Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,348 Member
    I do take some supplements, and get a variety of foods (lots of veggies, some fruit, some protein...eggs, fish, meat, nuts, occasional cheese). I get a little off track sometimes and have a couple of jelly beans or too many nuts, or something and that throws me off. My diet is my big experiment to try and heal myself. I can do 1200 cals if I'm really careful and get enough exercise for maintenance, but I'd really like to start losing weight again. I think that would also help my joints.
    Raining pretty hard here today.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi

Roger, to get my ice cream in I usually have the Breyer's sugar free ice cream. Between 90 and 120 calories. I can't get NS food any more since I'm not a member.
    Yes, hematoma is a blood clot under the skin but mine isn't really small. 2"x 1/2".

E, hope you get over the hunger. Hard to not eat a lot when you're that way. I've been eating a lot of celery sticks on the antibiotic since I needed to keep something on my stomach. Good roughage too.

Had my mammeo today. Still tired from yesterday.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Lots of veggies, Lynmar....I also keep sugar free ice pops for a treat, only 15 calories each.
    Get some rest.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Off to painting/drawing class this morning.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    I do take some supplements, and get a variety of foods (lots of veggies, some fruit, some protein...eggs, fish, meat, nuts, occasional cheese). I get a little off track sometimes and have a couple of jelly beans or too many nuts, or something and that throws me off. My diet is my big experiment to try and heal myself. I can do 1200 cals if I'm really careful and get enough exercise for maintenance, but I'd really like to start losing weight again. I think that would also help my joints.
    Raining pretty hard here today.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
    Lots of veggies, Lynmar....I also keep sugar free ice pops for a treat, only 15 calories each.
    Get some rest.
    Have a good night, everyone.
    Good morning!
    Off to painting/drawing class this morning.

Hi Vix
    I am pretty sure based on personal experience and research Via the Internet that losing weight helps joints in the lower half of the body.

It appears that the Sun is being shy bout showing itself today. The Weather Forecast says sunny this afternoon, however currently it is darker outside than it was earlier. Possible snow and or rain tomorrow. Depends on where in NJ You reside.

I have been using Altoids as a snack treat in the evening and the Mount Olive brand no sugar added Sweet Gherkins and the Vlassic No sugar added Bread & Butter Spears, Both of the pickles show 0 calories per serving. In Reality according to the feds any calories under 5 calories per serving can be called zero on the nutrition label :)

Enjoy the Class
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Roger, to get my ice cream in I usually have the Breyer's sugar free ice cream. Between 90 and 120 calories. I can't get NS food any more since I'm not a member.
    Yes, hematoma is a blood clot under the skin but mine isn't really small. 2"x 1/2".

E, hope you get over the hunger. Hard to not eat a lot when you're that way. I've been eating a lot of celery sticks on the antibiotic since I needed to keep something on my stomach. Good roughage too.

Had my mammeo today. Still tired from yesterday.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I think even non members can order from NS via A La Carte. sadly that means no Auto Delivery discounts or free shipping. However $50 of frozen A La Carte shows free shipping. Toss in the NS Gift cards from CostCo and save 20% regularly, More if (When) they ever put them on sale this year.

Good Luck With The Mammogram
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Yesterday on my way to the lab I heard a weatherman say it might beat our record for high temp. My car said 83. Tomorrow it won't get up to 70. Today I heard we might still have two freezes this year. Weird weather from El Nino.

E, I think it's Nestle Outshine??that I like to cool off.

Roger, I think I have some gift certificates lying around somewhere. The thing I liked about NS is they always had a good protein amount in everything.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Lynmar...those look good! I'll have to check for them in the supermarket.
    Roger, it was cloudy most of the day, but the sunset tonight was stunning! Because of the clouds, there were great stripes of pink and gold, and gray and purplish blue/gray.
    Had spaghetti squash for dinner...that was good, with a little butter and parmesan, it was almost like eating pasta. :)
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Back from zumba and sauna, out of the shower....the rest of the day should be easy. Sun is coming out and just have some errands to run.
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

Yesterday on my way to the lab I heard a weatherman say it might beat our record for high temp. My car said 83. Tomorrow it won't get up to 70. Today I heard we might still have two freezes this year. Weird weather from El Nino.

E, I think it's Nestle Outshine??that I like to cool off.

Roger, I think I have some gift certificates lying around somewhere. The thing I liked about NS is they always had a good protein amount in everything.

Have a good day.

Hi
    I think I went nuts this morning :)
    Currently it is snowing, started around 6AM, I got fully dressed in rain gear and Insulated Shoe replacement boots and went out walking around 7:15. I will say that the walking was not bad due to staying on a route where the sidewalks had been cleaned and dry from the previous snow. 8200+ steps I was back home around 9:10. My guess that the walking would be good with traction from the snow was proven correct :)

Your weather sounds better :)

Not to mention much of their food is tasty enough for me. And Lower sodium than most Grocery Store prepared foods too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Lynmar...those look good! I'll have to check for them in the supermarket.
    Roger, it was cloudy most of the day, but the sunset tonight was stunning! Because of the clouds, there were great stripes of pink and gold, and gray and purplish blue/gray.
    Had spaghetti squash for dinner...that was good, with a little butter and parmesan, it was almost like eating pasta. :)
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I have also heard of People using a Tomato sauce on those too.

Butter & Parmesan sounds good too, just a little high in calories depending on the amount.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    I can't have tomato sauce. I used whipped butter which is only 17 calories a tsp. and about a tblsp of parmesan and some black pepper. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Staying home today. My neighbor is working on my roof so I can change homeowners insurance to an agent closer to me. Long story. Then I need a 4 point inspection and can get insurance when mine expires the end of this month. Really 3 point since I don't have central air.

Accidentally got V8Splash instead of v8v-fusion so don't have juice until my next order.:(
    Didn't want to throw it away. I hate to waste food. Gave it to one of the people that works at Subway. He has kids that like it.

E, sounds yummy. I like almost anything parmesan.

Roger, I like their stuff too. I just discovered their slow kettle cooked soups. They're great. Several are Cajun or southwest which is one of my favorites.

Have a good day.

• RogerToo
    I can't have tomato sauce. I used whipped butter which is only 17 calories a tsp. and about a tblsp of parmesan and some black pepper. :)

Hi Vix
    I would miss Tomato sauce & ketchup.

I do like a Butter sauce with some grated cheese as an alternative however.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi

Staying home today. My neighbor is working on my roof so I can change homeowners insurance to an agent closer to me. Long story. Then I need a 4 point inspection and can get insurance when mine expires the end of this month. Really 3 point since I don't have central air.

Accidentally got V8Splash instead of v8v-fusion so don't have juice until my next order.:(
    Didn't want to throw it away. I hate to waste food. Gave it to one of the people that works at Subway. He has kids that like it.

E, sounds yummy. I like almost anything parmesan.

Roger, I like their stuff too. I just discovered their slow kettle cooked soups. They're great. Several are Cajun or southwest which is one of my favorites.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    When We got the Homeowners on this house a couple of years ago, they evidently came measured the outside, checked distance to the fire hydrant and did a external visual inspection and were done. We never saw them or had them in the house.

That stinks buying the wrong thing like that. I have donated several food items due to that sort of thing myself.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Roger, I do miss ketchup and tomato sauce and salsa! I used to use them on/in just about everything. That and peppers, used to use a lot of hot peppers and sauces/powders to spice things up.
    On the bright side, my digestive system is working better without the grains and nightshades. :)
    I'm back down to my lowest weight for a while (after my little detour), and am back on track for weight loss.
    It's frosty out this morning, but the sun is shining. No plans for today, but there are some household things I need to do.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Roger, I do miss ketchup and tomato sauce and salsa! I used to use them on/in just about everything. That and peppers, used to use a lot of hot peppers and sauces/powders to spice things up.
    On the bright side, my digestive system is working better without the grains and nightshades. :)
    I'm back down to my lowest weight for a while (after my little detour), and am back on track for weight loss.
    It's frosty out this morning, but the sun is shining. No plans for today, but there are some household things I need to do.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    So the Nightshades were affecting you as I suspected they might. Tough diet without them and grains however. I would be devastated to lose them in my diet as they are in so many things.

Congratulations on getting back on track back to Your lowest weight too, Yea!

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

E, congrats on the weight!
    I don't think I could survive without grains. I use tomatoe sauce on almost everything. Can't stand raw tomatoe. I don't have much sense of taste but can't stand the texture. Mix it with something or in a sandwich and I love it. More power to you!
    I thought about you at lunch today when I watched the last Face Off on my VCR.

Roger, I don't think I've had my electric or water inspected except when I bought the house. Everything seems to be fine though.

Got the soffits pulled and new lumber bought and it started raining. My neighbor knows what he's doing so I'll let him decide when to replace them after the lumber dries.

Supposed to be down in the 40's tomorrow night. I'm still wearing cap sleeves right now.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    My weight seems to be doing the bouncing thing again....at least it's trending lower! :smiley: I know I need to tweak the diet a little more and I need to be really careful about the calories...I went a little over yesterday and it shows up immediately on the scale. :*
    I made butternut squash soup again last night. I like it a lot.
    Looks like it will be a fairly sunny day and a little warmer later. Yay! (ha-ha, Lynmar, here it's yay...it will be up in the 40s.)
    Happy Sunday. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

E, congrats on the weight!
    I don't think I could survive without grains. I use tomatoe sauce on almost everything. Can't stand raw tomatoe. I don't have much sense of taste but can't stand the texture. Mix it with something or in a sandwich and I love it. More power to you!
    I thought about you at lunch today when I watched the last Face Off on my VCR.

Roger, I don't think I've had my electric or water inspected except when I bought the house. Everything seems to be fine though.

Got the soffits pulled and new lumber bought and it started raining. My neighbor knows what he's doing so I'll let him decide when to replace them after the lumber dries.

Supposed to be down in the 40's tomorrow night. I'm still wearing cap sleeves right now.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I was somewhat surprised they did not enter the house, but that did make it easier.

I have a nice VCR however I am only using it to capture old tapes that will probably never be released on DVD or BluRay. Things such as the HBO Specials from the 80s. I capture them into the computer and then encode them onto DVD. No sense encoding to BluRay as the quality is not good enough to make it worth the trouble to do and the BluRay Blank Disks are more expensive than DVD too.

One thing to keep in mind is that water heaters have a finite life and are one cause of flooding in a house along with Washing machine hose failures.
    That is why for the Washer I am using hoses that have a steel braid outer skin and a auto shut off feature if the hose should burst built into them.

Your lows are where my high temperatures are running currently. Yesterdays high in NYC was 40 degrees.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    My weight seems to be doing the bouncing thing again....at least it's trending lower! :smiley: I know I need to tweak the diet a little more and I need to be really careful about the calories...I went a little over yesterday and it shows up immediately on the scale. :*
    I made butternut squash soup again last night. I like it a lot.
    Looks like it will be a fairly sunny day and a little warmer later. Yay! (ha-ha, Lynmar, here it's yay...it will be up in the 40s.)
    Happy Sunday. :)

Hi Vix
    I do weight daily and I know my weight bounces around, as a result I can see why they recommend weighing once a week.The important thing is the trend. as long as it trends lower I do not worry the little speed bumps in loss.

Have a Really nice day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Thanks, you too. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

On my cell since my tablet has an almost dead battery :(

E, it's the trend that counts. :)
    I liked the cold better when I could walk or exercise to get warm. Will never forget how much I loved the late Oct mists hiking the forests in Kentucky.

Roger, I call it a VCR but it's actually the box from U-Verse. I record the shows I like and can watch them at my leisure. :) Also, get to fast forward thru commercials that way.

Busy afternoon. Did my grocery pick up then got recycles and garbage out for tomorrow am. About 10 loads with the large cardboard boxes that had been out in the rain. Wet cardboard is heavy, specially the ones 44lb dog food came in.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    That sounds like a lot of work Lynmar. I'm achy today, went to yoga, even that was tough, had to modify a lot of it.
    It's sunny here now, expecting snow tonight and tomorrow, so will get out some while I can. :)