Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Joanne-Other than periodic times on the treadmill, I'm terrible at formal exercise so have always gotten my exercise in other ways. This extra weight means it's so much harder to move around doing all of those around the house and yard things I always enjoyed. That's why I enjoyed reading about all of your activity! I need to work at getting to the point of being able to do those things again without it being such a struggle!
    eku0-My daughter bought me a massage one year and it was fantabulous! Warm rocks and gentle massage was so relaxing! Loved it! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Linda, my massage therapist uses the hot rocks...it is very soothing. I really needed the massage this week. It helps so much with pain management.
    Jo, I'm enjoying the weather too. Made sure to go for a walk this morning before it heated up too much.
    Hi Roger.
    Irene hasn't found us yet....I sent her a link the other day. Hope she's ok.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    Looks like another beautiful day
    Off to the gym.
    Stay skinny.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Hopefully she will come on over, Sending a message is all you can do.

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
    a
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I also sent Irene a message.
    Roger-I see another few lbs. dropped, congrats.
    Vix-another beautiful day.
    Linda-as long as you are moving some, that is a good thing. :)
    The other day I planted some herbs in pots on my deck. Yesterday and today I went out to water and someone has been digging in the pots. I suspect squirrels. I also had l tulip with a bulb ready to open and today it is gone. :(
    I guess thats what I get for feeding the squirrels. :p
    Have a good evening.
  • eku0
    Options
    Aw, sorry Jo, looks like the squirrels decided to feed themselves....greedy little critters.
    Made an appt with a new rheumatologist for next week. Here I go again.
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Moving...that's what I really need to do! I have a job that eats up at least 10 hours a day (from home) and it's easy to not move. Gotta get out of this rut! My husband is getting knee replacement surgery tomorrow so I'll be pushing his wheelchair in but then sitting in the waiting room, worried to walk too much in case they come looking for me. Guess I just need to walk around and make sure the can call my cell! I'll look at the layout and then set a goal for a lap every so often. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like a plan Linda. Good luck and best wishes to your husband tomorrow.
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Thanks, eku0! Now I'll feel like I have to report back with success at following through! :)
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    I know you can do it, Linda. Hope all goes well today.
    I watched a DVD yesterday that I borrowed from the library, Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia. There were a couple of good parts, one that explained that part of the problem is the muscles work against each other, leaving you sore. The other part was a yoga session that looked really relaxing. I'm going to keep the DVD for a while and see if I can learn that yoga session. :smile:
    Enjoy the beautiful weather, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Happy Thursday
    I'm Watering the new plantings, $16+ for a 50 foot hose, $3+ for the sprinkler at Walmart.
    Recycle has been picked up and the cans brought from the curb.

Hi Vix
    I hope the DVD works for You.
    Just in case I did see these links
    Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions For Fibromyalgia
    and
    Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions For Fibromyalgia: Season 1
    There were others showing on YouTube too.

Good Luck
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    [/URL]
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
    a
  • eku0
    Options
    Hey, thanks Roger....I didn't know there was stuff on you tube you had to pay for. Haha...I'll just keep the DVD out of the library for a little longer. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Linda-I hope your husband's surgery went well. Will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Vix-I hope this new Dr. has some answers for you.
    Roger-What did you plant?
    I skyped with my son today. He is doing well and will be finished with school in a few weeks. He has one more presentation to do. Then comes the fun part of finding a job in his field.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Vix
    I hope the DVD works for You.
    Just in case I did see these links
    Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions For Fibromyalgia
    and
    Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions For Fibromyalgia: Season 1
    There were others showing on YouTube too.

Good Luck
    Roger

Roger thanks so much for the links. i was telling E on another thread to let me know how it worked for her. figure it can't hurt to look at it for my back issues too :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, so glad you got to skype with your son.....congrats on his graduation soon. Yay! :)
    Appt with a new rheumatologist next week. Will probably just be more tests.
    Kel...check out the library. I still like free information. :smiley: But I will check online to see if there's anything similar out there. I'll let you know if I find a good one.
    Hiya Roger....what did you plant? My poor husband bought a tree today. I thought we didn't have room for any more trees, and wasn't really happy about it. Anyway, the poor guy ended up digging it up and replanting it because I thought it was too close to the house. It is a really nice tree. I just wasn't expecting it. He sure got a workout. I thought he was just going to buy some flowers to put in our planter in front of the house. Guess I'll pick some up.
    The weather's been great. Hope everyone is enjoying it.
    Have a good night. Get some sleep. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba in a little while.
    Happy Friday. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi Vix-It sounds like your hubby got a good workout.
    I got out of work early today, so came home and got all my housework done and the grocery shopping.
    Now when I get out of work tomorrow(another early day) I can have the rest of the day to myself. :)
    Today was a little cooler than it has been, but still great weather.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Evening;
    Linda-I hope your husband's surgery went well. Will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Vix-I hope this new Dr. has some answers for you.
    Roger-What did you plant?
    I skyped with my son today. He is doing well and will be finished with school in a few weeks. He has one more presentation to do. Then comes the fun part of finding a job in his field.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Jo
    What got planted, Onions, Tomatoes, Roses, Begonias. My Brother is muttering Pansies and Geraniums for the other side of the front porch. I said Maybe Petunias and Dahlias.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Jo, so glad you got to skype with your son.....congrats on his graduation soon. Yay! :)
    Appt with a new rheumatologist next week. Will probably just be more tests.
    Kel...check out the library. I still like free information. :smiley: But I will check online to see if there's anything similar out there. I'll let you know if I find a good one.
    Hiya Roger....what did you plant? My poor husband bought a tree today. I thought we didn't have room for any more trees, and wasn't really happy about it. Anyway, the poor guy ended up digging it up and replanting it because I thought it was too close to the house. It is a really nice tree. I just wasn't expecting it. He sure got a workout. I thought he was just going to buy some flowers to put in our planter in front of the house. Guess I'll pick some up.
    The weather's been great. Hope everyone is enjoying it.
    Have a good night. Get some sleep. :)

Hi Vix
    See my answer above as to plantings.

My back aches in sympathy for Your husband's.
    My Brother is muttering about planting columnar Apple trees along the one fence line in the back Yard.
    He has placed a raised bed by the patio. No indications of what he is thinking of putting there. But I believe it should be soon is at all.

Have a Great Weekend All
    Roger
    t77dgejpjdz8.gif
    NutriSystem Forums & Friends

Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png
    [/quote]
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »

NC doesn't seem to have normal libraries lol. i loved the ones i had access to back in Utah when hubby was in the AF. the ones here really don't have all that much locally, you have to have everything transferred in from the larger cities. by that time i've found something that will do online LOL

~kel :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Kel...that's too bad...I love the library, don't know what I'd do without it. They'll even buy books if we ask them to.
    I didn't get around to trying that yoga today. Did attempt zumba this morning though...I definitely modified it down.
    Roger, you planted a lot of good stuff! I bought the flowers for my pots out front today....pretty purple ones. :smile:
    Jo, you got a lot done! I'm kind of low energy at the moment....intended to clean the house, try the new yoga, but didn't get around to it! Will try again tomorrow. I know you're going to enjoy your time off knowing the chores are all done. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. Hugs.