Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Thanks! The lamp is really small, but it was fun to make. :)
    Irene, you work such long hours....it sounds like a lot of exercise if you're standing and walking that whole time.
    Jo, glad you can relax a little about Vinnie. I knew you'd feel better once that was taken care of. Your vet sounds very thorough. :smile:
    Roger, my husband actually does watch his weight and he has Celiac, so no regular pasta, pizza, or bread for him. It's just that he's so tall and a man that he can eat a few snacks and still be skinny, where it would just make me expand (and not in a good way). That's why the treats are on the higher shelves! :p:smiley:
    Hi Kel! Yeah, I was usually posting my pix on all my threads, but I'm paring it down. Easier to just post it once, and not be on so many threads. I'm sticking with my favs. I'm enjoying being a little creative. :)
    Linda, thanks. Getting off track happens from time to time, especially for perennial dieters. The important thing is what you're doing....get right back on. Portion size is really important. I found that getting off prepackaged food it's very easy to end up with portion creep, where your portions start out small and as time goes by they gradually get bigger. Now I am using bowls and plates that I have measured for portion sizes. It helps keep me in line.
    Clay class again today. Don't have a project in mind yet....probably have pieces that need to be glazed, so that'll keep me busy.
    Lots of T-storms last night, so it's a little cooler this a.m.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. ;)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Linda-We all have slip-ups from time to time. The important thing is to get right back on track with the next meal.
    Drizzly here all day. It would have been a good day to curl up with a book if I didn't have to go to work.
    Vix-Do you get to pick your own projects each time? You asked about the spanish lavender. I think the blooms are a little bigger and a deeper color. I have a few shoots coming up from the herbs and bulbs that I planted. I guess the squirrels missed a few seeds. :)
    Have a good evening.
  • eku0
    Options
    The Spanish lavender sounds pretty. We bought a lilac bush with deeper purple flowers...I like the deeper colors.
    I get to choose my projects in both my classes. They are very free flow classes...we get critiques and suggestions in the painting/drawing class. Not so much in the clay class. It's more of a workshop than a class....just work on what you want and you can ask others in the class with more experience if you have questions. For me they're both pretty experimental...just trying things and seeing how it works. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all, jo sorry to hear your cat is sick hopefully it won't be long and he is feeling better well need to run have a great night
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    That's priceless!
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Irene, Jo, Roger!
    Great sign, Roger! :smiley:
    Sleep well, peeps....don't work too hard, Irene!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning, looks like a beautiful day ahead. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Love this weather, sunny and in the 60s...opened the windows to let the fresh air blow in. :smiley:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I was out walking, Tomorrow most likely Costco, timed to be there when they open.

fzfbdmwmw8c9.jpg

scvdcvwy2rcg.jpg
    And there is a plaque for it too!
    Enjoy
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-I agree the weather is beautiful.
    Roger-Your pic is appropriate for today. At work this morning, while I was cutting fruit, a pincher bug dropped down right in front of me. I almost jumped out of my skin. :)
    Vinny has been improving on the insulin. He is almost back to his old self. I am so relieved.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Love the pix, Roger. I don't go camping!
    Picked up some succulents to put in my Mexican pot....looks good. (Also put one in an experimental bowl I made)
    :smile:
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Raining and chilly here.
    Anyone doing anything this weekend?
    We'll be going to Philadelphia for a quick get-away. Should be fun.
    Painting class this morning.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    My Brother is muttering about going to Walmart to look for a small BBQ. If he buys one then I will most like BBQ a Rib Eye Steak and some Fresh Vegetables. If not then my fallback plan is the Diner on Sunday for a nice End cut Roast Prime Rib :)

Not a great looking day it has been spritzing rain off and on.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    It was a beautifully sunny day in MA.
    I will be working all weekend,time and a half on sunday and double time on monday.
    I went for a much needed haircut today. I went a lot shorter than usual. I like it and it should be a lot easier to manage.
    I love to cook on the grill. I just seems to smell and taste better. :)
    Vix-enjoy your get-away in Philly.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Vix- Philly sounds fun! What do you like to do there?
    Roger- You're making my mouth water! Sounds good!
    Joanne-Glad you like your haircut! It always feels good to look nice and to freshen up our look sometimes!
    Beautiful day here! 70' Spent much of it at hospital with my mother who had an emergency visit for a bowel blockage but should be out in by Saturday, I hope, if all goes well.
  • horizons31
    horizons31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hard to find this group! I came over from NS. Just started figuring that out and they discontinue! :(
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Welcome Horizons! Make sure to join the group to make it easier to find. :)
    Linda, I don't think I've been to Philly since I was a kid....we're probably going to check out downtown and they seem to have a lot of events this weekend. May stop at Longwood gardens on the way back. :)
    Jo, sorry you have to work all weekend. Hubs cooks on the grill almost every night. Easier for me. :)
    Roger, either option sounds great. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Welcome horizons, glad you found us.
    Linda-Sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she gets to come home on sat.
    Vix-Have a fabulous weekend.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Vix- Philly sounds fun! What do you like to do there?
    Roger- You're making my mouth water! Sounds good!
    Joanne-Glad you like your haircut! It always feels good to look nice and to freshen up our look sometimes!
    Beautiful day here! 70' Spent much of it at hospital with my mother who had an emergency visit for a bowel blockage but should be out in by Saturday, I hope, if all goes well.

Hi
    I hope Your mother gets out Saturday, That is not a place to spend the Holiday.
    We went to Walmart this Morning and bought a cheap table top Gas BBQ. So it looks like a Rib Eye and Maybe some Grilled Chicken Breasts for the day after. Possibly some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce on the Chicken. Or Maybe Some Lean Pork Chops for later in the Week. If I am going to be grilling why not do extra for another day.

Good Luck
    Roger
    horizons31 wrote: »
    Wow! Hard to find this group! I came over from NS. Just started figuring that out and they discontinue! :(

Welcome Horizons.
    Most of us are unhappy about that NS Forums going Bye Bye.
    Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning. Welcome Horizons! Make sure to join the group to make it easier to find. :)
    Linda, I don't think I've been to Philly since I was a kid....we're probably going to check out downtown and they seem to have a lot of events this weekend. May stop at Longwood gardens on the way back. :)
    Jo, sorry you have to work all weekend. Hubs cooks on the grill almost every night. Easier for me. :)
    Roger, either option sounds great. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Hi
    I used to BBQ a lot until the grill's burner got clogged with rust that built up over the years.
    Enjoy the Visit to Philly
    Roger