Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Roger-All your grilled foods sound good.
    We bought chicken to cook on the grill and I think I will grill a few hebrew national reduced fat hot dogs(45 calories per dog). I have had a craving for hot dogs lately.
    Work was crazy today. We have corn on sale for 15 cents an ear. We had a hard time keeping the counter full.
    All the customers like to take the husks off and they were everywhere, but in the barrels that we supplied.
    Have a great weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    I worked this morning for 4 hours, then my daughter and I went for a walk. It was such a nice day. Then we sat on the deck for a few hours. Also went to home depot and bought a container tomato plant and some flowers for my urns.
    I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Hi. We're back. :)
    Linda, hope your Mom is better.
    Jo, it's so nice that you get to spend time with your daughter. Buying plants is always fun. :)
    Roger, glad you picked up a grill. Just doesn't seem like summer without one.
    I'm pretty tired....we walked all over the place, even with the Philly Phlash pass on Saturday, it was still a lot of walking. :) There's a lot of really great architecture and a zillion things to do...we just did a few, but it was fun and the weather was beautiful. Stopped at Longwood gardens on the way home, and walked around there for a few hours. The conservatory is magnificent and the gardens are beautiful.
    Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend. :smile:
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Evening;
    I worked this morning for 4 hours, then my daughter and I went for a walk. It was such a nice day. Then we sat on the deck for a few hours. Also went to home depot and bought a container tomato plant and some flowers for my urns.
    I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. :)

That sounds like a lovely way to spend the day, Joanne, at least the later half!
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Vix, my mother is much better - still some mending to do, but she's home and much happier to be in her own bed and chair! The gardens sound so beautiful - even being able to just stroll through and see everything! It sounds like a wonderful trip!
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    One of my sons is bringing over a large beef shoulder to make Texas Clod...not sure what we're in for, but I'm sure it will be delicious which will make my food log numbers not look so good...! Hope to stay sensible! :#
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Linda, glad your Mom is feeling better and back at home. I've read that Texas clod is a slow grilled beef shoulder, just spices on it, so it should be great, and not any more calories than any other grilled beef. Enjoy a moderate portion! :) Sounds like you're in for a treat. :)
    Looks like a nice sunny day here....supposed to go up to about 85 today....getting a little warm for me. The gym changed it's schedule for the holiday, so no yoga this morning. Think I'll rest up a bit after all that walking this weekend.
    Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy the holiday if you're doing something special. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger

Roger-All your grilled foods sound good.
    We bought chicken to cook on the grill and I think I will grill a few hebrew national reduced fat hot dogs(45 calories per dog). I have had a craving for hot dogs lately.
    Work was crazy today. We have corn on sale for 15 cents an ear. We had a hard time keeping the counter full.
    All the customers like to take the husks off and they were everywhere, but in the barrels that we supplied.
    Have a great weekend.

Hi Jo
    I have seen that around here too, People peeling the corn and being slobs with it.

I grilled the two Rib Eyes, one pack of the Thin Cut Pork Chops they were BOGO so the other is in the freezer for now, The Corn on the Cob, Carrot & Yellow Summer Squash at the same time.
    When I bought the Rib Eyes I bought the smaller pack where before I would have bought the largest they had :)
    The Only one I was not super happy with was the squash.

I ate one Rib Eye for Lunch, The Carrot, and the Squash. Then for Dinner I MW'd the 2nd Rib Eye, the Corn, a 1/2 head of Lettuce and a Mandarin Orange for Dinner. Later I had a NS Soft pretzel for Dessert.

When I was done My brother Grilled his large Steak with the Dry Rub and had it for lunch and Dinner.

It seems to have worked out OK as the scale did not hate me this Morning. It might have been a different story if I had not steered clear of the Home Made Potato Salad :)

The Rib Eye and the Corn were tasty after being MW'd too.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi. We're back. :)
    Linda, hope your Mom is better.
    Jo, it's so nice that you get to spend time with your daughter. Buying plants is always fun. :)
    Roger, glad you picked up a grill. Just doesn't seem like summer without one.
    I'm pretty tired....we walked all over the place, even with the Philly Phlash pass on Saturday, it was still a lot of walking. :) There's a lot of really great architecture and a zillion things to do...we just did a few, but it was fun and the weather was beautiful. Stopped at Longwood gardens on the way home, and walked around there for a few hours. The conservatory is magnificent and the gardens are beautiful.
    Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend. :smile:

Hi Vix
    I am happy that You enjoyed Your Visit to the City of Brotherly Love :)

So far so good, We walked up to the corner and over one block and watched the Local memorial Day parade.
    It was fun and they had something similar bringing up the rear 9bhxrmspqz7p.jpg

Cheers
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    One of my sons is bringing over a large beef shoulder to make Texas Clod...not sure what we're in for, but I'm sure it will be delicious which will make my food log numbers not look so good...! Hope to stay sensible! :#

Hi
    Just be careful, Steer clear of the fatty bits and avoid those starches and You should be fine.
    Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    I am home from work and just relaxing.
    Linda-I am glad your mom is home. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed. I was going to ask what
    Texas clod was, but Vix gave me the answer. It sounds good and as long as you watch your portions, you should be fine.
    Vix-Your trip sounds wonderful. I love walking through gardens and seeing all the different kinds of flowers and trees.
    Roger-How did you cook the squash? I usually cut it lengthwise into strips, brush it with evoo and then grill.
    You have to be careful not to cut it too thin or it will fall apart. I love the taste of steaks on the grill.
    I hope everyone is enjoying the day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all hey what does every one think about ns doing away with the 50 clicks? no reason really to go on theire web site any more
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I have work tonight but it is ok I get time and a half hope you all had a nice holiday we had a great weekend ,tomorrow I go to the drs having problems with my knee again so we shall see whats up with that have a good nite
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Irene- Sorry your knee is acting up again. Good luck at the Dr.'s tomorrow. The only reason I go to the NS site any more is to log my weight so I can get the bears.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    I am home from work and just relaxing.
    Linda-I am glad your mom is home. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed. I was going to ask what
    Texas clod was, but Vix gave me the answer. It sounds good and as long as you watch your portions, you should be fine.
    Vix-Your trip sounds wonderful. I love walking through gardens and seeing all the different kinds of flowers and trees.
    Roger-How did you cook the squash? I usually cut it lengthwise into strips, brush it with evoo and then grill.
    You have to be careful not to cut it too thin or it will fall apart. I love the taste of steaks on the grill.
    I hope everyone is enjoying the day. :)

Hi Irene
    I forgot to brush it or spray it with EVOO. And to be honest it was not that successful. To Moist for my tastes. When I do it in the house I crisp it in a Skillet and than it is good.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all hey what does every one think about ns doing away with the 50 clicks? no reason really to go on theire web site any more

Hi Irene
    I am not happy, the $10 coupon in the email announcing it going away is good, but $10 every 50 days is even better.

They Will do what they want to do.....................
    Roger
    Irene- Sorry your knee is acting up again. Good luck at the Dr.'s tomorrow. The only reason I go to the NS site any more is to log my weight so I can get the bears.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Per the NutriSystem Page under my Program
    Announcing Nutrisystem Community Changes

All Nutrisystem tools and trackers found on this page will be closing on June 22nd. Check out NuMi.com to start using our All-NEW tracking tools today! :(

I guess I will use NuMi after that and only as needed when I become eligible for the next bear. If You are not signed up for NuMi, Use Your NutriSystem starting weight as Your Starting weight there and then post the current weight the next day.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a good holiday.
    Sorry your knee is acting up again, Irene. Hopefully it will heal quicker this time.
    Roger and Jo, the grilling sounds good. We don't usually do veggies out there. I'll have to try that. I like them roasted which sounds similar. I've gotten so lazy, I usually just microwave veggies.
    Just caught up on grocery shopping, laundry, etc today. It was a nice quiet day for us. Also had grilled steak, corn on the cob and watermelon. :)
    I'm glad I don't get the NS food anymore. I used 50 clicks all the time, and the bears were cute...now all that doesn't affect me anymore. It's a shame they're taking that away/making it more difficult.
    Anyway. We do what we have to do. Have a good night. Sleep well.
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning. :)
    emogoat-funny-goat-1.jpg?w=525&h=322
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning. :)
    emogoat-funny-goat-1.jpg?w=525&h=322

HaHa bad hair day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Took Vinny to the vet today for his blood glucose curve test. The vet took three draws of blood at 2 hour intervals and his levels kept getting higher. So now he is up to 2 units of insulin twice a day and they showed me how to test his blood before each injection. I also have to keep a log of the levels.
    Roger-I signed up for NuMi and have only gone on once to log my weight.
    Irene-how is the knee feeling?
    Vix-It is always nice to have a quiet day.
    Have a good evening.
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, sorry Vinny is having those problems. Poor kitty. It sounds like you really have to keep on top of it. I'm sure it's a lot to get used to.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    It was nice to have a quiet day on Monday. Spent most of yesterday at my clay class and running errands.
    Jo, I like your avatar, really pretty picture.
    Off in a little while to the gym this morning.
    Haha....I was going to say the goat has my haircut! :tongue: :smiley:
    Keep smiling. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a good holiday.
    Sorry your knee is acting up again, Irene. Hopefully it will heal quicker this time.
    Roger and Jo, the grilling sounds good. We don't usually do veggies out there. I'll have to try that. I like them roasted which sounds similar. I've gotten so lazy, I usually just microwave veggies.
    Just caught up on grocery shopping, laundry, etc today. It was a nice quiet day for us. Also had grilled steak, corn on the cob and watermelon. :)
    I'm glad I don't get the NS food anymore. I used 50 clicks all the time, and the bears were cute...now all that doesn't affect me anymore. It's a shame they're taking that away/making it more difficult.
    Anyway. We do what we have to do. Have a good night. Sleep well.

Hi Vix
    FWIW the Grilled Corn was delicious and since I had room on the grill why not.

We had a busy day yesterday morning until it go to hot and will be doing the same today. I did a quick whip through the closet last night and filled 4 paper in plastic grocery bags with over-sized clothes. When we go to the recycle center to get rid of more IVY in the dumpster for it I'll be putting the clothes in the Donation Bin. I think it is for the Salvation Army. Still more to go in that closet from the look of it, but it was crammed and now has room again. Wheee!! :)
    Good Evening;
    Took Vinny to the vet today for his blood glucose curve test. The vet took three draws of blood at 2 hour intervals and his levels kept getting higher. So now he is up to 2 units of insulin twice a day and they showed me how to test his blood before each injection. I also have to keep a log of the levels.
    Roger-I signed up for NuMi and have only gone on once to log my weight.
    Irene-how is the knee feeling?
    Vix-It is always nice to have a quiet day.
    Have a good evening.

Hi Joanne
    I feel sorry for Vinny. It isn't like a person where they know it is for their own good.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Jo, sorry Vinny is having those problems. Poor kitty. It sounds like you really have to keep on top of it. I'm sure it's a lot to get used to.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    It was nice to have a quiet day on Monday. Spent most of yesterday at my clay class and running errands.
    Jo, I like your avatar, really pretty picture.
    Off in a little while to the gym this morning.
    Haha....I was going to say the goat has my haircut! :tongue: :smiley:
    Keep smiling. :)

Hi
    I'm running late, I hope I can get back here later.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger...yay for you and giving away all the oversize clothes! Isn't it great, and more room in the closet. :) I've got 3 sizes in my closet at the moment and am in the biggest size. (I have been 3 sizes bigger than this). I kept most of the smaller ones, my daughter took some. I will get back into them one of these days, then this size can go! Hard to be patient.
    Back from the gym, need to do some cleaning etc. Missed doing it on the weekend. Darn. haha.
    See y'all later.