Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,348 Member
    I think we're supposed to get more rain today. It's very cloudy and windy. Looks like a few snow flurries at the moment.
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi

Thanks E and Roger.

Roger, I've had the chicken masala and liked it. I try to stay away from beef. I reserve that for the infrequent BK or Wendy's (and is that really beef at BK :o)

Rested today.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Glad you got some rest, Lynmar. :)
    Roger, we had some snow flurries yesterday....glad it was just that! :)
    Happy Friday! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks E and Roger.

Roger, I've had the chicken masala and liked it. I try to stay away from beef. I reserve that for the infrequent BK or Wendy's (and is that really beef at BK :o)

Rested today.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    If I said I have not had a Bk, Wendy's or McDonalds, I do like the Whoppers, Baconators and Big Macs FWIW since I started on Nutrisystem in January of 2014 would You believe me :)
    OTOH I did have a Roast Prime Rib recently, I ate some and brought the rest home for Dinner so I do get some beef that way.

FWIW if You like Chicken Dishes You most likely would not like the LC Favorites Chicken Fettuccini. The Sauce was good, the Pasta was good, however the chicken was a little sparse and seemed to be that formed cubes of shredded chicken as well as being somewhat rubbery.
    The Mini Review will be here i a little while, however that is the Gist of it.
    More LC reviews coming, Todays is the Chicken Fettuccine and maybe today or tomorrow I will be trying the LC Steak Portobello Dinner for lunch, at 160 calories it should work well and will make a change from the NS lunches.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    I think we're supposed to get more rain today. It's very cloudy and windy. Looks like a few snow flurries at the moment.
    Good morning!
    Glad you got some rest, Lynmar. :)
    Roger, we had some snow flurries yesterday....glad it was just that! :)
    Happy Friday! :)

Hi Vix
    We did have a few drizzles blowing against the windows Thursday but that was it, not enough to make the streets wet.

Strange, the weather was so warm here yesterday that for my walk I did not bother with a sweatshirt or Hoodie, I only wore a thin long sleeve and a not to thick flannel jacket and I did not button that for much of the walk except where I was headed into the breeze. Today is much colder however, below freezing when I left for my walk.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Went to zumba and took my car in for an airbag recall today. It's cold but sunny here...also pretty windy. Will probably go to a mall later, just to walk around somewhere not cold. :) It's supposed to warm up by Sunday. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I was pleasantly surprised that when I left the house around 7:45AM it was really not that bad out. The worst was walking into the wind gusts and even they were tolerable, not to mention that most of the route I walked the wind was at my back or sides :)

Enjoy the Mall Walking, I gather it is a popular destination and the organized groups do it there too.
    Roger
  • eku0
    The mall walk was good. My husband found some really nice sweaters on clearance at Macy's, 75% off, and because he has a Macy's card it was 25% off the final price. :) Love a bargain!
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Who doesn't love a good bargain :)
    Not me, I love a bargain!

Does that mean not to crowded?

Enjoy Your Saturday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi Roger....I'm really glad you're here. :)
    Have a good night.
  • eku0
    Good morning! Nice sunshiny day....and I think it's supposed to get warm. :)
    Happy Sunday.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    We lost so many people since NutriSystem closed their website. I still think that was and is a short-sided move on their part.

I like that You drop in here too. I'll be posting some more humorous pictures shortly :)

Supposed to be up to 60 degrees here FWIW, I say it that way as I already walked and have no plans to go out later at this time.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    We just got back from a nice long walk in the park. Haven't done that in a while. It was somewhat muddy, but the weather is gorgeous. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Very cloudy, but supposed to get up into the 50s today. Off to yoga.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Hopefully You get everything done in dry weather. I agree the weather has been OK the last few days, I hope it lasts. My only worry with muddy is slipping and falling :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    I did slip a little on one muddy spot, luckily I have pretty good balance, and I was being really careful. :)
    Supposed to be another beautiful day today....sunny and up to 60F! :)
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    I did slip a little on one muddy spot, luckily I have pretty good balance, and I was being really careful. :)
    Supposed to be another beautiful day today....sunny and up to 60F! :)
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Vix
    I used to have great balance and was able to run up and down stairs, now I use the handrails and a more sedate pace too :)

Slippery surfaces is where a good walking stick comes into usefulness for me, grade changes too.

I agree a great day outside

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Roger, still chilly this a.m.
    Lynmar....are you ok?
    Kel...how's it going?
    Wishing everyone a good day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I am here :) I have now warmed up too. I will say that it was invigorating outside except when a wind gust came along so I did have the hood up on my Hoodie.

I'm sure they are there. I will admit that the closing of the NutriSystem Forums was a blow. I do not know if it was a economy measure or what I suspect a cost saving measure. My suspicious nature wonders if it was due to posts plugging the sale prices on the Gift cards at CostCo and People like me buying food from others that were not using it and a good price. Or as a even more paranoid theory :) that they wanted to be the only source for advice?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hey Roger....I think it was a lot of things. You may have been on nice peaceful threads, but there were some where there was a lot of animosity. Some people were being really awful to each other. There were also a lot of people otherwise not following the rules. At least one person was plugging her own fitness business. I think they didn't want to spend the time and effort for all the complaints I'm sure they were getting.
    Anyway, I'm glad I have a few nice people to talk to here. I know I don't talk much about dieting specifically, but it still feels like we all share similar issues and we can learn from each other and keep each other motivated.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    IMO handling that sort of thing is a moderators duty on a forum and is really not that arduous to do. Many forums use volunteer moderators such as where I moderate when I have free time. In the case of NS I think they just wanted only employees to do so and begrudged the expense. Not to mention my suspicious nature wonders if they cut a deal with FB to get some revenue somehow from steering users to it?

The saddest part is that despite closing the forums Their Website is still extremely slow when ordering. It also appears that they give visitors looking at it with an eye to joining up a much speedier experience. It is really only slow once I go to log in and when logged in.

BTW, I heard that parts of Maryland had 5 inches of the white stuff, How did You make out finally?

Have a Really Great Day
    Roger