Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,348 Member
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi

Congrats on the weights you two.

Made it through ok though I did hear about a car on an interstate near here that was picked up and deposited in the opposing lane. :o

Only got to 67 today. That's what we've had for lows. To be low 50's tonight. Sun never did come out today like they said it would but at least little or no rain.

Have a good weekend.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Glad you made it through the storm, Lynmar. :)
    Congrats on the weight loss, Roger! You are zipping along. :)
    Nice sunny day, supposed to get up to 40F. They are finally working on clearing our roads!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »

Hi Vix
    I wish I was getting a good night sleep, I'm not sure why I am not, wish me luck.
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Congrats on the weights you two.

Made it through OK though I did hear about a car on an interstate near here that was picked up and deposited in the opposing lane. :o

Only got to 67 today. That's what we've had for lows. To be low 50's tonight. Sun never did come out today like they said it would but at least little or no rain.

Have a good weekend.
    Hi Lynmar
    Congratulations on coming through OK.

Your weather is worse than I have, OTOH Your temperatures are not to bad IMO :)

That would be extremely scary to in a car that happened to.

Enjoy Your day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, sorry you're not sleeping well. Have you tried melatonin, 3 mg....that's the last thing my Doc recommended. I keep forgetting, but it worked pretty well the last time I took it. :)
  • Lynmar101
    edited January 2016
    Hi

Roger, like E suggested, try the melatonin. When I used to take it it worked well for me.
    Hope you sleep better. Not sleeping is the pits. :(

E, I'm glad they're finally getting to your roads.

IMHO this weather is why so many down here are getting colds. Only 20+/- difference in temps but going back and forth from highs of 80's to highs of 60's is a big variation. Today 60's. 80's in two days.

With all that wind I had to get my neighbor over to get a big shopping bag of his papaya fruits that had blown over to my yard. Fortunately the dogs only got to a couple first. It's ok for them except they pig out on them and then won't eat their food.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    edited January 2016
    Hi Lynmar,
    I don't remember eating papayas...what do they taste like? Glad it doesn't make the pups sick, that would be a fiasco!
    The roads are clear. I got a new cabinet for my study at TJMaxx...it was a great bargain, but it's missing 2 of the shelf holders so I'll have to go to the hardware store to find replacements. It was such a good deal, this is not a problem. My daughter and son-in-law got it into the house for us. They are so sweet.
    I'm making some butternut squash soup. I'm not following a recipe! haha. So wish me luck. :)
    P.S. mmmmmmmmmm....the soup is good! yum.
  • eku0
    Good morning! Happy Sunday!
    Sunshine and it's supposed to go up to 50F today. Yay!
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am now back from the grocery store where I bought some Light & Fit Greek 4 packs @$3.33 and some Atkins Dinner Entrees to try and Jimmy Dean Delights using coupons, Coupons on the Yougurts if over $7 hence the 3 @ $3.33, it was the four packs or the 10 for $10 and that made the four packs a lot cheaper. Then Some No Sugar Added Vlasic Bread & Butter Spears on sale @ $1.99, Shoprite Frozen Vegetables @ $0.88 and $1.50 off coupon if $6, $0.75 coupon for Breakstone Cottage cheese, Total on sale savings + Coupon was $22.39.
    Hi

Roger, like E suggested, try the melatonin. When I used to take it it worked well for me.
    Hope you sleep better. Not sleeping is the pits. :(

E, I'm glad they're finally getting to your roads.

IMHO this weather is why so many down here are getting colds. Only 20+/- difference in temps but going back and forth from highs of 80's to highs of 60's is a big variation. Today 60's. 80's in two days.

With all that wind I had to get my neighbor over to get a big shopping bag of his papaya fruits that had blown over to my yard. Fortunately the dogs only got to a couple first. It's ok for them except they pig out on them and then won't eat their food.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I do have some Melatonin I could try, I hope it isn't too old :)

Is it Papayas that are used as a meat tenderizer sometimes? What I remember is that both they and Mangos run right through me, A Shame since I do like them.

Big Temperature swings can be a problem.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Roger, sorry you're not sleeping well. Have you tried melatonin, 3 mg....that's the last thing my Doc recommended. I keep forgetting, but it worked pretty well the last time I took it. :)
    Hi Lynmar,
    I don't remember eating papayas...what do they taste like? Glad it doesn't make the pups sick, that would be a fiasco!
    The roads are clear. I got a new cabinet for my study at TJMaxx...it was a great bargain, but it's missing 2 of the shelf holders so I'll have to go to the hardware store to find replacements. It was such a good deal, this is not a problem. My daughter and son-in-law got it into the house for us. They are so sweet.
    I'm making some butternut squash soup. I'm not following a recipe! haha. So wish me luck. :)
    P.S. mmmmmmmmmm....the soup is good! yum.
    Good morning! Happy Sunday!
    Sunshine and it's supposed to go up to 50F today. Yay!

Hi Vix
    How did the soup turn out? Hopefully better than when my brother made bread with no recipe, it rose and looked like bread, however very bland and essentially no real taste when I sampled it. He being how he is used it anyway.

It seems You are easier going than I, If it was new and not clearance final sale I would have been back to them for missing items or complained to the maker :)

BTW You can call me cheap or frugal or thrifty or a penny pincher, I'm easy that Way

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, the cabinet was $299. Hubs saw it online for $1200! I suppose I could have gone back and asked if they had the shelf holders, but picked some up this morning (a little different, but they work) for $1.82 for a pack of 12. I too am thrifty/cheap/frugal. :wink:
    Love the sales and bargains. :)
    The soup turned out really well. Just had a cup of leftover with my salad for lunch.
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Fighting sleep again :(

Try to catch up tomorrow. Late afternoon go for an ultrasound for a lump on my leg.

E, *love* butternut squash. If I send you my address can you mail me some soup?

Take care. Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Awww, Lynmar, hope you're feeling better. Is the melatonin not working, or do you forget to take it (like me). I actually took a diazapam about 2 a.m. last night, because things were hurting that don't normally hurt. I'm doing better this morning. Good luck with your ultrasound. Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Would love to send you some soup, but I'm sure it wouldn't make it! It is fairly simple to make. I didn't have a recipe, and I'm sure you could use other ingredients if you don't have these on hand.
    I put about 1 TBLsp of coconut oil in a large pot, chopped up 1 onion, had most of a butternut squash that I had tried cooking in the microwave, but still a little hard, peeled and chopped into about 1 inch cubes, 1 garlic clove minced, 1 piece of fresh ginger minced (about a tsp or so), cooked that til everything seemed soft. Meanwhile, 4 gluten free chicken boullion cubes in 4 cups of boiling water. Added that to the pot and let it cook for a while. Then put in a big splash of almond/cashew vanilla milk...probably 1/2-3/4 cup (25 cals/cup). Let it cook for a few minutes, then turned it off and used my immersion blender to smooth it. Served with fresh ground black pepper. It was kind of gingery, but I like that.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

Fighting sleep again :(

Try to catch up tomorrow. Late afternoon go for an ultrasound for a lump on my leg.

E, *love* butternut squash. If I send you my address can you mail me some soup?

Take care. Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I hope that lump is nothing serious.

I hope the sleepies go away soon
    Roger
    Roger, the cabinet was $299. Hubs saw it online for $1200! I suppose I could have gone back and asked if they had the shelf holders, but picked some up this morning (a little different, but they work) for $1.82 for a pack of 12. I too am thrifty/cheap/frugal. :wink:
    Love the sales and bargains. :)
    The soup turned out really well. Just had a cup of leftover with my salad for lunch.

Hi Vix
    That does sound like a substantial savings, $900 :)
    For a $1.82 I agree it isn't worth the bother.
    Good morning!
    Awww, Lynmar, hope you're feeling better. Is the melatonin not working, or do you forget to take it (like me). I actually took a diazapam about 2 a.m. last night, because things were hurting that don't normally hurt. I'm doing better this morning. Good luck with your ultrasound. Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Would love to send you some soup, but I'm sure it wouldn't make it! It is fairly simple to make. I didn't have a recipe, and I'm sure you could use other ingredients if you don't have these on hand.
    I put about 1 TBLsp of coconut oil in a large pot, chopped up 1 onion, had most of a butternut squash that I had tried cooking in the microwave, but still a little hard, peeled and chopped into about 1 inch cubes, 1 garlic clove minced, 1 piece of fresh ginger minced (about a tsp or so), cooked that til everything seemed soft. Meanwhile, 4 gluten free chicken boullion cubes in 4 cups of boiling water. Added that to the pot and let it cook for a while. Then put in a big splash of almond/cashew vanilla milk...probably 1/2-3/4 cup (25 cals/cup). Let it cook for a few minutes, then turned it off and used my immersion blender to smooth it. Served with fresh ground black pepper. It was kind of gingery, but I like that.

You seem to be a good cook, I OTOH am a impatient type, Which was one of the causes of my weight gain over the years. Chinese take out, Pizza, Texas Weiner, Eating at the Diner and of course McDonalds, Wendys and Burger King, Plus snacks and Dunkin Donuts Bagels & Donuts on the way to work.

One thing NutriSystem really needs to have is a good donut, not that shelf stable thing they sell. It only become edible if heated in the Microwave or Dunked in Coffee.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    I never really got into fast food, except for pizza and ice cream. :) I can still have the occasional ice cream. :) I've had to watch my diet for as long as I can remember, and only had a very few periods in my life when I didn't....for which I severely paid in huge amounts of weight gain. I will still occasionally have a bite of something I shouldn't, but I think I've got it to where it's not going overboard. I would love a bite of donut! haha...one of these days when I really need it.
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

E, I hope you feel better.
    Papaya tastes kind of like mango is what they say although I don't care for mango but like papaya. Go figure. :)
    I'm like Roger. Fixing NS foods was the most cooking I had done in a while. I know you would send me some soup if you could and appreciate it. :)
    I don't take the melatonin any more. Now that I have narcolepsy I have to take a prescription drug. That's the one that costs over $1000 each time I get it. Thank goodness I have a grant that pays for it.

Roger, sounds like you got a good deal on food the other day.
    Hope you're feeling ok.

Gotta go get dressed for my ultrasound. At least with the new insurance I can go anywhere in network.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Yikes, Lynmar...so many conditions...hugs, hope you're feeling better. Hope your ultrasound went well, hope the doctors can help.
    I'm fine. Took 2 Alleve last night. I really think I retain fluids when I take them. I always weigh more the next morning! But I guess it's ok once in a while.
    I've got clay co-op today. That's always fun.
  • RogerToo
    I never really got into fast food, except for pizza and ice cream. :) I can still have the occasional ice cream. :) I've had to watch my diet for as long as I can remember, and only had a very few periods in my life when I didn't....for which I severely paid in huge amounts of weight gain. I will still occasionally have a bite of something I shouldn't, but I think I've got it to where it's not going overboard. I would love a bite of donut! haha...one of these days when I really need it.

Hi Vix
    Lucky You to not care for fast food. As far as Pizzas go, we were getting the 24" with 1/2 Pepperoni and 1/2 Bacon toppings and overeating with them.

I love the Haagan Daz I Creams, Al natural ingredients and fruits for flavors and a dense Ice Cream to boot. As an example here is the ingredient list for the Strawberry Ice Cream
    Cream, Skim milk, Strawberries, Sugar, Egg Yolks

I have been working in the lower calorie Dunkin Donuts that I get free with the Extra Large Coffee using my AARP card. For example the French Cruller and the Glazed Donut are both 260 calories. I can work them into my days calories :)
    Good morning!
    Yikes, Lynmar...so many conditions...hugs, hope you're feeling better. Hope your ultrasound went well, hope the doctors can help.
    I'm fine. Took 2 Alleve last night. I really think I retain fluids when I take them. I always weigh more the next morning! But I guess it's ok once in a while.
    I've got clay co-op today. That's always fun.

I hate it when I have something that makes me retain water :)
    My Weight was up this morning, However I knew it would be it always goes up the 2nd day after I have something I should not have had. In this it was a End Cut Roast Prime Rib at the Diner, with Cream of Turkey Soup, French Fries and a small wedge of Carrot Cake. The Cake is included in the price so... I did Salt the Prime Rib lightly for taste and have it for lunch and Dinner :)

Monday I was at the same weight as Sunday Mornings weigh in as I expected and then up teh second day as expected :(

I had been missing having a slice for many, many months and now I'm over it :)

Enjoy Your Clay Class
    Roger
    Hi

E, I hope you feel better.
    Papaya tastes kind of like mango is what they say although I don't care for mango but like papaya. Go figure. :)
    I'm like Roger. Fixing NS foods was the most cooking I had done in a while. I know you would send me some soup if you could and appreciate it. :)
    I don't take the melatonin any more. Now that I have narcolepsy I have to take a prescription drug. That's the one that costs over $1000 each time I get it. Thank goodness I have a grant that pays for it.

Roger, sounds like you got a good deal on food the other day.
    Hope you're feeling ok.

Gotta go get dressed for my ultrasound. At least with the new insurance I can go anywhere in network.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I'm a lazy cook and my brother OTOH cooks every day from Breakfast through Dinner :)

You are so Lucky with the grant, that is the kind of money that would make me have to do without. Mom had the PAAD from the state of NJ where and prescription cost $5. A good deal too.

I would hate not being able to go to anywhere that take Medicare, IE No network.

Call me cheap or call me frugal but I love a bargain.
    Time to run and fold the laundry while it is warm, I just heard the Dryers First Buzzer.

have a Nice Day and Good Luck with the Ultrasound
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

The radiologist came in to talk to me after the ultrasound. He feels that it is just a hematoma and wants me to have another ultrasound in about 6 weeks to make sure it is getting smaller.

E, glad you're feeling better.

Roger, the Haagen Daz sounds good but a little too rich for my 1200 calorie day. :(

Last day on antibiotics. Hurray!

Did a lot of heavy work today that I shouldn't have.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Take it easy, Lynmar....don't do things you're not supposed to!
    Glad you're getting better. :)
    Roger, I've been hungry lately...that's not good...gotta get back on track with the lower calories. :/ 1000 seems the best place for me....1200-1300, I start gaining.
    Off to the gym in a few minutes.
  • RogerToo
    Hi

The radiologist came in to talk to me after the ultrasound. He feels that it is just a hematoma and wants me to have another ultrasound in about 6 weeks to make sure it is getting smaller.

E, glad you're feeling better.

Roger, the Haagen Daz sounds good but a little too rich for my 1200 calorie day. :(

Last day on antibiotics. Hurray!

Did a lot of heavy work today that I shouldn't have.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    Hematoma would be a small blood clot under the skin?

It is rich, however I hope to be able to work some in when I hit Goal by reducing other things that day. For example using the Strawberry nutrition info below I should be able to work it into my maintenance plan. I sort of miss having a really good Ice Cream.
    amount per serving
    serving size: 1/2 Cup
    calories: 240
    %DV*
    total fat 15(g) 23%
    saturated fat 9(g) 45%
    trans fat 0.5(g)
    cholesterol 75(mg) 25%
    sodium 45(mg) 2%
    total carbohydrates 22(g) 7%
    dietary fiber 0(g) 0%
    sugars 20(g)
    protein 4(g)

vitamin A 10% vitamin C 15% calcium 10% iron 0%

For what its worth the NS Ice Cream Sandwich is pretty good, I think they reformulated it and the Chocolate Brownie Sundae. The Chocolate Brownie Sundae is also tasty but not very big
    and is now a lot higher calorie count than it used to be and is 190 calories.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Take it easy, Lynmar....don't do things you're not supposed to!
    Glad you're getting better. :)
    Roger, I've been hungry lately...that's not good...gotta get back on track with the lower calories. :/ 1000 seems the best place for me....1200-1300, I start gaining.
    Off to the gym in a few minutes.

Hi Vix
    I agree feeling hungry can make You eat to much or the wrong things. Good Luck beating that. 1000 calories and I'd be starving :)

Are Getting all Your Vitamins and Minerals? the Hunger could be Your body saying I'm missing something in my diet.

Good Luck
    Roger