Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Dr. thinks she may have conjunctivitis. I have eye drops and an oral medication to give her. He also took blood to check for herpes and calisi virus. She has a follow up in 3 weeks. I hope the medicine works. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.
    I hasn't warmed up any, but the sun is now shinning.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Jo, also two of my favorite colors :)
    Hmmmm....all these new yogurts to try. :) It's nice to have something that tastes like dessert when we're mostly avoiding dessert. I bought a bag of Hershey's Dark Chocolate kisses for when I really crave chocolate. They are 20 calories each, and I'm usually satisfied with one or 2 of them, just letting them melt in my mouth. I've also been trying to brush my teeth earlier at night....it keeps me from eating anything else in the evening.
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi All
    Hi Vix
    Hi Jo

FWIW I use the NutriChocolates like that and let them melt in my mouth. 140 calories for the entire package. I have used the brush my teeth trick too.

I also use a smaller spoon and fork to eat so the meal lasts longer. That lets me feel full before I am done.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning everyone;
    I am doing the happy dance this morning. I am down 2.2 lbs. from my last weigh-in.
    Roger-I eat my meals on a small plate. It seems like I have a lot more food. ;)

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    HI all
    I have been reading the posts about yogurt and plates and thought I would join in. I too love the Dannon greek light and fit and Yoplait yogurts. Dannon is better for me as it is much easier to pull off their lids, however up until this last grocery trip I was getting half Dannon and half Yoplait. I didn't feel in the past they had as many flavors but they are getting more each week. This was the first time I was able to buy all Dannon flavors and I am so happy. Mo more tearing off the Yoplait lids with my teeth. LOL!

As for the plates since day one I have used the smaller lunch plates. When I use the shelf foods and cook them in my crock pot I have so much food it over flows the plate.

Joanne so sorry to hear about your dog have eye issues. I hope the Dr can treat her and the treatments help. 2.2 pounds that is wonderful news!
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi Amanda-I had to laugh at you tearing off the yoplait lids with your teeth. I do the same thing sometimes. :)
    Sophie is a cat. I have two. My other cat is Vinny. I posted pictures of them on the cats thread. Now that my kids are all grown up, they are my babies. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Jo, congrats on the 2.2 pounds gone.!!! Yay!!!! (hope Sophie's medicine helps.)
    Roger... Some tricks are really helpful. :)
    Amanda, I use smaller plates too. :)
    It looks like a beautiful day outside. I am getting my chores done early, so I can enjoy the day. Colored my platinum streaks this morning, and doing laundry, etc. Planning to get out for a long walk later. :)
    Have a great day.
  • Sandikc101455
    Sandikc101455 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Since we all seem to like the scrumptious favors of the Greek yogurts, here's a little trick, but you'll need a mini muffin pan to try this. My pan makes 24 muffins, and I take four (4) 5.3 oz containers of Dannon Lite & Fit Greek (any flavors), and divide them into the muffins cups. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. When ready, unmold and store in freezer bags in the freezer. Each mini Greek frozen chip is a little under 1 oz, under 15 calories, and easy to pop in your mouth to let it slowly melt. For me, it really takes the edge off any craving for something sweet.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi Sandi-that sounds yummy. I will have to try it. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Welcome Sandi....that sounds like a great idea! Who needs ice cream? :p
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Well now that it is official that the NutriSystem forums are going where ever old forums go to die on the 11th of May, How do You feel? I'm :(
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone;
    I am doing the happy dance this morning. I am down 2.2 lbs. from my last weigh-in.
    Roger-I eat my meals on a small plate. It seems like I have a lot more food. ;)

Hi Jo
    Congratulations on The Loss. That is really good.

I use a 8" plate, I also use a small spoon and fork so the food lasts longer too.

Cheers
    Good morning all.
    Jo, congrats on the 2.2 pounds gone.!!! Yay!!!! (hope Sophie's medicine helps.)
    Roger... Some tricks are really helpful. :)
    Amanda, I use smaller plates too. :)
    It looks like a beautiful day outside. I am getting my chores done early, so I can enjoy the day. Colored my platinum streaks this morning, and doing laundry, etc. Planning to get out for a long walk later. :)
    Have a great day.

Hi Vix
    I had what is basically a lazy day, Out and about to the recycle center and Library for their book sale and home. Then I spent some time archiving helpful/useful message from the NS Forum that I had bookmarked.

Cheers
    Since we all seem to like the scrumptious favors of the Greek yogurts, here's a little trick, but you'll need a mini muffin pan to try this. My pan makes 24 muffins, and I take four (4) 5.3 oz containers of Dannon Lite & Fit Greek (any flavors), and divide them into the muffins cups. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. When ready, unmold and store in freezer bags in the freezer. Each mini Greek frozen chip is a little under 1 oz, under 15 calories, and easy to pop in your mouth to let it slowly melt. For me, it really takes the edge off any craving for something sweet.

Hi Sandi
    Thank You for the Tip. I had not thought of that one. I might try using a spare Ice Cube tray since I rarely have room for a muffin pan in my freezer, Mini or not. Not to mention I have a Ice Cube tray and not the other.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I am sad to see the old boards go, but I think the new boards are pretty cool, and it seems really easier for me to have all my stuff in one place. These are definitely faster posting.
    I have to try that yogurt trick, ice cube tray is a great idea too.
    There are places to post recipes on this site too.
    It's a beautiful day, going to open up some windows.
    Enjoy.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Roger-I am :( about the NS site also. I had hoped they would change their minds and keep them.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I'm glad most of my good buddies have moved over here. :)
    Monday again. yoga early, but then Yay! for massage this afternoon.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    I am sad to see the old boards go, but I think the new boards are pretty cool, and it seems really easier for me to have all my stuff in one place. These are definitely faster posting.
    I have to try that yogurt trick, ice cube tray is a great idea too.
    There are places to post recipes on this site too.
    It's a beautiful day, going to open up some windows.
    Enjoy.

Hi Vix
    I agree, They are much better, It was a little bit of an adjustment suce as creating a Signature and storing it where I can copy and paste it here. the Good News is that once I copy it to the Clipboard I can paste easily by typing Ctrl + C
    Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Roger-I am :( about the NS site also. I had hoped they would change their minds and keep them.

Hi Jo
    I was hoping that too. I have archived all the posts that I can think of that Might be useful from the NS site FWIW.

Color me :(
    Roger
    Good morning.
    I'm glad most of my good buddies have moved over here. :)
    Monday again. yoga early, but then Yay! for massage this afternoon.
    Have a good day everyone.

Hi Again
    You do seem to keep Busy!

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi everyone;
    What a beautiful day it is. I played in the dirt for a while, planting cilantro, coriander,hot pepper and chive seeds.
    I got the seeds in some mailing or other and thought I would give it a try. I also did about 7 loads of laundry.Regular weekly wash, changing the bedding and winter clothing to be packed away until the cold weather sets in again. So much for a relaxing day off. :p
    Enjoy. :)
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone;
    What a beautiful day it is. I played in the dirt for a while, planting cilantro, coriander,hot pepper and chive seeds.
    I got the seeds in some mailing or other and thought I would give it a try. I also did about 7 loads of laundry.Regular weekly wash, changing the bedding and winter clothing to be packed away until the cold weather sets in again. So much for a relaxing day off. :p
    Enjoy. :)
    But look at all that exercise! Good job burning calories!
    Linda

88847432.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Hi Linda...congrats on your 10 pounds lost. :smile:
    I tried those little frozen yogurts trick....I like it. It is almost like having an ice cream snack.
    Supposed to get hot again today with some t-storms later on....for right now the sun is coming through.
    My massage yesterday was wonderful. Wish I could do that every day! :p
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Thank You for the feedback on the frozen Yogurt trick. Just curious, what flavor did You use?

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.2 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Options
    I used pineapple and black cherry. I liked the pineapple ones better. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening,
    Just home from work and checking in before I start dinner.
    Linda-I didn't think about the calorie burning part of my day. I guess I should have added that to my exercise log. :)
    I have not been too motivated to do any formal exercise lately. :( Now that I have logging my food under controI I I will start to work on the exercise.
    Vix-wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have a massage every day. It rained here this morning, but the sun was out by noon. I am so enjoying this weather. :)
    Have a good evening.