Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all we are loving the weather going to be like 76 today in a couple of days Sammie will be 6 months time is flying by
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Hi all,
    Beautiful day. I planted some tulip bulbs and sat on the deck for a while enjoying this nice weather.

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,323 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It is going to be another warm, overcast day here, with a good chance of afternoon, evening, and overnight showers as the warmth sticks around.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. I think my joints are feeling the upcoming rain chance. I have given Lilo her Tuesday morning shot to help with her arthritis.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    I've been spending time on my porch, reading, to enjoy this beautiful weather.
    Sunny to partly cloudy today with a high of 75.
    Tulips are great. I love the variety of colors.
    I have a webinar scheduled for this afternoon. And I made a todo list...baking, bills, projects.
    Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well today Sammie is in getting fixed ,vet already called and she is in recovery take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! It should be hot and rainy today.

I have to call an oral surgeon and set up an appointment for an extraction. My dentist cannot see anything wrong with the tooth in question, but it hurts, especially when pressed and she thinks either the root is infected or there is a partial break inside where she can't see it. If I go to an endodontist first, and they determine that it's broken inside, then I would still have to go to an oral surgeon for extraction, and I decided to just eliminate the middle man. It's the second bicuspid on the upper right so removal shouldn't affect how photogenic I am.

For the moment I am on an antibiotic, which does seem to already be helping, and a strong pain pill. But I can't take the strong pill and drive so am saving it for evenings, unless I know I will be home all day. It is tramadol, one of the synthetic codeine derivatives. I can't take codeine because of an allergic reaction but CAN take hydrocodone, which is also a synthetic codeine derivative.

As I had never taken tramadol before, I gave it a trial run last night. It definitely makes me fuzzy and a bit wobbly, but, so far, not the horridly sick allergic reaction I get with codeine. Hopefully I can get in with the oral surgeon before I run out of antibiotic. The dentist gave me 10 days worth, and today is day number 2.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed...you may want to wait....it could just be an infection and once the antibiotics knock out the infection your tooth may be fine....you don't want to lose it if you don't have to. I tend to get root infections, and fear I have had a tooth pulled unnecessarily. Even if it doesn't mess up your smile, it does mess up your ability to chew. Antibiotics can clear up the entire problem, if it's an infection.
    Irene, wishing Sammie a speedy recovery!
    Gray and rainy here today, high of 69. It's the end of our summery reprieve.
    No special plans for today. I always have things to do around the house, and will probably make a pot of soup.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's another unseasonably warm day here. My main thing today is visiting the oral surgeon.

At yesterday's consultation, he agreed with the dentist that there is a very strong likelihood the tooth is broken, inside, allowing easy infection and causing the issue. I think we can do this with just a local, but he wants to be prepared for full anesthesia if needed, so J intends to come with me. The antibiotic is working well, and the pain is minimal this morning, so I feel good about trying with a local.

All the same, nothing to eat until after the procedure. And I can only rinse my mouth to moisten, not actually drink anything.

• eku0
    edited November 2020
    Good morning.
    Aw, sorry Ed. Ya gotta do what you gotta do. Yep, a broken tooth is a different story. Hope all goes well and you feel better soon.
    Still cloudy and rainy here with a high of 54 expected.
    Pandemic is picking up...be careful out there. The stupids are still denying democracy and reality.
    Stay safe and healthy, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    I was in and out in less than half an hour this morning with the oral surgeon. The antibiotic had knocked the infection back enough that the local anesthetic was quite sufficient. He had no difficulty with the extraction. I am still waiting on the anesthetic to completely wear off. J was pleased that the wait in the car was short.

• eku0
    So glad you got that taken care of, Ed. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Ed-You got your tooth taken care of quickly. Good luck with your recovery.
    Irene-I hope Sammie is doing well after her surgery.
    Vix-I have also been out on my deck enjoying the nice weather. Today was rainy and it has cooled down a lot.
    Hi Jan.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It's a little cooler today, but should still be a very nice day, clear and sunny. Supper last night was cheesy mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs. For J it was salad and scrambled eggs.

Today is going to be mostly rest and recovery. I am about to start making something soft for breakfast.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Sounds like you're doing ok, Ed...wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Jo, I think the warm weather is gone for now, though today will be pretty nice later...sun will be coming out with a high of 61, which is actually warm in the direct sunlight.
    Not much new here. I picked up my haircolor and some supplements yesterday to last a couple of months in case we get stuck inside again. Had an oikos triple zero yogurt for breakfast, and some homemade low cal cocoa.
    Stay safe and healthy, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It will be cool again today, sunny and pleasant. Perhaps light jacket weather in this early morning time, and late tonight.

Not a lot on the agenda today. I dozed a lot yesterday and may do some more of that today. In lieu of my Friday night pizza, I had a very carefully chewed pasta bake, and some very carefully chewed stuffed cheesy bread. J actually had pizza and most of the cheesy bread. I was jealous. LOL. We did each have a slice of pumpkin roll for dessert. I felt I had earned that treat this week!

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Sounds yummy, Ed.
    Weather is sunny with a high of 54 today...it feels nice outside, will probably go for a walk.
    Watered my indoor plants, nothing really on the agenda.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Cold here this morning 28 degrees. We will be bundling up this morning for our hike.
    Yesterday we went to Boston's North End and Chinatown, walked a total of 6 miles. It was a little chilly down by the waterfront.
    Today we are going to get new apple watches. Ours can no longer be updated. I swear they do this on purpose to get you to purchase a new one.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We are in a cooling trend today, with partly cloudy skies, expecting a high in the mid to upper 60s. There is a 40% chance of rain. I need to finally get started on the laundry.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    That is chilly, Jo! Sounds like a nice outing yesterday. Yes, on the watches...built in obsolescense. We ended up going to Great Falls yesterday. The weather was perfect, scenery beautiful, but it was a little too crowded for my comfort. All but a few were wearing masks on the trails, and most were keeping distance, but I didn't feel relaxed about it.
    Today is gray and will probably rain, high about 63.
    Ed, starting a cooling trend here this week too. No special plans for today.
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is a little warmer this morning 46 degrees, but rainy. It was very cold on our hike yesterday.
    We got our new watches. It registers blood 02 levels and can take an EKG. I haven't finished exploring the other new options yet.
    Today I have an appt. with the eye doctor for my 6 month glaucoma check-up. I hope my pressure is still down.
    Vix-We usually go walking early in the morning. We encounter very few people.
    Ed-Did you get your laundry done?
    Hi Jan-hope you are doing well.
    Irene-How is Sammie recovering from her surgery?
    Have a great start to the week! :)