Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Roger-I'd go for the petunias and dahlias :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi everyne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    just added this to my favs so I should be on more
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Yay! Irene, you made it over here. Yay!!!! :smiley: We've missed you.
    Petunias and Dahlias are pretty, Roger. :)
    Jo, hope you get your free time/me time today. :)
    Gray and misty here, and the electricity was out for a little bit over night. But all is well.
    Happy Saturday.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Our library is not huge but they can usually get anything else on a inter Library program and our Library card is good at libraries in the entire county.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Hi Irene-I am glad you made it over. :)
    Vix-I just got home from work and am sitting here deciding what I want to do for the rest of the day, if anything.
    I haven't been to the library in years. I have a bookcase full of books waiting to be read. I either got them at yard sales or from one of my sisters.
    Sun is shining and I think I will go sit on the deck and enjoy it.
    Have a great day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Wow....I go to the library at least once or twice a week. I have access to the entire county system too, and they will request books from the local colleges or other counties and locations if they don't have a book you want. I don't want to buy and store all the books I read. Lately, I've been reading over 100 books a year. That's way too many books!
    It looks like the sun is finally peeking through. I should probably get out for a while.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    After I read a book, I usually pass it on to one of my sisters. We are all avid readers. Whenever we get together, one of us always has a bag of books to pass along. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon;
    Hi Irene-I am glad you made it over. :)
    Vix-I just got home from work and am sitting here deciding what I want to do for the rest of the day, if anything.
    I haven't been to the library in years. I have a bookcase full of books waiting to be read. I either got them at yard sales or from one of my sisters.
    Sun is shining and I think I will go sit on the deck and enjoy it.
    Have a great day.

Hi Jo
    I also have a fair stock of unread books currently. I added some last week when the Friends of the Library had a three day book sale. I also have some that bear a reread in the future. I have even bought some old favorites on Amazon that the local library does not have and that are not available even through the interlibrary lending system.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Wow....I go to the library at least once or twice a week. I have access to the entire county system too, and they will request books from the local colleges or other counties and locations if they don't have a book you want. I don't want to buy and store all the books I read. Lately, I've been reading over 100 books a year. That's way too many books!
    It looks like the sun is finally peeking through. I should probably get out for a while.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I used to read a lot. Now with my limited free time after forums and keeping my brother company I do good to read a book in a month. Thus I buy rather than borrow from the library.

I really thought I would have more free time once I retired, Not So, I seem to have less now.

Cheers
    Roger
    t77dgejpjdz8.gif
    NutriSystem Forums & Friends

Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Reading helps me to sleep. I think I'm addicted to fiction for escape from reality. I used to just read at night. Now I read in spare moments, as a break between chores, as a way to relax.
    I know I'm lucky to have time to enjoy retirement, take up a few hobbies, travel a little. It is nice to have free time after all those years of having no time.
    Have a good night. Hugs to all.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    happy-mothers-day-mom-21224464.jpg
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Reading helps me to sleep. I think I'm addicted to fiction for escape from reality. I used to just read at night. Now I read in spare moments, as a break between chores, as a way to relax.
    I know I'm lucky to have time to enjoy retirement, take up a few hobbies, travel a little. It is nice to have free time after all those years of having no time.

i used to do that too until i found myself going "one more chapter" and then looking at the clock finding i had less than 5 hours til i had to get up for work lol.

~kel
  • RogerToo
    Options

i used to do that too until i found myself going "one more chapter" and then looking at the clock finding i had less than 5 hours til i had to get up for work lol.

~kel

Hi
    Been there Done that. At least now I can tell myself I can sleep late. That never works. I still wake up and drag around all day.

Cheers
    Roger
    t77dgejpjdz8.gif
    NutriSystem Forums & Friends

Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Went out to lunch with my daughter and husband. I had a spinach salad with dressing on the side. It consisted of spinach,walnuts and dried cranberries. It was 86 degrees today. We also took a walk through the public garden in Boston. A very enjoyable day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like fun Jo. My daughter had a bunch of people at her house. The in-laws, and my son and his GF. It was really nice. I caught up with my son-in-law's parent and grandmother, and it was nice to see his brother and sister and the rest of the family. They had all sorts of food, I kept it reasonable, but did have a small slice of apple cake and a small glass of wine. I kept track of everything and kept within my calories, so not too bad, even with a couple of treats. :)
    Roger, I don't get enough sleep either. Probably would get less if I didn't read. oh well.
    Kel...I'm usually pretty good about putting the book down when I get tired, the problem is sometimes I don't get tired til it's too late.
    Have a good night everyone. Hope we all sleep well tonight. ;)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Gray and gloomy day so far. Off to yoga for me. I'll see what I can do.
    Back later.
  • jenwrite
    jenwrite Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think I need to start looking in on this group. If weight is slow at 50, it is even slower at 60. I don't have much left to lose, but if the past three months are any indication, it will still be taking a long time! -- Jen

60242453.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Welcome Jen....the last few pounds are the hardest....I never did make it the last time, now I'm up again, so it will be a very long while for me.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It is a warm and humid day especially for May.
    Cheers
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

April 25, 2015 -158.0 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger, glad you got your AC in. My house stays prety cool as long as it cools down overnight. Haven't had to use the AC yet.