Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Roger, Vix, Joanne, thanks for the encouragement! It feels good to be able to look back a couple of months and say that I'm glad I'm here and not there!
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, Linda! Keep it up. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Looks like another beautiful day, but going to warm up later. Better get out soon to enjoy the fresh air. :)
    Happy Saturday.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Weather today is perfect. I got out in the yard early and ripped out one flower bed that was choked with weeds, and cleaned up a few others, went to home depot and bought some hostas and planted them. Now I am relaxing before I go to work at noon. Luckily I only have to work 4 hours today. :)
    Enjoy the weekend! :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Greetings. I noticed that as I lost weight, the rate of loss slowed. So, today I purchased a Weight Vest (Walmart). You can put between 0 and 20 of the 1-lb weight packets in the vest to customize. This should make my body work as hard as it did 20-lbs ago so that my rate goes back up. Here's hoping! Just wanted to share in case anyone else does this or thinks they might want to. I'll keep you posted on how this goes. (NOT taking this on vacation though...so I'll start this when I get back.)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning Jo....you are so industrious!
    We went to one of the county parks and walked some trails through the forest and around the lake. Lots of wild roses and honeysuckle blooming....smelled so good, and the water lillies were starting to bloom too.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good luck with the weight vest, Val. We usually do a lot of extra walking on vacations anyway. Where are you going?
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thanks. I'm taking my 12 yo daughter to Harry Potter World at Universal/Florida. She has dyslexia and has had to work at reading...but the Harry Potter series was her first real LOVE of reading...and now she is an avid reader (literally goes through a 2-inch thick book every other day)! At our latest 508 meeting they said that she functionally is no longer dyslexic, and her reading test scores went up by >20%!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope Everybody has a great Weekend
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yes, it's actually better to vary your walks. Get some with hills in it if possible, that way your muscles don't get used to it. :)

Hi Vix
    No real Hills in town. There must be some really gentle slopes as some parts do flood in torrential rainfalls.
    No in my neighborhood fortunately.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone;
    Linda-congrats on 15 lbs. gone. I am glad to hear your mother is doing well.
    Roger-walking or any type of exercise will help with weight loss. I seem to lose more when I exercise.
    I have been so busy with the cats that I have been neglecting my exercise.
    Hi Vix-Is your neck still continuing to improve? I have been having some pain on the left side of my neck and sometimes it hurts to turn my head.
    I got out of work at noon today. I went grocery shopping, cleaned the bathrooms, washed the kitchen floor, vacuum the living room rug and scrubbed the kitchen counters.Almost forgot did 2 loads of laundry, wash folded and put away. I had planned to work out in the yard, but I am too tired. Maybe I will try to get out there tomorrow before I go to work at noon.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Now I'm tired just reading Your work at home.

I was out fairly early this morning. First I ate a Banana and my NS Strawberry Pancake Mix, Strawberry courtesy of a little bit of water flavoring packet. Then Out to Walmart, Bought a Belt and some shorts, Rocks and some dressing for the beds in the garden. Three hanging baskets, On sale too. the Birds will have to fend for themselves for the summer as we pulled the bird feeders.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Looks like another beautiful day, but going to warm up later. Better get out soon to enjoy the fresh air. :)
    Happy Saturday.

Hi Again
    it is getting warm & humid already.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Weather today is perfect. I got out in the yard early and ripped out one flower bed that was choked with weeds, and cleaned up a few others, went to home depot and bought some hostas and planted them. Now I am relaxing before I go to work at noon. Luckily I only have to work 4 hours today. :)

Hi Again
    Stop, Stop, You are making me feel Lazy :):blush: with Your industriousness.

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks. I'm taking my 12 yo daughter to Harry Potter World at Universal/Florida. She has dyslexia and has had to work at reading...but the Harry Potter series was her first real LOVE of reading...and now she is an avid reader (literally goes through a 2-inch thick book every other day)! At our latest 508 meeting they said that she functionally is no longer dyslexic, and her reading test scores went up by >20%!

Hi Val
    That is really good news!
    Score one for Harry Potter too. I am curious to hear if that attraction is anything like the way they advertised it?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Val, that sounds like a great trip...I know you'll both have so much fun. :) My daughter(grown up) and I love Harry Potter too.
    Roger....I know!!!! I feel so lazy compared with Jo. :smiley: Congrats on the new belt and shorts. :) Good for you for continuing your work on the garden. I noticed that Walmart had some really nice looking hanging baskets. Next year I may wait and buy one of theirs instedad of making my own. Your yard work sounds like enough exercise without extra walking. Going uphill was hard for me today. :blush:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    The hanging baskets were $8 & $11 on sale. The Impatiens were the more expensive and the Petunia basket was cheaper.

Cheers
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Good morning;

You sure got up and at it early this morning! Good job burning those calories!
  • AdNil54f
    Options

What good news for your daughter, Val! A love of reading is such a help for everything in life!
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Good morning Jo....you are so industrious!
    We went to one of the county parks and walked some trails through the forest and around the lake. Lots of wild roses and honeysuckle blooming....smelled so good, and the water lillies were starting to bloom too.

Vix, that sounds like such a pleasant way to both enjoy a day and burn calories! I can almost smell those honeysuckles! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Linda...it was really nice, but it started heating up as we were finishing up our walk. The wild roses smelled great too. :)
    Sleep well, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    Went for a walk before it gets too hot.
    Happy Sunday. :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Took my dogs walking. Now Em n I are at the airport!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    I had to laugh at you feeling lazy compared to me. I feel like such a slug most of the time when you all are exercising or out walking. Other than a little gardening and some house cleaning I am mostly a couch potato.
    Val-Have a great time on vacation.That is awesome that your daughter reads so much. Both of my kids, when they were that age hated to read. Now they are avid readers. I love Harry Potter too! :)
    Roger-Now with the new shorts and belt, no chance of losing your pants! :p
    Vix-I went to buy plants to make my own hanging baskets and found out if was less expensive if I bought them already made. So guess what I did? ;)
    Hi Irene-Are you off for the weekend?
    I worked this morning, nothing planned for this afternoon.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Have a great trip, Val! Yay! :)
    Jo, I think I'll buy one ready made next year. My daughter bought a really pretty one on sale at Walmart. :) Relax and enjoy your afternoon.
    We went for another walk in the park. I need a shower! Very humid here.
    My son and his gf are going to stop by a little later. That'll be nice...haven't seen them in a few weeks, and his mail comes here and is piling up. But mostly, I really want to see them. :smiley:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm back from walking to the produce store. It was a lot harder walking back carrying the few things I bought too. The Humidity is atrocious! All I bought was 2 lettuce, 5 Green Bananas and a Red onion. By the time I am ready to use those bananas they will be ripe. I was out walking last night around 9:50 to 10:30 too. Rain is in the forecast for later today and Monday and into Tuesday so I did my walking this morning despite it being in the high 70s and humid.

Have A Good Sunday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Went for a walk before it gets too hot.
    Happy Sunday. :)

It was too late by the time I got going it was already warm approaching hot on the outbound leg. I did have a little extra weight, I carried a short folding umbrella in the cloth bag I took to carry the produce in, those plastic bags they put stuff in hurt the hand pretty quickly. The cloth bag avoided that and meant no plastic bag to throw out too.

I used a Plain White bag. I also have a Dollar General Bag, but I thought that might be tacky carry past the other dollar store in the mall :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger