Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Linda, it's mostly to get the metal removed. It gets irritated if I lean on it or if I walk too long. I've had it for about 15 years, but it just started bothering me the last couple of years.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix- There is a TV series on PBS called DCI Banks, it is based on the book I am reading. I've only read the first couple of chapters but it is good so far, and I really like the TV series.
    I will be keeping good thoughts that your ankle hardware removal is smooth and uncomplicated.
    It is a balancing act with Vinny. When I did the BG curve his levels were very good. Last night and today they were very high. It looks like he is going to take a while to get regulated. I was hoping it would be simple.
    Linda-I hope your back is feeling better. I need someone to drag me out to walk too.
    Roger-I hope you get your walk in tomorrow.
    Any plans for the weekend? I am going to a play "Into the Woods, performed by our local community theatre on Sunday with a couple of the girls from work. After the play we are going out to dinner. Should be a good time.
    Vinny is telling me it is time to have his dinner.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    I like many of the British Detective series such as New Tricks, Midsomer Murders and more.
    I also like the Old BritComs such as Are You Being Served, Dad's Army and more. And of course The Avengers and Foyle's War.

It was still 76 degrees at 7:05 when I said to myself I skipped my Walk Yesterday so I'm going today. 1 Hour later and 1.9 miles later with a stop at the Quick Chek for a extra Large Black Coffee I tottered up to the house, Then I started the sprinkler for the flower bed in the front of the house. I decided to get double duty from it and put the hanging plants down where they got watered too. Then while that was going I went in back and watered the garden that rings the Patio.
    Then once I cooled down, into the Shower and refreshed :)

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Jo, I like DCI Banks...we watch those. :) Thanks for the well wishes. I hope things normalize with Vinny soon, so you don't have to worry so much. Have fun on Sunday...girls night is always fun. :)
    Thanks, Roger. Sorry you couldn't get your walk in today. It was really hot here, not a great day for a walk. I'll probably go through all the Tony Hillermans in the library eventually. I did read one that his daughter wrote. She took over where he left off. Interesting.
    This is the big Mom-in-law 100th birthday weekend, so heading up to Long Island tomorrow. It will be great to celebrate, but not looking forward to the ride.
    Have a great weekend, everyone. :)

Hi
    I hope You have a good drive and enjoy the celebration, I know it is a bit of a trek from where You are.
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Joanne, I'll have to watch for the DCI Banks. I really like a lot of the British TV shows, but DH can't stand them, so I get few and far between.

Vix, hope that surgery goes really well! I'm assuming it will make walking easier for you? Or is it just to get the metal removed?

Roger, you've been doing so well, you'll be back on it tomorrow! :)

Have a good evening, all!

Hi
    You Can see how I did in my reply to Joanne above :)
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-have a great time! Happy Birthday to your MIL...that is quite a milestone. :)
    Roger-We have a water ban, so I can only hand water. My lawn is starting to look pretty burnt. :(
    I love all the British sitcoms. I also watch Foyle's War. I have been watching a new series from Australia called Miss Fischer's murder mysteries.
    Linda-My hubby and I don't like to watch the same shows, so we have 2 Tv's. He watches in his man cave and I watch in the living room, so win win. :)
    Enjoy the weekend. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-have a great time! Happy Birthday to your MIL...that is quite a milestone. :)
    Roger-We have a water ban, so I can only hand water. My lawn is starting to look pretty burnt. :(
    I love all the British sitcoms. I also watch Foyle's War. I have been watching a new series from Australia called Miss Fischer's murder mysteries.
    Linda-My hubby and I don't like to watch the same shows, so we have 2 Tv's. He watches in his man cave and I watch in the living room, so win win. :)
    Enjoy the weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    I will have to look for that series, We had a drought one year, the lawns all turned brown and did not need mowing, I liked it.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I worked this morning, now I am just relaxing before going out to a play with 2 of the women from work.
    We are then going out to grab a bite to eat. I have never been out with these women before, but we work great together. It should be an enjoyable afternoon.
    Roger-I don't like looking at a brown lawn. :( Maybe they will lift the ban before too much damage is done.
    Irene-if you are lurking, stop by and say hi.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    The party was great. MIL was happy, and a lot of her friends came. There were lots of short speeches and hugs. I spent way too much time in the car this weekend. We came home to 90 degrees, but now there's a t-storm, which hopefully will cool things down a bit.
    Jo, Miss Fischer is good. I've watched several of them. Sorry about your water ban. Hope you're having a fun afternoon. I have a girls night coming up Wednesday with 2 of my friends. Looking forward to it. :)
    Roger and Jo, I too like the British shows, but you've mentioned a few I've never seen. I'll have to look for them. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Morning;
    I had a wonderful time with the girls. We plan to do it again soon. :)
    Vix-I hope you recover quickly from car trip. Just sitting on hard chairs at the play yesterday,all 3 of us were hobbling after we stood up. I get so stiff sitting. :(
    I have DRV through my cable service and I look through upcoming shows and record the ones I want to watch. If it is a series I set up a series recording, that way I don't miss any. I also don't like commercials, so I can fast forward through those on the recorded shows. :)
    Today we are dropping hubby's car off to be detailed. He wants to look as good as it can for when he trades it in.
    Then off to the bank to sign some papers. After that we are headed to the Kittery outlets in Maine. There are a few things I want to buy at Brookstones and the Coach outlet. I will pay half or less than the regular stores. It is only a little over an hour from our house depending on traffic.
    We are supposed to have rain today and cooler temps.
    Have a good day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, I have that too, but always forget to record things! What kind of new car is hubby getting? (Both our cars are old, and we may have to start looking soon). Outlet shopping...fun. :smiley:
    Another t-storm here this morning...plenty of water for the yard.
    Yoga class this morning should help stretch out from the long car trip. I was exhausted yesterday, even though my son did half the driving on the way up and all the driving on the way back.
    Enjoying my moring coffee and looking forward to a massage this afternoon.
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi Vix-Hubby is thinking of trading in his truck for a Nissan Murano. He doesn't really have a need for a truck anymore. Didn't find what I was looking for at the outlets. I did buy a new raincoat. The one I wore today was a little big,so I decided it was time for a new one.
    We also had some much needed rain.
    I bet that massage felt good!
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Jo. The Murano is nice...we rented one a few years ago on vacation. Yay, for a smaller raincoat! :)
    It just rained again here. The massage was great. :)
    Have a good evening.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked to the McDonalds Yesterday and got a Large Black Coffee and back and walked 2.52 miles.

Today I walked to the McDs also and back using another longer route and walked 2.75 miles. I got out fairly early (7AM) after the rain had ended. It was Still wet out when I left, Humid and around 70 degrees. Tired afterwards on both days too. :)

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I worked this morning, now I am just relaxing before going out to a play with 2 of the women from work.
    We are then going out to grab a bite to eat. I have never been out with these women before, but we work great together. It should be an enjoyable afternoon.
    Roger-I don't like looking at a brown lawn. :( Maybe they will lift the ban before too much damage is done.
    Irene-if you are lurking, stop by and say hi.

Hi Joanne
    I knew it would bounce back when the rains returned and sure enough it did. Naturally the Censored Weeds were the last to die down.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.
    The party was great. MIL was happy, and a lot of her friends came. There were lots of short speeches and hugs. I spent way too much time in the car this weekend. We came home to 90 degrees, but now there's a t-storm, which hopefully will cool things down a bit.
    Jo, Miss Fischer is good. I've watched several of them. Sorry about your water ban. Hope you're having a fun afternoon. I have a girls night coming up Wednesday with 2 of my friends. Looking forward to it. :)
    Roger and Jo, I too like the British shows, but you've mentioned a few I've never seen. I'll have to look for them. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

HI Vix
    Good to hear that You had a nice time.
    We had Lightning and Thunder Last night but it was a bit south of us.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning;
    I had a wonderful time with the girls. We plan to do it again soon. :)
    Vix-I hope you recover quickly from car trip. Just sitting on hard chairs at the play yesterday,all 3 of us were hobbling after we stood up. I get so stiff sitting. :(
    I have DRV through my cable service and I look through upcoming shows and record the ones I want to watch. If it is a series I set up a series recording, that way I don't miss any. I also don't like commercials, so I can fast forward through those on the recorded shows. :)
    Today we are dropping hubby's car off to be detailed. He wants to look as good as it can for when he trades it in.
    Then off to the bank to sign some papers. After that we are headed to the Kittery outlets in Maine. There are a few things I want to buy at Brookstones and the Coach outlet. I will pay half or less than the regular stores. It is only a little over an hour from our house depending on traffic.
    We are supposed to have rain today and cooler temps.
    Have a good day. :)

Hi I have three DVRs in teh house hooked up to satellite and set to pick up new episodes and they do that pretty good. I rarely watch anything live so I can skip commercials too. :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought a new log swing for the yard and I love it! It's wonderful looking out over the rolling land connected to ours! We see turkeys, sandhill cranes, fox, and even a black bear and cub once. I also love watching all of the birds flitting from the trees to the feeders and back to sing away! Now I need to figure out a way to have the swing burn up more calories! :)
  • eku0
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, good work on keeping up on all the walking. :) Lots of t-storms here this week. At least we don't have to water the outside plants. :)
    Linda, where do you live that there is such an array of wildlife so close? Are you near a wildlife preserve? We lived in the mountains in NJ for a while....that was the only place near black bears. :) Enjoy your new swing. :)
    I just went for a walk...only about 70 degrees at the moment, but it's already starting to get humid. Clay class today.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All, copied from another message, why reinvent the wheel :)

I went out walking again this morning, Rerun of yesterdays walk, same distance and time. It was somewhat cooler @ 67 degrees when I left and 68 degrees when I returned home. I picked up my Large Black Coffee at McDonalds. Still way humid and even at 68 degrees I was perspiring.

I also picked and ate a few Nice ripe & sweet wild Blackberries along the way. Not as big as the ones in the produce store but so much better taste, sweet & juicy.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Addendum: My Brother & I have been using a Yard Service for the last tow or three years, however with the price increase and the increase in our energy from the weight loss we have decided to do it ourselves. So This morning we went out to the shed, Found there was still Gas in the can, Starting Fluid in that can and tried the mower. Voila! it lit off with a few pulls and only with the starting fluid as the old gas ran OK but had lost its starting additives. So we Mowed the Yard between us. The Temps were OK, Humidity not good but it is what it is.

Tomorrow I will be out and about and will get new gas for the next mow on the way back from Motor Vehicle when I go to renew my registration and make an appointment for the every other year state inspection.
    I bought a new log swing for the yard and I love it! It's wonderful looking out over the rolling land connected to ours! We see turkeys, sandhill cranes, fox, and even a black bear and cub once. I also love watching all of the birds flitting from the trees to the feeders and back to sing away! Now I need to figure out a way to have the swing burn up more calories! :)

Hi
    I do not think there is a way to have it exercise for You :)
    I do miss my Grandparents large front porch with the swing on it.

Enjoy the new Swing
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Roger, good work on keeping up on all the walking. :) Lots of t-storms here this week. At least we don't have to water the outside plants. :)
    Linda, where do you live that there is such an array of wildlife so close? Are you near a wildlife preserve? We lived in the mountains in NJ for a while....that was the only place near black bears. :) Enjoy your new swing. :)
    I just went for a walk...only about 70 degrees at the moment, but it's already starting to get humid. Clay class today.

Hi Vix
    There is that, Supposed to be more rain this afternoon starting anytime from noon (now) on depending on where You are in the state. I do not mind the temperature as much as high humidity!

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I'm not thrilled with the heat or the humidity! It's raining on and off again here too.
    My parents house had a big front porch with a swing. My Dad had screened it in, so we could sit out there without being eaten alive by the mosquitos. Was nicer than being inside, no air conditioning in those days. When it got really hot, we had enough fans that we could each move one into our bedroom (was still too hot!) I love AC. :smiley:
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    We just had a raccoon in our backyard. I thought they only came out at night.
    Roger-You are just rocking the exercise, good for you. :)
    Linda-Your swing sounds nice. I love to the watch the birds and squirrels in the yard.
    Vix-Lucky you with a fan. We didn't have any fans. I don't think we got a window AC until I was a senior in high school.
    We had rain all day yesterday and only a few sprinkles today.
    I had my appt. with the urologist today. He scheduled me for a cystoscopy. He also gave me a list of foods to avoid.
    Most of it are things I eat almost every day. Cheese, milk, yogurt, chocolate, anything with salt on it,ice cream, frozen yogurt and tea and the list goes on. I guess I will be eating turkey for all of my power fuels.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, sorry about your no-eat list...would be hard to avoid chocolate...I've had times when I voluntarily avoided a lot of other things...I even gave up chocolate for a while, but it's not fun! I hope all goes well with your cystoscopy. Raccoons usually don't come out during the day. Be careful. They can be scary!
    Have a good night, everyone. Beautiful sunset tonight. :)
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Vix, I'm in Minnesota. We have only 2-1/2 acres but there's a 20 acres woods behind us and farm fields adjacent so it give us great opportunities to see wildlife and get wakened by coyotes at night!

Jo, that's some list of foods to cross off your list! Hope you test goes well!

Roger, if your yard isn't too big that's a great way to exercise -assuming it's a walker and not a rider! :)

We didn't have AC either, but my dad put in a whole house fan. It was incredibly noisy but I can remember the relief at the breeze that fan would draw in through the windows!

Looong work day. Food was good until this evening. I am a meat eater and crave meat. I fried up a large hamburger and ate just that for dinner. I can't believe a chunk of meat has so many calories!!! I've only been on NS since March but almost all of the NS food now seems to taste the same with only minor variations - 'blech'! I'm surprised that I'm feeling that way because I'm not usually a picky eater, but I find myself trying to find 'real' food to eat that falls within their guidelines because I don't want to eat the goop. I can't afford the frozen, so I guess I need to work on my attitude and continue 'doctoring' it up to make it more appealing.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Linda, that sounds nice. Our old house had 3/4 acre, we had a lot of trees and bushes, and there was plenty of wildlife. Our new house is on 1/4 acre, hardly any yard at all, so far just bunnies, birds, and bugs. Oh well.
    I stayed on NS food for a 18 months the first time. Probably about 6 months the second time. I didn't mind the food, though it did get boring. But it was highly recommended to me, for health reasons, to get away from eating processed foods and try to go more natural (which can also get boring!) I probably need to start using recipes to make more variety. :smiley:
    Off to body flow class this morning.
    Have a happy day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    After 2 days of walking 2.75 miles each day, I decided to have a down day and work in the house, Somewhat overdue to vacuum, where does that dust come from? Does it breed at night when we sleep?
    I also need to run to Motor Vehicle and renew my Registration.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good Evening;
    We just had a raccoon in our backyard. I thought they only came out at night.
    Roger-You are just rocking the exercise, good for you. :)
    Linda-Your swing sounds nice. I love to the watch the birds and squirrels in the yard.
    Vix-Lucky you with a fan. We didn't have any fans. I don't think we got a window AC until I was a senior in high school.
    We had rain all day yesterday and only a few sprinkles today.
    I had my appt. with the urologist today. He scheduled me for a cystoscopy. He also gave me a list of foods to avoid.
    Most of it are things I eat almost every day. Cheese, milk, yogurt, chocolate, anything with salt on it,ice cream, frozen yogurt and tea and the list goes on. I guess I will be eating turkey for all of my power fuels.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Is that list temporary or permanent.

In the Past I have used Lean Pork Chops, Cube Steaks, Low Salt Lean Ham (It still has a lot of sodium in it), Roast Turkey & Chicken.
    If You Grill on the BBQ or Roast the Chops and Steaks in the oven with a rack under them so any fat drains off it works pretty good. I cook in batches, then break into portions and freeze them. I have some Canned Chicken Breast where the can is a PF that I can use too. Hmmm, Maybe I'll use one of them, a little "Lite" Mayo and some no sugar added sweet relish and two slices of WW Whole Wheat Bread @45 calories a slice and make a Chicken Salad for My PF + SC snack today. Then I pulled a Small lean Pork Chop Yesterday to defrost and maybe I'll Microwave that for mt Noon PF.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Vix, I'm in Minnesota. We have only 2-1/2 acres but there's a 20 acres woods behind us and farm fields adjacent so it give us great opportunities to see wildlife and get wakened by coyotes at night!

Jo, that's some list of foods to cross off your list! Hope you test goes well!

Roger, if your yard isn't too big that's a great way to exercise -assuming it's a walker and not a rider! :)

We didn't have AC either, but my dad put in a whole house fan. It was incredibly noisy but I can remember the relief at the breeze that fan would draw in through the windows!

Looong work day. Food was good until this evening. I am a meat eater and crave meat. I fried up a large hamburger and ate just that for dinner. I can't believe a chunk of meat has so many calories!!! I've only been on NS since March but almost all of the NS food now seems to taste the same with only minor variations - 'blech'! I'm surprised that I'm feeling that way because I'm not usually a picky eater, but I find myself trying to find 'real' food to eat that falls within their guidelines because I don't want to eat the goop. I can't afford the frozen, so I guess I need to work on my attitude and continue 'doctoring' it up to make it more appealing.

Hi
    Nope the yard is not that big. The mower is not a rider, that would be overkill.

Question are You using the Gift Cards from Costco? $100 face value NS Gift Card is regular $79.99 and they were on sale at $59.99 a while back.

You should look into what the cost of adding Frozen is. I have seen posts where it was really cheap. If You are not using the CostCo GCs that saving could keep Your outlay the same. I use them to pay for everything from NutriSystem :)

Cheers
    Roger