhere that day I go ahead and have a salad with my soup. I love to put radishes in it. My fav dressing is Catalina. I don't use very much. Maybe a third to a half serving.

Roger, unfortunately going out shopping is getting a lot harder all the time. Yesterday just taking the dogs out and doing a few other things tired me out. :( I go in and out of relapse/remission with my immune problem.
    Yesterday I got a whopper from BK and today got a King's Hawaiian Fish sandwich from Arby's. I didn't realize how much I missed those.

Only up to mid 60's today with the wind chill bringing it down to the 50's. Today I had to run my little desk top heater as inside is colder than out.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    I went out for lunch today too. So I had Panera, cup of black bean soup and an apple. It's pretty good, I don't know if it had peppers or tomatoes in it, don't think so. Basically stayed on my plan, it was filling and didn't overdo the calories. Had some baked zucchini with some sauteed chopped beef with onions and garlic for dinner. And some carrots. That was pretty good too.
    I made a big bowl and a turtle in clay class...will see how they dry next week. Always experimenting there.
    Have a good night everyone, stay warm. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Cleaning team is coming this morning. :) Cold again today.
    Have body flow class and PT lined up for today. Not much else planned. Maybe I can do some organizing around the house, or try a new recipe.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

E, if I don't go anywhere that day I go ahead and have a salad with my soup. I love to put radishes in it. My fav dressing is Catalina. I don't use very much. Maybe a third to a half serving.

Roger, unfortunately going out shopping is getting a lot harder all the time. Yesterday just taking the dogs out and doing a few other things tired me out. :( I go in and out of relapse/remission with my immune problem.
    Yesterday I got a whopper from BK and today got a King's Hawaiian Fish sandwich from Arby's. I didn't realize how much I missed those.

Only up to mid 60's today with the wind chill bringing it down to the 50's. Today I had to run my little desk top heater as inside is colder than out.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I have developed he habbit of removing much of the bread from any takeout I do get and if I make a sandwich at home I remove most of the bread inside the roll first.

I do kind of miss a whopper myself, Decisions, decisions! I will be near a BK when I go to the sporting goods store later for hand warmers.

I like Thousand Island, french and several type of Italian salad dressings. I have been using up the Thousand Island as a side dip with the NutriSystem Hamburger and Chicken Sandwich as well as Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce depending on my mood.

I wish we had weather in the 60s, I wuld be ecstatic with a wind chill only in the 50s :)

Have a Good Day, Be Well
    Roger
    I went out for lunch today too. So I had Panera, cup of black bean soup and an apple. It's pretty good, I don't know if it had peppers or tomatoes in it, don't think so. Basically stayed on my plan, it was filling and didn't overdo the calories. Had some baked zucchini with some sauteed chopped beef with onions and garlic for dinner. And some carrots. That was pretty good too.
    I made a big bowl and a turtle in clay class...will see how they dry next week. Always experimenting there.
    Have a good night everyone, stay warm. :)
    Good morning.
    Cleaning team is coming this morning. :) Cold again today.
    Have body flow class and PT lined up for today. Not much else planned. Maybe I can do some organizing around the house, or try a new recipe.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    You have been Busy and today sounds busier than Yesterday for You.

If You are like me, You probably do not care for the weekend forecast.

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • eku0
    Haha....not looking forward to the snow...no.
    My husband bought some Bolt House yogurt dressings...they come in a lot of flavors. I usually don't eat bottled dressing, but those are really good once in a while....if you're looking for something different. :)
    Stay warm. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    There's snow!...not much, but enough to cover the roads and sidewalks. May go out and push it off the driveway and sidewalk. If the sun comes out, it'll probably melt, even though it's not expected to get over freezing today.
    Have a good day, everyone....be careful out there. :)
  • RogerToo
    Haha....not looking forward to the snow...no.
    My husband bought some Bolt House yogurt dressings...they come in a lot of flavors. I usually don't eat bottled dressing, but those are really good once in a while....if you're looking for something different. :)
    Good morning!
    There's snow!...not much, but enough to cover the roads and sidewalks. May go out and push it off the driveway and sidewalk. If the sun comes out, it'll probably melt, even though it's not expected to get over freezing today.
    Have a good day, everyone....be careful out there. :)

Hi Vix
    If I said I am not adventurous in my eating and do not often change things. The light snow we had earlier melted off of things once the Sun came up so You could get lucky :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi
    Yesterday was sooo hectic. Neighbor gave me a new roll top desk he got from one of his rentals. I always wanted one of those. Then I did some heavy cleaning in the cat room. My microwave didn't come until after dinner. Three days was a nice change of pace for outside meals. Thought it was broken but it ended up just missing a rubber foot I got from my old one. This morning the neighbor changed and put together my computer with the desk. I originally had my sleep doctor appointment today but he called and canceled. Good thing. I'm bushed. Mammogram tomorrow. Hope the growth hasn't changed and no new one.

Roger, living down here your blood thins and you feel the cold a lot more. When I was going to college a girl from Alaska came down. She said that the cold was so much more noticeable than the temp would lead to believe. I couldn't take your temps. I'd live next to the fireplace and look like an Article explorer when I went out.

Sorry to be so mouthy.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    I did push the snow off this morning, but it was no biggie....very light, the sun got whatever I missed.
    Went out and bought some picture frames on sale at AC Moore, so I have plenty of frames for my art work for now.
    Some are saying we're getting a blizzard this weekend, 24-30inches...I hope not. The weather channel is showing less, 8-12 inches. We'll see.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    What I posted in another message, just being lazy and reposting here in case anyone was curious about the new food items :)

Hi
    It was somewhat cold out this morning, 15 degrees when I walked by the bank that has a time & temperature display. Snow is supposed to start around midnight according to the latest weather forecast so I may not be out walking tomorrow :) They are predicting 6 to 12 inches where I am in todays forecast, Blizzard conditions too. :(

I have now tried three of the new NS food items now.
    The Bacon, Egg, Cheese Muffin 5* I did over microwave it which made the bacon slightly tough :(

The Sweet & Salty Snack Mix 4*, I dinged it due to not being particularly Sweet or Salty, OTOH I did like the Nuts in it so I will reorder it. This could be replicated at a lower cost, I just need to scale the components.

The Vanilla Shortbread Sticks 5*, Crunchy but tasty and a decent portion size.

Coming up in todays menu are the Chocolate Chip Dough bar for lunch, The Smoky BBQ Snack Rounds and the Apple Pecan Bites as my Snack/Dessert.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Hi
    Yesterday was sooo hectic. Neighbor gave me a new roll top desk he got from one of his rentals. I always wanted one of those. Then I did some heavy cleaning in the cat room. My microwave didn't come until after dinner. Three days was a nice change of pace for outside meals. Thought it was broken but it ended up just missing a rubber foot I got from my old one. This morning the neighbor changed and put together my computer with the desk. I originally had my sleep doctor appointment today but he called and canceled. Good thing. I'm bushed. Mammogram tomorrow. Hope the growth hasn't changed and no new one.

Roger, living down here your blood thins and you feel the cold a lot more. When I was going to college a girl from Alaska came down. She said that the cold was so much more noticeable than the temp would lead to believe. I couldn't take your temps. I'd live next to the fireplace and look like an Article explorer when I went out.

Sorry to be so mouthy.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    We have a old drop front writing desk. When the writing surface which doubles as the door is closed it is pretty compact too. Strangely enough we have a cabinet which has the same type of door as a roll-top desk would have but they come out of the sides and meet in the middle. I suspect it was designed for a kitchen. However the round front lets us put it by the door into the back bedroom next to a tall storage cabinet and still have plenty of room for going past it.

No problem verbose is better than terse :)

Some mornings I feel like an arctic explorer when I go out withe the layers and Hoodie pulled tight around the face.

I think I would call the maker of the MW and ask them to send You a new foot and register Your displeasure with their Quality Control process.

Good Luck at the doctor
    Roger
    Hi all.
    I did push the snow off this morning, but it was no biggie....very light, the sun got whatever I missed.
    Went out and bought some picture frames on sale at AC Moore, so I have plenty of frames for my art work for now.
    Some are saying we're getting a blizzard this weekend, 24-30inches...I hope not. The weather channel is showing less, 8-12 inches. We'll see.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Vix
    More snow for You, ouch.

less snow for us according to the forecast, I hope they got it right. First they were saying around midnight, then as the week progressed yesterday morning they were saying arriving mid morning Saturday and then this morning back to arriving around midnight :)

Hopefully the weather channel is right for Your are
    Roger
  • eku0
    The snow just started here.
    Nice that you got a new desk Lynmar. :)
    Roger...I hope this moves through faster and doesn't drop as much as they say it will! Mostly I hope the power stays up!
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Just a short note to tell you two to stay warm and tell you I'll be thinking about you and hoping you don't get much of the white stuff.

Postponed my Dr as we had rain and storm alerts all day today.

Take care
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Well, it's definitely over a foot and still going strong. Hubs said he may go out later with the machine. I may try getting some of the snow off the deck if the wind stops blowing so hard, now it would just all blow into the house. Don't want all that wet on the wood floor! It's making nice big drifts too. Would be kid snow heaven. :) I remember tunneling through when we were kids, building snow forts, sledding, etc.
    For now, I'm glad I'm inside with a nice hot cup of coffee.
    Have a good day....stay warm, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am going with the 13 inches being close to correct, I also measured that in the flat part of the driveway between my brothers car and the street. Earlier we watched a OEM vehicle sitting out in the street, eventually he ticketed a car parked across the street. Ordinance is no parking on the street for snow removal.
    The Apple Pecan Bites were tasty 4.5*
    the Chocolate Chip Dough lunch bar was somewhat disappointing due to not being what I was expecting, 3* for that reason. However I could see others liking it and it is one of the lower calorie lunches. one of the Chicken Soups is lower however no real texture to the soup so...
    Roger
    The snow just started here.
    Nice that you got a new desk Lynmar. :)
    Roger...I hope this moves through faster and doesn't drop as much as they say it will! Mostly I hope the power stays up!

Hi Vix
    It does seem to have sped up, however concurrent with that it seems to be more over the state than originally forecast as they upped the snow totals. We are in the 16 to 24 inch area on the snowfall maps today. Yesterday we were on the border of the 12 inch area.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi

Just a short note to tell you two to stay warm and tell you I'll be thinking about you and hoping you don't get much of the white stuff.

Postponed my Dr as we had rain and storm alerts all day today.

Take care

Hi Lynmar
    I wore my insulated boots that replace shoes and a Hoodie with my Frogg Toggs Jacket as a windbreaker and Brown Jersey gloves inside of Leather work gloves left over from the 90s so I was comfortable. Plus we only were outside 1/2 hour+, Why try and do it all at once when it is still falling and drifting.

Good Idea why take a risk driving if not necessary
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Well, it's definitely over a foot and still going strong. Hubs said he may go out later with the machine. I may try getting some of the snow off the deck if the wind stops blowing so hard, now it would just all blow into the house. Don't want all that wet on the wood floor! It's making nice big drifts too. Would be kid snow heaven. :) I remember tunneling through when we were kids, building snow forts, sledding, etc.
    For now, I'm glad I'm inside with a nice hot cup of coffee.
    Have a good day....stay warm, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I remember doing that as a Kid too. I enjoyed sitting inside watching the storm coverage on the TV drinking my coffee too.

Have a Good Safe Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hubs is out there with the snow blower. We're probably about halfway through the storm, but it's already about 20", and he thought it would be better to do it a bit at a time.
    This is the panda at the Nat'l zoo, enjoying the day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAziefEaepk
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Sorry you two are getting so much snow. Stay warm.

Roger, OEM? What' that?

Stayed home and rested again. I think I have a bladder infection.

We're getting our coldest weather of the season tonight. 30's. Just to tell you how weird this weather is my dog's breed usually blows coat once a year when it goes from warm to cool. So far he is on his fourth blow. Back up to 80 later this week so ...who knows.

Stay well. Take care.
  • eku0
    We've got about 3 feet (some 5-6 foot drifts)....looks like it may have stopped....finally...Yay!
    I made some veggie soup.
    Hope you're feeling better, Lynmar.
    Hope you're doing ok, Roger.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)