Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,348 Member
    Good morning!
    Looks like a great day for walking Roger. It's already in the 40s here and going up to the 60s. :)
    Thanks, the cold is pretty well gone...I've got that figured out...if I take zinc and echinacea when it starts, it pretty much gets rid of it quickly. :)
    Enjoy the weekend! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Vix
    It was 40 degrees when I got up and most likely slightly higher when I left the house at 7:25AM. It [underline]was[/underline] a god morning for a walk. The colder it is the more my nose runs from the cold so this morning was nice for two reasons, I was able to go a longer time between clearing my nose and my hands did not get chilled doing it. TMI?

I love the weather forecast for the weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited February 2016
    S'OK. haha. I need to get out for a while...feeling lazy, just doing some laundry and reading. Should enjoy the nicer weather while it's here. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi

Thank you.

E, hope the cold stays light.

Roger, I think it was sausage and turkey I favored. Sausage and something.

Took animals down south to vet again yesterday. So tired I just came home and zoned out until bedtime.

They found a spot on my last mammogram . I have to have another one on that spot and an ultrasound week after next.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Good luck, Lynmar...hope your next tests come out better. If there is something, it's better to find it sooner rather than later. It's probably good for you to get as much rest as possible.
    It was fun seeing friends last night...got home very late so didn't get enough sleep, but will go to bed earlier tonight to make up for it. :)
    Going up into the 50s today and rain is expected. Not too bad. My son and his GF are probably stopping by later, so that will be really nice to see them. :)
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did get out walking and extended my distance somewhat, 8.5K steps, no money :) The Weather is still nice outside, Rain in the forecast to move in by late afternoon or evening into early Monday Morning.

I'll be heading off to the Acme later for the case water that is on sale and to look at the lean Cuisine that is on sale to see if it works On Plan for NS.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    S'OK. haha. I need to get out for a while...feeling lazy, just doing some laundry and reading. Should enjoy the nicer weather while it's here. :)
    Good morning!
    Good luck, Lynmar...hope your next tests come out better. If there is something, it's better to find it sooner rather than later. It's probably good for you to get as much rest as possible.
    It was fun seeing friends last night...got home very late so didn't get enough sleep, but will go to bed earlier tonight to make up for it. :)
    Going up into the 50s today and rain is expected. Not too bad. My son and his GF are probably stopping by later, so that will be really nice to see them. :)
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    You should still have nice weather for the start of the day, Enjoy it while You can.

Enjoy Your Visit
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you.

E, hope the cold stays light.

Roger, I think it was sausage and turkey I favored. Sausage and something.

Took animals down south to vet again yesterday. So tired I just came home and zoned out until bedtime.

They found a spot on my last mammogram . I have to have another one on that spot and an ultrasound week after next.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I find that I like the other flavors better than the Pepperoni & Sausage lately. Last year it was the other way around :) I also do like & use the Shelf Stable Pizzas and they can be topped easily. For Example I have Pre cooked Bacon @ 40 calories a slice I can use or I have also used a Limited Extra of Real Bacon bits. Also I have used a Sliced Pepperoni as a PF replacement too.
    a LE or PF of Low Fat Mozzarella to make a Extra Cheese slice of Pizzeria Pizza equivalent.

I hope that the vet was just a routine visit.

Good Luck on the test of that spot.
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Thanks E and Roger.

Got started on income tax today. :( If I file it on time it will be the first time in about 5 years. :* My accountant just automatically files the extension now without asking.

Roger, I never liked the ss pizzas. Don't like the bread.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Back to routine...off to yoga in a little while.
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

Thanks E and Roger.

Got started on income tax today. :( If I file it on time it will be the first time in about 5 years. :* My accountant just automatically files the extension now without asking.

Roger, I never liked the ss pizzas. Don't like the bread.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I have never filed for an extension on Income Tax, Considering that if You do Owe you must pay anyway and if You are getting a refund then I want it ASAP:)

I had several accountants as customers over the years and they seem to like to file for extensions. To me that is a downcheck BTW. I have done Income Taxes over the years as the no longer available Telefile, Online, Software, Accountant and of course 1040s that I did myself.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Back to routine...off to yoga in a little while.
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Vix
    I hope Your weather is good too, enjoy Your Yoga
    Roger
  • eku0
    The weather is great here today. High 40s, sunny and comfortable. :) Hope you enjoyed your walk, Roger. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Another rainy day. But clay co-op is an indoor activity, so OK. :)
    Keep smiling. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    TBH I am not thrilled with the forecast through Thursday morning. Already raining, if the weather co-operates I may be able to gear up and get out tomorrow between waves of rain, if not oh well I have not missed a day in a while so a day off will not kill me :)

Have Fun at the Co-Op, Clay Class or Painting?
    Roger
  • eku0
    It was clay today. :)
    Our forecast is for rain and thunderstorms through tomorrow night, warmer tomorrow though. Doesn't look like any sunshine til Saturday. Oh well.
    Have a good night. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

85 tomorrow then down to 50 overnight. Yuck! Supposed to be bad storms with possibly damaging winds and hail too. That warm makes 60 feel cool and that cold makes 70 feel warm.

Not much going on here.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Stay safe in the storms, Lynmar!
    Another gray and rainy day here.
    I'm off to the gym today. Cleaning people are coming this morning.
    I think we're supposed to get thunderstorms, but so far it's quiet rain.
    Wishing everyone a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    It was clay today. :)
    Our forecast is for rain and thunderstorms through tomorrow night, warmer tomorrow though. Doesn't look like any sunshine til Saturday. Oh well.
    Have a good night. :)
    Good morning.
    Stay safe in the storms, Lynmar!
    Another gray and rainy day here.
    I'm off to the gym today. Cleaning people are coming this morning.
    I think we're supposed to get thunderstorms, but so far it's quiet rain.
    Wishing everyone a good day. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm hoping for god weather Friday for my Costco shopping, I thought about going today however I decided why drive on slick wet roads when nothing from there is needed before Friday.

When I got to Costco I throw a Tomato Box in the trunk. That is a Cardboard Box the size of a Milk Crate with two hand holds on the end. Then I load my CostCo purchases into it to make it easy to bring in everything in one trip. Plus in the summer it helps keep the frozen and Refrigerated Cold after I throw a small blanket on top.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Hi

85 tomorrow then down to 50 overnight. Yuck! Supposed to be bad storms with possibly damaging winds and hail too. That warm makes 60 feel cool and that cold makes 70 feel warm.

Not much going on here.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    When we have high of 50 at this time of year I am happy.

Enjoy Your Warmth
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Interesting article linked here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12170702/Eat-in-the-dark-to-lose-weight-say-scientists.html
    Eat in the dark to lose weight, say scientists
    Volunteers ate nearly 10 per cent less ice-cream when blindfolded, and believed they had eaten far more.

An experiment by the University of Konstanz, in Germany, found that people who were blindfolded consumed nine per cent fewer calories before they felt full, compared to those who could see.

“This may provide an unobtrusive and naturalistic means to change the experience of eating behaviour."
    Dr Britter Renner, University of Konstanz

They also vastly overestimated how much they had eaten because they could not see how much was left on the plate. Blindfolded volunteers estimated they had eaten 88 per cent more than they actually had.

More in the article

A interesting read. For some people this may be all they need to lose weight :)

Have a Nice Day
  • Lynmar101
    Hi

Roger, guess that's how I need to eat when I'm nervous or upset. Have been pigging out lately. So far staying below my NS goal but that's about it.

Go Friday to sign insurance papers. Then maybe I'll calm down a little depending on Monday's test results.

Have a good day
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Roger, I liked the article. :)
    Lynmar, good luck with your insurance papers, and the test results on Monday. Hope you can relax a little.
    It looks like a little break in the rain for the moment, but it seems pretty windy.
    Smile...it helps brighten the day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi

Roger, guess that's how I need to eat when I'm nervous or upset. Have been pigging out lately. So far staying below my NS goal but that's about it.

Go Friday to sign insurance papers. Then maybe I'll calm down a little depending on Monday's test results.

Have a good day

Hi Lynmar
    Nervous or upset are not a good way to be when eating a meal.
    FWIW I have reviewed some lean Cuisine Dinner Entrees here with more to come if You would like a little more variety. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Good Luck with both the Insurance papers and Monday's test results
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Roger, I liked the article. :)
    Lynmar, good luck with your insurance papers, and the test results on Monday. Hope you can relax a little.
    It looks like a little break in the rain for the moment, but it seems pretty windy.
    Smile...it helps brighten the day. :)

Hi Vix
    That article seemed like a good fit to post here :)

Our Rain is finished, You only have a break in the rain?

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger