Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Welcome Jen. The lest you have to lose the slower it seems to go. Like Vix I never met my goal the first time and now the weight loss seems slower than ever. I plan to stick with it this time. Good luck to you.
    Vix-How did your yoga session go?
    Roger-It was humid last night, but now seems to be cooling down.
    Sophie's eyes seem to be doing better, but now Vinny has stomach problems. It is always something. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Aw Jo, I hope Vinny's ok. Glad Sophie's getting better.
    Yoga was ok, there were things I couldn't do. Oh, well.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I checked this morning, NS is still out there, you can edit, but can't make a new post. I'm done. I like our new home.
    Have a skinny day, everyone. :)
  • jenwrite
    jenwrite Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words. I think it is really easy to give up before you reach your goals when you're close; not only is it slower than ever getting the last few pounds off, but you look pretty okay, and so you think why bother. But I do want to reach my goal. I set it, and I want to reach it!

60242453.png
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Roger, glad you got your AC in. My house stays pretty cool as long as it cools down overnight. Haven't had to use the AC yet.

Hi when it got to be near 80 in the house that was it. Even the basement was at 77.
    I thought it and the living room AC were both goners. I turned them on and only the fan ran. Then Suddenly The Compressor kicked in and they have been normal since then.

Cheers
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon;
    Welcome Jen. The lest you have to lose the slower it seems to go. Like Vix I never met my goal the first time and now the weight loss seems slower than ever. I plan to stick with it this time. Good luck to you.
    Sophie's eyes seem to be doing better, but now Vinny has stomach problems. It is always something. :)

Hi Jo
    It seems to be humid outside and they are forecasting 90 degrees for my part of NJ. Yuck!

We had a delivery of 2 yards of topsoil and 2 yards of Black Mulch this morning. We were bothe sweated up just from filling the one raised bed and that one was in reach. Need to get a cheap WheelBarrow to move the rest of the Topsoil and all of the Mulch around.

Cheers
    jenwrite wrote: »
    Thank you for the encouraging words. I think it is really easy to give up before you reach your goals when you're close; not only is it slower than ever getting the last few pounds off, but you look pretty okay, and so you think why bother. But I do want to reach my goal. I set it, and I want to reach it!

60242453.png

Hi Jen
    It is hard fighting off the temptation to go into maintenance mode for a while. I get around so much better etc. However I have a ways to go I suspect that if I went into maintenance mode for a week or two, coming back out of it would be tough. Not the least of which would be adjusting to an all NS diet again.

Congratulations on being determined to stay the course to goal.
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -158.0 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Roger, glad you got your AC in. My house stays pretty cool as long as it cools down overnight. Haven't had to use the AC yet.

Hi Vix
    When it got to be near 80 in the house that was it. Even the basement was at 77.
    I thought it and the living room AC were both goners. I turned them on and only the fan ran. Then Suddenly The Compressor kicked in and they have both been normal since then.

Cheers
    Good Afternoon;

Hi Jo
    It seems to be humid outside and they are forecasting 90 degrees for my part of NJ. Yuck!

We had a delivery of 2 yards of topsoil and 2 yards of Black Mulch this morning. We were bothe sweated up just from filling the one raised bed and that one was in reach. Need to get a cheap WheelBarrow to move the rest of the Topsoil and all of the Mulch around.

Cheers
    jenwrite wrote: »

60242453.png

Hi Jen
    It is hard fighting off the temptation to go into maintenance mode for a while. I get around so much better etc. However I have a ways to go I suspect that if I went into maintenance mode for a week or two, coming back out of it would be tough. Not the least of which would be adjusting to an all NS diet again.

Congratulations on being determined to stay the course to goal.
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -158.0 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    I am trying this on my iPad.
    Roger- you are burning lots of calories moving that mulch
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Shoveling is going to be my exercise for the day :)
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of exercise!
    I didn't give up on my goal, I just wasn't losing any more weight! Nothing I tried would break through it.
    I'm trying again, 4 years later and 20 pounds heavier. I think I can do it this time. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Vix-I know you can do it. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Evening all,
    Hubby and I are going to Brimfield antique show tomorow. It is held 3 times a year and dealers from all over come to it. I am looking for real wicker furniture for my deck. I bought the plastic wicker furniture a few years ago and it didn't last. The sun causes it to fade and crack. I want something that will hold up a long time and that I could possibly paint. Of course hubby is looking for tools. He is a machinist. He always says a man can't have enough tools. :)
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks Jo, I like positive attitudes. :)
    Hope you have fun at the antique show. We bought metal furniture for our deck, and we put it in the basement for the winter. It's only it's 2nd season out, but it seems like it will last. Real wicker is much prettier.
    We bought a couple of the plastic wicker chairs for our front porch, but I think that's ok because it's covered.
    Men do like their tools....and trees. :smiley:
    Have a good night.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to body flow class in a little while. I'll do what I can.
    Sunny and cool this morning.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon
    We are back from the antique show. I didn't find any wicker furniture that was in good shape, so I will keep looking.
    Vix-It was sunny and cool here as well.
    Weigh-in this week-lost 0.2 lbs.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi
    If I said I was sore and sweaty and we hit it again today and there is still more to do. My brother did pick up a Yard Cart at Lowes for less than 30 dollars. Better than a Wheelbarrow as it has two wheels in front so easier on the back as the wheels keep it upright and not the user as with a wheelbarrow.

Good Luck
    I happen to believe we can all do it :)
    Roger
    Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    I know you can do it, Linda. Hope all goes well today.
    I watched a DVD yesterday that I borrowed from the library, Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia. There were a couple of good parts, one that explained that part of the problem is the muscles work against each other, leaving you sore. The other part was a yoga session that looked really relaxing. I'm going to keep the DVD for a while and see if I can learn that yoga session. :smile:
    Enjoy the beautiful weather, everyone.

Vix, I hope you found some helpful info! Have you tried the yoga sessions?
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Linda-I hope your husband's surgery went well. Will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Vix-I hope this new Dr. has some answers for you.
    Roger-What did you plant?
    I skyped with my son today. He is doing well and will be finished with school in a few weeks. He has one more presentation to do. Then comes the fun part of finding a job in his field.
    Have a good evening. :)

Thanks, Joanne! Surgery went well and he's now home recovering. It was a long few days, driving to and from the hospital (an hour each way) for visits, but it got me moving! :wink:
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of exercise!
    I didn't give up on my goal, I just wasn't losing any more weight! Nothing I tried would break through it.
    I'm trying again, 4 years later and 20 pounds heavier. I think I can do it this time. :)
    You can! And we'll all be watching, cheering you on and right behind you! :smiley:
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Linda, Jo, Roger. We make a great team.
    Linda, glad your husband is home and recovering.
    Roger, the cart does sound better than a wheel barrow...they can get really heavy. Lots of work, I'm sure you're burning extra calories.
    Jo, sorry you didn't find your wicker. Congrats on the 0.2 down! Every little bit counts. :)
    I haven't tried the new yoga yet. Tomorrow will be busy, but soon.
    Sleep well, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....have a great day. BBL. :)