Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Weather today is perfect. I got out in the yard early and ripped out one flower bed that was choked with weeds, and cleaned up a few others, went to home depot and bought some hostas and planted them. Now I am relaxing before I go to work at noon. Luckily I only have to work 4 hours today. :)
    Enjoy the weekend! :)

You sure got up and at it early this morning! Good job burning those calories!

I get up early every morning, 4am. That gives me enough time to feed the cats and now give them both their meds and get myself ready for work at 6am. I am a morning person. By 5 or 6 at night I am usually on the couch and snoozing by 7. As long as I move around I am ok, but once I sit its lights out. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Jo, I'm usually up early too...not 4, since I've stopped working. I try to sleep later, or at least not get up!
    I do get feeling draggy by late afternoon, but then get a second wind and am up til about 11:00.
    Roger, the humidity is awful. By the time we went for our walk in the park it was after 10 a.m., didn't feel too hot, but was pretty much dripping after an hour walking the trails. We're supposed to get thunderstorms here too tonight and for the next few days. We'll see.
    Got a call today, and my massage therapist is not well. So my massages are cancelled for a while. She's a very vibrant younger women, but ended up in the hospital because of dizzy spells and they haven't figured out what it is yet. Scary.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Compared to you two, I'm a sleepyhead! I'm up anywhere between 5:45 and 6:45, but I usually relax for a while with a cup of coffee before I start working (from home). Beautiful, albeit cooler, 62' day today! I'm not good with heat - I melt! :) Visited my mother and then stopped by to visit my son and his family. A nice Sunday.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy June lst. Time just seems to be flying by.
    It rained most of yesterday and more of the same today. Vinny decided at 2:30 this morning that it was time to get up. I stalled him until 3:45. I will be glad when we finally get his insulin adjusted and we can get back on a more normal schedule.
    Since I was up so early, I decided to empty out the living room and shampoo the carpet. It should be dry by this afternoon and I can put everything back. Other than that I only have to take Sophie to the vet for annual physical.
    I think I should get a job there, I am there so often lately. :p
    Vix-I will keep a good thought for your massage therapist.
    I haven't been on the scale for a few days. I am a little afraid, as I have been making not so good choices lately.
    I never thought I was a stress eater, but I guess I am. Today is a new day and so far I am on track. :)
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Linda, sounds like you had a great Sunday. I melt if it's too warm out too, would rather be cold than hot.
    Jo, I was up 1/2 pound this week. It's really hard even to maintain, but I'm going to keep plugging away. I know that just happens sometimes and next week should be better. Thanks for the good thoughts for my massage therapist. She is walking with a cane now. I hope she's back to her old self soon.
    We had T-storms late last night, and rain expected almost every day for the next 10 days. Don't have to worry about watering!
    Went to yoga class this morning, and will just be running errands, etc today.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Repeated from another post by me.
    Hi All
    I am officially unhappy now. :'(
    I went to the Basement for something and my Feet went splish in water.
    I just finished sucking up most of the water for now with a wet dry shop vac. Then I went out and threw a tarp over the side basement window for now. I hope that does the job!

Thunder Storms last evening and this morning, Along with a torrential rain that was too much for the gutters too.
    More rain in the forecast for later on today and in to tomorrow, hence the Tarping. It seems that the the window well cover is damaged.

I will be monitoring it since the water will keep seeping in for a little while too. I caught it before it hit the Freezer, Furnace or water heater Fortunately.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Happy June lst. Time just seems to be flying by.
    It rained most of yesterday and more of the same today. Vinny decided at 2:30 this morning that it was time to get up. I stalled him until 3:45. I will be glad when we finally get his insulin adjusted and we can get back on a more normal schedule.
    Since I was up so early, I decided to empty out the living room and shampoo the carpet. It should be dry by this afternoon and I can put everything back. Other than that I only have to take Sophie to the vet for annual physical.
    I think I should get a job there, I am there so often lately. :p
    Vix-I will keep a good thought for your massage therapist.
    I haven't been on the scale for a few days. I am a little afraid, as I have been making not so good choices lately.
    I never thought I was a stress eater, but I guess I am. Today is a new day and so far I am on track. :)
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    My Scale was unhappy with me for a couple of days. We walked the Texas Weiner for coffee and my Brother decided to eat too. So I ended up with Two Eggs a thin slice of Ham, and thin slice of Pork Roll, Home Fries and Rye toast and Coffee! The Next Day the scale was down slightly, then a big Jump the next day and down some the following day. Then This morning, Voila, The scale was down a Pound from the Memorial Day Reading and 1 1/4 pounds from Yesterday. So do not be discouraged, Just Stay on Track and it will work!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Linda, sounds like you had a great Sunday. I melt if it's too warm out too, would rather be cold than hot.
    Jo, I was up 1/2 pound this week. It's really hard even to maintain, but I'm going to keep plugging away. I know that just happens sometimes and next week should be better. Thanks for the good thoughts for my massage therapist. She is walking with a cane now. I hope she's back to her old self soon.
    We had T-storms late last night, and rain expected almost every day for the next 10 days. Don't have to worry about watering!
    Went to yoga class this morning, and will just be running errands, etc today.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :smile:

Hi Vix
    See my reply above about weights and how much they can fluctuate!
    FWIW Too Much Rain!

Cheers, Stay Dry
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I know, Roger. I usually weigh myself every day, but try to just count Monday mornings. My weight can bounce p and down a lot from one day to the next. Although I did have a little patch there where I was losing and counted it more often! Nice to see the scale go down, even if it is just a number. :smile:
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Roger-I am sorry to hear about your basement. I hope nothing was damaged. It was a good thing that you had a shop vac.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Roger-Glad you caught that water before it hit the electrical stuff! Sorry you have to deal with it; guess you got a bit of a workout, though!
    Joanne-glad to hear you're back on track; early morning carpet shampooing - whew! I'm impressed! :)
    Vix-yes, I sure do love to see that scale go down! It's never fast enough, but I'm hanging in there!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Linda....I agree, the scale never moves fast enough. Patience!!!
    Raining here this morning, some noisy T-storms last night, and it's a bit chillier (ok for me).
    Clay class later.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Well a second day of off and on cold rain with temperatures in the 50s, I am considering turning the heat on for a little while to take the chill off of the house. Currently 66 indoors and 57 on the porch.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    I know, Roger. I usually weigh myself every day, but try to just count Monday mornings. My weight can bounce p and down a lot from one day to the next. Although I did have a little patch there where I was losing and counted it more often! Nice to see the scale go down, even if it is just a number. :smile:

I do weigh each day and I log it in a small notebook for reference. I also make note of anything that might have influenced the results

Cheers
    Roger-I am sorry to hear about your basement. I hope nothing was damaged. It was a good thing that you had a shop vac.

Hi Joanne
    I caught it early. What the shop vac did not pick up dried up pretty quickly
    Cheers
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Roger-Glad you caught that water before it hit the electrical stuff! Sorry you have to deal with it; guess you got a bit of a workout, though!
    Joanne-glad to hear you're back on track; early morning carpet shampooing - whew! I'm impressed! :)
    Vix-yes, I sure do love to see that scale go down! It's never fast enough, but I'm hanging in there!

Hi
    I could have avoided that if I had realized the Window Well cover had gotten damaged.

Oh Well
    Cheers
    Good morning all.
    Linda....I agree, the scale never moves fast enough. Patience!!!
    Raining here this morning, some noisy T-storms last night, and it's a bit chillier (ok for me).
    Clay class later.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    Not enjoying the weather, although it is good walking weather as far as temps go.
    I managed to get in a walk Monday and today inbetween periods of rain.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon
    Roger-it is cold and rainy here today and I contemplated turning on the heat, but opted for a sweater instead. :)
    Hi Linda, Vix, Irene-I hope everyone is having a good day.
    :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger, Jo, Linda, Irene. Kind of cold here too. I'm sure it'll warm up in a few days. Lots of rain, etc.
    It was a good clay class today. I liked my finished pieces and painted some more. Starting to get into all this artsy stuff I'm doing. :blush::smile:
    Sleep soundly, be well.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to body flow class this morning (combo of yoga, pilates and tai chi). The pilates part is the hardest, the tai chi part the most fun. :smile:
    Another gray, chilly day.
    But we're still here. Keep smiling. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm back from my walk, 1.3 miles and I was out 48 minutes, some of which was the time in the Bagel Shop getting my Coffee. It felt like maybe I should have taken a Sweat shirt when I started out and by the time I got back I was glad I had not.

Have a Really Great Day
    Roger
    Good Afternoon
    Roger-it is cold and rainy here today and I contemplated turning on the heat, but opted for a sweater instead. :)
    Hi Linda, Vix, Irene-I hope everyone is having a good day.
    :)

Hi Joanne
    Where I feel it is in my fingers. I'm pretty sure a sweater would or in my Case Sweat Shirt would not help with that.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Off to body flow class this morning (combo of yoga, pilates and tai chi). The pilates part is the hardest, the tai chi part the most fun. :smile:
    Another gray, chilly day.
    But we're still here. Keep smiling. :)

Hi Vix
    Enjoy The Day :) The Sun is shining in the front Yard right now. The Petunias look the worse for the wear from the rain, the Impatiens look OK.

Cheers
    Roger

• eku0
    Options
    Roger, our yard and my potted garden on the deck is soaked. No sunshine here yet today, would be nice. :) Sounds like a good walk. My fingers get cold too....pockets help. Gotta do some laundry, maybe a few other things around the house and then get out. Not good for me to sit around.
    Enjoy the day. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, our yard and my potted garden on the deck is soaked. No sunshine here yet today, would be nice. :) Sounds like a good walk. My fingers get cold too....pockets help. Gotta do some laundry, maybe a few other things around the house and then get out. Not good for me to sit around.
    Enjoy the day. :smile:

Hi Again
    OTOH hard to type with the hands in the pockets :)
    The Sun has gone back into hiding here too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    The sun finally came out around 3 pm, but it is still a little cool.
    Roger-you could get a pair of gloves that only your finger tips stick out...most of your hands would be warm and you could still type. :p
    Vix-I have tried pilates and also find it hard. I have never tried tai chi.
    Vinny is doing well on his increased insulin in the evening. On my day off next week, I have to do a glucose curve on him, taking and recording his blood glucose every 2 hours. I then have to call the vet and give her the info and we will proceed from there. I have been weening him off dry food because of the carbs. He looks so sad sitting in front of the cabinet. :(
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha, Roger . :smiley: The sun didn't come out here at all today. :(
    Jo, I tried a regular tai chi class once which I didn't like all that much. The movements were really slow....I like the tai chi in the body flow class better because it moves more quickly, there is music, and I don't have to memorize a long series of moves.
    I'm glad Vinny is doing better. Hm, I guess cats can get addicted to carbs too! I never realized how much was involved in taking care of a pet with diabetes. He's lucky to have you.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha, Roger . :smiley: The sun didn't come out here at all today. :(
    Jo, I tried a regular tai chi class once which I didn't like all that much. The movements were really slow....I like the tai chi in the body flow class better because it moves more quickly, there is music, and I don't have to memorize a long series of moves.
    I'm glad Vinny is doing better. Hm, I guess cats can get addicted to carbs too! I never realized how much was involved in taking care of a pet with diabetes. He's lucky to have you.
    Have a good night, everyone.