Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! We had rain today, just in time for me to not have to water the deck plants! I looked out and noticed the rain pouring off the roof into my tomato planters, digging up the dirt and soon the plants too if I didn't move them. So I ran out there and pulled them all away and was thoroughly drenched! Had to change clothes as it was quite chilly. But at least my tomatoes and zucchini are safe! :)

I've had a nerve or muscle twinging painfully in my back the last couple of days. Wouldn't you know, just because I decided that Monday was the beginning of a new month and that I was going to get back to walking! :/ Well as soon as this clears up, I'll be walking!

It's late, but this is when I usually check in. Have a good night!
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Linda good for you for getting back into walking. I do better if I don't sit too much. I try to get some walking in every day. It's harder when it's raining so much!
    I have my drawing and painting class this morning, and the follow up visit with my new rheumatologist this afternoon. Hoping I get some good advice.
    Still gray and rainy here.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Well it is Thursday and I hope everybody is having a great day.

I Exercised today, well actually I walked around town for an Hour. I picked up my Large Black Coffee at the Quick Chek today, Lets see, Yesterday was the Bagel Shop, Maybe tomorrow at the Dunkin Donuts or Seven Eleven for the Coffee. I like to vary my route, and it depends on the weather, Rain or hot & Humid can affect my route too.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    The sun finally came out around 3 pm, but it is still a little cool.
    Roger-you could get a pair of gloves that only your finger tips stick out...most of your hands would be warm and you could still type. :p
    Vix-I have tried pilates and also find it hard. I have never tried tai chi.
    Vinny is doing well on his increased insulin in the evening. On my day off next week, I have to do a glucose curve on him, taking and recording his blood glucose every 2 hours. I then have to call the vet and give her the info and we will proceed from there. I have been weening him off dry food because of the carbs. He looks so sad sitting in front of the cabinet. :(
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I like this weather for walking OTOH, The 50s for the last couple of days is good for that.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Haha, Roger . :smiley: The sun didn't come out here at all today. :(
    Jo, I tried a regular tai chi class once which I didn't like all that much. The movements were really slow....I like the tai chi in the body flow class better because it moves more quickly, there is music, and I don't have to memorize a long series of moves.
    I'm glad Vinny is doing better. Hm, I guess cats can get addicted to carbs too! I never realized how much was involved in taking care of a pet with diabetes. He's lucky to have you.
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Well I would call today filtered Sun, Cool, Not so much We need heat and not so hot we need AC and the Vegetables seem to like it as they are growing pretty good too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    I spent most of the day putting up new pricing signs in work. We had this program years ago and now they are bring it back, some progress.lol
    Roger-Out of all the seeds I planted, only the hot peppers survived the squirrels. I brought the seeds back from London the last time I was there. We ate at a Mexican restaurant and on the way out they had a basket, with what looked to be book matches, so I took a few. I was suprised to find pepper seeds inside. My son grew some last year and he said they were good.
    Vix-I hope your rheumatologist has been able to help you.
    Linda-Yeah for saving the plants. I am sorry about your back. I know when my back is acting up the last thing I want to do is exercise.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all. Still cold and gray and nasty here.
    I need to get a chest X-ray, and the Doc took more blood tests. Apparently I have RA and will need to start treatments. It's supposed to make me feel better and slow the progression the condition. I got another trigger point injection in my neck, so that should feel better soon.
    Jo, I grew dragon peppers last year (little hot ones). They were really good, I think they were the peppers they make cayenne out of. :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Vix, sorry to hear about the RA! I have read that there are some food choices that can help with it if you are into that sort of thing.
    Today our youngest son moved an hour north to work and live with his brother, getting ready for college this fall. :'( Sad to have a quiet house, but proud of him and so glad it's just under an hour away!
    Overate tonight. Back on track tomorrow!
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Linda. Congrats on your son starting college in the Fall. An hour away isn't too bad. My son was about an hour away when he first went to college, my daughter was 2 hours away. It's a great experience for them.
    I was looking things up on the web last night. It's a little scary. I'd really like to talk with the Doc again. I was surprised at the results and don't think I asked the right questions. They have a patient portal, so I sent him some questions this morning. He's a new doctor to me, so I'm not sure on response and response time. Just trying to keep calm while I'm waiting.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    I spent most of the day putting up new pricing signs in work. We had this program years ago and now they are bring it back, some progress.lol
    Roger-Out of all the seeds I planted, only the hot peppers survived the squirrels. I brought the seeds back from London the last time I was there. We ate at a Mexican restaurant and on the way out they had a basket, with what looked to be book matches, so I took a few. I was suprised to find pepper seeds inside. My son grew some last year and he said they were good.
    Vix-I hope your rheumatologist has been able to help you.
    Linda-Yeah for saving the plants. I am sorry about your back. I know when my back is acting up the last thing I want to do is exercise.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    I had tried planting Sunflower seeds outside and they all got dug up and eaten. I now have some starting in the laundry room until they are up enough to plant outside and not have that problem.

Oh well...........
    Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Thanks, Linda. Congrats on your son starting college in the Fall. An hour away isn't too bad. My son was about an hour away when he first went to college, my daughter was 2 hours away. It's a great experience for them.
    I was looking things up on the web last night. It's a little scary. I'd really like to talk with the Doc again. I was surprised at the results and don't think I asked the right questions. They have a patient portal, so I sent him some questions this morning. He's a new doctor to me, so I'm not sure on response and response time. Just trying to keep calm while I'm waiting.

Hi Vix
    It is a little scary starting with a new doctor, Are the good, caring informative etc. I have tried and dropped a few in the past for a poor bedside manner.

Good Luck with Your new doctor.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-I am sorry to hear about the RA. It is scary looking things up on the web. You get so much conflicting info depending which sites you visit. I hope the Dr. gets back to you quickly. I am sending you cyber hugs and good thoughts.
    Linda-An hour away is not too far. My son went 3000 miles away to school. :(
    Roger- One summer I had sunflower seedlings in pots and the squirrels ate them too. I wish you luck with yours.
    Hi Irene-stop by and say hi when you can.
    I saw one of the girls that I use to work with today. It is nice to see old friends. :)
    Anyone have plans for the weekend? I am working as usual.
    Have a pleasant evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks Jo. I did hear back, but I felt like it was not a complete answer. Anyway, I sent him another note. It might be a PITA to him, but it's my health, and I'd rather be careful. There is a lot of conflicting info out there, even on the medical sites.
    Sorry you have to work the weekend. We don't have anything planned. Went out to dinner tonight and my daughter and son-in-law stopped by for a little while. That was a nice surprise.
    Hope everyone has a good night. Sleep well.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    I have a few minutes before I have to leave for work and wanted to say Hi and have a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo wishing you a fast and easy workday.
    Happy weekend, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was rainy earlier this morning, I Woke up in the night around 4:45, heard the rain and rolled back over. Then When we were doing yard work it spritzed a little and Quit, Did two runs to the Recycle Center. 1st Trip we decided to recycle old paint cans and such so that led to a 2nd trip after a quick go through the Shed and basement.

Then I had my Brother drop me off after the 2nd Recycle Center run at McDonalds. I Picked up a Large Seltzer Water there for the walk back home. Mile and a Quarter walk back from McDs. Done for the day as my knees were barking at me between the yard work, Recycle Center and the walk back.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-I am sorry to hear about the RA. It is scary looking things up on the web. You get so much conflicting info depending which sites you visit. I hope the Dr. gets back to you quickly. I am sending you cyber hugs and good thoughts.
    Linda-An hour away is not too far. My son went 3000 miles away to school. :(
    Roger- One summer I had sunflower seedlings in pots and the squirrels ate them too. I wish you luck with yours.
    Hi Irene-stop by and say hi when you can.
    I saw one of the girls that I use to work with today. It is nice to see old friends. :)
    Anyone have plans for the weekend? I am working as usual.
    Have a pleasant evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I tried them outside first and they got dug up. So these are inside on the card table by the Picture window. The darn things keep leaning toward the window so I keep rotating them 180 degrees.

Cheers
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL

My Fitnesspal links
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group
    NS Foods for sale Posts

Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not since joining My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png

Longer Signature

Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not since joining My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Been up since about 3. Took a couple of Alleve, but couldn't fall back to sleep.
    If it's not raining, I'd like to go for a walk in the park today. It's pretty cloudy out, but maybe it will clear up.
    Roger and Jo...I really like sunflowers! So big and cheerful!
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Reposted from another message Thread.

Well I woke up feeling OK so I walked up to Dunkin Donuts for My Large Black Coffee. Most Expensive of the Week. @2.49 for the same size as the Bagel Store and 7-11 sold for $1.99 and McDonalds sells for $1.00, Any size at McDs TBH is a $1.
    Then on to the Produce Store where I bought Bananas, a Couple of Pears and a two pack of small Lettuce. Total weight around 5 pounds and then Back Home. 1.6 mile round trip using a different route outbound from the house and inbound to the house. I try a different routing every day as best I can.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

Hi Vix
    I looked at the local temperatures and walked in the house a couple of minutes and decided to walk. I wish it was cloudy, the temperatures were OK but when I was in Sun it had some heat to it. It was nice where there was shade from a tree however.

I hope You are feeling better and got Your walk in.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger. Good that you got your walk in, and your coffee. I buy the DD coffee for home sometimes.
    The Alleve finally kicked in and we were able to go for a walk. The trail in the park is a couple of miles and it takes about an hour walking at a leisurly pace. It's nice because most of it is shady. It's humid out, so I was kind of warm by the time we got back to the car. Nice way to spend a Sunday morning. :) Went to Home Depot this afternoon. Hubs needed some of those garden bed edges and some white stones for under our deck...some of them sunk in a little.
    Cheers. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening,
    Vix-Sorry you couldn't sleep. I hope you are feeling better.
    Roger-you are doing great with all your walking.
    I worked this morning and then went out to lunch with hubby. I had a garden salad with grilled chicken and we shared an order of mussels marinara. We then went to look at new cars. Hubby is thinking of trading in his truck for an suv.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    I'm doing better. Had some time to gather my thoughts, sent some questions to the doc, and calmed myself down a bit.
    Sounds like you had a good day, Jo, and great choices for lunch. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Yoga day. T-storms expected in the late afternoon.
    It's beautiful out at the moment. :)
    Have a happy day.